Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2004, 10:47 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Helloooo Out there Tuesday...

Hey, Is anyone out there??? Kind of quiet today. I am busy at work, but trying to pretend I am not. I have some much to do it is overwhelming. It was -10 degrees this morning when I woke up. BRRRRRRRRRRRR... My toes are cold.

Oh and another girl at daycare slammed Emma's finger in a door yesterday, so Emma was not a happy camper. Poor thing. It was her right hand pointer finger. She was having problems doing things because it hurt so bad. It happened 10 minutes before I picked her up, so at least I was there to confort her. She was sure happy to see me!
Old 01-20-2004, 10:58 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Poor muffin!!

I am out here, but barely. I came down with a wicked cold on the weekend....we are talking, sore ears, BRUTAL cough. I went to the doc on Monday and he said nothing we can do unless I get a bacteria growing (is always a danger with my asthma). So, wait and cough. I am getting some nasty looks today as I sit 3 doors down from the CEO.

Well, off I go, write later!
Old 01-20-2004, 10:59 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

PS - the muffin I was referring to was Emma!
Old 01-20-2004, 11:28 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

I'm sorry to whine but.......

.....I want to quit my job and be a stay-at-home-girlfriend.

Jen - As a former Yooper, I have to say that I miss that kind of bitter cold.

Belle - Hope you feel better.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:32 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Laura, I love WI, but I hate BITTER COLD and I hate wind. Oh and I hate those 100% humidity days when it doesn't rain. But I really do love living here. We have defined seasons that you just don't get elsewhere. I do love the cold when I can snuggle up at home and not leave, but going to work in cold is rotten. And even more so when I have to take the kids out in it.

I would love to be a stay at home too... Tell CB to make lots of money so you can stay at home. I would like to stay at home without kids so I could actually get something done. But then I would miss my kids!

Belle, I knew you meant Emma. She was milking the owey pretty bad last night. She was moderately spoiled by us!

Work Smerk... Calgon take me away!
Old 01-20-2004, 11:36 AM   #6  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning ...
It's bitterly cold here too... not in my apartment though! I've been calling it "the sauna" because the heat won't turn off! Spoke to my landlord about it, and it's apparently just because it's so cold that it will keep running until it warms up. Does that sound right to anyone else? Not that I care, I don't pay for heat, but still... strange. We've had the windows open to make it bearable ... it was up to 80 degrees last night when I got home!

Jen - hope emma is feeling better! poor kid!

Belle - I'm sending vitamin C vibes your way to help you out ...

Laura - I hereby give you permission to become a stay-at-home girlfriend. you can tell him I said so!

Oh yeah - I got the job! And accepted, you will all be happy to hear I'm sure, after hearing me freak out about it. I start in 2 weeks - absolutely no difference in pay but I will be learning new skills and OFF THE PHONES!
Old 01-20-2004, 12:28 PM   #7  
Proud Canadian

Angie - congrats on the new job!! It's nice that you're not attached to phones anymore.
Jen - ouch! on the finger and on the cold. Is 100% humidity really foggy? or just really damp? We don't get much in the way of humidity.
Belle - I hope it doesn't move into your lungs. I hate that! Get better soon.
Laura - Me too! Although I have to find a boyfriend for that to happen first.

Tired today. I played volleyball again last night and I love the exercise and I sleep like a rock but when I wake up I feel tired still. Maybe it's TOM. I can't wait for this week to be over.

OH!! I almost forgot! My sisters booked plane tickets yesterday. My little sis is going to VA with her DH and flying back with big sis and the triplets. They'll be here for a couple of weeks which means I don't have to go down until this summer when they'll be a little more interactive. I'm an excited auntie.
KT
Closed Thread