South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 12:58 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 8"

Default To measure or not to measure....

that is the question.....

I am starting Phase 2 today. So now do I need to start paying more attention to my portion sizes??? For instance, I have the little Good Fats Good Carbs Guide and it lists everything in portions....like Oatmeal 1/2 a cup, Strawberries 1 cup, etc....

In Phase 1 I measured nothing and that was the beauty of the plan for me...now going into Phase 2, should I be more conscious of this???

Thanks!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 01:01 PM   #2  

I do just because I feel like when I add a carb back that is also adding more calories. I just dont want to feel like I'm going overboard, etc so by watching my portion sizes I can eat about the same amount as on phase 1 but also add the carbs back in. I have no idea if that made any sense whatsoever!!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 02:42 PM   #3  

I cannot measure - it makes me crazy. This diet worked so well for me for 6 mos. - starting back at phase 1 today b/c of holiday eat-a-thon. But I never measured. Does that mean I didn't pay attention to portions? Definitely not. For example, I'd have to measure my dry oats in order to cook it right - I always keep a 1/3 C scoop in the bag and cooked that with 2/3 cup of skim. But dry cereal I eyeball and most things I just would just try to eat a reasonable portion. You know? It was a head trip really - I never just ate everything I wanted but didn't put pressure on measuring. That's why I am a WW dropout.
Closed Thread