South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 01:10 PM   #1  

Question Question for Jennifer

Hi, Jennifer. Thanks for responding to my post below re: WW (I am the one with IR).

I am very interested in how you are doing with SBD, because you and I have tried similar plans in the past (such as WW). WW has not been working for me - although I wonder if I will be able to stick with SBD without the accountability of weighing in at a meeting or similar. Have you found that to be a problem?

Also, have you been able to continuously lose on SBD and live within it's rules?

If I am getting too personal, perhaps you would PM me? Thanks very much.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:25 PM   #2  

Thumbs down Buddy weight loss

Sorry - I know my name isn't Jenny. However I have found that having a buddy (my husband) worked quite well. He had to call because someone brought in cinnamon sticky buns, and he needed to stay strong once.

But I think this works. There was a girl at work, but today she admitted that she's inventing the North Beach diet. (Apparently this includes tons of alcohol and wine.)

So choose someone who really wants to do this!!! I find that the boards are good for me, because there people that have the same start weight and goals as I do, and I like that. But it's nice to have someone to go out to eat with who isn't going to order something that is going to make you fall off the wagon.

Pretending to be Jenn.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:54 PM   #3  

I'm a "Jen" wanna be too

I have been on Weight Watchers before and having to face the scale was an encouragement to me to stick with it. But they usually post a Monday weigh-in here so all the chicks & roosters (if there are any) can post. I know it seems to help me - there is still accountability AND it doesn't cost me a weekly WW fee

A buddy is wonderful if you can find one - I have e-mail buddies since there isn't really anyone I can just pick up the phone and call.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:51 PM   #4  

Thanks, guys. You are good Jen Substitutes!!
Closed Thread