100 lb. Club - Wednesday 1/28 daily thread

View Full Version : Wednesday 1/28 daily thread

Monkeybabies
01-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Hello everone....

Well, today it feels like winter wonderland here. We have about 4 inches so far....and it is snowing like crazy!!! Kinda fum, considering I am in for a few more days with sicky children. Their lungs are both clear, but Aidan still needs his inhaler every 4-6 hours.

Steph....I live in Pembroke. We just moved here like a year and a half ago, but I grew up in Braintree. I had no idea someone on the board lives so close to me. Maybe we can meet sometime...we can have our own little CHICAGO convention in Boston. Which, I wish I would be able to go. I have relatives in the Chicago area...so i iguess it is not completely out of the question....

Well....just got AF, and not at all in the mood to excercise...but will push myself for a nice walk on the treadmill....or something. :faint: I am glad I have it cause, I need some special tests done for this PCOS thing, and it only can be done day 2, 3, 4, or 5 of my menstral period. FUN!

Hope everyone is having a great day....and I guess we will see the results of the poll on Friday. Looking foward to it!!!!

Sandi
01-28-2004, 01:26 PM
It's a cold Wednesday here in Northwest Indiana. We are just startingto dig ourselves out and there is more snow scheduled for tomorrow.

I can't believe the poll is so close between weekly and daily chats. That's kinda funny. Looks like the numbered chats are gone for good!!

I am teaching a Word Level 3 class today. Kinda fun, I have all good students. Of course I am talking too much as usual and we are running a little behind!!

Have a great day everyone!!

missaprylj
01-28-2004, 06:47 PM
I had a bad day today. Plans made, plans changed, plans changed again... my schedule is kind of overloaded.

Mon- Volunteer 3:45-5:30
Tues- Work sometimes/meetings
Weds - Meetings/ babysit 4:00-6:00
Thurs - Meetings/ babysit 4:45- 6:30
Friday- Work
Saturdays - Church
One Sunday a month - youth group (which, i know I *should* like, but it's all these groups of friends and NONE of my friends, so I sit there kinda like an idiot.)

Plus.... homework, social life, orchestra, learning to drive (a few hours a week of driving around town), and the day to day grind. Heh.

And, at anytime I just sit still, I feel totally guilty. :dizzy:

Daners
01-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Hey there folks! I'm back from my conference--it was fabulous! I don't think there was a single speaker that I didn't wish would talk for another hour by the time they ended their talk. It was great!

The free time was fun, and it seems that we managed to walk 6-8 miles a day. We walked everywhere. I didn't count points all weekend, but tried to make some wise choices early on in the day, knowing that the evenings would bring things that I couldn't even begin to try and count. Like, how many points in a "hand grenade", or alligator bites, frog legs, bingets, a muffaletta or a hurricane. Beats me :shrug:!

So, I went from wearing capris and sandals with a short sleeved shirt on Sunday to having to walk off a plane onto the tarmac into a blizzard on Monday. The gate was broken and they couldn't get it to the door of the plane-a nice welcome home surprise!

There was about 12-15 inches of snow in Omaha by the time the storm blew through--lots of accidents all over the place. So I stayed with my dad that night and drove home yesterday morning late.

When I got home last night, I had a little conference with my scale, I was dreading it, was ready for the tears to fall, and low and behold, I didn't gain an ounce, actually lost a few :dancer:.

So now it's back to life as previously scheduled--which is much like Apryl's, make plans then change plans several times before anything happens!

Hope everyone is staying warm out there!

Jenaya
01-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi all,

Glad to hear those babies are better Gina. That was a scary time for you, you must be exhausted from all those all nighters - checking the breathing, feeling for fever. Life of a Mom.

Sandi, I could use your computer course. I am completely illiterate. I think I managed to get my signature and avatar on here - maybe. Has only taken me a month! You know, I complained about the temperature yesterday and I was cursed for doing that. Today, it is - 47. INSANE...I can hardly wait for it to let up a bit. The kids are antsy - they just want to go outside and play. Me too!

I was tired looking at the schedule of volunteering, babysitting, school, church - where do you find your energy?

Dana, to go on a conference and come back at the same weight is awesome. Good for you. Isn't it nice to go and get energized!

I am just keeping warm. What can I say. I am finding that my motivation is lacking these days. I am starting to make a few little slips here and there and we know those can add up to a downslide. I have to stay focused on what I am trying to do. I have been great with the exercise and I will continue.

Hope everyone is doing well.