Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 04:56 AM   #1  
Movin' and Losin'

Angry Chat: Tuesday, Feb. 3

Hello, Atkins Chicks!

I'm usually not awake at this time of the morning, but lots of work awaits me. Of course, I had to check in here first.

First off: A very big "Welcome Back!" to Karen! You were very missed! I'm SO glad you are back. And, congrats on your business ventures!

Froufy: Thanks so much for starting the Carborina story thread. That is so fun! We have some very talented writers in our group, if I do say so myself.

Well, weigh-in was yesterday, and good news!! I lost 7.5 pounds! Of course, the bad news is that over the previous two weeks, I gained 10.5 pounds. So, overall I'm up three pounds from my lowest recent weight. I'm still really not sure what accounted for the HUGE gain and the big loss? Maybe that pesky TOM played a part in it???

Anyway, I'm off. Pages are waiting to be edited, and articles are waiting to be written. Long day ahead... Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!

Take care,
Jina

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 02-03-2004 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-03-2004, 06:49 AM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Good morning everyone!

A long and destined-to-be tiring day awaits, so I'm posting now while the fuzz hasn't accumulated on the brain yet. I had a major slip during our Superbowl party on Sunday, but I'm surprised at how easy it was to get back on track yesterday. It probably had something to do with how my stomach revolted and remind me about every 1/2 hour that this was not the food it was accustomed to eating! I paid attention to my husband's written warnings and took care of my gliding BEFORE drinking my glass of wine last night........ouch! I'm so thrilled right now because people at work are starting to notice my loss and are coming up and saying something to me. I've had so many requests to borrow my book that I'm not sure exactly who has it at this particular moment!

Jina: Yahooo on that weight loss!

Karen: Welcome back! I missed you dearly, especially since you were the one that found me in the journals and pointed me to this group. Glad to know that dd is doing well.

Froufy: I am getting more of a kick out of the Carborina saga than you could possibly imagine.

Hope everyone has a good one!
Old 02-03-2004, 06:58 AM   #3  

Morning y'all!
I haven't had much time to post lately, but I do sneak in and check occasionally when work permits. I've been busier lately than a one-armed paper hanger. I've been doing well following plan...but man, oh man, did I screw up last night. I had 1/3 of an atkins bar with a large cup of coffee last night after coming in from a walk....BIG mistake! I tossed and turned all night and don't feel like I got a wink of sleep
I'm hoping today is a slow one at work, but Murphy's law ..........

Well, here's to a great Tuesday!
Old 02-03-2004, 07:00 AM   #4  

I just realized today's the 3rd! I looked at the header saying Feb. 10 and started to panic because I haven't gotten any Valentine's Day shopping done yet!
Old 02-03-2004, 08:15 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Ladies

Lizzy, I love your heart avitar

Nothing much to say today as usual, busy here at work, even with the boss gone lolol... but its nice just the same. Its icky and cold out, rain snow sleet snow rain OY.. calgon take me away lol...... HURRY SPRING !!

I can not wait until Easter, I really can't, just the thought of those spring flowers and being able to go outside w/only a sweater instead of a heavy coat, boots, hats, and gloves.

Have a wonderfully OP day everyone.

Hugs
Old 02-03-2004, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Have a few things on my plate this morning, not to mention this emergency pager thing isn't helping, it went off at 2:45p.m. and that situation wasn't resolved until 10pm, so much for getting my work done. But that's what today's going to be for (and this morning as I'm reading posts ) Once again all I can say is that at least it's once a year and I'm getting it over with early this time. Busy day at work, it's the monthly meeting today when all the social workers get together and *****, it's very uplifting I assure you

KAREN YAY! Glad you're ok and op.

Sped, glad you're back on track so easily, good for you!
Bizzy, hope you get some sleep,ugh, that sounds terrible.
Leenie, I'll vote for spring, although we're getting warmer up here so I am not going to complain in the least.

Gotta run ladies, till tomorrow.
Tummy
Old 02-03-2004, 08:30 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

I kept having to pop up to the top to make sure I was on the right day. We received snow last night but once again NO delay or cancellation of school. Hubby's working 3rd shift this week (and possibly next) so of course oldest DD slept w/me--along w/the dog! Wasn't too bad until the dog decided to hog the bed. It's back to work for me today. I was hoping for another day off because I really didn't accomplish nothing yesterday. lol.

Hope you all have a great day
Old 02-03-2004, 08:34 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies! I haven't been around in a couple days, still not feeling well. It has been fairly easy to stay on plan, because I'm not eating very much at all. I've even squeezed some exercise in. Not as much as I'd like, but I can only lay around feeling sorry for myself for so long. I'm going to try and catch up on some laundry today, while laying around trying to feel better. Have a good day everyone!!
Old 02-03-2004, 08:52 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies.

BAD, BAD, BAD Jane yesterday. She was very tired and feeling down so she helped herself to illegal foods. Today she is being good.

It's kind of funny how those old habits have not gone away. I can stay on plan everyday except when I am tired or down I go for the junk. Hmmmm.

Finally have an install scheduled at work so my day should go by faster. I also have to fill out my annual review before the end of the week. I hate doing those stupid things. We have to fill out this form on line and then our supervisor fills out the same one on us. Then we get together on the phone and discuss.....in the end everyone in the company gets the same cost of living raise for cryin out loud! Oh well, at least it is something.

nutski: sorry you don't feel well. Get better soon.

lady_adnerb: Our weather is a little crappy today also. We are supposed to get a rain, snow and ice storm tonight. It is going to be over with by morning thank goodness.

Tummy Girl: Can I ask what kind of social work do you do? We should start a "what you do for work thread".

Leenie: you know what kills me about Easter.....I remember as a kid getting a new outfit that would just have a sweater for it and wearing white shoes. I would freeze to death! It was never quite spring. And what is up with being able to wear white shoes before Labor Day?

BizzyLizzy: Sounds like you had quite a night......"one-armed paper hanger" That reminds me of my dad...he used to always say that.

Spedmom: It's so nice when people start to notice. Makes you feel so good all over!

jdoggmartin: Congrats on the 7.5 You'll lose the rest I know you will.

KAREN: We missed you...welcome back.

Well I'm off...at least when I am busy typing it looks like I working

Last edited by jane8760; 02-03-2004 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:26 AM   #10  
Total Sass Bucket

Good morning all!
I'm later than usual because when I got to work this morning.... the internet was down *GASP*. So, I started doing some homework. My class was canceled last night about 2 hours into it.... so I had just enough time to finish my test before heading home. Yippee! Couldn't wait to tell my sister how I had managed to turn up my nose at the cheese and crackers, huge yummy sheetcake, AND soft sugar cookies with pink icing in the teacher's lounge yesterday. She was impressed... and honestly... so was I!! I never knew I had it in me.

nutski- I hope you feel better very very soon. It sucks being sick.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:37 AM   #11  
The Princess O' Pets

Morning chickadees!!!

Happy to see everyone in good form!

Jina!!!! Congrats on the loss that is soooooo great, who cares what you were up before 7.5 is FABULOUS girl!

Fouf: I am soo happy you started the story thread I love it!

nutski: great to see you back, hope you feel better soon!

Bizzy: Hope you get an easy day at work since you didn't get much sleep, I was like that on Sunday nite!!

Sped: Glad you are back on track, i find it easy to get back on after a mishap and I am happy to do it since my tummy is a crab hater now!

HI LEENIE!!!!

Tummy: hope your day is easier today!!

Lady A: my dh works nights so I have 2 dogs and a 5 yr old who sleeps with me every night! URGH....

Jane: glad to see you bounce right back, I know how you feel I had a meltdown last week and helped my self to illegal foods...then my tummy paid the price!

well ladies, I am getting ready for another fun filled day at work, still in training. My mom had a mini drama the past couple days, her belvoved Chihuahua "Pilar" was sick and thought she had a stroke. Well I had to calm my mom down and get her all together when she was sobbing. I have never heard my mom cry like that...she is not a particularly emotional person..it was wierd. But just like i told her I doubted it was a stroke it sounded like vestibular disease, and i was right, Pilar went to the vet and is doing much better. My mom is sooooooo attached to her since we all live up here and she is by herself in CA. I am soooooo on TOM but doing fine on WOE, so that is good , I will wait until TOM is over to weigh in.

Have a great day!!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 09:38 AM   #12  
The Princess O' Pets

Shimma you snuck in on me! You and your sis are doing an excellent job!!!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:31 AM   #13  
Movin' and Losin'

Man, sorry about the wrong date. I was getting a little ahead of myself. That's what I get for being up that early, I guess.

Leenie: Is there any way you could fix the date on the main Atkins thread? I don't want to keep confusing everyone. I couldn't do it. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2004, 11:35 AM   #14  
Total Sass Bucket

Personally, I found the date to be hysterically funny.... I fell for it, and someone else said they had to keep looking. Nothing like wishing the time away, eh?
Old 02-03-2004, 12:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hello everyone!

Welcome back to Karen! Now we just have to find all those other old regulars who seem to be MIA...Jamie, fullfig, supersized, supergrl etc.

I totally went off plan on Super Bowl evening, but I didn't overeat, just ate non-Atkins approved stuff. And I finally found some Bacardi Breezers, which I haven't seen since I was in Europe, so I splurged a little on the alcohol end of things. But it's so bizarre to have a party on a Sunday evening.

You're right, the story thread is hilarious! I haven't added to it yet, but I love reading it.

Anyway, I'll pop in later in the afternoon when I have more time to sneak on.

Take care all!
Closed Thread