100 lb. Club - Weekly weigh in .... Feb 1-6

View Full Version : Weekly weigh in .... Feb 1-6

Charbar
02-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Yikes.. 1.5 lb gain. That football food yesterday was too tasty :T

Monkeybabies
02-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Super Bowl Sunday was a huge challenge for me as I am sure it was for everyone! I am down another 3 pounds this week....making it 12 pound loss total in the 14 days of phase one of the South Beach Diet. I am starting phase two today. I am a bit anxious because I am adding good crabs back into my diet, where as the first two weeks of SoBe, i cut out all flour and sugar. So, I am trying to do this S-L-O-W-L-Y. That is the key word. I will add some fruit in (yay) tonight before din din!!!!! I am just leery of phase two because I did so well on phase one in terms of sticking to plan, and loosing the weight. I have a feeling that I am insulin resistent, so my body and carbs don't get along very well :(

Well, wish me luck and please keep me motivated. Thank You!!!!!

chequitagirl
02-02-2004, 01:15 PM
gina congrats on the loss. good thinking on taking it slowly. alot of diets that work wonderful for some people don't work for others. you really have to figure out what works for you and the only way to figure this out is to try different things and take it slowly. good luck and just remember that you motivate all of us.

Nyssareen
02-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Blah, the bad eating caught up with me quickly...back up to 370...but now that I'm working out at least three times a week, it'll go back away quickly!

Cezanne

dowsx4
02-02-2004, 08:36 PM
I am down to 190! Its the week of TOM here and i usually lose like crazy that week! Never before was i so happy to see it come LOL!

Sandi
02-02-2004, 10:12 PM
I am down 2.5 lbs!! 292. Finally a lose! Wooo Hooo!!

terrific pig
02-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Sandi---great loss!!!

Julie ---WOOOHOOO!!!

SuchAPrettyFace
02-03-2004, 02:17 AM
Good going, losers!!! :D

287 here @ the gym, meaning I stayed the same. But Aunt Flo is here this week, next week will be better. :)

Charbar
02-03-2004, 08:49 AM
Way to go all you losers! Gina.. that is awesome on the south beach! Has it been really tough?

Monkeybabies
02-03-2004, 12:03 PM
Slimdown....
Honestly it has not been bad at all. Like most of us here, I have been on every "diet" out there...and lost and gained an dlost and gained the same darn 10 pounds no lie. Anyhoo, my endo suggested that I try a lower car diet. he said it is the only way that I will be able to loose weight. I am hypoglycemic and seem to always get hungry when counting points, etc. The SOBE diet really is not a fad diet at all. It really bothers me that it is being marketed that way, but I guess if you wanna make $$, it has to be, right? If I could rename this diet, I would call it "The Smart Carb Diet: Good Carbs and Good Fats"....because essentially this is what you are doing when on the SOBE. There are three phase to the diet....Phase one (that is only used for two weeks, as a detox phase...) is the most difficult phase. Detox, I mean because you need to give up all flour and sugar. It sounds way harder than it is. I got really creative, and didn't even eat the same dinner twice in the first 14 days (record for me...and I am becoming domesticated...hubby loves it!!!!!!:) ) The point of this phase is to rid you of your carb cravings like pasta, bread, ya know, everything that I LOVE. But, I can HONESTLY say, I do not miss them anymore. I NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS thought I waould say that!!!!! Huge NSV there for me!!!! Phase two...you start adding good carbs back in like most fruits, my oatmeal, ummmmmm SF pudding and yogurt. YUM. You stay on Phase two until you reach your desired goal....and Phase three is Maitenence. This WOL is something that is quite doable for me. Now, that I am off my soapbox.....if you want to know more...just ask away.

StartingOver
02-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Hello All. My name is Angie and I am Starting Over!! LOL I used to post on this site, my nickname was Hannahsmommy. I am following the weight watcher plan. We have a group at work that meets once a week. I am here for the long haul. I look forward to the support and encouragement!!!

Last week I was down 3 lbs and
This week I am down 3 lbs!!!!

299.5/293.5/160
Angie

chequitagirl
02-03-2004, 02:56 PM
congrats to all the losers. you all are doing great. my wi is tonight and well let's just say everyone keep your fingers crossed. i have been pretty op so i am not too worried plus i did get to the gym 3 times last week. so we will see. hope everyone has a nice tuesday.

Monkeybabies
02-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Good Luck Audrey tonight!!!!

Welcome back Starting over!!!!!! Great job so far!!!! Yeah!

Amanda Panda
02-03-2004, 08:53 PM
I had my first weigh in with WeightWatchers today - lost 2lb!. I am pleased with that as it is my TOM which always affects my weight (and not in a good way! - Julie - does the weight really drop off you when it is your TOM? You lucky thing!)

Anyway - it feels good to be finally LOSING weight, rather than gaining!

Amanda xx

Monkeybabies
02-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Hey Amanda Panda....I have not seen you on the boards for a while. Welcome back!!! WTG with the WW.

Step
02-04-2004, 12:17 AM
Good going everybody!! Welcome Angie.

I had a rough week ... didn't stay on plan and didn't exercise as much as I should. BUT ... I weighed in at 255 ... manainging to lose 1 pound, so I'm happy :)

I did bring my lunch to work EVERY DAY, and it really pays off ... I avoid the caf all together and eat what I brought. Although the caf does have a decent salad bar and sometimes offers other healthy selections, sometimes it's difficult to go in their hungry and make the right decisions. AND ... I'm not just saving calories, I'm saving $$, to.

dowsx4
02-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Amanda for some reason the week before my period i dont lose then the week of i lose like crazy and the week after i lose more moderatly. I am now down to 188 today and i have lost a total of 152 lbs. I will usually lose about 6 lbs the week of my period. I think alot of it is that i retain water the week before but still lose fat so when the water weight comes off it show that loss plus the fat loss.

chequitagirl
02-04-2004, 11:07 AM
congrats julie and steph on the losses. i had wi last night and was down 4.5 lbs. for the week and a total of 32 lbs. since i began my journey in nov. of 2003. i have 9 lbs. to go to my valentines day goal of 315 lbs. and i think i can make it.

terrific pig
02-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Great job, Audrey, Julie, Steph! I weighed myself yesterday and was 239, down 2.5, I think. I try to only weigh myself every few days or once a week. The scale is so fickle!

looosingit
02-04-2004, 02:33 PM
Congrats everybody!

I'm down 3 this week. This puts me back at my pre-Christmas weight low.

Bunnababy
02-04-2004, 04:50 PM
According to my scales I weight 261 this morning. Tuesday afternoon was 272 at the doctors office. I am praying his are wrong and mine are right. The ones at the gym are always right on with mine so I will use mine. That makes a gain of 5 lbs. since being sick. Hopefully, it is the meds cuz I am not eating enough to gain weight for sure. :o

chequitagirl
02-04-2004, 05:45 PM
congrats to kris and mary on the losses. YOU GIRLS ROCK!!!! meds usually mess with your body, so you just keep on keeping on bunna. catch you all later.

AngiKL
02-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Hi guys. Congrats to the LOSERS and maintainers! Hang in there the rest of you!

You might need to sit down for this news, but. . .

I LOST 2 pounds!

Jenaya
02-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Congratulations on all the losses this week. For those who are up a little, this is a new week and so many things can affect weight. I weigh in on Sunday and I am nervous. Julie, congrats on those new numbers! What a great feeling - 152 lbs. you have done so well! A true inspiration!

melsfolly
02-05-2004, 08:28 PM
I got rid of another 1.6 lbs. this week.
Total lost so far this year is 16 lbs. :yes:

SuchAPrettyFace
02-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Mel, you are doing great, what an inspiration!

Amanda456
02-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Hello Everyone!!!!

I would like to join this group......I currently weigh 258 and I started my weight loss at 282

I will post my loss next week I am pround to say I did lose 2 lbs last week

terrific pig
02-05-2004, 09:50 PM
So glad to have you here, Amanda! Congratulations on the 2 pounds. I hope you post often - this is a truly friendly, supportive group.

Jenaya
02-05-2004, 11:31 PM
Welcome Amanda.

Wow, you have already done well. Good luck on your weigh in this week Amanda!

Jenaya

Monkeybabies
02-06-2004, 12:59 AM
Yeah everyone!!! We are all doing great. Thank You for all of your support.....I can not/couldn't do it with put all of you!!!!!

Welcome newbies....

glynne
02-06-2004, 07:56 AM
Well, I had hoped to start the new year off right, but as usual with me it takes me a while to get back in the groove. I wasn't as careful during the holidays and had a gain ~ not a horrible one, but a gain none the less. I am sort of back on track. Being careful and trying to eat the right things. I need to get back to counting the calories so I can get a better handle on things.

I hope that by posting here it will kind of help me make the commitment to improve my health.

I got a recumbent exercise bike this week and put it together. I really like it so far. I think it will work well with the weird hours I have and allow me to get in some exercise at times when other options are not available. I also have joined the Y ~ it is not open yet, but they are hoping to have it open by March 1st. I am excited about that ~ they are to have a walking track and a pool. I am hoping that there might be some water aerobics classes that I could attend.

My weight history:

SW 220, lost down to 184, messed up and went back up to 225, health problems and puffed up to 240, lost back down to 203 (onederland was so close ~ darn), holidays got me ~ 211, on my way back down ~ now at 206.

Gayle

looosingit
02-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Welcome Amanda!

Wow! Mel - 16 pounds already?! You are going to have to trade your snail picture for a race horse!

Glynne - You'll see onderland in no time! You'll go far with that kind of perseverance.

chequitagirl
02-06-2004, 10:57 AM
gayle sounds like you are on the right track to get back on track. i love the recumbnent bike. it doesn't seem to hurt my back as bad as a regular exercise bike.

jkfla
02-06-2004, 07:46 PM
254.4 today. i think i was 255.8 last week. i haven't updated my signature in a while since i gained and all. so i'm just gonna say about 1.4 lb loss for this week miraculously!!

Monkeybabies
02-07-2004, 01:28 AM
go shelly, go shelly, go go go go!!!!