Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 08:46 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday Chat - Feb 5th

Good Morning !

BBL
Old 02-05-2004, 09:50 AM   #2  
CIN

Default Good Morning!

Good Morning!
Cin
Old 02-05-2004, 09:59 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Ladies

What a boring day, got tons to do but don't feel like doing it... hurry spring !! at least we can sit outside and get fresh air if we want....grrr. lolol

Nothing planed for today, just work, tonight is bath night for dd, make dinner, clean dishes, and hopefully sit down by 8 pm. Its amazing how one extra little person in your life can wear you out LOL but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Zzzzzzzzz!

I'm doing crapy eating this week. I am over eating like a mad man. Just hungry as heck b/c I cheated on Sunday and it takes a few days b/4 the carbs get out of your system and your not ravenous..... Oy the damage LOLOL.. would I do it again, you betcha.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

Row Row Row your boat gentley down the stream! yea right!

It is a crazy crazy day around here! It has been raining cats and dogs and elephants since yesterday around 5 pm. We even have tornado warnings it is the first week of February right?

My mom called me in tears, bec she thinks she has a bladder infection and needed to tend to PawPaw today, they moved him to a room and he is still real out of it bec of the surgery and the epideral and is afraid he will try to get up out of bed and hurt himself, etc, and needed to tend to MawMaw too, sooooooooo my uncle is sitting with him today and I will see about MawMaw today and tomorrow, and hopefully Mom will see about herself and get some meds to get thru this bladder infection quickly.

Calgonnnnnnnnn take me away! didn't Leenie say that earlier in the week! it stuck with me!

Cin - surprised? nope I was shocked to hear that you have members that lose that kind of weight without exercising!!!! I cannot even imagine! I hope they get down on their knees every day and thank the Good Lord above for good metabolisms!

What's everybody else up to today? I'm gonna put some cookies in the oven for MawMaw - she and the lady she rooms with love their fresh baked cookies - and you know what.....today I'm gonna have me one as soon as I take them out of the oven! but I will only have one! it's a choice and I just made it.

later gaters,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 02-05-2004 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:11 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Cathy, if your Mom isn't going to the doctor, there are two very good things she can do to help clear the infection, well actually 3...... vitamin C, lots of cranberry juice 100% juice, none of that cocktail crapola or the mixed stuff... Also WATER WATER WATER, it will help flush her out. Its strange, my sister has an infection and so does grace. Aww poor thing.

Cin HOWDEEEEEEE!!!! watcha doing today ?

Where's the rest of the goils ?

Hey Cathy........ How would you like to start Atkins with me for Lent ? I am thinking of starting induction again and I will start it on Feb 25th (ash weds). Are you game?
We can do it together. I figure I can be good on it for 40 days (Look out Easter Sunday ) after all look at the reason I am doing it right. He did it for us. I won't be offended if you don't want to okay?

TTYL
Old 02-05-2004, 02:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Awwwwwwwwww man! I just lost my whole post that I had typed! *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

I think it went something like this....

Hey Leenie! great idea to do induction together! If I do not start induction before, I will definitely start it with you on February 25! It's a date! I was gonna try and start it this Monday, but there is just way too much going on with taking care of so many people and I just would not be able to give it the attention it needs.

And thanks for the info on bladder infections. I had told my mom this morning that she needed to drink water water water (which she will not do) and 100% cranberry juice, but I did not know about the Vitamin C. I will tell her tho. But knowing her she won't listen to me. She is so stubborn! Does anybody else have a stubborn mom??? My mom drinks caff free diet coke 24 hours a day. Now that is healthy! NOT!

Where is the rest of our gang today?

later gaters,
cathy
Old 02-05-2004, 03:41 PM   #7  

Good afternoon everyone

I am feeling good today.....DH & I met a friend for coffee this morning.....it is grey out today....-15C this morning....it will be nice to see winter gone.

Am doing good with my eating program....in a little while...am going to go walk on the treadmill.

Leenie.....I know what it's like....a few weekends ago....I wanted to eat everything in site....I didn't quite eat everything in the cupboards & fridge though......lol

Cathy....you really should tell your mom to go to the doctor about her bladder infection....if left untreated....it could go to the kidneys....that isn't good.

April
Old 02-05-2004, 04:07 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

Default Hello Ladies

Well my day was very busy.I went to Walmart and got some stuff and a tape measure to take my measurements.I had to get my goddaughters birthday gift also. Then we went grocery shopping and in the middle of it; I started feeling bad. I bought 2 donuts btw.I haven't eatten them yet.I came home and ate an apple with some peanutbutter.YUMMMMMM Can you tell TOM is almost here?If you were to look at my food log today; it will tell how guilty I am.

Does walking around stores count as execise?

CathyI drink cranberry juice alot when i think i have a bladder infection.

well I hope everything is ok.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 02-05-2004, 05:54 PM   #9  

Good afternoon guys. I am home from school and getting some dinner started.

I have used the cranberry trick too. I wonder if cranberry pills would do the same thing?

We had a big storm come through too but not as much rain as they said. Cathy I think you got it all. We had really bad wind though. I can't sleep when it is like that. I heard a tree fall last night but I couldn't see it when I got up to go look. Well, this morning hubby came in and said the neighbors had a tree in their garage now. They didn't even hear it. I can't beleive it.
Closed Thread