Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 11:54 AM   #1  

Question What do you guys think about Whey Protein Powder?

So I was in borders enjoying my Cape of Good hope Madigasgar Red tea - FAB!!!!

And picked up a few books to read. Low carb eating, and of course found that this really didn't restrict fat at all but I got a few good ideas and thought that you guys would be intrested.

A few of the baked goods (cheese cake, pb balls, and others that I couldn't get written down) included an ingrediant called Vanilla Flavored Whey Protein Powder.

No specifics on brands or whatever, but I went to Trader Joes and checked out their selection. Of course a huge range of products some with <1 gram of carbs (not ingreds that seemed bad) and some that had tons.

So - has anyone used this product. I snagged the low carb version, and hope to try at least one of the recipes soon.

If anyone has any feedback let me know- otherwise I'll post the recipes.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:10 PM   #2  

I use ON's (Optimum Nutrition) 100% whey protein. It has 110 calories per serving, only 2 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram sugar and a whopping 23 grams of protein. The chocolate flavored is delicious! I only drink this as a protein shake, never tried cooking/baking with it, sorry. Good luck!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 02:15 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I use unflavoured whey protein powder in my protein shakes - see Recipe Section. I a also use it when I make my "noodles" with egg whites.
I would be wary of the flavoured ones - sometimes those naughty sugar alcohols (The -ol Family) and the "-ose" Family sneak in there. Fruct Ose and Lact Ose are OK but the rest of the guys are crooks.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:20 PM   #4  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Has anybody ever tried the Butterfinger Smoothie recipe in our Recipe Section? I bought a large container of the Designer Whey (chocolate flavored) that is mentioned there a while back, and just haven't tried the recipe yet. Anybody out there tried that one? Think I might do it for breakfast tomorrow.
Sharon
Old 01-26-2004, 07:02 PM   #5  

Default recipes

Yes - definitely let us know about the chocolate smothee.

I also bought the Designer in Vanilla. The recipe is for peanut butter balls. that you are supposed to coat with legal coconut, chocolate, or nuts.

Also - I have a recipe for cheese cake. It had a recipe for some kind of crust, but since I don't care for the crust that much I'm just going for the custard.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:54 PM   #6  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Yum-m-m!
Pebbles.....those PB balls sound so good. Let me know about how those turn out + the custard.
I will let you know about the Smoothie after I try it in the AM.
Sharon
Old 01-28-2004, 11:37 AM   #7  

Default pb balls - they are gross

I won't burden you with the post
Closed Thread