Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-18-2004, 08:41 PM   #1  

Default Daily Chat

Hi!

Sorry that I"ve been MIA the last few weeks. Hope everyone is doing well. I keep losing my password for this board, get frustrated, and give up. A poor excuse, I know, but I wanted to let you guys know that I have been reading your posts!

Saw the Neuro Surg. two weeks ago. Wasn't fun. Good news is that my hips are okay. Bad news is that my lowest vert. is almost crushed. Four vert. above that, which are supposed to curve, are straight. Not good. Basically told me to lose weight, even suggested bypass, or I was signing my own death certificate.

Needless to say, this guy had the personality and tact of a bug.

Not sure what I"m going to do about the weight loss surg. Scarey thought but the xrays of my back weren't pretty.

I'm back working at the hospital. On a day, off a day. Not sure how long I'll be there but I'm back on the project I worked on in the Fall. Nice to have money in my pocket and to get out of the house.

So, how is everyone? Hope everyone is doing great! Loved your comments on going blonde as you get older.

Stay warm! We're freezing here! Some guys thought it would be fun to streak through a Denny's near here. Did their run and went outside to find their car was stolen. Manager of the store locked them out in 12 degree weather, windchill was worse, and called the cops. I know I shouldn't laugh but I thought it was funny.
Young Grasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 09:05 PM   #2  

Well, excuse my warped humor, but I agree with you. That is hilarious.

I guess if someone told me I was signing my own death certificate, that would probably scare me into losing weight. I hope you can find something and stick with it. I know how hard that is and it sure is easier said than done.

I also must get busy. I don't want to end up in the same dilemma. So far I need to lose about 40 pounds but I can't seem to get with the program. If I don't, I am afraid it will get worse.

Glad your hips were ok, but I will bet you are more than concerned with your back. Hope you don't have too much pain from that.

Going to have a cup of tea and watch some TV.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:18 PM   #3  

Hi everybody! I had decided everyone had gone away from this thread. I can't seem to find the posts before these last two, though.
Grasshopper...take care of yourself. My weight was very bad on my back. I can tell such a difference with it off. I just hope I can maintain. Sounds like you do need a different dr.
Loved the story of the streakers!

Happy Canuk...Good to hear from you again. I've missed everyone. I'm on a couple of other threads, but, missed my friends here.

Hello to Joanne, Silk...& all...
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:35 AM   #4  
RAR

Young grasshopper sorry to hear hat you are not feeling the greatest I am sure that you will come up with the right decision when the time is right for you I just never realized that carrying extra weight can cause these problems although I need to loose25 it is just as hard for me as it is you so I know how you feel the story was a good one it made my day Rita
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 07:28 PM   #5  

Default Hey There

I am so glad to see that we found each other again...
Grasshopper.. Hope that you find a solution soon.. I know when the Dr. told me that I had a serious back problem and that the only thing left was surgery THAT was a wakeup call for me to get on the stick and lose the weight. I truely thought I was going to get sick..It was a fact that my knees were almost gone (one knee replacement) . I was having difficulty just getting through the day and the nights were not much better. Everything hurt.Find a support group..You will be glad you did..
Angel..I hope your Holidays were good. How is your mother doing ?
Hey Happy- It is in the 40's here at night.60's during the day. The sun was out and it was windy but to me cold. I still walked to the beach..
Rita 25lbs? You can do that!Set aside 30min.just for you. Set a time of day you are going to exercise. That is your time. Put on your music or the TV and go to it...
Bye all...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 03:20 AM   #6  

Hi Angel. Nice to see you again. I wasn't sure if we were going to keep this thread alive. Nice to see it survive.

Rita, welcome to this thread as well.

Joanne, I have been basking in nice weather - around 30F here give or take a couple of degrees. Long range says it is going to stay like this. Don't trust the weather however, as it can change rather quickly.

I will post this link here as well. Turn up your speakers and listen to this, along with a short movie. Motivational. I sure enjoyed it.

http://www.peacefulearth.com/html/peaceflash.html
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 07:17 PM   #7  

Default Hey There

That was very nice Happy.Thank You..Joanne
Old 01-21-2004, 10:32 PM   #8  

Hi!

Glad to see people still read this thread. Nice to see a new face, Rita. Welcome! Glad everyone found the streaker story funny. Still makes me laugh.

Job at the hospital is going okay. Seem to be able to work one day, come home in pain, and then take the next day off. Thank God my boss is cool about it. Just wish the job would last longer than mid Feb. Guess we'll have to see. On a postive note, a friend at work and I were talking and we're supposed to go to Weight Watchers on Sat. I need to do something......the pain killers knock me out so bad my brother refers to it as my dirt naps...(sick).

Hope everyone is staying well. How's your mom, Angel? Good to see you Canuck and Joanne!

Stay warm!!!!!

Deb
Old 01-22-2004, 10:01 AM   #9  

Default Hey There

Grasshopper- Good for you! Get in WW and stick it out. ! I for one went and joined so many times and dropped out that it is a shame to admit it. I finally got it together and it worked for me. I hated going to those meetings for some reason. I thought I could do it on my own. It doesn't work that way. I needed the focus and reinforcement of the weekly meeting.I now go to TOPS. It is a support group. The members are great for support.
I don't like taking pain pills . It clouds my thinking. The real problem is still with me.. Since I have got the weight off,my back is better. The pain is less.I have oa so I will always have some pain.
The story about the streakers was on the news down here.
It is a beautful clear day here in Fl. Not too cool . Just right.
Hello everybody...Joanne
Old 01-23-2004, 09:59 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone...

Happy Canuk...that movie was beautiful! I may put it in my Christian Website that I have. I think it would be great!.

Hi Joanne....it must be nice to be in Florida today! My feet stay cold these days. That sure doesn't do much for RA or OA. Maybe spring will come soon. Hope you're feeling well. Are you getting to walk much, these days?

Grasshopper...glad you have a job you can cope better with. It's good to work with people who understand our health problems. Take care of yourself.

Hi RAR....you'll lose that weight. Just hang in there. Good to see you posting. That's one of the best things you can do for weightloss. If you need encouragement...we can all help each other.

Hi Silk...let us know how you're doing.

Well, Gina & kids left this morning for Fort Sill, Ok to get house set up for SIL to come back from Iraq. He's due back February 26th! He's been there a year. I'm happy for them...just will be nervous til he's home. Every helicoptor that tries to fly any out, seems to crash. Help us pray for them.

Hope all have a good day!
Old 01-24-2004, 07:31 PM   #11  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody...It is saturday and only7.25 in the evening.. My hubby has been sleeping since 6..I will wake him up soon to see Grand old oprey.. He probably will be up and down all night. Whats new! He does this all the time. All he has to do is sit down on his chair ,turn on Fox or CNN and he is off to sleep.
Yes Angel , I walk as often as I can. I walked my three miles again today. That is what I try to do at least 3-4 times a week. I used to do that every day. But ,this past year it seems too hard.I guess I am getting younger.
It has been a lazy day for me. I did a little laundry,sewing and the usual things we do every day.. I should have vacumned and scrubed the kitchun and bathroom. Another day.
Bye for now. I hope you all are having a great weekend...Joanne
Old 01-27-2004, 05:24 PM   #12  

Hi All!

Joined WW on Saturday. Think I'll do well as long as I work. The hospital cafe is pretty good and I find it easier to stay on program. Coming home, being home, is when I fall off the wagon. Need to work on that.

I've been to Ft. Sill, Angel. Nothing there. Remember thinking that when I went to visit an old boyfriend. Remember driving around the town, Lawton, and taking pictures under different stores....spelt furniture as forniture. LOL. Hey, it's the small things sometimes.

Hope everyone is doing well! And staying warm! We're due for a major snowstorm tonight.

Deb
Old 01-28-2004, 09:37 AM   #13  

Hi Grasshopper, & all...

Yep, Lawton is VERY boring!! I spent abour 4 weeks there 5 yrs ago when granddaughter was born. The winters are very rought. Like a blizzard going on the whole time I was there. That was the first time I flew in a plane. Was scared to death! After I got up in the Delta, though...it was so beautiful out the window, I forgot about being scared. Then, changed at Dallas to a small eight-seater (only 4 of us on it) that was like a small pile of junk. Got scared again! Chris & Gina hate it there too. He said in one of his recent emails to Gina...that he didn't think he would ever say it, but, he even missed Lawton!! That shows how miserable he is!
I've heard WW is different from when I joined several yrs ago. I didn't lose...rest of the family did! The girl that does my hair is doing really well with it. Good luck.
How's your back these days? Mine has done better the last couple of weeks than it's done in a long time. Nice to get a little relief.
We've got cold weather...but, only snow flurries. I'd like to see a little more.

Well, gotta go get ready for work...take care.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:06 PM   #14  

Hi All!

Well, I spent 3 days in Lawton and that was enough for me! My boyfriend of that time was there for a while.......wish I had the money I spent on long distance! lol. Could have a nice chunk of change in my pocket. Oh well.

Back comes and goes. Was out on tuesday because it hurt....no work today because we got snowed in. Shame is that I was ready to go to work about an hour after everyone woke up! Terrible, I know, but I definately had cabin fever today!

Not much else to report. Hope everyone is doing well!

Deb
Old 01-29-2004, 09:44 AM   #15  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- My back is giving me a problem. I think I just pulled something. It should be better in a few days.
Grasshopper. It is good you joined WW.. I hope you are doing well. They now Have a plan that lets you eat most everything.. It doesnt restrict you so much..Hope your back is better.
Angel- I enjoy flying. I don't seem to be so afraid. I remember once we circled for over an hour before landing . The wheels were stuck. They lady next to me was a basket case. She didn't speak to me the whole trip,but, grabbed my hand when she got scared.I am going to Az.this March for a week visit with my brother. My daughter bought the trip. I think he will take us to the Grand Canyon. I was there a couple years ago but she has never been there.
I go to tops tonight. I hope I can just stay the same(turtle).I have been sorta lax this week..
Bye...Joanne