Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 05:52 PM   #1  
VOW
Vegan for Health!

Talking January 31, 2004--My New Birthday!

I did it! I'm scheduled to have LAP BAND surgery with Dr Pedro Kuri Santiago in Tijuana, on Saturday, January 31st! It took some HARD SELLING to get my hubster to accept this, but we are refinancing our property to get the bucks.

Dr Kuri has performed OVER EIGHT HUNDRED band surgeries, and everyone I have talked to is effervescent when talking about him.

*VOW does a happy dancie like no other*

Peace,
~VOW
Old 01-21-2004, 06:21 PM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

VOW, glad things are falling into place for you. January 31st will be here before you know it!

Will you need to travel back to Tijuana for fills, or will another doc in the states do the fills?
Old 01-21-2004, 06:25 PM   #3  
VOW
Vegan for Health!

Debbie:

Dr Kuri will do all fills for free, and the only cost will be $50 to the radiology office for the use of the fluoroscopy.

Fills in the States can cost $500-up!

Fortunately, I live only a couple of hours away from Tijuana. However, there are patients of Dr Kuri who come from all over the US for their fills, because the airfare, hotel stay, and incidentals costs less than a Stateside doctor!

Peace,
~VOW
Old 01-21-2004, 07:26 PM   #4  

Oh WOW VOW!!!!

big congrats on your date!!!! you must be so excited! I have read about dr Kuri!

keep posting!

peach
Old 01-21-2004, 09:53 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

oh my goodness oh my goodness!!!! this is so exciting!!! and you are SOOOO ORGANIZED!!!!! can't wait to hear all the details. congratulations!!!
Old 01-22-2004, 01:24 AM   #6  

Good Luck, and keep us posted!
Old 01-22-2004, 01:33 PM   #7  

Very, very cool VOW.
I have read only really great things of Dr. Kuri, so it sounds like you chose well. It's also very convenient that you're so close. If for some reason my surgery doesn't happen in the states, I'm going to Mexico too. The 31st will be here before you know it!
Chickadee
Old 01-22-2004, 06:37 PM   #8  
VOW
Vegan for Health!

Chickster:

Dr Kuri has patients from ALL OVER the US of A! My hubby and I went down a couple of weeks ago so he could meet Dr Kuri and see the hospital (and make sure it wasn't a dirty kitchen table in the back of some sleazy bar, LOL!) and we met newly-banded patients from Tennessee and Alabama! There were patients getting their fills from Washington State, Arizona, and Texas!

Believe it or not, for some folks, transportation costs to and from Tijuana are actually CHEAPER than getting their fills from a Stateside doc!

Excuse me, I gotta do more happy dancing!

~VOW
Old 01-24-2004, 01:21 PM   #9  

How exciting VOW, an actual date! We look forward to your return and reports of discarded prescription bottles as well as x labeled clothes and improved MOBILITY!

Last edited by stilltrying; 01-24-2004 at 01:24 PM.
Closed Thread