Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 09:10 AM   #1  

Default What physical changes would we like to see?

I hope it is ok to start a thread and if this topic was covered already I am sorry. Please direct me to it and Jiffy, delete this one please. I don't want it to be redundant.

Something that Peachie mentioned, plus my always cursory look in the mirror, this morning, made me think of this. The bra thing always bugs me, but that has been something that I've learned to live with. What really amazes me these days is that:
1.I no longer have knees. Well, technically I do, I mean I can bend my legs and if need be I can kick something but what used to look like kneecaps now appear more like blobs of flesh.
2. The "shelf" things, you know, right below the waist. What the heck ARE those things and why are they there? I've always gained wt. pretty evenly and these bizarre looking things make me look like one of those women from the Napoleonic era, who had a normal looking front and back but whose hips were three feet wide! Of course, they had the (dubious) benefit of creating that look with wire hoops, I think.
3.The enormous arms. Like the contents of my bra, my arms have always been uncomfortably large, partly due to genetics (mom) and swimming. Now they are so huge that I look like a wrestler. I fear that when the wt. will drop the loose skin will force me into wearing long sleeves for the rest of my life.
4.The double chin. OK, so maybe I've been in denial all these years, but as long as my face looked the same and for some reason it did, I could live with not being able to recognize my body. Seeing my face change, though, is almost surreal, like an out of body (I wish) experience. Strangely, it was this last trauma that led to my recent resolution to do whatever it takes to reverse the ravages of time and find someone I actually know when I look in the mirror.
So it would be nice to see some positive changes in all these areas.

How about you?

Last edited by stilltrying; 01-24-2004 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Forgot to get to the point...
Old 01-24-2004, 12:44 PM   #2  
VOW
Vegan for Health!

I'd like to be able to bend like normal people do.

I want to be able to get up off the floor without performing for the rest of the room.

I'd like to have a neck.

I want to wear clothes that don't have an "X" in the size.

I'm tired of over half of the family's prescription bottles having MY name on them.

Peace,
~VOW
Old 01-24-2004, 01:08 PM   #3  

Vow, sounds like that will happen for you very soon.
And oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the "x" in the clothes...My dh and I have one and ONLY one item of clothing that is the same in design but not size (a VT t-shirt that somebody got for each of us). Yesterday I put on what I assumed was my own and thought that I had just gained 30# during the last week. It was HIS!
Old 01-25-2004, 12:40 PM   #4  

Yes.....the XXXX's got to go.

But what I find troubling is that we are so darn hard on ourselves. Why do we have to do that? The things that we see in ourselves we most likely would not even notice or care about in someone we like.

Let's not even go there with people we don't like

Well, with that said...I would like to jiggle a whole lot less. Nothing specific...just an overall less jiggle!!!

peach
Old 01-25-2004, 01:18 PM   #5  

Fine Peachie, fine! You say that now but let's see if you notice when I show up for my FRENCH pastries with broken kneecaps, because I have not worn a bra!
Old 01-25-2004, 02:05 PM   #6  
VOW
Vegan for Health!

I forgot the most important one, sheesh!

No more stress incontinence! No more peeing my pants when I sneeze, cough, laugh, pick up something heavier than a piece of paper! No more "piddle pads" in my undies! No more running for the bathroom every single place I go! (I feel like a dog marking every tree and fire hydrant in town, sometimes!)

The 31st is almost here, let's DANCE!

~VOW
Old 01-25-2004, 02:13 PM   #7  

VOW please make sure you have someone post for you so we dont have to sit here and wait to hear new like we are doing with buffy!
Old 01-25-2004, 09:09 PM   #8  
VOW
Vegan for Health!

Hey, I've heard that some folks walk for miles all over Tijuana the day after they get their bands, so don't worry! I'll let everyone know!

I'm getting SO excited, just gotta DANCE!

~VOW
Closed Thread