Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 10:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/188/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Bite Me!

The nurse who answered my call at the pediatrician's office can BITE ME!

I have taken my kids to these guys for 20 years--sonce my first was born. I have NOT been a difficult mom there (I'm a nurse who used to work in an office, so I know what that is and I avoid being one. And my kids are grown now, so unless they need a phys or shots, I don't ever call there.) I called today to make a physical appt for DS#2 for college and ask about meningitis immunization and the Hepatitis B series that most colleges want now--just to set them up mind you! This woman (I've runinto her beforebut chose to ignore.) was so rude and sarcastic, and short and snorted and harrumphed, and interrupted and acted like I should know everything she was telling me--said to call back for a summer appt. and then ignored me when I asked how far ahead, and how far apart for the hepatitis series (to plan how to get them all in before Aug. I really didn't ask alot of questions--I was succinct and polite. It is not ME I'm concerned about---my kids will be out'o' there in a year. It is the poor young stress-out mother who calls with a very sick baby in her arms that I feel sorry for. If she has to talk to this woman she will feel TERRIBLE by the time she gets off the phone! I have never done this, but am thinking of telling the docs there about her attitude. It was really over-the-top and it's not the first time I've encountered it from her---just the worst. Does anyone think I should e-mail our usual doctor over there? I am taking the time to cool down before I decide.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:09 AM   #2  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YES!! I usually DON'T say that, but you are right about new Moms dealing with her. Her attitude could get in the way of childrens' health. HOW are you supposed to get the scheduling right if you don't know thew gaps between the shots? And what ABOUT that new Mom who isn't sure if she should be calling and is treated like she is a hypochondriac.....and it turns out her kid has pneumonia, not a cold...or scarlet fever and not a diaper rash?
Old 02-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I would definitely say something to the doctor. Just because it is a doctor's office doesn't mean that they don't have to have a level of customer service. You are paying them for their services when you come in for an appointment and you should be treated like a customer, not some annoyance. If you were treated like that in a store would you not complain?

And Den is right - some poor person with less knowledge than you would be intimidated by this person and be afraid to call or do the wrong thing because of this person's attitude.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:49 AM   #4  

You guys are right---I'm not sure how I'm going to get through to the doc--the nurses there are set up as guard dogs to make sure you can't reach him. But maybe I'll just send a letter saying to Dr. C only!!.

You're right--I owe it to the poor unsuspecting mom who will call and let her sick child get worse becasue ashe was too afraid and sleep deprived and feeling vulnerable, and let this SHREW intimidate her.

I remember how easy it was to feel like you might be making the wrong decision with a baby and I'm a nurse! You just can't think rationally about your own kids, and you second guess yourself.

I remember the last time I talked to this 'lady' in person, she was so nasty that the woman at the desk next to her looked at me with empathy and had an "i;m so sorry about her." look on her face. I wonder if she's related to one of the doc's and that's why they keep her on? Hmm..
Old 02-05-2004, 07:22 AM   #5  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Chervata,
I agreee with Den, and Mauvais you should definately say something.. I believe when it comes to kids better to be safe than sorry, and new moms well it can be overwhelmimg.. and i give you props, i would have tried to take her on, horns to horns
Old 02-05-2004, 08:36 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Chervata, I agree! I would definitely do something about it. We have a similar situation at our medical clinic. The receptionists there are so unprofessional that I often don't make the effort to call in an appointment for myself. You go, girl!
Old 02-06-2004, 08:01 AM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

The snow can bite me! It is snowing here again - when will the winter be over?
Old 02-06-2004, 08:26 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, CRAP! I hadn't noticed until you said that, Mauvais! Damn.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:28 AM   #9  

YUP!! We have a coating of ice on everything, and school STILL wasn't cancelled. At least DH doesn't have to go in today.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:39 PM   #10  

Yeah, I really hate when my teenager has to drive himself to school--about 12 miles away--on a total sheet of ice, because they didn't call off school in town, but they called it off in our area.

Icy streets can BITE ME!!

(Can you tell this is PMS week?)
Old 02-06-2004, 10:42 PM   #11  

Scary!!!!
Old 02-07-2004, 09:01 AM   #12  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

hear hear, i agree winter/ice/snow can bite me. and the big 6 foot ice patch right outside my back steps can really bite me. whover crept to my house in the middle o' the night and hosed down my driveway is gonna get it when i find out who it was.! lol
Old 02-10-2004, 12:07 PM   #13  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

People who are very vocal when something does not work, but never say thank you when you fix the problem can bite me!
Old 02-10-2004, 03:38 PM   #14  

OOh, I hear ya, Squeaker!

And while I'm at it--hope this isn't too personal, but monthly periods can bite me! Try 36 years and 4 mos of them.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:41 PM   #15  

YIKES!!!! I'm up to year 33!!!!
Closed Thread