Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 12:59 PM   #1  
Cowboy Up Chick

Default OT: Satellite Internet or other options

DH and I are moving to an area that does not have cable and we have been using cable for our internet. We are not real keen on going back to dial-up so does anyone use DirectPC or another satellite provider or maybe have ideas or options?

We live in Southern Arizona....

No DSL available at all. No cable available either. It is too far from the phone switching box. I have checked into everything and the 2 options are:

Dial Up

Satellite

No one even carries a broadband for us at the new place.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:08 PM   #2  

I think I'd panic if I had to go back to dial up. But then, when I first got on line, we thought 300 baud was fast. lol.

I'm on DSL these days, but live in an urban area, though I do have Direct TV because I really got sick of my cable company (which we why we got DSL, too.) So I can't answer the satellite internet, unfortunately.

But check out this link here: http://www.dslreports.com/psearch This site is a great resource where people talk about their experiences. The psearch will get you a page where you can see if there are some other options - heck even AOL has broadband these days! And if you go to the main page, you can find out what people think of their own service and it might give you a good idea of whether something like a satellite link will work for you.

Good luck!
Closed Thread