Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 02:59 PM   #1  

Default Valentine's Day Buddies-- Week 2

Well ladies

How are we doing? I am doing okay. Kind of nursing the night of to much drinking. Not puking or anything. But just kind of here.

I did go shopping and got lots of good food for the week or 2. I am doing laundry. I have a crap load of it. Cause I skipped last week.

Work is going to be a train wreck this week. And I am going to ready for it from day 1!

So many things going on. But I am going handle it.

And the 10 pounds are off come V-Day!!
Old 01-12-2004, 03:23 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies~

I see we got the new format back-cool! I didn't care much for it at first but grew to like it, then we had that crash.

Hope everyone's week has gotten off to a good start. I am so ready to get down and dirty. Okay, get down and get on track with this, not really get dirty. I know this week will be a better one for me and I hope for you all also.

Blu~hope you are feeling better from a night of fun.

Take care ladies and have a fun Monday!
Old 01-12-2004, 10:10 PM   #3  

Kathy, How was your first day on the new job?

dip
Old 01-13-2004, 10:23 PM   #4  

Sorry I have been MIA. DS wrecked the lap top so I had to reimage the whole thing. And then I have been working my butt off.

Hope to see you all soon!
Old 01-15-2004, 04:02 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Angry Hi Ladies~

Sorry for being MIA for a few days. This has been a crazy week. DS ended up in the emergency room, has to have surgery tomorrow and this buying a house is turning into a big hassle! UGH! But I guess the end results will be well worth the hassles now-right?? I am hoping so anyway.

Hope everyone is doing fine. Tomorrow is the big day ladies-WI! I don't think I will see a loss this week as I haven't really tried. I have planned on getting with the program so to speak on Monday. It just isn't happening with DH home and he goes back Monday.

Anyway, hope everyones has had a great losing week.

Blu~hope you laptop is fine and you got everything back to normal.

Robin~we are missing you. Hope things are well with you. I have been thinking about Matthew and his family also. I haven't been to the site again to check his condition-hope he is doing better.

Kathy~did you get the job? Here's hoping you did.

Same with you Dip~have you heard anything about the job at CURVES?

Well, ladies I have spent entirely too much time here and need to get off and get some laundry done. Take care.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:53 PM   #6  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone
Just dropping in really quick on my lunch break to say I am still here, missing you all and hoping all is well.

Oh and just a little thought, I am 5'9" and I love big chunky shoes. It makes me taller than everyone. Then they look at my shoes and not at me. (Subject before the crash)

Must run, but will be back later tonight.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:04 AM   #7  

Hi all:
Missing my WW meeting this week and next. My life is so busy. But I am watching my numbers on my scale. I am down 4 pounds this week. Love the idea!

Yes the laptop is fine now. I put it away when I am not home and DS is not to use it. I am hoping I can get the desk top up and then he can use that. Otherwise he can only use the lap top when I am home.

Today we are going to serve food at the homeless shelter. Should be intersting for DS (who has been a sassy butt) to see what happens when you have bad breaks in life.

Went out last night and did well.

Cristi- Hope DS is okay.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:07 PM   #8  

I upgraded to the 3 mile WATP tape today, woo hoo! I weigh myself tomorrow so we'll see how much I've lost this week. Even if I don't reach my V-day goal, I'm sure I'm going to FEEL way better.

This site has been great for me - thanks guys! *hugs*
Old 01-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 213/203/180

Height: 5'11"

Hey everybody! Sorry I have MIA, but have had a rough week!

I have been so devoted to walking on the treadmill everyday and have done pretty well on the eating too, but I have not lost an ounce on the scale. What is up with that. I have had so many people in the past week, including DH, ask me if I had lost more weight...they say it looks like I have, but I have not budged the scale. That is a little discouraging, but I will not give up. I know that it will move soon. I am confident of that.

I have been lurking everyday and keeping up with you ladies, just haven't taken the time to post. Glad to see everyone doing great.

Cristi, how is ds? I hope the surgery went fine and that he will be 100% in no time.

Kathy, I hope the new job is treating you well.

Monica, way to go girl! The three mile is a killer. I am so proud of you! Keep up the good work!

Well, gotta run. Gotta go doctor the horse's leg before it starts raining.. AGAIN!

Oh! By the way, Matthew is having good days and bad days, not sure of what the outcome will be yet....please keep him and his family in your prayers. It is amazing to look at the site and see that he has prayers and support coming from so very far away! It is awesome. Check it out if you have time....www.stablerclinic.com

Love ya!
Old 01-18-2004, 07:26 PM   #10  

Weighed in today - lost 1 more lb, for a total of 5 since I started.

Only 5 more to go for my V-day goal. The 170's are approaching, I can feel it in my bones, hee hee.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:17 PM   #11  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hey......

HELLO (HEllo, hello)?

Where is everyone?

Cristi how is your son doing? What did he have surgery for? I hope all is well with your family.

Robin how are you holding up? I have been checking in on Matthew. My job is treating me very well. Are you still doing well with the treadmill?

Monika how are you doing this week? Only 5 more pounds to go for your valentines goal. That must make you feel really great. Is that giving you extra motivation?

Blu how are you doing? How is your week going? How did your volunteering at the shelter go for you and your son?

Dip are you there? How is everything going for you? Any luck on getting a job?

Let me know how things are going.

Miss you all

Kathy
Old 01-22-2004, 08:31 AM   #12  

Hi Kathy and Everyone!

I'm just having a funky week. Not sure if it's my hormones, winter or what - just kind of in a fog. On target with food and exercise but the scale isn't moving, so I may have to cut-back on the cardio for a week or so, and then start up again. I hate these plateaus - so frustrating.

I'm so happy your new job is going good. No, nothing on the job front. Another frustration that people will have voice mails, and then not return calls. But I will get out and knock on some doors, soon. It's just been so cold and I've only been going out when I have to.

I swear I will answer PM's today. I'm behind on everything this week and need to get back on track with my household schedule.

How's everyone doing? I check several times a day to see if anyone posts.

I had a bittersweet moment last Friday night at my nephew's wedding. My own niece, who I hadn't seem since July, didn't recognize me. My older sister cried when she saw me. Heck, I don't even recognize myself lately - just amazed at the smaller body that was hiding under those big clothes. Lots of emotions come and go with this journey, and I hope soon you'll all understand what I'm talking about.

Have a great day - I'm gonna try!

Cyber-Hugs,
dip
Old 01-22-2004, 09:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 213/203/180

Height: 5'11"

Hi all!

I have been working my tail off on the treadmill and the scale will NOT budge. I am a couple of days late with TOM and I know that must have something to do with it. (No, I'm not pregnant, don't even think thoughts like that) Anyway, I will persist, and I know it will move eventually. I am getting to the point where I actually look forward to getting up and getting on it(you said it would happen, Dip).

Anyway, where is everyone? Hope everyone is doing great! It has been a busy week for me and I still have the blues somewhat, but this too shall pass.

Hope to hear from the rest of the gang soon.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:19 PM   #14  

Kathy - I have a feeling I'll just maintain this week. I slacked off a little bit. But who knows, I could be surprised!

Dip - *hugs* that's wonderful *hugs*

I picked up 3 new students this week (now I'm teaching 31 students per week!) so things have been busy. DH, my sis and I went to see "Big Fish" last night (amazing movie). And the alto flute I've been waiting for arrived today. It's so cool!
Old 01-23-2004, 03:29 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Angry Hi All~

Sorry for being MIA for a while. I have checked on the thread daily but wasn't much going on. Have also been busy with looking for a house and DS. He is doing fine. Didn't weigh in this morning. I have changed my weigh in day to Monday's now since this past Monday was my new beginning for starting over.

Formia~WTG on the loss!

Robin~glad to see you are doing fine.

Kathy~DS has his gallbladder removed. He had a bad attack last week and ended up in the emergency room and they found gallstones. He was lucky, this was his first and only attack rather than endure months of pain. The attacks can be really. really bad. My DD went through a couple of years of pain because she thought it was just a stomach ache. When we finally took her they thought she was too young so it had to just be a stomach ache or an ulcer. After several more attacks and several doctors we found one (our current DR.) who did an ultra sound and she had a bunch of littla gallstones, so she had hers (gallbladder) taken out at the ripe old age of 15. The same with me, I had mine taken out at 35 of course I dealt with the pain for many, many years. I had trouble for about 5 years and then nothing for many years and then it came back with a vengance. When I went in I was in the hospital for 5 days because of pancreaitis and jaundice brought on by the infalmed bladder. Now if there are no blockages they can do the surgery in one day and you can go home the same day. But the first few years everyone thought it was an ulcer and didn't want to do xrays or anything. Anyway, he is fine now. He goes to the Dr. Monday to make sure everything is okay and if he can go back to work. Hope you are doing fine and things are great with you.

Blu~hope things are fine with you. WTG on your 4 lb. loss!

Dip~isn't that nice when someone doesn't recognize you? What a feeling...Have you heard about the job?

Well, you ladies take care. I will try to check in more often. Have a GREAT weekend all.
Closed Thread