Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 09:02 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default Is it really Monday???

Yup, it's Monday. I so didn't want to get up this morning, and neither did Emma. It is sooo cold here still. -6 with a -24 Windchill when I got up. just plain miserable.

I spent a great portion of yesterday cleaning. Our house needs it so bad. We cleaned the kitchen/dining and both bathroom floors. I also cleaned the main bathroom and did a ton of laundry. And cleaned the kitchen counter off which was piled so high with junk you could use it. Then I finished packing the Christmas decorations away and stacked the boxes so hubby could put them in the basement storage. I also put away a bunch of clothes that don't fit Kate anymore. Emma called it cleaning day and was helping.

So I am back at work and had a ton to do. And the boss is back so I am sure she will whip my butt!
Old 01-19-2004, 09:10 AM   #2  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning

Yup its Monday already and more then half of this month is gone already.I have a pretty busy day ahead of me.I have to go to my gynocologist today and tonight I have WI.Oh boy!!
My BIL starts his new job tomorrow; so I plan on doing some major cleaning while he is gone.Living with two men is hard.Well I hope everything goes ok for yall today.

Have a great day!!!
*hugs*
lynnie
Old 01-19-2004, 09:47 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Morning!

Good morning, Jen and Lynnie (and everyone about to post).

Jen--It's cold here, too. This morning is was 0. Ick! I hate this kind of weather...

Lynnie--I can't imagine living with two men! Living with one is enough to make me feel a little crazy some days.

So, how was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty nice. Friday night was my sister's birthday, so I loaded a bunch of people and one large penis cake into my car and we went to a bar in Omaha called Bourbon Street. I didn't have that great of a time, but my sister was SO happy with her cake and with the plans that it made it all worth it. Satruday night, Aaron went out and I was at home alone. I got a ton of stamping done and went to bed around 2. Yesterday, I did a little more stamping and then Aaron and I cleaned the kitchen. Tonight, I have to work until 8 and then I'm going home to pick up my bedroom. What an exciting life I lead...

I didn't do so great eating-wise. Friday was Chinese Buffet for lunch, then Aaron brought home McDonald's for dinner. I ate 1 McChicken sandwich. Later, I had a small piece of cake. Saturday was OK, and yesterday I ate another piece of cake, but I don't think I went too far over on points. Weekends are so darn hard for eating. But who knows, maybe WI will be really good this week.

Anyway, kiddos, I still have tons of work to do and I'm feeling very frustrated with things here, so I better get to work. I'll try to pop in again later.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:06 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jen - I cleaned my house this weekend too! Don't you just love the way it looks when its just been cleaned? Too bad it doesn't stay that way.

Lynnie - Good luck at WI tonight!

Jess - Try not to work too hard - that is my plan for the day! Glad that your sister enjoyed her bday party.

I had a quiet weekend. CB went to the pubcrawl Saturday and I spent the day at home reading, cleaning the house and treating myself to a "spa" night. Sunday while he was recovering I did the grocery shopping. I read a bit and we spent a chunk of time wedding planning. We've barley started with it and I'm sick of it already. I just can't bring myself to care about things like what type of flowers and how many pictures. I'm normally a cheapskate but I'm ready to shell out big bucks to have someone else make all these niggling little decisions. One good thing though - I figured out why he's so unwilling to work with me on the date. According to Filipino folklore it is bad luck to wed within a year of a sibling - since his sister is getting married this coming May, he wants to wait until a year past her wedding. Sigh...

Must work. Will try to check in later.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #5  

Laura, the floors were shining... then the dog went outside in the snow and tracked in stuff. So I had to wipe that up. She is a very large Golden Ret. with very furry paws, especially in winter. We have a Hoover Steam Vac, so it really gets the floors clean, except corners, I have to hand scrub those. We usually to the kitchen floor twice a year and use a swiffer wet in between. With 2 kids and 1 in a high chair, the floors need cleaning more often now. There was so much food gunk stuck to the floor... YUCK.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:15 AM   #6  

Can I jump in here...on this cold Monday morning in Wisconsin?!? I am actually looking forward to today, because it's my weigh in day...last week I was .4# from Lifetime and I think I will make it tonight! I have been OP all week, the weekend was very hard-as they are every time! But I stayed busy with house work and helping my DH drywall our new addition. Wish me well and stay warm all!
Old 01-19-2004, 11:35 AM   #7  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning ladies!

Thanks for the advice and dealing with all my neuroses last Friday - that was exactly what I needed to hear. No word so far on the job ... I was completely freaked out about my car too, thought it was a rod knock. Turns out not! And it's something that does not immediately need fixed, will just make a noise when it's cold. So I am completely relieved and happy to keep driving my old POS-car until I can really afford to get a new one!

Jen - sounds like your weekend was very productive! I love those days when you look around and see how much you've accomplished. I managed to bake cookies on Saturday and was totally patting myself on the back for just that - you've got me completely beat!

Lynnie - what a day - you totally have my sympathies! Just think though it'll all be over tomorrow!

Jess - I don't know what it is about weekends but I totally know what you mean. I was out of control last weekend eating-wise. So I've got to kick it back into gear! Relaxing weekends are sometimes the best, aren't they? I spent the weekend with my family again playing cards, watching movies, and just hanging out. It was great!

Laura - I'm glad you know the reason that he's been putting off the date now! Although you sound like you're so completely ready that it'll be hard to wait the extra year... Good luck!

Took me ages to post this - sorry if I missed anyone!
Old 01-19-2004, 11:59 AM   #8  

Hey Ideal Person... I am in Cold Wisconsin Also. Where are you located. I am in Central WI and my toes are cold while I am sitting at my desk. And soon it is lunch and I will venture out into the cold again!
Old 01-19-2004, 12:22 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Hi everyone. This has to be quick. I had a disappointing weekend. I was up 2.6# for WI. It IS TOM so I should have expected it but I had an alright week so I was hoping it would be less. Today I'm terribly boated and just not feeling like being at work (what else is new.) They've renamed our office (we were the Registrar's and now we're Student Services) so I have to go through all of my hand outs on the computer and change the information. It's tedious and I have too many other things to do.

OK - that was my little whine. WI sounds very cold. I don't really understand the differences in the Canadian and US weather measurements. All I know is minus 40 is the same on both scales. It's started to warm up here. We had our little snowstorm and it should be mostly rain until April (as usual) I hope everyone has a great day, whatever weather you're having!!
KT
Old 01-19-2004, 04:53 PM   #10  

Hi! Jen-L I am on the Mississippi River, in La Crosse! Home of the World's Biggest six pack...have you heard of us? Where are you located? Right now it's +1 degree!
Old 01-19-2004, 05:29 PM   #11  

Have I Heard of you????? HECK YAH, I was born in La Crosse. Small world eh! I now live in Wausau. I have lived in several WI cities/towns, so I am quite familiar with the state!!!! I think the bank sign said 10 degrees when I went out for lunch. BRRRR....

Well I am off for home. I have chili in the crockpot, then I have to venture out in the cold for a meeting. Blahhhhhhhh....
Closed Thread