Carb Counters - The yogurt question again

View Full Version : The yogurt question again

jane8760
01-12-2004, 12:28 PM
I asked this question once before on a thread but didn't get a response.....Can we or can we not have yogurt?

I am dying for yogurt and each time I look at the carb count I am blown away. I cannot find sugar free yogurt anywhere, just low fat or fat free which is not what I want. I heard that the brand Blue Bunny is low but I can't find it anywhere.

I used to love those Yoplait Whips! YUM. I know, I know.....I can't have them.

StarPrincess
01-12-2004, 12:57 PM
I read an article that argued that you can have yogurt because the carb count is wrong BUT you can't believe everything you read. ;) I would certainly say no to the yogurt especially in the early phases.

p.s. Just checked the Atkins website and verified. Stay away from yogurt until you're in maintenance!

jane8760
01-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks StarPrincess.....thought so.

Froufy
01-12-2004, 02:02 PM
I believe you can have yogurt in later stages of "ladder" once you are adding in carbs - however it is not true that there is a "magical" formula in yogurt - you do need to count all the carbs!

There are some other websites which have info on making your own yogurt - some have made it out of half and half to lower the carbs.

I have found a full fat plain yogurt which is 8 carbs per cup and will occasionally have 1/2 cup w/some splenda or sf syrup...very rich, creamy and filling!

Froufy:)