South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 04:43 PM   #1  

Default splenda

since it is made with sugar does it cause the same tummy troubles as the other sugar substitutes?
Old 01-19-2004, 04:47 PM   #2  

no tummy troubles that i have had. i try to only use splenda. it seems to taste a tad bit sweeter than regular sugar, but that may be just me.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:10 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I agree, chequita... it DOES taste sweeter than the others, but is more "sugar-like". Chilichick, it doesn't bother my stomach, either.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:13 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And then there is stevia - you need to get it at a Natural Food store. It is fairly expensive BUT you don't need much as it's very sweet.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:15 PM   #5  

my dr. said the only thing with stevia is that it is not fda approved, but i haven't heard anything bad about it.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:29 PM   #6  
Rattie Lover

I have been using Splenda since it 1st came out and I have nothing bad to say about it. I agree though, that less is more. Isn't that weird how that works? I went to add 3 tablespoons of Splenda to my coffee and I almost gagged cause it was so sweet!! I mean I like my coffee sweet but...It was wayyyy too sweet with the 3 tablespoons! hahaha

I also buy those sugar free drumsticks and sugar free fudgecicles made with Splenda. They are GOOD!! I managed to get my husband hooked on those as well. He ate a drumstick not knowing it was Splenda sweetened and after I told him he goes "wow, I'm impressed! No diet after taste!". Crazy man.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:30 PM   #7  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
And then there is stevia - you need to get it at a Natural Food store. It is fairly expensive BUT you don't need much as it's very sweet.
Ruthxxx-Could you tell me...what does it look like and do they sell it in powdered form or? Last time I asked for it I got looked at funny. They must not of been well educated in their products at this HF store I went too...
Old 01-19-2004, 05:47 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Stevia Rebaudiana, a South American shrub that has been used there for centuries to sweeten beverages. The main ingredient that makes the product stevia taste so sweet is a glycoside that's extracted from this plant called stevioside, which is about 300 times sweeter than table sugar. The product stevia is also composed of fructooligosaccharide, which refers to several fructose (fruit sugar) molecules linked together as short chains.

The FDA has not approved this except as a dietary supplement.

OMG you have a long signature!
Old 01-19-2004, 06:01 PM   #9  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Stevia Rebaudiana, a South American shrub that has been used there for centuries to sweeten beverages. The main ingredient that makes the product stevia taste so sweet is a glycoside that's extracted from this plant called stevioside, which is about 300 times sweeter than table sugar. The product stevia is also composed of fructooligosaccharide, which refers to several fructose (fruit sugar) molecules linked together as short chains.

The FDA has not approved this except as a dietary supplement.

OMG you have a long signature!

Tanks!! I want to try it. Maybe this time they will know what I am talking about.

I wanted some "color" in my sig. Hence the Rainbow. hahaha!! Like Skittles...cept fat and sugar free.
Closed Thread