Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 09:02 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Wonderful Wednesday

That's right, my Wednesday is starting off wonderfully--I haven't run my car into any big snow piles yet!!
Old 01-28-2004, 09:50 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Good morning!! I don't have too much to chat about today... But I do want to know where some of the ladies who used to post here have gone. Where's Jayne (maybe she had her baby?), Lisa, Di, Kierie, and what about Kirsty? If you gals are lurking, come out and post!!

That's about all I know for now. I'll be back.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:29 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

I'm very lonely out here...
Old 01-28-2004, 11:30 AM   #4  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning Jess! Good to hear you've managed to avoid snowdrifts today!

I am having problems with my computer at home - it won't quit beeping! I tried to start it up this morning, nothing but beeping ... if I can't figure it out, I'll have to bring it in... sigh. I hate doing that.

I lurked all day yesterday but remember nothing, so I'll just say "hey" to everyone that posted!
Old 01-28-2004, 11:53 AM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Morning - quiet morning. I'm tired today. My alarm actually woke me up. That never happens unless I'm tired. But I get to play volleyball tonight and that always makes me happy.
This is where I will post today's small victory. Yesterday I wore a short top - very cute, pink with a hood but old navy so a little low cut - I usually wear longer things that cover my gut and butt. The sweater got me about 4 compliments including 2 "have you lost more weight?" It was a good feeling but it told me that I really need to buy some clothes that are more specific for my body type and show it off instead of hiding.
Jess - I'm glad you didn't end up in a snowdrift.
Angie - Is the internal battery going on your computer?
I'll check back later to see who's around. I have to get through some work now.
KT
Old 01-28-2004, 11:55 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey Jess, I was going to post but then got busy and didn't get back until now. I have a lot to do, but I also have a lot of organizing to get done because my desk is a mess and I can't stand it. Also, I am very busy now, but the real busy season is just around the corner, so I need to be prepared for that. I hate not being able to find things.

Angie, oh I hope your Hard Drive didn't go out. My work computer went wacko a couple years ago and all it did was beep and not boot up. It was my motherboard that was bad, so at least I didn't lose anything. But I was without a computer for 2 weeks and had to work off a laptop. Oh I take that back, I did lose some things, but luckily I had saved other copies on the network so I could recreate the documents.

Tonight is swim class for the girls. Kate loves the water and is like a little fish. Emma on the other hand, doesn't like listening to her teacher lately. Her next session she will be solo, without a parent in the water, so she better start shaping up. Ahhhh, 3 year olds!!! She loves the water too tho and even jumps in, with me catching her. Tho I make sure she goes under the water!

OK, back to work. I have lunch soon, which is good because I am hungry. I have been working on no snacks for the last couple of weeks and I am doing very well. Most days I am so busy that I don't snack in the morning or afternoon. Some days I suck on hard candy or chew gum, or sometimes have low fat popcorn. I decided that cutting snacks is a good first step for me, along with more exercise.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:06 PM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Angie!

Jess - I've actually been trying to track down people too. Haven't seen Becky or Rina in a long while. I heard from Kim - she has't been around because of work but is mostly fine. I can't reach Jayne though. I'm a little worried about her. Let me know if you hear from her. I thought the baby wasn't due until April.

KT - Compliments are such a boost. I'm sure yours are well deserved. I think buying clothes to compliment your body is a great idea. I always FEEL better in that scenario even if I don't really LOOK better.

JenL - Bravo on cutting snacks. That's amazing. I don't think I could do that.

For some reason my alarm didn't go off this morning so I missed my morning work-out. Managed to get to work on time but it has been crazy busy so I'm not sure if I'll make circuit training this afternoon or not. I sure hope so. I hate it when work screws with my fitness regime!
Old 01-28-2004, 12:12 PM   #8  
Divine Gal

Someone please take winter away not the person just the season.We have 2 1/2 feet of snow on the ground and more just keeps falling
Old 01-28-2004, 12:27 PM   #9  

Hey girls,

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well for hump day - Jess, so surprised you didn't work that into the thread title somehow!! And about South Beach, yes it is low carb. However, only the first 2 weeks are really restrictive, but they encourage you to eat lots of veggies - salads, broccoli, etc, etc, and they encourage you to eat beans so that you still get plenty of fiber. Then on phase 2 you slowly add in fruit and whole grains up to the point where you are still losing weight. There are no set values, which throws me a little, but it is generally just a very sensible plan, avoiding pretty much all sugar except that natuarally occuring in fruit. I am now however trying to eat up all my carbs before I start, which isn't doing my body too good! I also know I will be cheating with beer, because I am not going to give up my social life for a diet. There has to be balance.

Anyway, Laura, I've read a few books by David Baldacci, and all have been good. Can't remember the titles right now though. I also love James Patterson, Jon Sanford, and Patricia Cornwell. All murder mystery/suspense types.

KT, that was definitely a victory, congrats!

Angie, hope your computer problems work themselves out

Jen, good luck with cutting out the snacks. That's where I get in big trouble too.

Lynnie, I'm sick of the snow too!! So ready for spring.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:31 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I vote for taking Winter away too
Sorry for Being MIA. . .I am trying to correct that one at the Mo I'm trapped in the apt at least till 1"20 when a friend is coming to take me too the bank Getting my scooter stuck in Snow NO FUN
Laura thanks for the PM I'm going to email Jayne tonight and see whats going on with her I also Think I'm going to restart WW tommorrow with my friend and her mom
OH! before I forget
my new favorite breakfast thats pretty darn satiating Organic oatmeal mine had dates and walnuts with a tbsp of vanilla protien powder and a packet of splenda usually I'm ravenous 2 hours after eating oatmeal and yet my tummys still full
As for the house hunting ugh! we decided to wait a year or 2 on the house b/c with the mortgage we're qualified for we'd be $2500 in the hole every month before bills and food thats no way to start off we found a cute 2 bedroom apartment in DF's complex only problem is the old bag who lives next door doesn't want any ramps (for my scooter) Mind you I think she doesnt want young people anywho. We're contacting the fair housing act ppl I will bbiab
Old 01-28-2004, 12:39 PM   #11  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

KT - That's great that you're getting compliments! I've found it really does make a difference as far as motivation. Show off that body - you've worked hard for it!!!

Jen - That's great that you're cutting out snacks .... I need to make some kind of goal of cutting out nighttime snacks too .... that's what has been kicking my butt lately!

Lynnie - 2 1/2 feet of snow!? You've got my sympathies .... at least it's not ice though!

Hey Laura - you amaze me how you can exercise as much as you do - I'm sure one day won't completely blow your routine

On the computer front ... doesn't sound good from what I'm hearing & researching ... I'll have to spend some time with it tonight, unplugging & re-plugging. Until then .... I'm surfing the internet for a new one Good excuse for buying a laptop instead of the desktop that's I've got ... I've had mine for 4 years, so it's about time, right?
Old 01-28-2004, 03:45 PM   #12  
One Sick Puppy

Wink Popping Back In...

Hello, again!! I'm happy that the thread got busy--for awhile I thought I was going to be the only one posting today.

Angie--Yikes about the beeping computer. My old roommate had that happen with her computer and it was the motherboard. Luckily, I worked at a place that did computer repairs and we got it fixed for free. I think this definitely sounds like a good excuse to get a new computer, if that's what you want to do. I have an eMachines that seems to be pretty good (only had it for a year). And Gateway and Dell always have some pretty good specials, it seems.

KT--YES!! Definitely buy plenty of new clothes, show off, and rake in the compliments! It helps so much to keep you motivated, plus it's really nice to feel good about yourself. Have fun at volleyball tonight! (I wish I had your nerve--I'm too scared to do anything like that).

Jen--That's great that your kiddos are little fishes. I used to be a little fish and I remember how much fun I used to have at the pool in the summer. I think little fishes have more fun!!

Laura--I hope everything is OK with Jayne, Becky and Rina, too. Hopefully everything is OK on the baby front with Jayne. I do worry about her. Did you make it to circuit training today? I'm going to go to the Y after work and do some walking , Pilates, and weights . I'm a little bit scared because I usually go with a friend and she's not sure if she's going or not. I hope I can handle it by myself.

Lynnie--I know how you feel--we have tons of snow here in Nebraska too. And we're supposed to get more, according to weather reports.

Lexxy--South Beach sounds like something that a person can live with. I think that's always important if you plan to keep the weight off. It sounds sensible. If I ever get tired of WW, I'll have to try that. Don't you just love Patricia Cornwell? I'm reading Point of Origin and I really can't stand Lucy. She used to so cute and nice, but she's kind of a b!#^% now. What's her problem?

Kier--Glad to see you back, doll!! Sounds like things are going well for you, I'm so glad to hear it. Stop in again soon!! And I hope that crazy old grouch by the apartment by the one you liked gets evicted for being such a grump.

OK, I better get some more work done. See ya!!
Closed Thread