South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 08:26 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 8"

Default We've talked about hot tea....

I am still trying to find something other than water to drink. Still not loving the whole Nutrasweet thing, tolerating the Splenda....

I tried Diet Rite, waaaay to sweet...am thinking about adding carbonated water to it and trying it then.

FRESCA!!! Totally forgot about this stuff!! Actually, pretty darn good!!

Crystal Light...for those of you not loving artificial sweeteners either..I bought some of the Raspberry iced tea, made it as said, and it was very sweet...Put some in my glass, added alot more water and it is very good now! I highly recommend it! Oh, I also added some lemon slices to it, so after it sits a day in the fridge, it will be Raspberry lemon iced tea!

Anybody drinking anything good out there??? Please share
Old 01-20-2004, 08:48 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

I like the Crystal Light cranberry, Chaz.
We also drink diet RC. Royal Crown Cola. I like it better than diet Coke or Pepsi. I think it's just a personal taste thing.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:24 PM   #3  

Dunno if you've already tried this, or if this is allowed, but...I like to make iced tea using green tea (low caffiene, high antioxidant- but pretty darn yucky tasting alone!) and mint tea, along with fresh mint. The mint makes it sweetish, well, sweet enough that artificial sweetner isn't QUITE as obvious. I think that goes for a lot of flavored teas when made into iced, IMHO.

The only Crystal Lite I can tolerate is the Lemonade flavor, and I'm avoiding it since I'm eating SO MUCH artificial sweetness. I'm contemplating trying some of the other flavors and cutting them with Club Soda- I"m with you, they're just too strong or something! I'll let you know how it goes.

Has anyone found that diet chocolate soda? I loved that stuff when I was in college, but haven't seen it in years.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:41 PM   #4  
Enthusiasm is contagious

I imagine some are getting tired of hearing this.....but one more time!

I just love the Madagascar Vanilla Red tea by Celestial Seasonings. It has a wonderful flavor, and a cup of that on a cold evening is just great by me! I think Jennifer recommended it a while back, and I found some and fell in love with the stuff! It's naturally decaffinated and loaded with antioxidants!

Think I'll go fix myself a cup right now!
Sharon
Old 01-20-2004, 11:49 PM   #5  

Hmmmm...Green tea with mint? Do I buy the green tea where all the other flavored teas are? I have never had green tea, but am always hearing how beneficial it is. I might have to try it, especially with the mint...Thanks Lucky!

I also bought the Crystal Light Lemonade, they were on sale 2 for 5, so I snatched that as my second choice. Hopefully I will like it.

I have the Madagascar red, I guess I could even have that as iced? Never thought of doing that...I don't know why

I will look for diet rc too...I might have to try a good ole diet coke again and see if i can tolerate it..i really want a coke!

I have never heard of a diet chocolate soday...only yoohoo's

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2004, 12:23 AM   #6  

Just about everybody is making a green tea now. I just buy the plain green tea bags and then seperately buy mint tea bags. They make "green with mint" tea bags, but I like to use more mint- it really helps disguise the taste of the green tea and the artificial sweetner. But interestingly, I think the mint doesn't taste as good by itself. Or maybe I've gotten used to it?

I will continue my search for chocolate soda!
Old 01-22-2004, 09:54 AM   #7  

Here you go:
http://www.polsteins.com/jefdietchocs.html

I wish I could find it!
Old 01-22-2004, 10:00 AM   #8  

You ROCK! I'm going to see about getting the nutritional info to make sure there's nothing in there off limits.

I'll let ya'll know. THANKS
Old 01-22-2004, 06:21 PM   #9  

Liquids are what keeps me from snacking. I drink decaf coffee until 9:30, and then I start hitting the water. I carry a 1.5 liter bottle around with me at work. When I get home I have my "cocktail". I mix cherry Crystal Lite with Diet Sprite. It reminds me of a Shirley Temple. I allow only one an evening, which makes it special. After dinner I hit the decaf green tea. Winding down the evening with a nice cup of hot tea is very soothing.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:43 PM   #10  

Default diet chocolate soda

http://www.beveragesdirect.com/brows...SOURCE=PRODUCT

Hmm, I found this one.

Which one is it?????

If it's good we're ordering some!
Old 01-23-2004, 05:31 PM   #11  

Cassidy...that sounds good! I will buy some Cherry crystal light next time I am at the store.

Yes, is the Chocolate drink any good???
Old 01-23-2004, 11:20 PM   #12  

Lightbulb I Found Chocoalte soda - I'm listing ingred/nut info

Absolutely such a coincidence!!!

Anyway, Jef''s Diet Chocolate Soda - 97% Fat Free/Low Carb, flavors we found were chocoalte and vanilla.

Looks like this is a Phase 2 thing, becuase sucrulose is a sugar alcohol right?
We haven't tried it yet - but I wanted to post since I couldn't find the info on the web.

Calories 20
total fat 1.5 grams
sat fat 1 gram
cholesteral 5mg
sodium 65 mg
total carbs 0.4 grams
sugars 0.4 grams
fiber 1.0 grams
protein 1.0 grams

Ingred
Carbonated Water, Milk, Creme, Cocoa, Microcrystaline Cellulose (whoh knows what this is), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Phosphoric Acid, Salt, Acesulfame Potasium, Sucrulose, Potassium Benzoate, Potasisum Sorbate.
Old 01-24-2004, 01:02 PM   #13  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YUM!! Didn't know they made cherry Crystal lite. That sounds good!!
Old 01-24-2004, 09:32 PM   #14  

Default Caulfield's chocolate soda in NYC

Lisa: I used to drink this when I was a kid, too. I have seen it recently at Fairway at 75th Street - but they don't always have it (I checked today b/c I was there anyway). That's probably the one you are thinking of.
Closed Thread