South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 04:36 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday 13 January 2004

Being that I've been in hiding for a while I thought I'd start the daily thread for today.

Can't really explain..well...it was my inner recluse coming out strong.

I'm back on track and focused. Restarted Phase 1, day 2 feeling good!

It's been raining and storming for three days NON-STOP. I'd give my pinky toe for a good 'ol fashioned blizzard.

Take care all...glad to see everyone!
Old 01-13-2004, 04:53 AM   #2  
The REAL me stepping out!

Hi everyone!

Just reporting in. I didn't get a chance to pop on yesterday at all and hope I didn't miss anything! I went to a seminar yesterday and wow, if anything I can tell you what happens to someone when they aren't prepared! (as far as SBD goes) I woke up late and didn't have time to fix my normal breakfast. So, on the way there my co-worker and I stopped at McDonalds of all places. I chose an egg/sausage Mcgriddle! BAD choice! I took it apart and ate the egg and sausage only. GREASE! I took ONE bite of the mcgriddle thingy.......and thought....WHAT AM I DOING!!!! I tossed it! So, breakfast wasn't a total wash!

Lunch was a chef salad and wasn't too bad. But here was where I really went NUTS. I got home late, due to road time and simply threw in frozen pizza's for the rest of the family! Do you think I took the time to fix me something SBD friendly! Nope I didn't. I had two slices of that blasted pizza!

SO...today....regroup and get it right! I am not going to beat myself up over it, just going to move on. Whatelse can I do, right?

Looking forward to another day on the beach, so I am pulling up my beach towel on the sand and hopping on!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-13-2004, 06:41 AM   #3  

Well done Jens for throwing the Mac Donalds! that is will power. I think the thing that works for me when I fall off the wagon is just to say 'oh well' and start afresh the next day, no trying to catch up etc. Otherwise I get ald depressed.

I am doing ok. I have made myself a chicken salad in tupperware to take to work, and I am planning to make morroccan lamb tonight - well, that is I intend to sprinkle some cinnamon, cumin and coriander over my lamb before I grill it, and have it with a little FF yoghurt. I will also make some hoummas to go with and get some lettuce to roll it in to (absent the delicious flatbreads....). That is the plan.

I am very jealous at all the celestial seasonings talk. We get some celestial seasonings teas in the uk, but I have not seen Madagascan Vanilla Red. It sounds wonderful. I have a bit of a thing for vanilla, be it in coffee, tea, scented candles (although they stick between your teeth a bit...). I am flying over to Boston for the weekend in two weeks time (friend's business trip and I am tagging along for the lobster). So I will scour the shops in pursuit of the elusive vanilla......

As you can see I had Ricotta Dictionary flavour for breakfast

OK, off to work. Good luck and good wishes to everyone.
Clovey
Old 01-13-2004, 06:43 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Geez, Jocaro! Be careful what you wish for! I can send you all the snow you want. Nice to see you back posting.

Good morning, Jen. Hey, 2/3 of your day was OK! As you now know, planning is the only way to go if you want to stay OP.

Can anyone tell me why I wake up at 4:55 these days? Actually I was awake earlier but didn't get up. PArt of the problem is a stupid thing - my alarm clock dies before New Years and I've not got around to getting another. So I wake up and turn on the frassing light to see the time and that's it! Bed at 11 and up at 5? I think I need more than 6 hours of sleep.

Kevin continued his forever project of putting in my new closet doors! It's still not done. He will paint this morning and I hope to be able to hang up clothing by late afternoon. Kevin needs someone to organize him! He dropped in yesterday morning and told me he had to go get his saw. That took an hour. Then he needed some plywood - another hour shot! Never mind - he is a nice guy and a struggling single parent so I use him when I can. His wife died suddenly of a heart attack 4 years ago leaving him with two girls of 10 and 4! A hard row to hoe.

Enough whining! As some of you know, I have been off program for a while. I feel like a real fraud when I answer questions about this plan. Tomorrow I reach a milestone day in my life so will recommit and get some more of this fluff off!

You will be pleased to know the darn Christmas tree crud is now all put away so I did get something done yesterday. The one thing on today's plan is to go and get an alarm clock!

Have a great Tuesday.

Hey Clovey! You snuck in on me! I bought some of that tea the other day and just love it. I think it is one of CS's newer teas so may not have hit the UK yet - we just started getting it here in Canada. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll send some over. Sounds like you are on plan. The lamb sounds great - is there a recipe we can have?
Old 01-13-2004, 07:16 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Feeling Happy

Morning Chickies I am feeling rather happy today. I really don't know why but I woke up feeling well rested and happy. I am on the second week of phase 1 1/2 and I must be totally detoxed. Well I just finished my breakfast of a small banana with peanut butter and now I am feeling like a tea. So I will be back later with a cup. Have a great morning.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:54 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Jocaro, I will gladly trade your thunderstorms for this darned snow.

Jeni, congratulations on the breakfast, and re: dinner... yes, just move on!

Clovey, you're back! That lamb sounds wickedly good!

Oh, geez, Ruthie. It's almost tomorrow ALREADY!?!? And I still haven't mailed off this xmas thing.
You're just a morning person. That's all there is to it. Maybe you'd better start going to bed later.

Little Chick, so glad you're feeling good today.

I'm feeling good, too. I'm going out for breakfast with a friend (okay, I'd rather stay home and be alone, but... ) , and I'll get to have eggs and MAYBE a couple of sausages. Cooked by someone else. What a dream. And yes, I WILL skip the toast. (damnit)

love and hugs to all... I'll try to get back later. Have a wonderful day, girls!
Old 01-13-2004, 11:12 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 8"

Day 2 and my head is killing me!! It is making my teeth hurt I haven't had breakfast yet, but am on my way. I froze some of those quiche cup thingys and will pop a couple in the microwave.

After drinking so much water yesterday, and then going to the bathroom a million times, I decided to step on the scale this morning..I know I should wait, but I had to see if the headache was worth it I have lost 3lbs. Yes, I know it is water weight, but Hey...I'm not complaining!

I have layed out a couple of filets for dinner, I think I will stop at the store and maybe add some swiss or mozzarella cheese and mushrooms. I might make the cauliflower potatoes and steam some brussel sprouts!

Thats it for me!!

Later
Old 01-13-2004, 11:48 AM   #8  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Beauties!

I'm doing great on the Beach for the past week! Started on a modified Phase 1 and 1/2 today. I figure I'm detoxed enough. I'm exercising at the gym for an hour each day. And I'm staying OP as far as eating goes. I really think this new little booklet out by Dr. A is going to be helpful. It is a listing of foods, portion sizes, and food values. Great tool to hang on to always. I found my copy at WalMart while I was grocery shopping!

Jocaro....I'm so glad to see you back posting and OP.

Jens.....You're doing great on the Beach. I've been here since the latter part of August, and it's a wonderful WOL. A late welcome to you!

Clovey.....Welcome to you, too! Wish I could share a cup of this Celestial Seasoning tea with you. Maybe you could order it over the internet!

Little Chick.....glad you're feeling happy today! Keep up the good work on your weight!

Ellis....hope you are having fun at your breakfast out. Sounds like a great break from cooking!

Chas....water weight counts in my book, too! Great planning for dinner!

Ruth....get the alarm clock, and some OP foods in the pantry and you'll be fine again!
Hugs to you all....
Have a great day!
Sharon
Old 01-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #9  

Okay..so I forgot my son's lunch account was low so I decided to take him his lunch today and eat with him. I drove through Wendys thinking I could get me a salad. I got the spring mix and picked out the cheese, carrots, onions and tomatoes, leaving me with lettuce and some cucumbers. I asked for their LFdressing and when I opened my bag it was the vinegarette. I looked and it had 7g of sugar for the whole pack. I just drizzled a little and didn't even use half the packet. That should be okay? Next time I will go to Mcdonalds..they have the Newmans Own balsamic vinegarette, Low fat.

The good thing that I did was.....I did not eat one of his french fries, or take a sip of his coke!!! That was a huge thing for me not to pick at this food

Can I have a diet drink in Phase 1? I can't remember...if so, is it limited to 1 a day? I am thinking of trying a Diet Rite since it has Splenda.

I am off!! Errands errands errands today...and it is almost 70 degrees outside!!! woohoo!
Old 01-13-2004, 02:54 PM   #10  

Default recipes

Hi all
I posted my recipes for my morrocan fest - such that they are. I like to make the food an occasion sometimes.

I might be off line tomorrow due to the fact that I have to dismantle the computer - acutally I have to dismantle the whole study as I have bought a new desk. It is a wonderful new desk, but I have to take all the existing structure to bits first I am one of those people who struggles a bit when all of those (three thousand??? must be, at least) cables are free from the back of the computer. It could be easter before I work it all out to get the screen, keyboard, printer, mouse, scanner, speakers etc etc back in the right holes. Its like that baby game - you put the red star in the red star shape and the yellow square in the yellow square shape and so on and so on until you are old enough to have a PC.

But as soon as I am up and running (and it might be tomorrow) I will be back to see you all.

Clovey.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:06 PM   #11  

Chaz... sorry about your headache, hon. It may last another day or two, but it'll pass. You're detoxing.
Congratulations on sticking to plan today!
Ummm, drinking diet pop is a personal choice. I drink it, but it may slow down your weight loss a little.

Sharon, you go, girl!
Old 01-13-2004, 03:07 PM   #12  

Clovey, good luck with your computer.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:57 PM   #13  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Hi Chickies! Oh my, but all these newbies are starting to inspire me to get back on track! I've been saying I was going to, but I keep getting in the way!

Ruth, get thee to a store and get a new alarm clock! Putting the light on when you get up is probably a huge factor in why you are waking up! I have been known to use the "facilities" in the dark to avoid waking up too much in the middle of my sleep! One of the guys that works nights with me sleeps in a closet! I kid you not...an actual, real live closet! He has an air mattress and a fan, and he just shuts out all the light, noise and distractions! I don't go that far, but I do have heavy shades and one of those oh-so-glamorous eye shades!

I'll have to check out the recipe for Moroccan Lamb, as my DH bought half a lamb from someone at work! I'm not crazy about lamb, but like it if it is fixed correctly.

Well, all the lights for my great room came today, so I think I'll go unpack them and make sure they are intact. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!

Take care and have a great evening everyone!
Old 01-13-2004, 05:25 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You won't believe this! Kevin is still not done. He will be back tomorrow to put the handles on the closet door because the frassing screws were too short! He still has the kitchen light fixture to do but did get my new shower spray installed. Oy!

You will be pleased to know I braved the cold and went to Westport to get a clock. Only thing is......I didn't get a battery for it! I heard were were supposed to get smarter as we got older but. so far, it hasn't worked out like that at all. and jujubes did not make me feel better about a screwed up day!

Thanks heavens I get a new day tomorrow. Maybe I'll just go to bed now!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:27 PM   #15  

I AM STUFFED!! I probably ate too much, but boy my dinner was good

I had the small filet, actually left a little of that, tossed the bacon strip wrapped around it, yuck! I had about 10 brussel sprouts, yummy! Oh, I almost forgot, I sauteed mushrooms in some olive oil and garlic and they covered the steak, and a salad with cucumbers and a vinegar and oil dressing. AAaah...very tastey!

Ruth - glad you got your clock, too bad about the batteries

franny - please don't start sleeping in your closet, that is just a little wierd! I didn't realize you weren't SBD'ing with everyone else..join the party

Anyone else I forgot? Sorry, and Welcome to all the newbies! I am glad to see more people joining SBD!

I am still having the butter dilemma...I looked at Molly Mcbutter tonight and it says it is made with trans fat (partially hydrogenated soybean oil) Okay, we all know that is not good, but how is it compared to the saturated fat that is in real butter? I did use a bit of the real on my sprouts I will go and look at the other options for butter tomorrow.

Take it easy!
Closed Thread