General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 12:49 PM   #1  

Default Does anyone follow the GI Plan?

Hi,

I have been following the GI Plan, and met with little success. A Visit to my GP turned up a low thyroid condition.
It helped explain the difficulty losing weight.

But, I am also researching an article, to appear at Low Carb Energy Magazine, about the GI Plan. I was hoping somebody could give their views and perhaps help me cope with the fact the weight is coming off soooooo slowly when the friends I introduced to the program are doing well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Deborah17
Old 02-03-2004, 01:46 PM   #2  

If you are hypothyroid, you will probably not be losing weight fast. I am too but still managed to lose. Don't compare yourself with friends. Everyone is different and it could discourage you. Are you exercising?
Old 02-04-2004, 03:17 PM   #3  

Arrow i exercise

Hi,

I do exercise, I do 30 minutes of cardio at least3x week. I also do strength training.

My GP didn't give me the numbers but said he was going watch it and test me next year.

I am more pro-active than that! So, now I am doing the vitamins and hoping that there can be a window available for self-correction. I am fervently hoping so.

I really hope so because I have lost 15 pounds since July,2003 and about 25 inched overall, the biggest change in my torso and legs. But my hips are staying stubborn after a 7 inch decrease in the first two months.

I am plodding along, a little bit comforted by the fact that the thyroid may have something to do with it.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:13 PM   #4  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

DEB,

Come on over to the SUGAR BUSTER corner of the board. We follow a low GI plan and we all have great success...we start a new support board every Monday and our Moderator DEBELLI is just a wiz on the subject. You might send her a PM and she'll be glad to give you the info that you need!
We also have several members who have thyroid problems and still have success on the plan.

BOB
Closed Thread