Carb Counters - Tuesday Chat - Jan. 27

View Full Version : Tuesday Chat - Jan. 27

Tummy Girl
01-27-2004, 07:42 AM
Morning all! Still snowing up around these parts but the one fabulous thing about that is I love winter clothers, the long jackets, the scarves, the sweaters, I think it's a hold over from my super fatty days when I liked to hide!

Ty Kim in NJ for the kind words, I'm glad I can be of any kind of help no matter how small :) After all there are so many people here who have inspired me over that last 6 months, I should be paying a royalty on each pound, God knows. It's kinda cool but I actually can look at the pictures now and they keep me on track, I still don't feel thinner, my brain hasn't caught up to my body yet so it's a nice reminder. I even went into a plus size store to buy a 3X until the lady behind the counter said, "Hun, these will never fit you, how about trying the regular store across the mall" No kidding, I actually went on autopilot to buy the old size. It's funny how things change but things stay the same.

Tummy

Spedmom
01-27-2004, 07:49 AM
Mornin All:

Tummy girl: We must BOTH have excellent style, grace and taste -- picking the same avatar!!! (Actually, my dd thinks that little guy actually looks like me! Maybe it's time I clean the mirror, huh?) Thanks so much for providing those ratios for me yesterday. Looking at my log in FitDay I can see now why my weight is coming off. I was actually WAY too low in the fat department before the past week.

Well all, nothing much of news to report today. I've been getting sneaky in my weight loss endeavors, however. I added an extra daily section of physical ed to my classroom's schedule! The special ed kids love it, and it's so good for their gross motor skill. And....it's really great for that "gross fat" around my middle. Ha!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Leenie
01-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Good BURRRRR Morning Everyone,

Today is my 14th wedding anniversary :D Its funny because when we got married it was around 50 degrees out, I remember the girls sweating in their dresses. Today its 15 degrees out and we are expecting tonight 2" of snow an hour :hyper:

I did really good w/my eating yesterday, did good w/the carbs and sat fats so I'm a happy camper.

How's your day going ?

fullfig
01-27-2004, 08:36 AM
howdy, tummy, spedmom, and all to come. good idea, sped. i've just been doing projects around the house today. i'm having to get creative with storage, as this apartment has very little. so, nothing special happening here. it is snowing again. it is so pretty to look at, but does throw kinks in transportation. suppose i'd better get off shortly and figure out what to fix for supper in the next hour. have a great day, chickadees!

fullfig
01-27-2004, 08:37 AM
happy anniversary, leens! we must have been posting at the same time.

lady_adnerb
01-27-2004, 08:39 AM
Tummy---I've always worn bigger shirts than I needed to because I liked to hide. I'm not sure I could ever go with a smaller size (um--we won't mention the boobs haven't shrunk and I don't exactly want to announce to the world that "here they are"). lol

Spedmom--sounds like a great way to keep all of you occupied. I should try putting in a little extra workout. Maybe that would help me lose a little faster.

Leens--happy anniversary!! Hope it's a great one :) Congrats on staying on track

Fullfig---Have a great night(?) and enjoy supper :)

Me--I've GOT to get rid of this chocolate craving. It's fine during the day but sneaks up about 1/2 hour before bedtime. I made the chocolate mousse thing last night and behaved and only had like less than a tsp full. Do I get brownie points for that?? lol. Better than an Advantage bar right?
We didn't get the snowstorm we were supposed to so the girls have school. They were so bummed out. But I'm getting pretty sick of snow---but it's in our forecast ALL week. UGH!

Hope you all have a great day :)

Shimma
01-27-2004, 08:39 AM
Hiya all,
It took me twice as long to get to work today.... the roads are terrible. And it's supposed to keep snowing so I can only imagine what my trek to class tonight is going to be like. Ugh. Woke up feeling great but now I have a headache from trying to stay on the road. I wish they would have called off school today so I wouldn't have had to come in.....
My sister starts Atkins today. I took some time this morning to start cleaning out the kitchen of all the carb loaded items. Yay!!!! This is going to be MUCH easier with the both of us on it and her not munching on those snicker bites!

nutski
01-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Good morning everyone! It is a beautiful snowy day here this morning! :dizzy: My kids were hoping for a snow day, since it seems like it never stops snowing. But, that didn't happen! :( They are predicting another 4-8 inches today. It would be great for sledding if it wasn't so darn windy. I threw two of my kids coats in the dryer this morning, since they were still damp from last night. Big mistake, the dryer caught fire, and the two coats are all melted together! My daughter had an extra coat, my oldest son didn't. He wore a kind of warm coat, and I just let his teacher know, so she will keep him in for recess. Looks like we're dryer shopping this weekend, and new coats tonight. Hopefully that'll be the end of the excitement for today. The house is clean, obviously can't do laundry, I'm going to spend some time on the computer, exercise, and maybe clean my craft/exercise/junk room. Stay warm everyone, and keep drinking the water!

Shimma be careful driving tonight, maybe your class will be cancelled. I know the roads here are terrible.

Lady_adnerb, good way to handle the chocolate craving, hope its gone today. It is still snowing here too, can I ask where in Wisconsin you are? Maybe were close by.

Fullfig, hope you have a great day, and fix something wonderful for dinner tonight!

Happy Anniversary Leens!! :cheers:

Spedmom, way to go on getting in the extra exercise! I have two nephews in special ed, and they love to exercise, plus it helps to get rid of some of their extra energy. Hope it works for your students too. ;)

Tummy girl, what a wonderful thing to be told you need to go to a "regular" store to buy your clothes! I can't wait until someone can tell me that! Enjoy shopping!

jdoggmartin
01-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Tummygirl: Great story and what a great feeling!

Sped: Like your way of sneaking exercise in.

Leens: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Fullfig: Hi! It's good to see you!

Lady: Great job on only having a teaspoon of mousse. Definite brownie points! (No brownie -- just the points. :D )

Shimma: Be careful driving!

Nutski: Wow! You had quite the excitement this morning.

Well, I weighed-in last night, and it wasn't pretty. I gained A LOT. I was expecting a little gain. I didn't know it was humanly possible to gain as much weight as I did! Apparently, it is. Anyway, I've found my motivation now, and I'm ready to get back to it. Lord knows I need to!

Does anyone have any type of dance-workout video? I know some people have the belly dancing and salsa. Does anyone have any hip-hop dance-type workouts? I was thinking that would be fun to do.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Take care,
Jina

jane8760
01-27-2004, 09:39 AM
Good morning all. Let's hear it for a cheat free day yesterday! :encore:
Now let's get through today!

Anyone have any idea how much carbs would be in Szecheun (sp) Chicken? It is all white meat chicken and only a few peanuts.....leftovers. That is lunch today. Yesterday I was so well behaved. I was determined to not have anything sweet. I don't know what was up with that craving. I never crave sweets. I even measured out my wine so I wouldn't go over. All in all a good day.
Although when I weighed myself this morning it wasn't pretty. I keep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds. As long as they are gone by the end of this week then I will be happy.....and not gain them back of course. Be strong Jane.............

It is very cold here and we are going to get a big snow storm I guess. The Cape and the Islands are actually going to get more than us for a change. We are only expected to get 4-10....BIG GAP. I hope they delay work tomorrow morning because it isn't supposed to start until 2am.

nutski: Sorry about the dryer and the melting coats. Just when you think you are ahead something like that happens. What kind of crafts do you do...I am a craft finatic! I am really into scrapbooking.

Shimma: It will definitely help having someone doing this with you. You can help keep each other on track. Be careful driving home.

lady_adnerb: Brownie points...did you mention brownies :s: I too am having sweet cravings lately. I will have to try the whipped cream, instant pudding trick. How many carbs?

fullfig: Just curious....what is the weather usually like over there? Similar to yours at home?

Leens: Happy Anniversary! :hat: Hope you have a wonderful day.

Spedmom: Good idea on the PE. It will help them and you at the same time. I wish I could add some into my work day....other than the occasional trip to the ladies room which is about a mile away :lol:

Tummy Girl: Loved your web site too.....it really is nice to see the befores and afters. It helps me keep my determination.

Have wonderful day. Will check in later.

Shimma
01-27-2004, 10:09 AM
I've been weighing myself almost daily (ok ok ok, daily) since I started Atkins and I came to the realization last night that I need to lay off on that. Maybe go to once or twice a week. Once officially and once just to sneak a peek or something. I'm not someone who obsesses over my weight usually and the past week I've been in this "must lose weight, must weigh myself, must be lighter" mentality ever since I started...... probably not very healthy, not to mention I REALIZE my weight will fluctuate slightly... I'm just being a bonehead or something. Did anyone else experience this?

jane8760
01-27-2004, 10:21 AM
Shimma: I tend to get on the scale more than I should. My personal weigh in day is on Friday but I always hop on a couple of times during the week to see if I am headed in the right direction. I am less obsessed with my weight with this woe than I used to be on weight watchers etc.
I wish I was a faster loser than I am but still it is coming off slowly but surely.

lixue
01-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Good morning everyone :)
Very cold here today too, it was hailing while i was walking to my 8am class. ouch :stress:
i got the job at pizza hut :cb: I'm only going to be working 15 hrs a week, but with school and karate and going to the gym and everything else, that should be more than enough.I start tomorrow, so I hope it goes all right. I have my first DJ show tonight, I'm excited, I hope I dont forget how to run the operating board thing, lol. my friend is doing the show with me, so I'm sure we'll be ok. :s:

Tummy~ I wish someone would tell me to shop in the regular stores :lol: soon enough, I hope. Great job though, it must have been a real pick me up.

Sped~ way to go on the extra exercise! I'm sure the kids will love it too :)

Fullfig~ I hope you have a great dinner

Leens~ Happy Anniversary! I hope it's a great day for both of you. Celebrate well! :gift:

Lady Abnerb~ I know what you mean about the chocolate cravings. Ugh, they're so horrid. Great job on resisting though!

Shimma~ That's great that you're sister is going to do Atkins with you, I know how hard it is when you're trying to stick to plan while other ppl around you are eating what you cant (and want ;) ) to eat. I know wat you mean about the weighing thing too, I weighed myself alot the first week. Not so much now though, guess I just forget to.

Nutski~ Sorry about your dryer and your kid's jackets! It sucks when things happen like that unexpectedly. Hope getting the new dryer works out well.

Jdoggmartin~ everyone falls off sometimes, trick is to just keep going. Glad you're going to stick with it though!

Jane~ yay for cheat free days!! :bravo:

StarPrincess
01-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Good morning!

Happy Anniversary, Leens!!!! :cheers:

Tummy - Great story! That had to feel pretty awesome!

Spedmom - I love the extra exercise idea! Not only is it beneficial for you, but you're teaching those kids good habits, too!

Jina - What a creative way to find your motivation! ;) Seriously, you'll make it! You're the exercise diva and always an inspiration!

Lixue - Congrats on the new job!!! :cheer:

Jane, Nutski, Shimma, Brenda - be safe in all that snow!

My internet browser at home is mysteriously broken so I'm experiencing some 3FC withdrawls in the evening. I have a couple of back to back meetings today and am dying to get some exercise. I haven't done my pilates in almost a week! :eek:

Yesterday was strange for me. By the time I left work I was feeling so run down and a little achy - almost like I was starting a flu relapse. Then it occured to me that it was 2:30 in the afternoon and all I'd had to eat was an ounce of cheese and 3 sausage links. Duh!!! So I had some lc pizza, broccoli slaw, and a nap and then I felt much better.

I hardly ever feel hunger like I used to so I'm going to have to be good about paying attention to my watch from now on.

Shimma
01-27-2004, 11:39 AM
wow Star... how long did it take before you started to not feel hunger???? That will be something I look forward to!!!! Sorry your browser is messing up at home.

StarPrincess
01-27-2004, 11:52 AM
It didn't take long. For the first 3 or 4 days I was constantly eating. It wasn't hunger - it was that withdrawl/dissatisfaction thing. I think I lost hunger/craving feelings after a couple of weeks. Maybe 3. TOM is the only time I get really hungry now and I only have that every 3 months. :D

Shimma
01-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Thank you very much.... it's nice to hear what might happen and it gives me a big something to look forward to. Are you on birth control? And you only have it every 3 months?????????????????????? Details!!!!

StarPrincess
01-27-2004, 12:30 PM
I use the patch and instead of taking a week "off" every 3 weeks, I just keep going for 3 months and then take a week off. It works the same way with the pill. Instead of taking your 'blank' week, just throw it out and start another pack immediately. My doctor actually recommended it. I have lighter periods now and much less cramping. (Atkins seems to have done wonders for my PMS)

Kim in NJ
01-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Happy Anniversary Leens!!! - Way to go - 14 years!!!
My prayers are with you and dh for another 14 years of fun!

Jina - I heard something amazing here at work the other day. One of the women bought her teenage daughter a Play Station game called "DDR" - It's Dance Dance Revolution - she says the kids do it on the boardwalk in the summer but I've never seen it. It comes with a mat that you put on the floor and hook to you Play Station II game and TV. It simulates hip hop moves and you need to be quick and do the same steps on the mat. The machine beeps or something if you are wrong - but otherwise the music plays on and you end up learning new dance moves. Her dd (not overweight at all - typical 14 year old with a little bit of puberty weight) has lost 8 lbs since XMAS. Eating like a pig because she is getting such a workout from this game. She said her dd does it each night for about an hour or so and loves it! Sounds like a fun way to get exercise in! Glad you are back in the swing of things....I'm finally back into ketosis as of yesterday and glad to be re-focused.
Kim

StarPrincess
01-27-2004, 01:00 PM
That does sound like fun! We used to have a nintendo when we were kids and there was a track and field-type game where you'd run in place and jump on this pad. It was a workout!

Thanks, Kim! I'd forgotten all about those! And playing is always better than working! ;)

Kim in NJ
01-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Oh and by the way Star - Forgot to tell you that I think you are not getting your Police job because "look at you"!!!!! I think they fear the other men cops would not be able to do their jobs with you nearby....they would lose focus altogether!!! Their lack of concentration could be detrimental to the force. There's probably nothing in your background....it's just your backside! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shimma
01-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Ok, just checked out fitday that' everyone's been talking about.... and I really really like it. It takes all the work out of keeping track of what I've eaten and what ratios and... everything. Yeeehaw!
My professor just called and my class tonight is cancelled!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeee. Now all they gotta do is call the high school off early and I won't know what to do with all this time. (work out?) :D

Ima go do some walking... fitday also pointed out to me that I burn no calories just sitting here. Dang, eh?

angel-eyes
01-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Happy Anniversary Leens!!! wow, 14 years. Hope you have a special day planned for hubby and you. ENJOY!!!

Another day of sleet planned for the Carolinas, so no school today again. Actually the roads are starting to melt and thaw. We were just outside sledding and if you are not careful.....a possible soaking could end it for you!! Eating has been really good for today and yesterday. Did anyone read my post about that appetizer my neighbour made? gosh it was good!! and so easy.....a bar of cream cheese. pour seafood sauce over it (or low carb spag. sauce with horseradish) then top it off with a can of lump crabmeat. She served it with crackers but then also brought a plate of sliced pepperoni. It was sooo good, and very little carbs if you didn't have too much sauce with it. Just wanted to write it again for you in case you missed it yesterday.
With regards to eating without being hungry.....it has taken me awhile not to watch the clock and just sit down to eat just because it was noon. I am now listening to my body and often don't eat lunch until 2:30 when the boys are home from school and they are ready for a snack. YEAH!!! I just realized how good that sounds.....that I'm not ruled by the darn clock!!!

nutski
01-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Star--I just want to say how wonderful it must be to skip meals. I sure hope that I can get to that point sometime in the future. Lately it seems I'm looking for food in the house, and then I can find nothing that I want, so I don't snack. There is food, not just any carby snacks like I used to eat. ;) You understand. I hope you get your internet up and running soon. I have withdrawals at night too, but only because the DH and three kids are on the puter.

Shimma--I'm so glad your classes were cancelled! I'm not that far from you, maybe an hour, and the roads here are terrible. We were sure hoping for a snow day here, but no luck! They never cancel school here. :(

Jane8760--I love to do crafts too! I've done a little bit of scrapbooking, but I'm not addicted...yet. LOL I think I'm afraid to spend more money than I already do on more stuff! Lately I've really been doing a lot of painting. Like the tole and decorative painting. I also like woodworking and power tools! I haven't made any big woodworking projects yet, but I will soon. I also like to sew, but haven't done much lately. It seems that I only sew something when it absolutely needs to be done, or a friend needs new curtains. What crafts do you work on besides scrapbooking?

StarPrincess
01-27-2004, 01:38 PM
Kim!!! :rofl: You are too cute! I actually though that it could be my weight. As far as they know, I still weigh 185. ;)

AE - I watch the clock now, but to make sure I eat as opposed to the former 'when can I eat?' What a change!

Nutski - Actually, I hate it! When I miss meals, my metabolism slows down and so does my weight loss. Remember, we're supposed to eat at least every 6 'conscious' hours. Sleep time doesn't count. ;)

jane8760
01-27-2004, 01:54 PM
nutski: Where to begin.........I started sewing when I was 10 years old in 4H and it was all downhill :lol: from there! I was taught not only how to sew but how to do many different kinds of needlework and misc crafts. I started quilting in my 20's and haven't stopped since. I tend to make smaller wall quilts because I lose my patience and also I am not into country styles so I can't see one on my bed or anything. I make a lot of baby quilts or if it is for me it is kind of contemporary looking so that it will go with the rest of my house.
When we moved into our condo my dh built me a room in our basement room. It is lined with cabinets upper and lower on one side, my sewing table that I built years ago on the other with my Viking and my new serger (that was a treat to myself this year). We are in the process of building a new work desk for me on the other wall so that I have someplace to sit and work on my scrapbooking and card making. I have a bookcase that I built many years ago that we are going to revamp and have a laminate top made for. I started scrapbooking about 2-3 years ago. What an addiction. And yes it can be costly if you get carried away.
One of the girls I work with started selling Stampin Up rubber stamps and THAT has cost me a fortune....but I love it. I even made my Christmas cards this year. Everyone seemed to like them. I also just found a company in NM called brassworksembossing that sells the brass embossing templates. I have already ordered 5 and have another order for another 5 coming soon....with more paper! I am addicted to paper. Good thing I am married to a printer. My dh gets me my cardstock.

I used to do some woodworking when I lived at home...my dad had a great table saw. I don't have the space to do it now that I am in the condo. The garage is too narrow to work in. I do some refinishing if I find a piece now and again.

I haven't done much tole painting but I am going to get together with a couple of friends in a week or so to teach them the Donna Dewberry One Stroke painting technique. They want to learn and since I have the book and the space we are getting together at my house. Should be fun.

Phew! That went on forever......my dh says I have TOO many hobbies. Maybe he is right. He just put a tv and cable in my sewing room so now I can go down there each night while he watches the news or whatever and I can watch HGTV or TLC to my hearts content! He'll miss me I know :D

Leenie
01-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the nice wishes everyone :D

I know I don't read up alot but does anyone know where Karen is ? I haven't seen her pretty face lately and am worried.

jane8760
01-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Haven't seen her....was wondering the same thing myself.

Sonnet
01-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Happy Anniversary Leens! And many more!!!

I made a 2 mile post yesterday and dh had to wait for me to get going to get on the road. So I've read all the posts today and will say a big HI to all at once so I don't make him late today. LOL

Star, Lekkar, and all, Thanks for the welcome back.

I did a perfect 20 low carb yesterday and will again today--the first time since New Years and it's because I'm here with all this support. I tried the Subway Atkins friendly chicken bacon wrap (8carbs). It was very good for fast food, only next time I'll hold the onions. I hate having onion breath. lol I treated myself to Macadamias and one small frozen strawberry when I got home to stay away from chocolate, potato chips and my other garbage. I felt so good this morning, so I didn't weigh in (TOM would have not been kind on the scales.) And I felt so good and a little lighter in the thighs, so I grabbed the umbrella and ran out to the road in my little black Tee shirt and leggins to get the newspaper...No bulky coat to hide me today! I feel light and bouncy in my mind anyway, so I'll give myself an A+ in LIGHT HAPPY ATTITUDE.
Now I have focus to join up with a challenge or two again and to get on with this loss. Thanks all! HAVE A GREAT DAY!

StarPrincess
01-27-2004, 02:52 PM
I forgot whoever asked the ratio question, but I do remember that Tummy answered it. Thanks, Tummy! I finally went to fitday today and logged food and activity for the first time. I usually just use it to look up nutritional values. So based on what I've eaten and am planning to eat today (I'm sure it will change) I'm at 1200 calories with 79% fat, 19% protein, and 2% carbs. Very interesting! It will be cool to see what I do day to day. It's just such a pain to enter all the stuff. Especially since I make most everything from scratch!

jane8760
01-27-2004, 03:16 PM
StarPrincess: If you don't mind paying a few bucks download the personal version. You can add recipes to that one.
And use the favorites....I do and it makes it so much easier to log in a day.

lady_adnerb
01-27-2004, 03:29 PM
lady_adnerb: Brownie points...did you mention brownies :s: I too am having sweet cravings lately. I will have to try the whipped cream, instant pudding trick. How many carbs?

I used whipped cream, nestles cocoa, 2 pkg (i think) of splenda and a dip of vanilla. I'm not sure what the count on that would be. The splenda and cocoa are the only thing w/carbs..so if you ate the whole concoction I'm figuring it'd be about 3-4 carbs. Unless I miscounted. The heavy cream I bought had no carbs listed. And I don't know what vanilla has in it (didn't say on my bottle) either. I was guessing because of the 2 Pkg of splenda (1 g each) and the little bit of cocoa (i counted it at least 1-2 just to be sure). But if you don't eat much of the concoction I'm not sure if it even registers as one?

angel-eyes
01-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Jane ...you and me girl!! In November I went to my first Stampin Up party and just loved it. I too bought stamps (way more than I should have) and made all my own christmas cards. They turned out really well, even if I do say so myself. Dh came home and took a look at how much I spent and said....okay, if you really like it!!! haha, its only money right? I've also been sewing since I was in gr. 7. I don't make my own clothes any more but when it comes time for curtains, duvet covers or just plain mending or in case of last week.....TAKING MY PANTS IN..... I find sewing quick and easy. I wish I could continue with my knitting but my wrists are just too weak from carpal tunnel. Even though I've had surgery on my right hand, I wouldn't be able to knit like I used to. I have boxes and boxes of wool and yarn from when I worked at a yarn store. *sigh* maybe one day!!

Shimma
01-27-2004, 03:30 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds sooooo yummy.

jane8760
01-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Angel Eyes: It's nice to know I'm not the only one! :lol: When my dh was installing cable for me I had to empty the lower cabinets in my room and in one was this HUGE bin of yarn, single skeins, multi skeins, you name it! What the heck am I going to do with that stuff. BUT God forbid I get rid of it. I always say "she who dies with the most "stuff" wins!"

lady_adnerb: Thanks for the recipe. I will have to try that. I think some folks on here use SF Jell-O Pudding mix with the cream also. Sounds like a plan.

lady_adnerb
01-27-2004, 03:36 PM
I just put stuff in until I thought it tasted good. You might want to try that plan also :) OH!!! and I can't take credit for this idea. I don't remember who it was---but someone on here had told me about this. So they deserve the credit (and thank you if I could remember who it was! lol)

lady_adnerb
01-27-2004, 03:41 PM
I looked...and I think it was RobinH

Lekker
01-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone!

Wow, such a busy day today. I'm back from work, so finally I have a chance to pop in.

Happy Anniversary, Leens!

Kim: A few of my friends in undergrad were obsessed with DDR! I'm sure the people that lived in the apartment below them were impressed. :)

All this talk about sewing and crafts reminds me of how woefully inadequate I am at those tasks. In high school we had to have at least one credit in a 'home ec' type course (sewing, cooking, parenting, etc.)...for some reason, they allowed an advanced history or social science course to be equivalent to a home ec course, so I took 20th century history to avoid those other subjects! :) (I was such a geek though, I filled in all my elective spots with math classes and thought that was fun!) This explains why I hardly can sew a button! You'd think I'd like sewing and crafts, seeing as I do like to work with my hands, but I guess more in a carpentry/tool sense. I'd love to learn more about carpentry - just like those guys on Trading Spaces and While You Were Out. :)

I guess in some sense we were lucky up here in Montreal, as we didn't get any snow or hail or freezing rain (hopefully I'm not speaking too soon!)...it's still painfully cold, but at least it's clear for driving. But NO good songs to sing along with on the drive home...argh...that turns happy Julie into a less-pleasant version of Julie. ;) Do radio announcers really think that I turn the radio on to hear them talk??

Fullfig, I was also wondering about the climate there ... I didn't think that it got quite so cold there that you would get snow. Hmm...maybe I should pull out my atlas.

Alrighty, maybe I'll pop in later....have a good evening, all!

Froufy
01-27-2004, 09:25 PM
Here I am - feeling very blah and depressed - sorry I have not posted in a
few days....sounds like everyone is doing pretty good!

Special anniversary wishes to Leenie! Hope your day is grand and you celebrate in style!

That Dance Revolution things sounds great - may get it for my dd - she is a "dancer" (tap, jazz and has taken hip hop)...just hope it's advanced enuf for her - she could use a little more exercise (of course this would mean we lose some family room time if she takes over.... :lol: )

Jina - let me know if you find any other dance like exercise videos.

Lady - fyi - the cream does have carbs even if none are listed on the package. You should check on fitday depending on type you use - I believe one cup of heavy whipped cream is about 6 carbs?

Ratios question: according to my info the ratios to strive for are 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs - I sometimes get "skewed"....and end up with higher fat ratio - but I find I lose best if I stick to the "right numbers"!

Speaking of which - I am doing really poorly!!! :?: I have been steadily gaining weight and it is so depressing...I am actually 6 lbs more than last week - how the heck did that happen? Well, there were a few indiscretions here and there...but my hormones are definitely involved....got my pseudo-period again - early...like last month. A few days before finishing pack of bc pills, have some spotting, very light stuff happening...last month this lasted only 2 days....and I never actually got my period. Looks like a repeat this month? Altho will have to wait and see.

I do feel like I usually do when I get my period (which may explain
Sunday's feeding frenzy)....and today feeling lethargic, tired, bloated and
depressed. The only good news is I seem to have no appetite (also happens
when I first get my period). Forcing myself to eat and drink water tho but
I honestly have not been hungry today yet! No plans for dinner, but I will
eat something anyways. Also trying to drink more water but already
bloated. Wearing loose clothes today!

Went to a surprise birthday dinner last night - for my best girlfriend. It
was at an Indian restaurant - she was so surprised - mostly at her dh as
she was amazed he could even plan something like this ...there were about
six couples there. We had the buffet - I tried to stay away from the
rice/potato dishes...but could not resist a piece of warm naan bread...and
I did try the dessert - some cakey ball thing in sweet syrup - pretty good
actually.

She already knew what her present was - 2 tickets to the upcoming Nylons
concert (my son and I are also going on Feb 4th)...very excited as we are
all great Nylons fans (for those who don't know - this is actually a
canadian group, who do FABULOUS acapella singing - from oldies to
originals). We have front row seats and last year one of the guys
basically serenaded by girlfriend from the edge of the stage - very
exciting for us "old, married" girls. My son (now 17) has been a fan of
theirs since age 6 (believe it or not)...and we actually have pics of him
with the group (only 2 of the original members still in it) as we were able
to go backstage and meet them and get autographs. I am going to see if ds
can dig up pic and maybe bring it with us - maybe flap it around and see if
they'll notice!

Other exciting news is a local store (fruit/veggie/meats/deli, etc - but not a big name supermarket) was advertising on the radio today - they have an in-store bakery and have just introduced LOW CARB BREAD AND ROLLS! Other drivers must have thought I was a crazy smiling lady as I drove to work. So on way home had to pick up a few things and got the bread: they have two flavors: multi grain and "everything"....about $3.99 a loaf (they were out of the rolls!)...not bad...altho the everything flavor is a bit different tasting (will have to try the multi grain)..it logs in at 9.7 carbs for 2 slices with 2.3 fibre grams for a total of 7.4 for two slices - pretty darn good if you ask me! This makes for better choices and not having to hunt around for that other brand that I've been using (very hard to find!).

For all those snowed in - looks like we're on the path as well - big storm predicted in southwestern Ontario - and here in Ottawa expecting lots of snow tonight altho we are on the edge of the storm - I so DO NOT LOOK forward to digging myself out tomorrow - only good thing is the indoor parking at work.

.....which is NOT going well by the way - i am still pretty overwhelmed and confused as to what I'm doing and what is going on - the worse is my director who keeps telling everyone at these meetings that I am a planning expert! What's with that? Will have to straighten him out - I am not a planning expert (nor do I want to be???).....never done it before - all I have going for me is my MBA and some brain power - that's about it!

Tomorrow 9am is appt to get dd's braces on - have stocked up on some "soft" foods for her - and will get her to take some painkillers before we go...should take a couple of hours (I have brought reading from work)...then hope to get her to school as I have meetings at work in the pm (still fooling them I guess?)

Lekker - I'm with you in the "crafts" department - I am not at all crafty (altho i did do some t-shirt painting when kiddies were smaller)....I am the ultimate consumer. We also had to do a home ec thing - i think I actually made a real apron (how domestic is that)...blue checked gingham if I remember correctly. Only confirmed my feelings (at age 13) that a fashion designer I was not! :lol: :dizzy:

That's it for me - it is freezing here in my bedroom - especially near the computer - need to jump under the duvet and warm up.

nitey nite!

Froufy:)

Theo'sgirl
01-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Good evening chickies!!!

Just dropping by to say HEY Girl!
I went on my ride along with the installer today and it was fun but tiring, and COLD, Standing outside all day in the rain, plus I need a coat so I was only wearing a sweatshirt, then we wer poking aroung and apt. building and a bird bath spilled on me!! AAAHHHH, i had to sit by the heater in the van to dry off! But all in all I learned alot and it was fun to see the cable actually get hooked up and meet the customers, they were all really nice.

LEEENIE!!!! Happy anniversary!

Star: I just read the old posts...no i haven;t been to Uncle *****y's uh I mean Butchy's yet, we really should get all of us NW people and meet and go! that would be fun. We got alot of PDX and SW people here and don't we have a Vancouver too??

To all the other gals, so great to read your posts and see everyone so happy !!!

Time for food log then BED! I deserve it today!

Khem
01-28-2004, 12:44 AM
hi everyone!

I always seem to catch the end of the day's posts since I post at night...

So my first day in OWL and I find myself stuck waiting for a meeting and dying of hunger....so I got an atkins bar, I admit it. It was actually good (It was advantage chocolate coconut) and I didn't get my usual "I must eat 10 more" respose like I do from normal sweets, which is good. I still hated eating it, since I think it's overmarketed garbage food :P Ah well, I guess now I've tried it, and that's over with. I did a ketostix when I got home and I'm still darkest purple, so the little ******* atkin bar didn't throw me out, thank god.