Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 09:32 PM   #1  

Default Slim Fast Low Carb?

Hello Everyone

Is it ok to have these? Or can someone suggest some kind of snacks that are allowed other than the Ricotta Cremes?

Thanks
Old 01-23-2004, 09:58 PM   #2  
Sugar Free Mommy

Default I don't think so?

Hi,
I don't think that Slim Fast bars or shakes would be considered legal as they are FULL of sugar.

I use the Carbolite shakes and they are ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! My favourite is the Banana Blitz one. It tastes so yummy and even with just water in blender it is creamy/frothy! Chocolate is also great. I put in a teaspon of SF peanut butter and blend it up. It tastes like a penut butter cup shake so good. The great thing is that they are sweetened with splenda and don't have any sugar alcohols. If I remember correctly the net carbs are 3 and they are about 150 calories, 3 grams of fat. I often have these for breakfast. I buy mine directly from their website: www.carbolitedirect.com. Their chocolate bars are to die for too!

Jenn
Old 01-23-2004, 10:19 PM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Question

Hey Jenn can you buy them at the store or something similar to it. I am traveling next week and was lookin for some type of b-fast shake or drink for the week. Thanks, Kellie
Old 01-24-2004, 09:58 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Absolutely not allowed! Low Carb or not, Slim-fast is loaded with stuff we don't need. Check out the recipe section for non-frankenfood shakes.
Old 01-24-2004, 05:30 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Absolutely not allowed! Low Carb or not, Slim-fast is loaded with stuff we don't need. Check out the recipe section for non-frankenfood shakes.
I bought a case of the Slim Fast Low Carb from Sams. It tasted YUCKY and I felt ill after drinking only one can!!! To Sams credit they did allow me to return this case.

BTW, try the Pria Select low carb YUM!!! You can get them at Sams also. If there are any military families reading this I was able to get Low carb bread on base for only 1.26 per loaf that is a HUGE savings.
Closed Thread