Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 06:14 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #50

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #50

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Face and Body Friday We need to take care of our bodies with facials, pedicures, whatever
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
Old 01-21-2004, 06:20 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What problem can we solve for you?

POINTS WRAPUP:

Donna 4
Amanda 4
Cat 3

EXERCISE QUEENS WRAPUP:

Donna watp/richard simmons tape WOOHOO!
SandyG Taebo KICK EM HIGH SANDY!
Cat 2 mile walk and cardio PUMP IT UP CAT!

Everyone is doing great on the exercise, keep it up!

Lisa: send me a pm with your e-mail address if you would like to join our myfamily site and I will send you an invite from there to join so you can use the chat there.

I can't look back so thanks to whomever suggested the user cp. I will look at it and see.

My Wednesday's woes: The darn insurance took out another payment. We already paid it two weeks ago! Now it is going to overdraw my checking account because it takes them 3 days to put the darn money back. I am going to ream them so bad!

Faye
Old 01-21-2004, 07:57 AM   #3  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

Good morning beautifuls! Its a nasty cold and windy day outside so I'm not even leaving my house! LOL!

Faye - Thanks for the info on MyFamily. I'll get to you on that sometime today. Do a lot of people chat?

Cat - Doing different exercises will pay off in the long run because you are working different parts of your body daily. Not only will it brighten up your exercise regimine but it will also evenly tone up your bod!

Gigglez - Which Tae Bo video did you get? I LOVE Tae Bo and have even spoke on the phone with Billy Blanks (QVC a couple years ago). I am thinking of getting the newest DVD as a reward for myself, maybe for my birthday. I guarantee you will see results! Did you like the workout?

Wednesday Woes:: I have a lazy husband! I swear if he could sit on his butt for 24 hours a day, he would. And he'll admit he's lazy! Drives me nuts! It's not like he doesn't do anything, but it takes me making a list and riding his butt to get things done. And let's not even go into projects: he starts them and gets distracted, then doesn't finish them! On the flip side, that really is my only complaint. He is a wonderful man, loves us tremendously and would do anything to make me happy. He works very hard at his job but how can I get it through to him that there's work to be done around the house too (without nagging, complaining, yelling, etc)? I've tried talking! He just says he works really hard at work. Sometimes I wonder if it isn't a seasonal thing, like SAD, or mild depression, but he's already talked to his doc about the depression and tried meds. Didn't help.

Sorry for the rant! Well, its just about exercise time. Gotta go let Billy get me energized and focused!
Old 01-21-2004, 08:55 AM   #4  

Good Morning Lovelies!

I posted a "do not post here" message on #49, because I noticed that someone (Kim, I think) had posted there without realizing we changed. I figured Faye didn't do it because her colors weren't working. Apparently my colors aren't working either, so maybe it's a system thing?

ANyway, 4 points for me yesterday! Woo hoo........that's 3 in a row, I think? NOw that the treadmill is in the living room (until the garage thaws out come May) I am allowing myself to watch TV during the day as long as I'm walking at the same time. I never watch TV during the day! But there is a show on at 9am that I like, so I'm finding it easier to just zone out and walk. It's not an ideal situation, I'd rather be outside. But, whatever gets the job done at this point is a good thing.

Faye, that Stinks about your insurance. Do you *have* to have it on automatic withdrawl? I don't have anything done that way for fear of them making a mistake and totally messing up my account! It may be old fashioned, but give me a stamp and envelope any day!

NO woes today, I hope..... but it's almost 9, so I'm off to lace up my sneakers and hop on the treadmill.

Later babes!
Julie
Old 01-21-2004, 09:39 AM   #5  

Julie: Thank you so much for the do not post here. I was having trouble with stuff starting a new thread and forgot to do it! lol Thanks again!

Well, I called the insurance and she told me I had to get an original bank statement and have it faxed to her. Our bank is Navy Federal Credit Union, which is in Virginia so it is a little ways to go and get a copy to send! I was sooooo mad, but there was not a thing I could do. I called the bank, sat on hold for 5 minutes and the lady said "Ma'am it is not a debit, they credited it to you." So, they screwed up the other way. I am going to wait until tomorrow to see if they debit it back out of my account and if not, I will then call them. It it is just so difficult to get someone with all the automated crap you have to go through first. Oh and Julie, I don't HAVE an automatic payment taken out, I just paid the first payment with my checkcard and they keep using it! Brother, you can count on an insurance company to royally screw things up.

BTW: WOULD EVERYONE CHECK AND SEE IF THEIR COLORS, SMILEYS ETC ARE WORKING? IF NOT WE NEED TO LET SUZANNE KNOW.

Faye
Old 01-21-2004, 09:40 AM   #6  

Heres the post I put at #49. Thanks, Julie!

Well, I got 3 points yesterday, and had no time to chat. Next week, next week. I got everything in but my water. I am usually awsome with water. Here was the problem. Didn't have MY water bottle. To those of you who have trouble getting your water in, I hope you are not trying to remember to go to the sink 8-12 times a day, forget about it! I have a 1 liter bottle at my side at all times (on a good day) and I just fill it in the morning, and once during the day, and that is that. Remembering to fill a bottle once or twice is so much easier, and I find I will drink water when I am bored, as long as it is already in my hand!

Well, I p.o.ed my downstairs neighbor (and friend) jogging in the apt. last night, but I wasn't going to miss my work out and I wasn't going out after dark, so there you go! To bad, Timmy!

Judy- Hear hear! Look at those Frenchies. The French spend about 5 hrs a day at the table, and they don't have the problems we have with obesity at all. OK, they all do smoke like crazy, but they take 2-3 hrs for dinner. And i also noticed they will put their fork down when spoken to, not just when speaking. And they do a lot of pushing their food around. And the most delicious dessert gets only half eaten at the most. I hate the food wasting, but it must be great place to eat out of a dumpster! Forcing children to stuff their food down is just messed up. I am going to take todays tip to heart.

WOES! I have been writing down my food, but PIGGING out, and I think I am gaining weight, even though I am exercising. I just don't want to start out to strong. It is such a delicate balance!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:04 AM   #7  

Good Morning!
I got 4 pts again yesterday! I dropped the kiddo off at the game room with a friend of his and I walked the mall. I am feeling really bloated though, I thought all this water I have been drinking would go through me a little faster than it is. My ankles are still real swollen. But the good news is my knee isn't hurting the way it was. I have been taking something called glucosamine (sp) something or other, supposed to help joints, and it apparently is working. No pain coming down the stairs this morning.

Wish me luck this afternoon at my interview. I am starting to get a little nervous. I want this to work so bad. It would be so cool to have medical insurance again.

Talk to ya'll later,
Judy
Old 01-21-2004, 10:15 AM   #8  

Hi again girls!

It's 10:00 and I've finished my 50 mins. on the treadmill. It's a 1 hour show, and I get off the TM to stretch/drink/pee during the commercials....so I only count 50 minutes. Still.......it's so much easier with a distraction!

Judy--Kick butt on that interview!!! I know you'll do great! If you get nervous, try filling your lungs to max. capacity with short quick inhales and then one long hard exhale. Do that a few times in a row right before you go in. It will oxygenate your blood and help deal with the excess adrenaline running through your blood. Works great for any stressful situation.

Later babes!
Julie
Old 01-21-2004, 12:32 PM   #9  
I Can and I Will

Hello Beautifuls... got points for h2o and exercise yesterday... not sure about the op i lost track so i am NOT counting it. I got some wonderful decaf Chia tea yesterday... its sooo good... so that is now my morning luxury... i am trying to cut out caffeine. I dont feel good when i get to much... i almost have soda out of my life... the only time i really crave it it when it TOM... right at the end... weird huh?? LOL I had some yogurt for breakfast and a piece of toast with some turkey bologna... my son loves that bologna
and its better than the other kind... both for u and in taste. I hope you all have a FAB day ladies... remember to take care of U. I love u all...
I too take a multivitamin and some extra E. And i can tell when i forget to take them... which remeinds me... i had better go do it now b4 i forget...lol
Later Betty's!

Sandy
Old 01-21-2004, 12:51 PM   #10  

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

this is getting ridiculous!

Julie
Kim
Judy
Me
SandyB

MORNING EXERCISE QUEEN:

Julie with 50 minutes on the treadmill! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

Judy; A prayer coming your way for the job!

Beth: Where are you girl? Haven't seen you lately!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Faye
Old 01-21-2004, 02:07 PM   #11  

Hello Ladies
Like I promised I DID go to the gym last night. Sadly my legs gave out after only 10 minutes...but there was certainly sweat involved. And I think it was over 2.5 miles on the bike. Plus there was walking around campus yesterday...a lot of it in heals so I think that counts! 4 points!!!

I hope all are well
Old 01-21-2004, 02:53 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I am back . Thanks to everyone who kept me in their prayers or thought about me in anyway...It helped I believe . As Faye and SandyG mentioned I am going through some stuff. Two days ago I thought I was going to lose my job, but today I spoke with my boss about it and it seems I won't. I will just be the only one working in a much smaller office and my co-worker will work from home. This is cool because it means I will be here by myself with no one really looking over my shoulder, I'll have my very own office( oh and he is giving me a raise), but I will be quite lonely...no one to talk to, I'll miss my co-worker (we have a close relatioship), but I guess it is better than losing my job right. My boss told me about his "brilliant" idea and wants an answer from me by next Wed to see if I'll be ok working by myself, with very little supervision from him. So far I decided I will tell him I will give it a shot and in the meantime work on a resume, sharpen up on my graphic skills, and so after a year I can get another job...haven't thought out the details yet.

I have been staying op the past few days considering how bummed out I felt so i guess that would be my WTGfor this week

Glad everyone is doing good and exercising! I too missed you all.

Take care and I am happy to be back
Old 01-21-2004, 03:21 PM   #13  

Glad you're back Dorothy! We were all concerned about you. THat is so awesome that you stayed op during all that stress........ WOO HOO

Later,
Julie
Old 01-21-2004, 03:58 PM   #14  

Susan: for points!

AFTERNOON EXERCISE QUEEN:

Susan with a nice gym bike ride. Keep on ROLLIN girl! You are doing great! Any exercise is good exercise no matter how long it is!

Later girls!

Faye
Old 01-21-2004, 04:20 PM   #15  
WalkByFaith NotBySight

I think I forgot my points from yesterday - a perfect four! Working on it again for today! So far I've had two pieces of toast, very light on the PB, a banana and half a chicken breast. Doing good so far! Working 96 ounces of H2O too!

My great news (and find) for today! I opened up a savings account today and they gave me $25 for opening it. Plus I opened up accounts for the rest of my family and in total my family has been given $130 in bonuses! Anyone interested in details, let me know! I was soooooo excited! Since I just stuck almost $500 into my business, I really needed that extra $$.

Dot - I'm glad you are back and so happy to hear that things are looking up! Good luck with the job changes!

Susan - Great job on the bike and stickin' with it! Walking in heels though? Sounds painful! LOL!

Faye - Have you tried emailing Suzanne to see why you don't have all the fun stuff available? Seems everyone else has it, so it looks to be a problem with your computer or account.....

Judy - We are all anxiously awaiting to hear how your interview went! I bet you knocked them dead!

Well, I better get going for now....TTYL!
Closed Thread