South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 03:11 PM   #1  

Question Hi New to the Beach as of today...

I have one question. Since they've updated the Phase I list to include fat free yogurt plain or vanilla is there a limit to the amount per day? Also I bought fat free vanilla thinking that it was sweetened with Splenda but it also contains Fructose as the second or third ingrediant. Now I've read that you can have fructose but you have to count it as a sweet so do I use the whole amount of calories of the serving?? Okay I guess that was two questions
Thanks for the help and I look forward to the support.

Just a little info, I live in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. My DH and I started South Beach today. We are both looking forward to being thinner come summer as well as learning to eat for health. As you can see from my name that we have a Harley and we enjoy touring alot with it. So to everyone.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:14 PM   #2  

Hello! and Welcome! I am new also and, unfortunately, cannot answer your questions. But did want to say hello anyway!
Old 02-02-2004, 03:40 PM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Hey Harleywife! Welcome. I hate yogurt so I am no help. My dh and I ride as well. Not our Harley cause it is sitting in pcs. 66 sportster basket case he bought a couple of years ago but we moved and with his new job and then he bought a rental house we had to redo it is left sitting! He may not know it but he will finish it this year before summer I hope! We ride a Yamaha Roadstar 1600 Or sumin close! I was set to buy a Hog but I decided I wanted an inground pool and a bike so. As for the pool still waitin! Used that cash to buy my dh a new car last year. Then I totalled our van and had to buy a new one so now we have a van payment and no pool!!!!! But hopefully after all is done with the wreck I can work on gettin my pool! I hope you and your husband have great sucess on the beach. We're glad to have ya! And I can bet someone will answer any ???'s you have.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:54 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome Harleywife. For a minute there I thought you were married to a Harley!
It's nice to see another Canadian in here.

Fat free yoghurt and milk ARE limited up to two cups a day.
See http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35659 in the FAQ section.
Count fructose as a sweet and just don't give calories a thought! The beauty of this plan is no counting. (Actually, off the record, the fructose is probably so minimal, you could just ignore it.)

Enjoy! And please do join in on the daily chat.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:03 PM   #5  

Thanks for the answer Ruth. I appreciate the help. And thanks to the rest of you for the warm welcome.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:07 PM   #6  

Hi, Harleywife......Nice to have you come to the beach. Hope you brought a big towel with you.

I am new to the plan and this is the start of my 2nd week. What a nice community of people here.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:46 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Harleywife... it's good to have you here!
And thank you to everyone else for answering her question, because I'm a little "off" at the moment.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:03 PM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Welcome Harleywife. Pull up a towel and get out your sunscreen. This is a great place to meet wonderful new people. They are a great group and you will get all the support and funny stories, jokes etc.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:45 PM   #9  

Hi Harleywife! I am pretty new as well. I am on Day 5 Phase I, so I can't answer your question, but I can say hello. My dh has a harley, I don't know how to ride one myself, but that is seriously on my 'to do' list to learn how. We have talked about if I do learn how I will his bike and he will get a new one, which I think would be great fun.

Good luck with the SBD, I think you will enjoy it.
Closed Thread