Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 07:04 AM   #1  
she who must be obeyed

Angry WLS-Chat, week of January 19th

Good Monday morning!!! Hope all you working chicks have the day off.

Finished off my pot of coffee already, trying to decide if I want to make another. If I switch to decaf I can count it towards my fluid for the day.....that's it! Running to make a fresh pot in my new coffee maker. The old one just died on Friday.

Everybody keep our chickie-friend going under the knife today in your thoughts.

Well, without going into too much detail, I was contacted Saturday by a woman who found me on Obesityhelp, she had my same surgeon. Why is this so important? You know the problems I had directly related to him, well she also had horrible complications. I'm 100% better now, with no lasting problems. She is not so lucky. She had her surgery before me, and is still under doctor care, and will never be the same. She has a multi-million dollar law suit against him and believes she has an iron-clad case. While I know complications can and do happen........a truly good doctor will shine when this happens, in my case and in her case he just vanished. Our care was handled by staff doctor's, our family members were never spoken to by this arse........and that to me is the most unforgivable thing he ever did. Stepping off the soap box.....

Can't wait for the Super Bowl!! Don't get me wrong, I like football and will watch the Super Bowl.....don't have a dog in that fight, but right after the Super Bowl is............ALL STAR SURVIVOR!!!!!! Go Rupert!!!

Not much on the agenda today. What is everyone else doing??

Have a great day all
Old 01-19-2004, 08:27 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday to you too Deb...I am with you GO RUPERT!!!!!
-L
Old 01-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #3  

Morning! Debkay! Morning! L!

to everyone!

The little guy went to school today and the big kid is home. I am hoping to get to the grocery store, I'd like to make a pork roast with roasted veggies. I'd also like to get to Kohls to see if they have any jammies marked down to nothing. I love my jammies!

Hey! Debkay! I bought a new coffee pot a few months ago. I was ALWAYS cracking the glass pot...Hate THAT! I bought one that is a thermos and keeps the coffee hot most of the day. So far, (fingers crossed) I have not broken it! If I drink a coffee mixture of 2/3 decaf and 1/3 high test do you think I could count ANY of it as water?

Don't know how I am going to juggle the kid's tv, the Iowa Caucus and the first American Idol show, tonight. Talk about pressure!

Let's see if I can scoot out of the house for a bit!

peach
Old 01-19-2004, 11:28 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

who's rupert???? my day started with a 9 am conference call that lasted until nearly 10:30 and then i nearly ran peachie over as she came to pick up mom for the daily outing. barely got a chance to wave to her!!!!

are you all sitting down???? here goes: I ACTUALLY COOKED LAST NIGHT!!!! steak, and roasted veggies, and onions and peppers to go on the steak. and tiny little baked sweet potatoes. a very very good dinner, if i do say so myself.

gotta go back to do some work [yuck] hope to have something more interesting to say later.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:22 PM   #5  

Who is Rupert? Oh Jiffy-Pop-Corn-And-I-Don't-Care (great new name, even if it's kinda long!)
Have you been living under a rock, oh esteemed moderater chick? Rupert is the sweetest thang ever to compete on Survivor. He's a big ol' hunk o' hairy good guy. Kind of gentle giant-ish.

I am in personal TV heaven. Can't wait for American Idol tonight and Survivor starts soon. Who needs an actual life? Not me!

Deb - Your doctor gets scummier and scummier every time we hear about him. What a dork! I hope the woman who contacted you gets all she deserves.

As for me, I'm practicing patience. Since it can take six weeks to find out if I'm appproved by my insurance carrier, I'm trying not to think too much about it. Otherwise I'll go completely off the deep end.

That's all folks,
Chickadee

p.s. I highly recommend spending $15 to get rid of the ads on this site. It's so much easier to get around now and I figure it helps keep this site going.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:53 PM   #6  
Hang In There

Can you hear me crying all the way from Dallas? I just got off the phone with the lady about the medical research study and sh said that their instructions was that the top weight to be eligible to participate in the study was 250.

I have been so looking forward to this and have been counting the days until it could get started, and now I feel completely deflated.

She said she would talk to her supervisor and see if there is any way to get around it, but she doesn't think there will be. That was my last hope, I guess now I'm going to seriously look into the lap band surgery. DH doesn't want me to do the Gastric Bypass because of what he went through, so maybe the lapban would be easier.

Yes, Chickie, I completely, the best 15.00 I've spent all year!

And as far as the lapbanding goes, we are in the process of changing insurance companies as of 2/1/04. Anyone know anything about how United Healthcare is for paying for the WLS?

Last edited by ageoldie; 01-19-2004 at 05:05 PM. Reason: thought of something else I meant to say
Old 01-19-2004, 05:46 PM   #7  
Old Cackler

oh barb. i'm so sorry!!!!! but i know you'll keep going in your search. and doesn't it make you wonder what they're up to when they limit their study to relative lightweights? IMO, they are biasing their study population in order to have the best chance of GOOD NUMBERS.

and chickadeedee... yes, my dear. i am indeed living under a rock. i have no clue about modern society. is that such a terrible thing???? but if you found a link to rupert's pic, i promise i'll go look at him...

patience is overrated sometimes.

off to do ab crunches and then a massage.... yippee eyahooo!!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 05:58 PM   #8  
For my HEALTH...

Default alive & kicking

Just checking in to say that I am still alive & kicking. I also paid the $15.00 to get the ad-free subscription. I hope the money helps to support this site.

Over the weekend for the 1st time I started to explore some of the other 3FC forums. Wow these forums are such a great source of info. I was up into the wee hours last night reading informative posts from several forums.

BTW my sister is in the process of going thru a MULTITUDE of pre-surgery tests. I think this is going to be quite a long process.

Bye for now -- Pookie
Old 01-19-2004, 07:28 PM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Rupert:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...o/rupert.shtml
Old 01-19-2004, 08:14 PM   #10  

Barb, I got United Healthcare just because they are one of the better companies about paying for WLS, even Lap Band. I'm sitting here with baited breath (eww!) waiting to see if they will pay for my banding. My doctors office said they are pretty good. My suggestion is to call them with your policy number and ask. They were really nice to me when I did.

Good Luck!
Chickadee

Oh yeah, I forgot - Rupert's more about style and personality than looks Jif!
Old 01-19-2004, 09:34 PM   #11  
Old Cackler

hmmm. thanks for the link L. i can ALWAYS count on you.l he's kind of interesting... too bad he's married !!!! LOL!!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 10:53 PM   #12  
Livin' La Vida Loca

I RUDY!!
Old 01-20-2004, 08:22 PM   #13  

Guess I must live in never never land! I don't watch either show! Too busy with the grandson, and hubby! Guess I need to get a touch of reality everynow and then. Ruperts not bad looking!
Jiff, I understand about work, seems since I have gone back after surgery, it has been non stop! Meeting, after meeting, and then more Meetings! And to think I'm only a dietary manager, not a CEO ! I hate meetings! Seems I waste my time, I could be doing my work instead!
Nice to be able to drop in for a while. Glad to keep updated.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:52 AM   #14  

I don't know who Rupert is either!

Barb! hugs to you. Keep us posted on how things go for you with the band.

I was suppose to go out to lunch with a friend I used to work with years and years ago. ( Funny how as I lose weight I am able to get out of my cave) Anyway, the little guy is home after several calls to his psyche doc and the school. We are in the process of changing his meds. He won't go to school until Monday at the earliest. I don't like leaving the little bugger, even in dh's capable hands when his meds are being fiddled with.

What's going on with you guys?

peach
Old 01-21-2004, 12:08 PM   #15  
she who must be obeyed

Hi all, had a long post and "poof" it was gone. I'm sure it was something that I, the computer idiot did. Oh well!

Barb, so sorry things didn't work out as planned.

peachie, I did get a new coffee pot with the thermos pot. I really like it! Hope the little guys meds are on track again quickly.

Sooner, Rudy is a pretty neat old bird! Hope he does well.

to everyone!
Closed Thread