South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 09:29 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Monday on the Beach: Jan 12, 2004

It's almost 9:00am (Eastern) and no one has started a daily thread? Geesh....what are you chicks up to?

Oh yeah...the forum was down all night! I knew there was a reason for it!

I've already been up for hours, but then I am going to bed in just a few minutes so I don't suppose that really counts.

Ruthie, how is VM coming along? That is one show I would LOVE to see!

Would you guys believe what my youngest wanted to take to school to share as his birthday treat? Cake? Cupcakes? Cookies? No..No..No Fruit salad with whipped cream! So I rushed home from work to cut up mounds of fresh fruit and ferry 25 individual fruit salads to school. I'm not sure this kid is related to me. I would have chosen cake, cupcakes AND cookies at his age! LOL!

Well, I'm off to bed. I hope you each have a wonderful day. I am sending warm thoughts to all of you struggling with winter's chilly grip. Just think about that roaring fire and the company of good friends! That's what I'm doing these days!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:57 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and good night, Franny. It's so nice to see you here on the Beach again.

TVM is coming along fine. I have finally managed to control my voice projection in the weepy bits! Darn snow makes driving to rehearsals an adventure but I've been lucky so far.

It's nice to see the Forum back up and in the new version. The upgrade managed to fix all the time glitches too! Yeah, Suzanne!

Have a great Monday. I'm off to shovel the back deck as the Doggage will not be able to go out if we get another inch of snow to block the door. I need staff!

Would you Beauties suspect that I still have parts of my Christmas tree in the front parlour? I got Gail to move her Gail-day to Friday so she wouldn't be following Kevin around cleaning after him - an endless job. Kevin is just here now - late start is his norm - and has just blown a fuse for some reason! There's always something! Anyhow with no Gail coming this morning, I sort of lost my fly-lady incentive last night. Today the tree goes for sure!
Old 01-12-2004, 11:45 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 8"

Just thought I would have a quick look to see if the message board was back up and running.. It is 10:40 here and I still haven't had breakfast (I am so bad at that) but I am on my way downstairs to make those quiche cups. Today is day 1 for me and I am feeling awfully bloaty this morning. I fear the problem is going to be my TOM that will hit during this 2 week phase and me with no chocolate!!!!

Will check in later to let you know how my cups turned out.

Have a good one!

OMG!!!! I haven't stepped on my scales in awhile (still haven't bought the new digital one) but I did a few minutes ago to have a point of reference....273!!!! What on earth have I been doing? I am 5'8", but I don't think I can pull off carrying this kind of weight!!! Now I feel yucky!

Later

Last edited by chazmom; 01-12-2004 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:33 PM   #4  

Me again! I made the cups with canadian bacon and lf cheese. They weren't bad. I wish I would have known how bad the darn things stick to those muffin cups. Next time I will give a little spritz of Pam.

I already have dinner cooking!!! I took some olive oil, lemon, garlic and italian seasonings, blended together and smeared it under the skin of a whole chicken and placed it in the crockpot. I added some onions and a little chicken broth for it to cook in. Please tell me this is within the SBD limits for Phase 1. I will only eat white meat, no skin, yuck! so I will have a breast with some steamed broccoli with lemon, and a salad for dinner. I love the crockpot!

Was going to ask..are those butter flakes okay? You know, like Molly Mcbutter, or whatever it is called. I could not find the I can't believe its not butter spray, and wanted to make the fake mashed potatoes with cauliflower and was going to use the flakes for a butter flavor.

See ya!
Old 01-12-2004, 01:56 PM   #5  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazmom
Me again! I made the cups with canadian bacon and lf cheese. They weren't bad. I wish I would have known how bad the darn things stick to those muffin cups. Next time I will give a little spritz of Pam.
The same thing happened to me I'm gonna use pam the next time too!
Old 01-12-2004, 03:13 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Sorry... I'm napping. I don't have the energy to even READ the posts. I'll be back later, girls.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:09 PM   #7  

Okay, so I was off to a late start today with eating breakfast at 11! But as of right now, I have had 3 of the quiche cup thingys, and they left me quite full, around 2ish I had some ham and 2 mozzarella cheese sticks and a V8 juice. I have been drinking water too....I keep passing the oranges in my kitchen and they sure look tastey!

Dinner is cooking, the chicken I mentioned above, and I will have my veggies and salad. I bought some fudgsicle bars made with Splenda that are only 60 calories..I believe that is within my range of sweet things for the day.

I guess that is all!!
Old 01-12-2004, 08:23 PM   #8  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Evening, Chicks! I had a great day of deep sleep and am ready and rarin' to go! Good thing as I have to stay after work in the AM for a meeting.

Chazmom, sounds like you are having a great first day! Don't fret over the scale...get your reference then just put it out of your mind. Try to concentrate on what you are DOING, not on what you WEIGH! I know it is tough to do, but changing your focus can have a dramatic effect on your efforts.

Ruthie, I signed up for "Fly Lady" once...but all the e-mails just exhausted me! LOL! I mean, they actually expected me to get dressed first thing in the morning! I stay in my PJ's until it is time to get ready for work unless I have to go somewhere....one of the only advantages to working nights!

Ellis, hope you had a great nap...naps are wonderful things in my book.

Have a great evening all...see you tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:30 PM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Wow it was quite in here today. And what a day it was the pipe broke on me this morning at the commuinty center had to find a plumber and meet with him. He can't fix it til wed. We had to cancel the few things that we going on in there tonight and tomorrow. Then we had to call an emergency meeting for wed night. The only night that I didn't have to do anything. The joys of being involved. So I have had a very stressful few day. And I did manage to stay OP through it all. If anything I probably didn't eat enough today. I can't say that very often lol. Well girls I must go I need a shower and sleep in that order. Good night and sweet dreams
Old 01-12-2004, 10:06 PM   #10  

Thanks Franny...I am going to try and stay off the scale until next Monday!

So, am I just being a weinee, or should I not have the headache I am currently dealing with? I never get headaches and heard a rumor that you might get one for the first 3 days or so. Oh dear!

My dinner turned out quite nice. The chicken in the crockpot was great, it just fell apart. I pieced it out and added some FF cheese to it and let it melt on top, had some broccoli with lemon and a little molly mcbutter and a ceaser salad, no croutons. It was good. I just ate one of the sugar free fudgsicles I had bought, it is 60 cals and sweetened with Splenda. It was very very good, just a teeny tiny fake sugar taste so I was happy since I can't stand artificial sweeteners.

Still drinking water...Hope I don't drown!

Bye!
Old 01-12-2004, 11:01 PM   #11  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Hi, Beauties!

Sorry I didn't have time to pop in earlier. Busy day for me. Taught my Bible study class this morning. Went to the gym to exercise for an hour, and then stopped at the grocery to look for a few OP things. I found the tea that Jennifer mentioned the other day....Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red. It is really good!! Just great for these cold nights. I'm drinking a cup right now! And it is decaffinated!

I also picked up a copy of Dr. A's new "Good Fats Good Carbs" guide. It seems to be a really good reference book for lots of our questions. I did find something which caught my eye immediately....in phase 1 food list under Dairy...we can now have Low-fat or fat-free milk or soy milk, and also plain or sugar-free low-fat or fat free yogurt. I immediately stocked up on yogurt since I love it for breakfast !

Hope everyone has a good night's sleep. I'll talk more tomorrow!
Nighty night....
Sharon
Closed Thread