Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 01:52 AM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default chit chat 24

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Angie
Old 01-14-2004, 01:53 AM   #2  
Give me strength

figured we needed a new thread.....

hope everyone is doign well.

ttfn
Angie
Old 01-14-2004, 08:29 AM   #3  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Angie- I used to make tents for my kids out of chairs and blankets, too! For some reason, all kids like to have a hiding place. Wow, your death dreams are scary! My Katie gets premonitions about things, and has a kind of 6th sense sometimes. Sounds like you will be busy today. Have fun with your friend.

Marti - Sheesh, your DD's conversation with Uncle Matt was scary, too, but probably a relief in a way. Hope your classes are going well.

Hi to the others.

My hair stylist (who is also my niece by marriage, and I dearly love) buzzed me yesterday!!! I truly think she got me confused with my sister who also goes to her, and my sister gets her hair cut very short. But when she was done, instead of freaking out like I wanted to, I just said, yeah, that's fine. Why did I do that??!? I should've at least commented that it is a tad short!! Like Neal says, it will grow back. But in the meantime, I can't even get the curling iron all the way around it!

Yesterday was almost like Spring here, too! And today is supposed to be nice again. That kind of weather gives me energy, so maybe I'll get more cleaning done.

Be good,
Jana
Old 01-15-2004, 12:49 AM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Angry What a night!

Evening ladies...

You're all probably in bed...well maybe not Shanna...but you should be, you have school tomorrow!!

I've spent most of my evening proofreading and editing and all that jazz. I needed a break. My eyes are starting to wonder if everything looks wrong!!

Jana-- I don't even know what I would do if my sister (who does my hair) gave me a buzz cut!! Cry I'm sure! Years ago, when I was at my heaviest, I wanted to try and improve my looks since I was so down on myself. So I decided to try this new do...A perm on top and the sides and back cut short. Well...once it was finished....OMG... I cried. It was horrible. For one, my hair takes to a perm like crazy...so it was all frizzy. And the sides and back...didn't feel like she left any hair at all! So instead of improving how I felt..it just threw me into a deeper depression! I was mortified and the woman who did my hair looked like she was going to cry too..... I know she felt bad. But I couldn't stop the tears.

Angie--Your dream was intense!! I would have been freaked out. Years ago when my Aunt was pregnant...she had come down to attend her 10 year reunion. It was on her due date!!! (crazy woman) Anyway.. I lived with my grandparent at the time and I remember waking up from a dream that she was laying on the couch in full labor because of all the dancing she was doing. I could hear her high pitch whiny voice...saying mamma...it hurts. Then she asks me how I survived this pain. (I had my son 4 months prior) So I went downstairs just knowing she was on the couch. My grandparents were in bed and She wasn't even home yet. So I went back to bed. Early the next morning (I never got up before 10:00 back then....I know I was lazy)around 6:30. Guess what....yep.. my aunt was laying on the couch..crying for my grandma and as soon as she saw me, she asked how I survived the pain. Talk about strange. I wanted to go back upstairs and start the day over! I've had a few crazy things like that happen.

I think it's interesting how we all have something in common with things like that. Or everyone has a story...and not everybody shares. I share a lot. (Sorry ladies!)

OMG!!! I just got spooked! (here I go with sharing!) James called me and I was just yappin away and his phone was cutting out...then it just went quiet...then all of a sudden a soft voice kept saying "what?...I'm here....**cough**how are you doing? So you're on the computer? Working late aren't you?" It just creeped me out! I hung up the phone waited a minute then tried to call James back...and she was still on the phone!! I know some how our lines got all messed up...but for a minute there...I was freakin. She couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear who she was talking to. So I just hung up the phone and let James call me back. Just something you want to hear when your home alone!!

Ok..now that my nerves are calming down... I've got some PowerPoint to tackle before I go to bed. Kayecee, Cristi, Shanna, Alyra...come back and post!! Share a story if you got one. Heck...we could even start a new thread just for bizarre stories!

Take Care ladies...
Marti
Old 01-15-2004, 02:20 AM   #5  
Give me strength

Hey everyone...
guess Im the night hawk tonight.... its midnight here and I just got home from rehearsals. Tanner is exhausted and I plan to let him sleep in and then drive him to school.
Im just cranky,,,which seems the whole cast is...I had to tell a few hurry up after the show so the techies could start doing their thing and I had one person just fly into a fit. I stood there calmly...told her to settle down,,,did tell her boyfriend whos in the play too to get her home and to bed,,,as in sleep..lol then I warned him that she only gets one free pass with me,,,after that I will show her what a real fit is!
I did see my Dr today and am on some major heavy antibiotics. Ive got some icky chest and nasal infection...but really don't feel all that bad,,,voice has come back almost normal. Got my contacts back...yay! I CAN SEE!
I do have some pics on the digi and will try to figure out how to put them on here...Brandon has no school tomorrow and I will make him help me. My boss is letting me have a couple of days off to recoup...THANK YOU!
night all
Angie
Old 01-15-2004, 07:56 AM   #6  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Marti - your dream was baziarre, too! I'd have freaked! My Katie uses Powerpoint a lot and likes it. She sets up the layout for the school newspaper using it, I think.

Angie - was the one who threw a fit an actor? They are noted for being emotional, lol. Sounds like you had a stressful evening, and I'm glad you have the day off.

Well, my dream was this: My beloved sister who is/was 15 years older than me, and helped raise me, found out she had cancer and not long to live. Now, all of you know that I am a practicing Christian. Well, I got so very, very mad at God and couldn't believe He could be so cruel. Anyway, in a dream, He came to me, all in a floating robe and everything, and said "I know you think I am being mean, but I tell you, this is a privledge for her." And when I woke up, although I was still sad that she was going to pass away, I was okay with it in my heart. To this day, I KNOW it was really God, and not just a dream....

Where is Kayecee, Cristi and Shanna, and the others???

I am going grocery shopping today and making a stop for the Bakers and Takers hospice program. Other than that, it's just "same ol', same ol'".

What are you doing today?
Jana
Old 01-15-2004, 12:29 PM   #7  

Morning ladies--

Jana--What a wonderful dream. I think that would have helped me in a situation like that. Having the heart feel at peace. Just knowing that she'll be ok.

Angie--I popped in last night just before your post. I was going to post, then I thought.... I need to get to bed!! Of coarse, I went to bed and read a book for an hour!

Today is my one class day. Starts at 1:00 so I don't have to rush. I would have liked to have slept in later since I stayed up reading much longer than I wanted.. but my back is aching. I think it's time for a new mattress!! Because only while I'm in bed, sleeping, does my back hurt. Any suggestions on how to rememdy the problem besides buying a new mattress??

Well I have some things I need to do before I go to school. I will post later.

Have a great day.
Marti
Old 01-15-2004, 03:48 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Okay, I don't know what this stupid computer is doing but I am having problems posting again-but only with the long posts. Arrrrgh! I just lost my very long post so I will post later ladies but want to say Hi and hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Take care-TTFN
Old 01-15-2004, 05:43 PM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

Marti - try turning the mattress over and around, so that where the flip side of where James' feet are will now be at your head. Did I explain that okay? Sometime the box springs can cause more backaches than a mattress, so flip that around (but not over,lol) too!

Cristi - glad you checked in! Wonder why your computer does that?? It has happened to me once in awhile, too, and it's highly annoying!

Not much news since this morning... I got my shopping done and spent some time with Madison. She carried an apple slice around for about half an hour, then wanted to share it with me. Yuk! But, being a good grandma, I ate it with her so I wouldn't hurt her little feelings. I figure I'm immune to most cooties by now, lol.

Gotta run, be good!
Jana
Old 01-15-2004, 06:46 PM   #10  

Hello..

Just a quick post for now to respond to Jana and the apple slice (how cute was that?)

Jhanai loves apples, but she likes them even more when she can dip them into melted peanut butter! Try that sometime and I bet she'll love it.

Hi to Cristi!! I was getting ready to e-mail you and see if everything was ok. Glad to see your post!

I will check in later girls.

Marti
Old 01-15-2004, 10:01 PM   #11  

Angry hi

Hello ladies...

I'm getting ready to tackle some homework and decided that I would stop by here first. (how lucky are you all? )

Today was a very good day. Went to proofreading class and my eyeballs hurt afterwards...so many mistakes we had to find!! Then I had to figure out how to "drop" assignments in my instructors file for my Powerpoint class. That was a pain in the butt! There is no way of knowing if you've actually dropped it in or not. Just have to wait and see tomorrow if she got it!
(isn't that the kind of news you all want to hear about?)

Angie--Any news about your friend joining our group? I hope she does. The more the merrier. Sorry to hear about the woman throwing a fit. But you have today off right? Hope you took advantage of it! I'm waiting on some pictures........(ok ok... I'll lay off about posting pictures)

Jana--The rest of the room sounds just as cute! My daughter would have loved that. But now, I'm not even sure what she likes. This age is difficult to keep up with! All her friends are boys... so she likes things boyish.

It's funny, she tells me that she's "kind of" (in her words) a tomboy..but not really becaue she has crushes with some of her friends. I had to laugh. Crushes at 9?!! I'm trying to think back when I had my first crush......six years ago when I met James!!! Alright, so maybe that was my first feeling of true love, hmmm...crush.. I do remember having this huge crush on my history teacher in junior high. I think all the girls were "in love" with him! Didn't help that he was younger than most teachers and he really got the student to enjoy his class!! Other than that... I don't really remember having crushes earlier in life. That happened later...junior high and up. I think the fact that I looked so much like a little boy growing up, that I was just so shy! I should post some of those awful pictures. Just show you want I mean!!

Cristi--Wonder why you have so much trouble posting? When I first joined 3FC I always had that problem..but I can't remember what it was that I did to make it not happen anymore. One of you girls helped me out with that. Could have been Michelle or was it Mel?? I don't remember.. I hope it starts working soon. We miss hearing from you.

Shanna--How you doing girl? We want to hear more from you. Tell us your dreams.... your desires.. your... ok wait.. we don't necessarily want to hear your desires..we could get into some freaky stuff with that!! So just pop in and yap about ANYTHING!!

Highcats---I hope you jump into this chitchat. You're more than welcome to just jump right in and put your two cents worth in!!

Kayecee!!!!---Where did you go? I am worried. I was worried about Cristi too, and now she's back. Everything ok? Or is it just hectic right now? I remember you saying you had a maddening day.. Hope things are looking up.

Well the love of my life just left for work. It is so funny... He wears his carhart pants (I believe that's the brand name) and jacket. All black.. then he has this black hat... looks like a cross between a cowboy and a safari hat. He looks good when he's all dressed for work. I told him that he reminds me of one of those men they describe in the Romance Novels. So I always call him my mysterious stranger when he gets ready! He just laughs at me, then realizes that I'm still staring at him all googly eyed so he laughs again and says "Stop it!!" (He loves it I know it!!) Just feels good to know that I'm with someone that I can look at and still feel like a girl with a crush!! You should see his smile....just makes you smile...all day!!

Ok... I better stop yappin about James... or I will be feeling sad that he's gone.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Three days!! They decided to close school for my birthday... isn't that nice? Martin Luther King day....when did that start?? Why can't they just have his day on his birthday..which is today??? I just don't understand some of these holidays...but as long as there is no school... I'm all for it.

Well I've babbled on long enough! Your eyes have got hurt by now. So I will close for now. I may pop in later.

Take Care
Marti
Old 01-15-2004, 10:39 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies~

I don't know what is wrong witht his computer, but it seems every time they do something new I start having problems again. I think it is MSN though because when I hit submit, like today a window popped up saying there was a problem with something-can't remember exactly what it said. But it said do you want to report it or don't tell-well it doesn't matter which one I click on it throws me off. The funny thing is, it is only with a long post, one that has taken me forever to type and it just started that (throwing me off) when 3FC made the changes. Maybe that is the problem there-taking too long. Normally though, it is fine except that when I hit submit it says I am not logged on and I have to log in again. I need to talk with Suzanne again. Anyway, sorry for being MIA for a few days, things have been crazy again. I thought I better check in since I don't know when I will next.

We didn't get the house, which is fine. The way I see it, it just wasn't meant to be. We put an offer on another and should be hearing something tonight, tomorrow the latest.

Next, DS ended up in the emergency room Wednesday night. He had a really bad stomach ache which turned out to be gall stones. So, he is having surgery to remove his gall bladder tomorrow at 1:30 but has to be there at 11:30 to check in. I will be there all day I suppose, not sure if he will spend the night or not. I know when I had it done I was in the hospital 5 1/2 days but that was because I had pancreaitis and jaundice brought on by the gall stones. They wouldn't operate until the infection was gone. DD had her gall bladder removed at the ripe old age of 15 and went in at 7 am and was home that evening. So I am not sure what they will do here.

About you ladies and your stories, well I have some I could tell but prefer not too. I had a lot of things happen when #1 DH was killed. I just am not too comfortable talking about it. It didn't freak me out or anything, they were kind of twilight zone-ish. I haven't told too many people just my mom, my dear friend who was there for me, and of course my DH and of course the kids. Just think people would think I was

Marti~how are you liking powerpoint? When I took it we didn't get into it that much, just enough to say we didn't it. Hey, off on your birthday-what a deal! Do you have special plans?

Jana~the play room is just adorable. You did a great job and I love the colors. Of course pink is my favorite color anyway.

Hi to everyone else, Kayecee, Alyra, Shanna, Angie and anyone I may have missed.

I need to be getting off this thing. I have been running myself ragged all day trying to play catch up on housework and laundry. Also, bought groceries today. I will have it done before I go to bed. I don't want to have to think about it tomorrow. I've got a little bag ready to take tomorrow with my favorite magazines, a book, some snacks and a CD player. hey, I go prepared so as not to be bored all day. Anyway, you ladies take care and have a good evening and a great Friday. Talk to ya soon.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 01-15-2004 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:35 AM   #13  
Give me strength

Cristi will be thinking of you tomorrow.

I slept so much this morning it felt good...thing is so did Tanner and I finally got him to school when they called around 11....(bad mommy) anyways he got there I got to the car wash, and the bank and was home laying down with a movie within an hour.
Our preview was pretty ummm bad tonight...lol But the saying is bad preview awesome opening night....
Anyways yes the one person who wigged out the most was an actress. The other was the makeup artist who was over stressed. Anyways I had a nice talk with the Director about the situation,,,so he had everyone come in for notes and made an announcement of what my job is,,,and that they better listen. grrrrr The actress wouldn't look me in the eye. (I know kinda childish of me but I made a point of looking right at her, I just a fed up with her melodramtics all the time...friggen prima donna...lol)
Tomorrow I have a hair appointment with my old stylist. And we need groceries,,,my mom and brother are coming for the show and a hockey game. I have to work the whole weekend so I won't even be able to visit.
well better get to bed...
night all
Angie
Old 01-16-2004, 01:43 AM   #14  

Cristi--- Looks like you were able to post a long one this time. (that sounded strange didn't it?) I hope your getting some rest and let us know how your DS is doing after surgery. We'll be thinking of you.

Angie---11??? What's up with that? Should have let him stay home!! Isn't school half over by then?

I popped in for a min. to post something, and I completely forgot why. Who knows, but I need to get to bed soon. But first.. I gotta read more of my book James got me for christmas. Anyone a Dean Koontz fan? I've only read a couple books. This one is called "Odd Thomas" pretty good so far.

Ok.. need to get some shut eye.
Marti
Old 01-16-2004, 09:17 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Good morning Ladies,

Marti - I don't read Dean Koontz only because he writes scary books. I know from others that he can really spin a good story, though. Same with Stephen King - there are only certain books that I have read of his, and even then, they scare the bejeebers outta me! I am reading Barbara Taylor Bradford's newest "Emma's Secret". It is a sequel to A Woman of Substance. Btw, do you think you might need glasses? You mentioned that your eyes hurt after close work, so you might want to check it out. About crushes - I liked a little red-haired boy in Kindergarten, and he liked me. He walked beside me on a field trip to the pet store. I remember this after 45 years because the teacher let me carry the fish we had just bought. So, my point being, I discovered the opposite sex at least by Kindergarten! But you know me, I'm a saucy wench!!

Cristi - good luck with the new house offer. DS is having surgery today?? He will be in my prayers! Good thinking, packing a bag with things you will need. Let us know how it goes, okay?

Angie - I can remember what I did in Kindergarten, (see post to Marti) but not the name of your play! I don't trust critics and put no faith in their reviews! I learned that the hard way - wasting money on a movie they raved about, and thinking... WHAT THE HECK?!? And some of the coolest movies have only 1 or 2 review stars... go figure! Sounds like you will be plenty busy this weekend, but try to stop in here anyway, okay?

Where is everyone else??

I am going to clean in the kitchen today. Wash all the appliances, etc. A good friend and her sister, whom I have never met, are bringing lunch Monday, and I don't want them to know just what a slob I truly am. At least I had already started Spring cleaning in there, so I'm ahead of the game.

Then Neal and I are going out for supper. We got a gift certificate from Gina at Christmas to a local restaurant so we're going to take advantage of that. I love gift certificates, don't you?

BBL,
Jana
Closed Thread