Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 09:45 AM   #1  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

Angry jumping in!

Hello everyone, just jumping in, been lurking around for a while, and decided go ahead get my feet wet. let's see i am a SAHM right now, and am a transplanted southerner. how i hate this cold. i just want to go outside and be able to walk without freezing my buns off. things have been going pretty good, and then boom last night i ate, and ate, i even knew while doing it that i was upset not hungry. but am trying hard not to let 1 day bring me down. so here i sit a new day. and at least i caught myself before i just completely slid back into old habits.
well enough rambling, just wanted to say hi to everyone!
Heather
Old 01-15-2004, 09:56 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Heather! Which plan are you doing?
Old 01-15-2004, 10:05 AM   #3  

Ellis, thanks for the welcome. instead of a "diet" i am trying to change my whole lifestyle. eating more organic foods, ( i have completely changed the way i cook, and my hubby is actually even eating!) i cut out all soda, coffee, and am drinking tons of water, herbal teas cutting out my beer was a big one. i quit smoking, and am working on trying to exercise. for the past 10 years i have been a couch potato. so i guess you could say the "heather makes herself healthy" plan .lol.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:15 AM   #4  

Woof! You go, girl! Quitting smoking is a HUGE hurdle, and you're making a lot of good changes in your diet!
Exercising is a biggie, huh? We have a membership at the Y, and I'm SUPPOSED to be going 3 times a week, but haven't been since before Christmas. (I've got a cough that's hanging on. Okay, plus I'm lazy. )
I'm a SAHM, too. How old are your children/child? Mine are 14 and almost 8. (and I'm not going back to work until they no longer need me here!)
Old 01-15-2004, 10:24 AM   #5  

Yep that laziness gets me everytime. but i have looked into the Y and liked what i saw. Blue is 8, and Katie is 3. wonderful on their own, but hellions when they are together. that whole sibling rivalry thing is big in my house right now. I love staying at home,but have been thinking about ways to work form home, or maybe having to go back to work for a while, we just moved up north from New ORleans, and my husband is working in a crappy factory job for low pay. not much work in his field around here. but we wanted to be closer to his family for the kids. though i do miss NEw ORleans. was doing a lot better on walking everyday in that nice warm weather.
Your kids are about the same age apart as mine, just a little bit older, so i bet you have been right where i am standing as far as the bickering.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:54 PM   #6  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugirrl1
Ellis, thanks for the welcome. instead of a "diet" i am trying to change my whole lifestyle. eating more organic foods, ( i have completely changed the way i cook, and my hubby is actually even eating!) i cut out all soda, coffee, and am drinking tons of water, herbal teas cutting out my beer was a big one. i quit smoking, and am working on trying to exercise. for the past 10 years i have been a couch potato. so i guess you could say the "heather makes herself healthy" plan .lol.

I love staying at home,but have been thinking about ways to work form home, or maybe having to go back to work for a while, we just moved up north from New ORleans, and my husband is working in a crappy factory job for low pay. not much work in his field around here. but we wanted to be closer to his family for the kids. though i do miss NEw ORleans.
Welcome Heather!!

Hey that is the same kinda diet I did. I just made a major lifestyle change. I cut out almost all of my sugar, any fried foods, fast foods, junk foods. I changed over to eating alot of fresh fruit and veggies & salads & oriental soups. I eat alot of chicken and turkey. Cut out most of my intake of the red meats. Not totally cause I gotta have my steak every so often, but not every day anymore either. I drink almost a gallon of water a day. And...I started exercising. All of this combined has helped me shed 45 pounds so far.

As for working at home...ever thought about selling junk on Ebay? I am a SAHM and that's what I do. I started in 1997 when I was working full time AND selling and quit my job and haven't looked back since!

I am going to New Orleans in summer 2005 to judge for UAA Jump Rope Nationals. I cant wait! We'll be there a week. The competition is held I believe in some sports thing there...I forget the name of it but it's suppose to be right on the waterfront. What other things are there to do there? We get 2 days free time so...I am going to take advantage of it and paint the town purple! hehehehe...
Old 01-15-2004, 05:18 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

Welcome to 3FC! I hate the cold, too, and would move as far south as I could, if my family would come with me! When I win the lottery, I'll just buy a small island, and then I bet they'd move!

Congrats on going organic. We're slowly easing ourselves into it also. We're also trying to eat less meat. Good luck on your weight loss!
Old 01-15-2004, 05:59 PM   #8  
Rattie Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC
Welcome to 3FC! I hate the cold, too, and would move as far south as I could, if my family would come with me! When I win the lottery, I'll just buy a small island, and then I bet they'd move!

Congrats on going organic. We're slowly easing ourselves into it also. We're also trying to eat less meat. Good luck on your weight loss!

Singing Along...

I've gone some....Ocean Front Property...In Arizonaaaaaa....laalaalaa

Come On Down!! Lottsa Jobs Here!! The Weathers Nice...IT's Paradise...Well until Mid April that is..Then...100° rolls around.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:27 PM   #9  

Hi Heather, welcome!!!
Old 01-15-2004, 08:48 PM   #10  
a new me, I soon will be

Howdy!

I'm trying to follow that same kind of plan...changing my whole lifestyle, so I know how much work it takes when you are used to being lazy. I can find some of the dumbest excuses to use instead of working out. Tired, headache, stomache, too cold out, too hot out, raining, windy, too many errands to run...you name it, I've used it. But, I'm working on getting myself going...at least I'm eating better than I used to...well most of the time
Old 01-15-2004, 08:58 PM   #11  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Heather
Old 01-16-2004, 08:09 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles913

I am going to New Orleans in summer 2005 to judge for UAA Jump Rope Nationals. I cant wait! We'll be there a week. The competition is held I believe in some sports thing there...I forget the name of it but it's suppose to be right on the waterfront. What other things are there to do there? We get 2 days free time so...I am going to take advantage of it and paint the town purple! hehehehe...

well i had big ol' long postm hit submit and lost cuz the forums were maintaining. ain't that a grr? anyhoo let's see
New Orleans, lucky you. you will have lots of fun, i am thinking it is the lakefront arena that you will be at.
things to do : ride the streetcar to the garden district get out and walk around., beautiful houses, and gardens. go to the french market. ( beware of the t shirt shops, the french quarter has a gazillion and they are all owned by 2 families, big rip off) everyone loves bourbon street, but i worked on it, and find it annoying. city park is gorgeous. has a beautiful garden you can go walk in. watch the food , new orleans is known for it's yummy fare. but oh so sinful. deep friend southern eatin's ..
enjoy your trip!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 08:13 AM   #13  

Wink

thanks for the wonderful welcome ladies. i have been lurking for a while and everyone here seemed like such a friendly bunch. i am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:32 AM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Hi Heather!! Welcome to the madness!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 12:27 PM   #15  

You won't like Dentrassi at all, Heather. Just ignore her. She's very rude.
Closed Thread