Carb Counters - Less Tummy Tuesday 1/13/04

View Full Version : Less Tummy Tuesday 1/13/04

Jamlinrich
01-13-2004, 02:51 AM
Morning Chickadees!

I'm home from work and getting ready to feed El baby-o his bottle. Have a horrible tummy ache. Cramping badly :( :mad: Hopefully it will go away soon. Doing good though. Not much new. Hanging in there. Just wanted to start this puppy off. Bought myself some new clothes for my b-day. 4 new tops and 2 new sports bras. Some may say that's not very exciting but at $42 a pop that's quite a nice gift.I got them from www.title9sports.com Good quality bras that keep things in place and never itch or anything are really important to me. My last ones lasted me two years and its time for new ones. Well, all is pretty mellow here. Just workin, workin, workin. Started lifting weights today which I'm excited about. It can only help. My goal is to be bikini ready by summer. It's totally doable. I definitely need to drink more water though. Well, hope you all have a lovely day. I wish I had more time to post personally but by the end of the day I have so little time to respond to all of you. My thoughts are with all of you though. Keep up the good work. It's worth it! ;)

fullfig
01-13-2004, 07:06 AM
good afternoon, ladies. all is well here. trying to figure out what to fix for a late lunch. haven't exercised yet. i have a few more tapes that i've not used but want to try. so, i'll do that a little later today. jamie, you are doing just great. you should be so proud of yourself. i'd better get off for now, as i'm getting a hunger headache. ta ta for now!

Spedmom
01-13-2004, 08:05 AM
Morning All!

Jamie: So sorry to hear about the tummy ache. Hang in there!

Finally broke back into the 180's, said goodby to the 190's. Yowza! Have the plumbers coming today to dig up 1/2 my yard and replace a busted drainage pipe. Yuck! I was sure this was the year we were going to be able to fix our upstairs bathroom, but it seems those funds are now being diverted elsewhere. What's a gal to do? Oh well... At least this time I didn't screw the outtake valve cap on all the way so when the overflowed flowed it did so into the yard and not into my family room like it did last year!

I'm still plugging along with this WOE and experiencing no problems so far. Had major hunger pangs last night, but was so tired I fell asleep instead of bingeing. Thank goodness for being tired! Unfortuately, I didn't get any exercise in, but I can live with that for now. :) There's no way I would have burned off the extra calories I would have consumed by giving into my binge. Hope everyone has a great day......

Leenie
01-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

It was so hard getting dd out of bed this morning, all she kept saying all the way to day care was, Mommy, I want my bed, I wanna go home.

Talk about starting your day out in tears.........sigh. It's hard enough being a working mom but to go to work w/a broken heart too really sucks :(

Hope your mornings are better than mine.

Hugs to you all,

Leenie

jane8760
01-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Good morning all.

Jamie: Hope your stomach feels better soon. :)

Leens: that is so sad.....sorry about your morning.

Spedmom: :cp: Congrats! Pretty soon you will be welcoming in the 170's!

fullfig: It always cracks me up when I come in here at the crack of dawn and you are wondering what to have for lunch! :lol: Some day I will get used to our time differences.

Trying very hard to stay cheat free this week....TOM is on his way. I am really feeling the urge to be TOTALLY bad! My eating is fine though....as long as I stay away from the damn candy dish they have in the isle next to my cube! I know they are only the little mini candy bars but GEEZ what's a girl to do. The funny thing is is that I don't usually do sweets....salt is my game. But on this plan for some reason I have been craving sweets more than usual. Maybe it is all the protein?...... :shrug:

I am trying to get a picture of me resized so that I can post it for you. Maybe I can get to it today.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Talk more later.

fullfig
01-13-2004, 10:03 AM
jane--that is funny about the time difference making you laugh. i am 7 hours ahead of est. being that it is 4pm, i'm now trying to figure out what we'll have for dinner. i'm craving refried bean tostadas for some reason--for 2 days. i'm trying to be strong, but i may have to give in just to get it out of my system. right now i am 30 lbs down, with 30 left to goal. my pattern in the last 4 years has been to take a break after a 30 lb loss, then not get back on for nearly a year. i'm determined to not let that happen this time though. i'm craving stuff like crazy though. hopefully the exercising will help lessen any damage i might do during weak moments. i know i will eventually get to 150 lbs, slowly but surely. good luck with the candy dish. have a great afternoon. you are doing so well.

fullfig
01-13-2004, 10:08 AM
spedmom--congrats on the 180's. woohoo! sorry to hear about the plumbing.

leens--i feel for you, with your situation this morning. i am so thankful everyday that i get to stay with my dd. it is something that i do not take for granted.

Froufy
01-13-2004, 11:13 AM
:( I am here to join Jamie in the tummy trouble area!

I am definitely in trouble here and have scheduled a dr appt for this pm - which means my whole afternoon is shot - but better safe than sorry.

I AM HUNGRY AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EAT! ....I know when you have the runs you are supposed to eat "binding things"...eg the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast)....I had a BANANA this morning - can you believe it? Now my stomach aches and I feel like I have a brick in there.

Was up between 3:30 and 4:30 am with FOUR visits to the washroom (get out of my way kind of visits :o )...a couple of Imodium last night, and another this morning ( a couple more visits)..and I feel weak and lousy and in pain.

Feels like this is not a stomach flu or something I ate cuz it is lasting too long! I am scared of eating anything, and afraid my doctor will tell me to eat higher carb stuff to stop this problem?

Could find no low carb bread this am (in my freezer or the grocery store)...don't think I should eat dairy products/cheese.....meat/chicken certainly does not appeal to me...and veggies are a bit too "rough"..any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Sorry to be so self centered but I am really upset....I hope this has nothing to do with low carb eating???

Will have some tea and drink more water, and ponder what to eat? (I am craving toast with tea tho......but I can hardly bring myself to eat "real" bread!!! :dizzy: )

Leens - I know the feeling - I too have sometimes left my youngest at school with tears in my eyes - what a bad feeling to start the day - you do know however, that probably minutes after you left she was probably fine and having a great time with her friends!

Fulfig - please no talk of "refried beans"...my tummy can hardly handle it! :p

Jamie - as you can see my sympathies are with you - hope you are feeling better than I am! Sounds like you did some good pre-birthday shopping. Day of pampering sounds about right to me? Any other plans with dh and el-babyo?

Jane - hang in there - whip up some heavy cream with some sf syrup or jello and indulge if you must....at least it's safer than many other things!

Spedmom - Sorry about the "flood"...and congrats on reaching the 180's....a great feeling. I've been "here" quite a while now...and am anxious to get to the 170's....feels like it will never happen tho (I am about 2-3 lbs away...still.)

It's our 6th wedding anniversary on Saturday - still trying to find a sitter, and frankly the way I'm feeling right now I can't even imagine eating out...what a bummer!.....and still need to shop for card and something for dh!!

Oh ya - did I mention the coming deep freeze - always something to look forward to...NOT>.....winds picking up this afternoon....temperature dropping to -31 degrees - then even colder tomorrow with windchill making it feel like -44.....are we all CRAZY TO LIVE HERE.....yes we are!!!

RUMBLY TUMBLY FROUFY :tape:

KarenW
01-13-2004, 11:34 AM
Good morning all!

Just checking in quick to say hi! LIFE is nuts yet again today!

I will be back later this morning though!...

All those tummys need to get better!! sending healing vibes to you all!

Leenie
01-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Froufy, I'm not sure of the carb count for Pumpkin but I've always heard that Pumpkin can help with the binding process (as well as rice, bananas, etc...)

BTW, if your dog has loose stool, you can give them pumpkin as well.

jdoggmartin
01-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Jamie: Hope your tummy feels better soon!

Fullfig: You can do it -- keep plugging along. That weight will eventually come off.

Spedmom: Congrats on the 180s!

Leens: Poor thing! I'm sorry about your sad morning.

Jane: Resist those cravings!

Froufy: Get to feeling better! That sounds miserable.

Karen: Hi!

OK. I just read something in "Food & Family." It's a magazing that Kraft puts out. It has a comparison between counting carbs and counting calories. It says some good things about LC eating, but something really got me. It says that "130 grams of carbohydrates a day is the minimum required for brain function"! Does that mean we all have non-functioning brains??? :crazy:

We went apartment hunting yesterday and think we found one we really like. The only problem is there is none available in the size with the features we want. So, I think we'll go month-to-month where we are now and move whenever one comes available. I'd kind of like to have a more set plan, but at least I know we'll be moving from here sometime in the near future...

Hope everyone has a good day!

Take care,
Jina

Theo'sgirl
01-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Good Morning Ladies and SORRY I had personal greets typed to all of you and then got dumped outta AOL and lost it!! But to all of you hope you feel better and congrats on those of you doing GREAT!! (Sped: CONGRATS on 180!!)

Foufy: sorry I don't have better advice for you except....I hate to tell you this but you may have to stop the Immodium. Any bacteria you have from eating something bad or virus your body naturally rids it from the body through diarrhea, it has to runs its course and actually Immodium makes it take longer because it stops or slows the natural process. Sorry girl!! I wish I could say **pooof** and your are cured!! Maybe Dr. has some good ideas for you!!

I am feeling particularly poopy today, I weighed in and even though I have been sooooooo good. I am up 2 pounds! UCK! i know I started working out and I feel great and clothes are fitting ALOT looser , so I am sure it is just the gaining muscle thing but I hate that!! I am gonna try to add another liter of water to my daily intake and stop eating nuts everyday....even though i love them!!!!

Have a great day ladies!!! I will talk at you later!!

StarPrincess
01-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

I'm getting ready for a meeting, so I have to be quick. Congrats, Spedmom!

Poor Froufy - I hope things go well at the dr. Leens is right about the pumpkin AND it's low carb. I though cheese was supposed to be binding, too?

Jina - I think that 130 grams of carbs thing is an old belief that has since been proven false. I mean, look at how many of us stay significantly below that and are just fine! I think it's a crock. Since "carbohydrate" is kindof a junkbin category (anything that can't be counted as protein, fat, water, or ash is considered carbohydrate) I don't see how they can make that kind of statement.

I tried my pilates last night and decided I need to wait a little longer on that. I've developed a lovely cough that screws everything up when I'm focused on breathing. Bummer! :(

Mr. Mucus is back from his (and my!) vacation. Ugh. I just want to go over there and shove tampons up his nose till those stupid sinus cavities of his are all filled up! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :s:

Be back later!!!

supersized
01-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Froufy, I hope you're feeling better soon! I had my turn with a churning tummy last night but it was self induced to clear the bowels. Reese's PB cups is my method of choice. I was determined to stay away from sf treats but needed some relief. As a result I'm at 173 today. YIPPEE!!!

Star, I hope you're up and running at full capacity soon too. Good job of not giving into the nasty mom at the bar.

Theo's girl, you're ds is adorable. I just saw his pic in yesterday's thread.

Jina, hang in there. The perfect apartment still awaits you. I was rushed to find a house when my apartment lease was up. Luckily, I found the perfect one for me.

Lekker, let me know if Subway will accept a card of stamps for a wrap. I've got a couple of them laying around.

Spedmom, congrats on the 180s. It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?

Leens, I wasn't able to view your pics in yesterday's thread. What am I doing wrong?

Jamie, I hope you have a super dooper bday! You are always so busy.

Fullfig, you're gonna be smaller than me by the time you get here. I"m gonna have to pick up my pace. :)

Karen, hang in there. Normalcy will soon find you again.

Jane, be strong. Those TOM cravings can be serious. Those darn sf Reese's PC cups constantly call my name for those few days. They even sometimes find their way into my hands and mouth. :(

I've got to read up on the 130 carb thing. I heard somewhere in the last few days that the nutrition labels are about to change. The number of recommended carbs per day that labels are currently based upon was set in 1968 at 300. The new recommendation is either 130 or 150. I can't remember for sure. I'll check it out though. Lunch break is over so I must get back to work for now. Have a super low carb day girlies!!!

Froufy
01-13-2004, 01:58 PM
Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and suggestions - did not know the imodium may be stopping my "cure"...in fact I was okay...for a while.....then a relapse last night/early morning?...and will have to try pumpkin to see if that helps! (or cheese?...but I always heard that dairy and upset tummies did not mix well?)

As for brain functionality - we are all so low carb that we are too stupid to notice our brains are functioning at a below normal level - who would have guessed? :lol: :lol:

Supersized - congrats on the weight loss - and the self induced tummy trouble - I have the same issues when I ingest those nasty sugar alcohols but sure makes for a great "laxative" when required!

Jina - good luck in the apt area - hope one comes up quickly so you can move in and settle down!

Star - hope your cough is better soon - sorry to hear Mr. Mucus is back...how disgusting that must be....leave him some nose plugs on his desk or something?

Had some tea this morning (and of course the high carb banana)...so far so good. Just had lunch - I was so hungry and scared to eat.....went to the cafeteria for a "tour"..got a vegetarian dish...veggies baked with egg...kinda like a quiche w/no crust..with salad on the side. Not too bad - ate about half of it - but there are high carb veggies in there mixed in with the cauliflower and green beans and broccoli (like peas and corn and carrots)...but at this point I am not being too fussy and hoping there are no bad or sudden "after effects"....also got a diet iced tea - somehow in the mood for something lemony... :dizzy: :dizzy:

Now my tummy is starting to rumble.....just great......I can scare everyone in the dr's waiting room with the horrendous noise coming from my stomach....I hope she prescribes something to help (or does the "pooff" thing and I'm cured...ha ha :lol: ).

Out of iced tea - and now I want more? maybe some water will do the trick?

Leaving soon to dr's appt - in the FREEZING COLD BLOWING SNOWY WEATHER - wish me luck. Wish I was home warm in my cozy bed with a good book and hot tea!

Froufy :( :p :tape:

Jamlinrich
01-13-2004, 02:30 PM
Hello Everyone! I'm awake and it wasn't much easier than waking poor Leenie's dd I can tell you since I didn't get to bed until 3:30am.

Spedmom- Goodluck with the plumbing. I am totally frustrated right now myself that just when you seem to build up any reserve of money something happens to suck it away but then I decided to see it as a blessing that at least you had it. I read once is that the definition of a crisis is when something bad happens and you don't have the money to deal with it. Congrats on the 180's!!
I was stuck in the 180's forever but I've finally broken free. I didn't say anything in case it was a fluke. But after two days it keeps getting lower. 178.6!!!
:cp: :dance: :cb: :fr:
I'm so excited. It just proves even more to myself that this works!!!

Leenie- I really feel for you and your dd this morning. I'm having a rough time leaving El baby-o for work so much myself. Starting on the 25th I'm working those 14 hour days(night shift), including sleep I'll only be able to see him a whopping 1 hour a day or so. I'm starting to feel like a bad mom even though I know it's temporary and I'm doing what's best for our family right now. It just kills me, breaks my heart and I...aaaarrgggh. Just hang in there. Sometimes we just have to do these things and they aren't forever to give our children better lives. It means you love them. Never forget that.

Jane- I found these Russell Stover chocolates that are .2g carbs each. You can have 5 for 1g carbs and they taste pretty good. Obviously not as good as godiva but good. They haven't given me tummy aches or poops or anything. A dish of those might help you stay away from the real chocolates. :T

Froufy- Darling! I'm so sorry your tummy hurts. That sounds awful. Hopefully you've gone to the doctor. I hate tummy trouble. Like girl part trouble, it's at your core and it hurts so bad. I don't have much advice, don't know much except get it checked out! Love ya, keep us posted. Maybe pepto? It's pink? :)

Jina- Poor thing! When you live in a place that gives you trouble it's a nightmare because you can't escape from it! My advice is to wait and find the perfect one. Don't be in a hurry. You will be so much happier. You deserve it.

Star- Ugh with the tampon mental picture even though I think of weird walrus'. I always wished there was a way to harness the power of mucus since the world creates so much of it. I know that's weird but hey... I'm weird.

Well, I'm off to shower for work again. I'm really excited about the 170's, mostly because that means that if the 170's are reachable then the 160's must be and then the 150's and so on and so on. The dream is real. It smells way better than coffee cake!!! Have a great evening.

StarPrincess
01-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Super, Jamie, Spedmom - way to go on the weight loss! :cb:

Froufy - darling, I know veggies are important, but you may want to eat less of them. Lots of fiber in those things and that can be adding to your problem! I still have issues if I eat too much lettuce :o

Well, karma is making it up to me for the psycho woman. I've had 5 people stop me today to tell me how great I look and 3 of them wanted to know more about atkins or said that they've been learning about atkins and are going to start it themselves! Wooo hooo!

Note on the SF chocolates - Russell Stover still used sugar alcohols, so be very careful with them and they're likely to slow your weight loss down or stall you out all together.

Now time for my confession. I decided to try the Atkins butter pecan ice cream. It comes in a little pint and I figured that just a little bite here and there would be nice. Well I bought it on Sunday and finished it off last night! :eek: It was so good and I am so bad! Naughty Princess!!!! I am no longer allowing myself near the ice cream aisle in the store. ;)

Jamlinrich
01-13-2004, 03:19 PM
Star! It's good that you're passing the word about the WOE. Although I don't think that it's for everyone I definitely think it's good for a lot of people, or at least a modified version of it.

It's good to bring up the sugar alcohols thing once in a while, especially if we have new people to let them know that there's more to the chocolates than meets the eye but I know that for the first month or two I kept going off plan to binge when I wanted chocolate because those endulge or the crummy bars they sell just didn't taste right. Plus I just wasn't willing to spend $4 and 3g carbs on a mouthful of chalk that didn't satisfy crap of chocolate cravings. I think if you are craving chocolate and you are on the verge of going on a binge, these candies can help as long as you only have a few around. If you eat a boxful, that defeats the purpose. We have to be smart princesses. How to rule the world if we can't rule ourselves? :)

Ice cream... what a dilemma... I've past by it a thousand times. I have no control. It sounds heavenly but I know I couldn't stop either. You'll rise above. For heaven's sake, you're a size 5, girl!!! YOu can splurge but only ONCE!!! We love you anyway. Whatever happened with that homemade icecream you tried to make?
Later gators.

meb1118
01-13-2004, 03:32 PM
This is the first time that I have been here, but I am really excited about this message board!!! I also joined the St Patti's day challenge! I am 23 and have been overweight for about 4-5 years now. I am ready to do something about this!!! I weigh 166 right now, that is after losing 4 pounds on Atkins. I am so excited about this! My dh is doing this with me. He has already lost 13 pounds! I am so happy to join in with this thread!!!

jane8760
01-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Welcome meb1118. This is a great place for support. Good luck on the St. Patti's Day challenge.

jdoggmartin
01-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Welcome, meb1118!! I'm glad you're here. Join on in! You'll find lots of support, information and fun here!

meb1118
01-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I have a quick question though, what is the equator track???????

StarPrincess
01-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Jamie - I never tried the ice cream recipe because I have yet to find an ice cream maker! Ah well!

Ok, and I'm not quite a 5 - I just found a pair that runs a little big so they fit just a little more snugly than a 7 - but I'll get there! ;)

Welcome Meb! I think you'll like it here. This is a good group and the support is lifesaving at times!

Woah? Did you guys see that? I almost slipped into abject mushiness again!

Ok, off to lunch! Mmmmmmmm chesse enchiladas!!! (I feel like Homer Simpson)

jane8760
01-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Burger King offers bunless Whoppers, low-carb meat saladsBy Richard Gibson, Dow Jones Newswires, 1/13/2004

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Burger King Corp. is joining the low-carbohydrate parade by offering bunless Whopper hamburgers and, soon, salads featuring steak, chicken and shrimp.

The bunless sandwiches, which will be available nationwide beginning Tuesday, will come in plastic salad bowls, with knife and fork.

Dieters also will be able to order Whopper meals that substitute salads for French fries and bottled water for soft drinks.

Burger King, the nation's No. 2 hamburger chain, suggests that its restaurants charge the same for burgers with or without the bun. Because most of its stores are franchised, the company cannot mandate prices in them.

While bunless burgers will be available in all 8,000 U.S. restaurants immediately, the new salad line will debut in phases. Those featuring chicken and shrimp will roll out in February and March, but steak versions won't appear systemwide until May.

"It took us a little longer to get the quality we wanted," Russ Klein, Burger King's chief global marketing officer, said of the sirloin steak strips option.

Burger King's introduction of low-carb fare follows that of some competitors. CKE Restaurants Inc.'s Hardee's and Carl's Jr. chains feature burgers wrapped in lettuce.

McDonald's Corp. restaurants in New York City have posters and brochures advising customers how they can lower their carbohydrate intake by modifying what they order. Wendy's International Inc. has similar nutritional information posted on the Web.

Burger King also is debuting a Web site, www.haveityourway.com, that shows how many carbohydrates, calories and fat each meal component contains.

One Midwestern Burger King franchisee who asked not to be identified said that customers had been coming into his restaurants for years ordering Whoppers without the buns, "so all we're doing is formalizing a process."

Burger King is owned by a group of investor firms, including Texas Pacific Group, Bain Capital and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners.

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

StarPrincess
01-13-2004, 05:17 PM
Isn't it interesting (and a bit unnerving) how everyone is suddenly jumping on the low-carb bandwagon? It bothers me a little bit because some of it is just totally misinformed. Remember KFC? Yeah, 11 grams of carbs for a chicken breast isn't that bad, BUT it's coated in white flour and fried in hydrogenated oil! That's very bad!

I heard a commercial yesterday for a vegan "sausage". They were pointing out how it's low in carbs - only 4 grams AND low in fat. Then they said something along the lines of "now you can eat low carb and avoid all that fat." Um, hello? Part of this woe (for me at least) is the realization the fat is not the enemy. Fat is my friend as long as it's not hydrogenated or a trans-fat.

I guess I'm just a little annoyed that because companies are willing to do anything to make a buck that uninformed individuals will actually hurt themselves while thinking they're doing a good thing.

BUT - BK's plan is fine with me! It would be fun to get a value meal without having to alter a thing!

StarPrincess
01-13-2004, 05:25 PM
Oh, sorry Meb - missed your post. The equator trek is our exercise challenge for 2004. The equator is about 29,402 miles around so we're collectively trying to get in enough exercise to equal that amount this year.

Activities that can be measured in miles like walking, jogging, rollerskating, etc., are pretty easy to count. For other activity, 20 minutes equals one mile.

If you'd like to join in, just add your name to the list and then add miles as you go. Remember to add them into the totals at the bottom of the list, too!

Karen - did I cover it all?

jane8760
01-13-2004, 05:33 PM
StarPrincess: It makes me a little nervous and annoyed also. I am worried that with all the hipe something is going to blow. I just hope it isn't bad because I would hate to have to hide in shame for being on Atkins....the only plan that has worked for me in years!

I kind of wish the restaurants would be a little more quiet about it...just do it...don't get into the marketing thing.

KarenW
01-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Honestly.. I dont think anything is going to Blow necessarily.. I just keep thinking about all the UNINFORMED Low Carbers out there. The fact that TGI Friday's Is backed by Atkins is a good thing.. but all these others out there that are calling themselves, LOW CARB worry me!

I have taken the tack that just because it is low-carb, doesnt mean it is Atkins Friendly.

angel-eyes
01-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Hey girls. Ohh my gosh....seems a few are under the weather. I hope the mucous stops flowing Star and that the uhh (you know) also stop flowing Froufy.

This morning I went to a middle school open house for ds. I was very impressed with the tour. After that I had a nice leisurely shop at Target....OMG all the new spring stuff was coming in.....and I just couldn't reisit......every one sit down.....I bought a zip up nylon wind suit in XL AND IT FIT!!!!!!! I am so pumped, I hate trying clothes on so I just held it up while shopping and then put it on when I got home,.....AND IT FIT!!!! I ALMOST **** MY PANTS!!!!! It is so nice....navy with royal blue and bright orange accents. I was soooo pumped that I actually got changed and went for a nice 2.5 mile walk!!!!! Sorry to tell you Froufy but the weather here was a bright sunny 60F. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT FIT!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!
For some unexplicable reason, I have always been a size smaller on top so I knew the xl top would fit but the pants?....WAAHOOO!!!

StarPrincess
01-13-2004, 06:27 PM
LOL - Congrats Angel-eyes!

I should clarify - Mr. Mucus is a real person - not just a name for a problem I'm having. Really - I'm pretty mucus-free. This guy sits on the other side of my cube and spends all morning and half the afternoon snorting, hawking, and hacking. It's one of the most disgusting things I've ever been subjected to!

jdoggmartin
01-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Congrats, Angel-eyes!!! That's great!!! :cb:

I'm sorry you have to deal with Mr. Mucus, Star. Mucus noises make me want to hurl. I have to watch myself if someone even blows their nose around me -- yuck! I can't imagine working by a Mr. or Mrs. Mucus! I really feel for you!

StarPrincess
01-13-2004, 07:08 PM
All I can say is thank God for headphones and loud rock music!

Theo'sgirl
01-13-2004, 07:12 PM
OMG, Star we used to have a recptionist that was like that at the vet and ooooooo she would do it into the phone while she was on with a client. Then she would (this is gross) "hawk up her clams" into the wastepaper basket!!! SSSSSOOOOOO Gross!

As for the fast food....I will stick with Carl's Jr. I am not a BK fan, every time I eat there I get a headache!!??? Must be some preservative they use......I do however, LOVE Wendy's and just throw the bun out and no ketchup on my 1/4 pound double stack!! and only 99cents!!

ANGEL!!!! congrats on the XL...YOu go girl!!

I went to the gym and now I feel a little bit better than before, i just hate that get on the scale and 2 pounds up!!! I have been sooooooo good! Oh well I gotta keep on keepin on!!! I was like a mad woman on the eliptical today and then did weights and every time I pulled up the weights I thought "get the **** outta here you 2 pounds you!!" I was the most determined woman ever!! I was WONDER WOMAN, Supergirl and A little Cat Woman all rolled up into one Atkins lovin' body!! ROFL!!!!

Spedmom
01-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Star: You are just an absolute hoot. I myself had a "Mr. Mucus" who worked across from me once. Swear to god....sounded EXACTLY like Felix Unger from 8-4 every day!

Angel Eyes: You buy a nice pantsuit and then get so excited you almost do a number in the pants? Now that's excited! Let's hear it for moving out of the women's section!

Okay.......after reading the more recent posts, here are my thoughts on the marketing of low carb. No matter how we personally feel about what a godsend Atkins has been for us, the "Atkins" name has become a brand and the corporation is out to make money. Other businesses see them making the bucks and, naturally, want in on the action. The "LOW CARB" marketing ploys by restaurants and other manufacturers count on there being an uninformed public that does not understand the difference in types of fat, the metabolic system, etc. Just think of it this way -- we're their worst enemy!!!!

Leenie
01-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Thanks guys !!

The one thing that bothers me about BK's burger is if you take a whopper, minus the bun and ketchup, the calories are a whoppin 400+ and the burgers are THIN!!! not very filling I might add. Guess they are mostly fat and not good fat.

I bet they charge more for the "low carb burger" then just buying the whopper and taking the bun off yourself.

BTW, I'd rather have McDonalds french fries then BK's any day LOLOL snort ~

The reason you couldn't view my picture was b/c I deleted it. I was just messing around w/the photo's and really didn't want to keep my mug on the site LOL... didn't wanna scare anyone hehe !!

Theo'sgirl
01-13-2004, 09:09 PM
Leens!!! I didn't get to see it though!!

Lekker
01-13-2004, 09:11 PM
Wow, so many posts today! I'm just going to be very lazy for the moment and extend a sweeping hello to all the wonderful people on the board today!

Welcome to the board, meb1118!

I think I was having sympathy-tummy-trouble this morning, but it seems to be gone now. I was working off-campus today, and experienced another French-learning lunch hour .... I think I learned that baguette in French means both "baguette" AND "chopsticks" (Froufy can either confirm or deny this). Let me tell you how I learned it... I was eating lunch and someone asked me a question, in French. I swear he asked me if I was capable of eating *with* a baguette. It seemed like a very odd question. The person noticed my confused face, and said 'chopsticks' in English to help clarify for me. However, I thought he was implying that his question had really been "Are you capable of eating a baguette with chopsticks?" That just confused me even more. I laughed and said "of course not! who can do that? ha! I never heard of anything so ridiculous! ha!" They had kind of funny looks on their faces, but I didn't really know why for the longest time until I figured out that they called chopsticks 'baguettes' during subsequent conversation. The question that he was really asking me was "Am I able to eat with chopsticks?" I'm such a doofus! Now I can see why they thought my answer was odd!! :)

It's getting nasty cold again.

So, work was a tad frustrating because I spent the whole day trying to figure out how to do something and, basically, I didn't. Grrr. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

Anywho, that's all for now ladies, but I might check in later, ciao, Julie. :)

Froufy
01-13-2004, 10:51 PM
Late night blatherings:

jamie - funny you should mention the PINK pepto bismol - doc says drink up and keep drinking!...congrats on the 170's....very awesome!

...and Angel Eyes - congrats on the new FITTING track suit, but please no mention of pooping in the pants right now! ha ha

Medical update: Dr. was puzzled by symptoms.....asked if I had eaten out before this happened or if I was travelling (just as I thought a foreign froufy attacking parasite! :s: )...she put the stethoscope on my tummy and could hear that gurgling and rumbling.....but I was starving most of the day!

Said it might be campylobacter - usually runs its course - but may take up to a week - I did get a blood sample taken and two lovely bottles with teeny, tiny spoons with which to take a stool sample (UGH! :o ).....otherwise: no dairy prods, drinks lots of water and clear tea (tannins good for the tummy). She did suggest the BRAT diet and I gently reminded her I was low carbing - she said some chicken and rice soup might be a good idea?

So as I was starving and no time to cook, picked up rotisserie chicken and PROCEEDED TO EAT THE FRENCH FRIES IN THE CAR WHILE DRIVING HOME...guess how crappy I feel now? Oh yes...follow that with a few marshmallow while preparing hot chocolate for kiddies - now my tummy hurts yet again and I am wondering how mentally defective I am to sabotage myself like this? Just tired and hungry I guess (and nauseous now - time for some more of the Pink Stuff?).

Lekker - I thought chopsticks were just "les chopsticks"...ha ha...will have to ask dh who is a francophone however he does insist my french is better than his - go figure!

A special PRINCESS welcome to Meb - sounds like you are doing great - and it's great that your dh is also joining in - much easier that way!

Now it turns out another ex-MBA buddy is working in my office - how ironic that I am leaving this week! Saw this name on a cubicle today and did a double take and almost freaked out - very weird (did I mention my new job was offered to me by another ex-MBA buddy? She and I worked on many projects together while struggling to complete our degrees!)...smal world I guess!

Time for another poop (hope I did not offend anyone!)....how about if I call it a Princess Poop (sounds much more refined dontcha think? :o :D :lol:

Need to get some rest tonight - time for RE-INDUCTION TOMORROW!

HRH Princess Froufy :queen:

angel-eyes
01-13-2004, 11:42 PM
ahhh...Froufy, you are soooo subtle... a 'princess poop' doesn't change the fact of what it is...LOL....even HRM Queen does it you know!! But if you must, then don the tiara!! Seriously, hope your campylobacter clears up. I was going to suggest chicken broth and what about your low carb tortilla's? Or an Atkins muffin? Hope you make it through the night.

Sorry Meb....Nice to meet you. I was lost in my own little world to have greeted you. That is so great that your dh is doing atkins with you. You do know that guys drop weight faster right?..don't get upset with him; he can't help it.

Leens......I just saw the commercial for the BK hamburger wrap. It had better be cheaper that the burger version!! Do they honestly think the patty is going to stay soooo nice and neat in that lettuce leaf? I was at McD's today and ordered 2 double cheeseburgers w/o buns. I was eyeballing the new premium chicken salads but I left my glasses in the car.....does anyone know if it is just the chicken or is it breaded?

StarPrincess
01-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Poor Poopy Frouf! :lol: That's fun to say! Ahem...sorry. Watch your fiber, baby! Don't want to make it worse! I'm sending dry-out vibes your way :hyper:

Angel-eyes - you can get the chicken grilled or breaded but go to their website first and check out the nutritional info. As I recall they're still a little high and the salad dressings are really high!

Well, tonight's low-carb adventure was turnip "fries". They weren't bad! Kindof mushy, and not something I'd do very often but they were still a nice change and went well with my lc fry sauce :D