Carb Counters - It's The Little Things....

View Full Version : It's The Little Things....

StarPrincess
01-10-2004, 03:58 AM
So we were talking about this before the great server crash of 2004 and I'd like to keep it an ongoing topic. What little things are you noticing that are different?

Some of mine have been:
* Crossing my legs - and the crossed one almost hangs straight down!
* Wrapping a towel around me and it doesn't make that 'A' shape anymore
* My wedding ring slides all over the place

And tonight's contribution and the reason I'm online at all right now:

When I lay curled up on my side, I have a hard time getting comfortable because my knees jab into each other! I either have to stagger my legs now or put a little pillow between my knees. Talk about unexpected!!!

Leenie
01-10-2004, 09:42 AM
I haven't noticed to much, maybe a pair of pants is looser but thats it.

What I'm looking forward to is putting my wedding rings back on and walking with my head held high instead of looking at the ground. And being able to buy a Large instead of XXXXXXXX's

I wanna be able to ride my bike w/out feeling like a blob and embarassed, and I would like to take my dd to parks and go on rides w/her.

Theo'sgirl
01-10-2004, 01:11 PM
I can feeeeel my bones under my skin!!!!!! :) I love that!!

PLus I bought a new belt a couple weeks ago and now it doesn't fit anymore.....toooo big! Yippeeeeeeee I had to poke more holes in it!

My favorite store in the mall is called Torrid, it is cool clothes size 14 and up, well I used to have to look at only the biggest girl clothes and now I am getting closer to the smallest in the store...and then some day maybe I will be able to shop at Hot Topic again ( that is the skinny version of Torrid!) I am so excited!

rochemist
01-10-2004, 03:37 PM
None of my rings fit.
I am in between sizes in pants :p
I can turn over in the bathtub, and I can get all my body in the water except the boobage! :lol:

Miss Chris

jdoggmartin
01-10-2004, 04:20 PM
I mentioned this before, but I really like it -- my feet are getting skinnier! I never knew they were fat, but apparently they were. My feet look SO much better in sandals now, which is fabulous since I wear them all the time.

StarPrincess
01-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Ohhhhhhhh - TG - I love torrid and hot topic! I just recently discovered that I can't shop torrid anymore. We should go on a shopping date! DH works at Lloyd Center.

Leenie
01-10-2004, 04:51 PM
You know with all the weight I gained, my feet are still skinny, I look funny with skinny ankles and feet and a big blob on top haaaaaa.... OY :sumo: <---- exactly

:dizzy:

Theo'sgirl
01-11-2004, 02:43 AM
OH yeah SP we should go shopping... I love to shop! :) Wow your DH works at Lloyd Center, does he get discounts??

Froufy
01-11-2004, 11:54 AM
My turn:

Okay the silver bracelet watch that I can now wear as it doesn't cut into my skin and leave atrocious marks behind.....my wedding rings are not only spinning...but the other day (okay it was a very cold day)...I got them off and was able to CLEAN them finally in jewellery cleaner - very SPARKLY now!

I also notice a "dip" where my waist is supposed to be - yes I have a lot more weight to lost, but there seems to be something happening in the waist area and when I touch it there is this space that was not there before - but it still is pretty padded.

My shoes are also loose and I have invested in some insoles to help with this problem.

Many of my clothes that I was previously wearing are now fitting properly - meaning my blazers/jackets now button up, and are not bursting off of me......YIPPEE

Froufy:)

fullfig
01-11-2004, 01:39 PM
i had to stop wearing my wedding set about a month ago. i don't want to have it resized until i get all of my weight off. i can now bend over without pain to tie my shoes. i am pretty much halfway to where i want to be. i hope my feet get smaller. my feet grew while i was pregnant and never went down. i have talked with other women who have had the same thing happen though, even after losing weight. so, i'm not holding my breath.

star--body pillows help a lot with the knees and back.

jane8760
01-11-2004, 07:49 PM
I still haven't noticed much of a change....I even went shopping today and had to buy size 14's still.....the only thing that has changed is my top size. I now can wear some mediums were before I was always in larges. "The Girls" haven't gotten any smaller though....it must be just around my back.:lol:

supersized
01-12-2004, 12:51 PM
I can now squat down to play with my friends' toddlers, just sitting back on my heels and hold the position for 10 minutes or so without getting out of breath or having a headache. I too wish my feet would shrink some. Isn't it amazing how different our "little things" are?

StarPrincess
01-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Super - you're back!!! :dance:

My feet shrank! I went from a snug size 8 to a 7 or 7 1/2 now depending on the brand and shoe style

LoriAS
01-12-2004, 04:28 PM
This may be weird, but my thighs don't touch anymore when I stand facing the mirror!!! That was a big one for me for some reason!

I too have noticed a waistline reappearing!

StarPrincess
01-12-2004, 04:37 PM
No fair!!! I think I'm destined to always have thighs that touch.

danaelayne
01-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Torrid...LOVE that store. Love the online store too. We don't have a Torrid anywhere close so I have to get my Torrid fix from online.

I notice that I can wear rings now...that I'm down from my highest weight of 260. YIKES! But, I haven't noticed anything yet in the Atkins...got to give it time.

StarPrincess
01-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Oh I'm so happy! I just had the most gratifying experience of my weight loss to date!

There's this woman that used to live with my neighbor. She always acted like she was in competition with me even though I could care less. Always talking about weight and size and how she was smaller than me (I was a 16 and she was a 14). I hated that :tape:!!! Happily, she moved out about a year ago.

Well I was running errands with dh today and when we got home, she was over at our neighbor's house finally moving the rest of her stuff out. She saw me and the look on her face was priceless! I wanted to scream out "Yeah! Kiss my size six a$$!!!" OMG, it felt sooooooooooo good!

:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

Theo'sgirl
01-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Star!!! ROFL!!!! :)

lady_adnerb
01-17-2004, 11:23 PM
I had rings for my middle and ring fingers of BOTH hands. I had to take the rings off my ring finger (:( even my wedding set) and so I put the rings from the middle finger onto my ring fingers. :) DH gave me a diamond ring for Christmas in the size I usually wear before weight gain. But for Christmas I stuck it on and put my wedding rings back on and said I would NOT be taking them off because I WAS losing weight so they'd fit. WOOHOO!!! They fit!! I also have one (my mothers' ring) that also got put back on. I still have 1 more to go--but that'll be a doozy.

oh!! I also got to buy new bras in a smaller size. I don't think I shrunk any except around the waist. But I'll accept that for now. lol

StarPrincess
01-19-2004, 05:14 PM
Ohhhhhhhhh I love new bra's!!!

Kim - was it you who got the fabulous zebra bra??

Spedmom
01-19-2004, 06:07 PM
I've been holding off on jumping on this bandwagon because I haven't really noticed a lot of strickly "size" differences yet. But there is one very, very important change that I'll take in exchange for size 12's anyday. Please know I do not mean this to be in any way "offensive," but honestly dictates that I come clean. Hmmmm.....how to delicately put this.....

My libido is back, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to bed stuffed, with heartburn, and feeling miserable about myself. Funny how these positive warm fuzzies for oneself can translate into warm fuzzies for your hubby! Right about now my husband is doing the big "THANK YOU DR. ATKINS" cheer!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Theo'sgirl
01-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Sped, you are sooooooo funny! I have to say I feel better that way too, I even went out and bought something exciting to wear during that time too and DH loves it!! LOL

OOOh I can sit indian style and breath at the same time!!!! YYIIPPPPEEEEE

StarPrincess
01-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Shopping has gotten significantly more fun! Now I can buy what I like instead of just buying whatever fits! :D

And yippee for the return of libido! We had a conversation on that here a long time ago. It's wonderful!!!

lady_adnerb
01-20-2004, 01:13 PM
:s: This site is ALWAYS sooooo educational. :lol:

*makes notes to herself on what to expect in coming months* :smug:

Tummy Girl
01-21-2004, 09:00 AM
They are honestly the best kind, I just happen to forget this fact...well almost daily. So far my fab little things are
1. Plus size store, don't need them, forgot where they are in the mall, on purpose.
2. Had to get a softer mattress, hips bones, ribs, shoulders all started to get pressure sores (I know very sexy, yummy bed sores!) from the bones not having padding anymore.
3. Collar bones, back muscles, abs!, my jaw, being able to refer to my chin in singular fashion not plural.
4. Buying clothes I like (Yay Star I love this too!)
5. Having my thighs stop moving when I do.
6. Back fat (UGH!) gone
7. Shoe size down too, who would have thought, i thought me feet were always fairly skinny, go figure
8. Engagement ring doesn't fit, also makes people wonder why I'm not wearing it hehe :devil:

There's just so many, it's really amazing when you start to think about it, oh the new bras love that one too, I even went up a size, rib cage when down but they didn't, that's never happened before. This week particularly, almost like your neighbour one Star, my boss is about a size 2, 4 something tinny and she is fairly superficial as people go. About 2 months ago she told me I look "very in control of myself" and far more pleasing to look at (cuz I was an ogre before :p) . We all found this fairly humourous, she couldn't just give a compliment it had to be something you could take either way. On Monday, I was wearing one of my new size 12 outfits and she didn't even recognize me from behind and went to introduce herself till I turned around. I'm making her a special lunch today, does anyone have a good crow recipe I could borrow?

Tummy

StarPrincess
01-21-2004, 12:02 PM
LOL - I love yours, Tummy!

I don't have a good crow recipe, but I'm sure I could come up with a few that involve Ex-Lax :s:

StarPrincess
01-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Ok, here's one I just noticed this morning:

I have an old-style scale with a needle. When I used to step on it, the needle would do this big swinging back and forth thing until it settled on my weight. Now, the swing it almost gone. It's really weird!

Also strange was when I had lost 40 pounds. I stood on the scale and had dh push down on my shoulders until the scale went back up to my start weight. WOAH!!! That was an eye-opener! :eek:

Tummy Girl
01-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Star, I've actually done that with 2 20lb weights just for fun, it's amazing when you think about it, or 2 big bags of potatoes, I'd hate to see what 40lbs of butter looks like :lol:. New one for today, no more tummy roll, the roll thing over pants, gone. I no longer look like a sausage casing! It's been gone for awhile I guess but I just didn't notice till I got dressed today. Have on a form fitted shirt, sat down and no extra tummy pouch popping out. Today is gonna be marvelous I can tell already.

Tummy

Sha
01-23-2004, 09:45 AM
I have loved reading all of these. I just want you all to know I did a happy dance for each of you. Thanks for the smiles.

Tulip-Fairy
01-24-2004, 05:14 PM
All my rings have had to shift up a finger - and they are still able to spin!! My boots need insoles, i can feel my bones and my "love handles" don't hang over my jeans!!! I love the way i feel now, i'm never want to 'feel' fat again!! I have so much energy which has got to be the best bit...granted i don't do much excersie but i can run around at work and home without feeling the strain!

StarPrincess
01-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Tulip-Fairy! So nice to see you back!

I found a new game to play :D I was at the store today and tried on a pair of jeans that fit really well, but I decided not to get anyway. I was putting them back on the rack when I noticed that they had the same pair in my old size. I held those nicely fitting size 7's in front of the former size 16's. WOW - that was sooooooooo cool! Just seeing the comparison of what fit then and now was so much fun! ;)

tjw
01-25-2004, 10:01 PM
I had posted on the "original" thread for this that got "zapped" in the crash; just now getting around to 're-posting'...
As others have mentioned, yes, I too can actually feel BONES now. My God---I actually have a collar bone (not to mention a NECK!---and the tendons/ligaments in my neck are defined/stand out) and my elbows are POINTY! I can actually paplate ribs now too LOL! Feet have shrunk as many others have experienced.
About a month + back, I finally fit into a pair of jeans that had been packed away and forgotten about...for at least 18 years (if not more like 20 years...YES, I AM a packrat! but FWIW, they're in MINT condition, as I never liked them way back then, never fit right...now I'm wearing them and LOVE them!!)....
The past few days have been a great ego boost...Friday I got compliments galore from an acquaintance/'friend' that I haven't seen in awhile, she's been so amazed all along! Made me feel SO GOOD! Also from my friend who runs the feed store...I'm in there every 2 weeks, but "nobody" ever noticed or said anything til about a month and 1/2 ago...[so GLAD **HE's** noticing.... ;) ---read here that he is a HOTTIE and I want him lol!---he's also doing Atkins but he doesn't NEED to lose weight, go figure!]...Saturday I went to visit the parents of my best friend from high school---I was more or less their "other daughter" as I spent so much time there way back then...I hadn't seen them in about 2 or 3 years now...they were SO AMAZED and so proud of me! All "Ma" could say was that I just HAD to go see Beth (my friend/their daughter---who also over all these years has packed on the pounds). "Pa" just couldn't get over me, and kept saying that if I kept this up, he was gonna have to fix me up/find me an "ol' plowboy!" (Country girl here, ISO a good ol' farm boy ;) )...
I also look forward to every 8th week, when my very good friend (and "ex-sorta-significant-other" from '94-'01) comes to shoe my horses...me thinks MAYBE, JUST MAYBE he's seeing his mistake of marrying someone else now LOL ;)
Sorry for "straying" so...can you tell that I FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF!!! THAT is the BIGGEST "little thing" that has changed---how I feel about and SEE myself! I verily EXUDE confidence now! I won't be able to STAND MYSELF if/when I reach my ultimate goal LOL!!!

Tummy Girl
01-26-2004, 09:52 AM
Found a new one today, or at least noticed it today, my skin's not dry anymore, in fact it looks pretty darn good. I used to get all these dry patches on my arms but not anymore, my skin feels just fabulous now.

Tummy

StarPrincess
02-04-2004, 12:45 PM
I just looked at my driver's license and realized that I weigh less than it says!!! What a fun feeling after all these years of weighing 30-55 pounds more! :D

StarPrincess
02-12-2004, 01:22 PM
I put it on the daily chat, but I'm putting it here, too. I can wear my prom dress!!!! Yippee! :cb:

Tummy Girl
02-13-2004, 09:58 AM
I have one that I forgot to post awhile ago too, ty Star for bringing this one back up to the top. It's short and sweet: Gap jeans, size 10. And I haven't even broken the 160's yet, and quite frankly they look absoultely fabulous if I do say so myself and no tummy roll!

Tummy

StarPrincess
02-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Wow - that's great, Tummy! :cp:

Theo'sgirl
02-14-2004, 05:29 PM
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: Yeah Tummy!!!!!!

Yeah Star you prom queen you!!! :flame: :flame: :flame:

I can cross my legs when I sit some now!!! :lol:

hillary29
02-16-2004, 02:12 AM
These are GREAT! What a great thread :D

I can now cross my legs & do it all the time. Before I would sit like a guy.

My wedding ring is to big to wear

My feet have gotten smaller, and I have to buy new shoes, because mine are way to big

My watch that was SKIN tight in December now moves all around, and is really big on me

My under belly flap, stinky, raw rash that I would get ALOT is now GONE. Bye Bye stinky rash, I know I wont be seeing OR smelling you again :p

I love to exersize now, when before I would sit & watch TV for hours & not get my butt off the couch

I was picking my son up at school when an old friend who has NO idea I am doing Atkins, rolled down her window & yelled out "HEY SKINNY" and then she proceeded to ask me how much I have lost. It was great to have someone who did NOT know that I was on Atkins to notice my weight loss :cool: Of course I am far from being skinny, LOL! But music to my ears anyway

I discovered today that I can take my size 22 jeans that I was wearing January 2nd when I started this WOE, and slide them completely down without unbuttoning them, what an incredible feeling

For the first time in my life I am looking smaller than my really pretty sis, of course she is pregnant, but darnit, I am smaller ;)

I like looking in the mirror now

A Tommy Hilfiger t-shirt that I bought last year at a garage sale ( size XL ) that I was NEVER able to fit into because I was way to big, is now pretty baggy on me

I have more energy

My confidence is starting to build now, and I walk with my head up high

Atkins ROCKS!! Its definitley changed my life so much :)

lady_adnerb
02-16-2004, 10:08 AM
You all are doing great!!! I don't think I'll ever get to the being able to pull my pants down w/out unbuttoning them stage. I know the inches have dropped on my jeans (and my belly looks smaller-no longer 8 months pregnant looking) but I think the rest of me looks the same.

hillary29
02-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Brenda,

A month ago I never thought that I could just pull my jeans down over my hips buttoned, but with Atkins and EXERSIZE mixed together ANYTHING is possible, keep your chin up, you WILL get there :) One day at a time ;)

Shimma
02-16-2004, 12:59 PM
I went to my allergist today... and the lady who weighed me in said to me afterwards... "you know, I always look at the chart to see what people weighed last time they were in so I don't offend anyone by starting too high on the scale.... but I knew you didn't weigh anywhere near what it said so I started lower." I've lost 21 lbs since I was last there in July!! She told me good job and really praised me for losing that weight! It felt so good!

lady_adnerb
02-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Congrats Shimma!!!! Bet that felt great!!!

Trazzie
02-16-2004, 04:39 PM
I havent noticed any big changes yet.. except my socks dont cut off all circulation to my legs... they still leave the little indentations but not nearly as bad as it was a couple weeks ago.

Oh and I put on a shirt the other day that I havent worn in about a month.. I didnt have to stretch it out to wear it.. I just put it on.. then I walked into the diningroom and my youngest DD says. "MOM YOU LOOK WAY SKINNIER!" then told me my tummy doesnt look quite as lumpy :lol: Kids you gotta love em!

Theo'sgirl
02-16-2004, 09:40 PM
Tosay when I was working out I noticed I have a shape again!!! I am not just a blob anymore, I have curves and hips! I am turning into a woman right before my eyes!!! :)

lady_adnerb
02-17-2004, 09:30 AM
For all of you:

Spedmom
02-17-2004, 08:39 PM
-- I don't grunt when I try to get out of the car;
-- I don't grunt when I try to get out of the tub;
-- I dont' grunt when I try to get up from the couch;
-- I don't grunt when I......well, you get the point!!!
-- I don't have to sweep the crumbs off the bed before I go to sleep;
-- I didn't have a panic attack when my hubby announced we were going to dinner with some colleagues of his next weekend, because although I'm still overweight I am DEFINITELY no longer embarrassed by my weight.

Theo'sgirl
02-18-2004, 12:35 AM
:cp: :cp: :cp: YEAH PAULA!!!!!

StarPrincess
05-13-2004, 06:42 PM
I'm resurrecting this :D

I just realized that I can now wear my wedding ring on my middle finger. :hyper:

lady_adnerb
05-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Being able to wear the summer clothes from last year (that was too tight)...and have them too loose!!

marie.
05-19-2004, 02:53 PM
lol!- my toe ring keeps falling off.....

jane8760
05-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Shopping, shopping and more shopping!

Being able to wear last years "tight" summer clothes

Having your raggedy old over-alls actually be baggy now when you used to wear them to hide the weight!

Did I mention shopping for new clothes? :D

lady_adnerb
05-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Well dang. I want to go shopping for new clothes and have size 8 jeans! (I'm currently wearing loose/baggy 10's). But the time I got the guts to try on clothes...neither 8's nor 10's fit :(

lady_adnerb
05-22-2004, 12:26 PM
The seatbelt is no longer digging into my belly!!! :lol:

Theo'sgirl
05-22-2004, 04:50 PM
I can fit thru turnstyles and into lawn furniture with turning to the side or worrying that I am gonna break those cheapo plastic chairs!! (my butt fits in them now too!)

OOOOOO BIG ONE!!! I can swing at the park with the kids w/o the swing chains digging into my legs and bruising them! The kids LOVED that I swing at the same time as them now!

LoriAS
05-26-2004, 10:45 AM
I love being able to sit in my office chair and not touch either of the arms!

I'm amazed that I can buy clothes that fit and 6 weeks later need new clothes!

I absolutely love the fact that my dh can't keep his hands off me! (not that he couldn't before, but it just SEEMS like its more now, Big Bonus)

I have to admit that I love all the attention I get from co-workers about their amazement with my WL. However, it is still uncomfortable for me to accept their compliments.

StarPrincess
05-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Oh, Lori, I hear you on the compliments thing! It also weirds me out when people don't recognize me.

I just discovered that if I'm sitting, leaning back with my knees bent, there's always a gap between my thighs :D

lady_adnerb
05-27-2004, 08:35 AM
I want that gap between my thighs!!!! That's one thing I'm hoping I can look forward to!!

lady_adnerb
05-27-2004, 09:23 AM
I absolutely love the fact that my dh can't keep his hands off me! (not that he couldn't before, but it just SEEMS like its more now, Big Bonus)

^---Being able to keep up with those hands :smug: ;)

LoriAS
05-27-2004, 10:28 AM
The strange thing about the weight loss is friend's husband's hitting on me....now that is a strange new dilemma!

(Just thought I should put a disclaimer in that, it is nothing major and I always discuss it with my friends and they seem to just laugh it off. It seems their husbands are always that way it's just that now I'm fair game? Isn't that weird?)

lady_adnerb
05-27-2004, 03:08 PM
OH!! Not weighing enough for the lawn mower. I swear I mow the lawn and that dang seat just about bounces me onto the ground. :lol:

StarPrincess
05-27-2004, 03:16 PM
:lol3: That's the funniest mental image!

lady_adnerb
05-27-2004, 04:38 PM
:lol: glad I could help.

StarPrincess
05-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Ok, so I just compared my starting and current measurements. Measurements were each bicep, chest, waist, hips, and each thigh. Are you ready for this?

I HAVE LOST 58.5 INCHES!!!!!!!!!!! That's almost 5 feet of me gone! :faint:

lady_adnerb
05-27-2004, 08:31 PM
*watches Star become a tiny fairy*

oh tinkerbell :lol:

LOVE2C135
05-27-2004, 08:48 PM
That's almost your entire height! WTG!

jane8760
05-28-2004, 09:01 AM
:rofl: Tiny Fairy

StarPrincess
05-28-2004, 12:51 PM
LOL - I like that! :lol:

lady_adnerb
05-28-2004, 02:57 PM
LOL - I like that! :lol:

Hey...did someone hear someone talking? Anyone seen Star lately? She's disappeared to nothing

*in disapproving voice* "I TOLD her she had lost enough weight and she looked fantastic the way she was and she just wouldn't listen" :lol:

StarPrincess
05-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Is that why no one was talking to me today? :lol:

jane8760
05-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Yeah, that's it...........

lady_adnerb
05-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Sorry Star. I'm hoping my schedule settles down soon so I can start being online more and talking to you all more. then again, when I DO have time nobody's talking to ME :lol:

lady_adnerb
06-02-2004, 09:38 AM
Remembered something I SHOULD have added before :lol:

Watching the scale go DOWN instead of up!
Seeing the numbers change when I measure myself.

lady_adnerb
06-02-2004, 08:23 PM
One of my toothpick sisters came over today....she poked at my fingers and said "those things look like toothpicks"...then poked my arm and said "these aren't much bigger." hehehe....I'm waiting for the "you've lost enough weight haven't you" speech. :lol:

KarenW
06-03-2004, 02:06 AM
Ok.. I have one!

Today I had 3 people come up to me and tell me that I am looking so good. Ive lost the 40 pounds and cut 8 inches off my hair (2 weeks ago) Everyone is telling me I look younger!

I'll take that..! :D

StarPrincess
06-03-2004, 11:37 AM
You cut your hair???? I wanna see! It's picture time!

Lately, people have taken to picking me up. Not picking up on me - actually grabbing me and lifting me off the ground. Sometimes this involves carrying me around, too. It just makes me so stupidly happy. I love that I can be lifted and carried around without worrying that I'm going to break someone's back. :D

lady_adnerb
06-03-2004, 02:41 PM
OH!!! Jumping on DH w/out worrying I'll break something on him :lol: Being able to wrap my legs around him & have him carry me. ;) He hasn't done THAT since we were first married.

WOW!!! We're getting quite the list!!!

LOVE2C135
06-03-2004, 04:59 PM
I noticed this a couple weeks ago, and just can't get enough of seeing it yet. Every morning I curl my hair in the mirror, standing in my bra and underwear. And, as I lift my arms to curl the back part, I can see my rib bones in my chest as the skin moves with my arms. It's just so thrilling to see/feel bone!

I had the same reaction when I layed in bed at night and could feel my hip bones again. Still not tired of that either. They protrude more and more every week.

Lovin it!

LoriAS
06-04-2004, 08:53 AM
K - I'm right there with ya! I love to see the bones. Funny thing. I now get bruises on the insides of my knees if I'm not careful when working or working out because they are so bony!!!

StarPrincess
06-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Ok, I just ran into a former co-worker that I haven't seen in about 6 months. We almost didn't recognize each other as it turns out that he's been on South Beach, lost 50 pounds, and shaved his mustache.

Anyway, we talked for a little while about our WOE's, pounds and inches lost, exercise, etc. All of a sudden he looks at me kindof funny and asks me how old I am. I tell him 28 and his jaw dropped. He then tells me that I look like a teenager! OMG, I could have kissed him that very second. It's silly, but I'm all floaty and happy now. I didn't even look like a teenager when I was one! :D

LOVE2C135
06-07-2004, 02:41 PM
I love that! I still get carded every once in a while - about every 3rd time we go out. Nothing better!

lady_adnerb
06-12-2004, 01:39 PM
I just noticed my watch keeps slipping all over the place. It's on a regular leather band. I thought I had just failed to put it in the normal slot. Seems there's only ONE smaller and of course that one is TOO tight. So looks like I'll have a sloppy watch. Also noticed my wrist bones. WOW!! I haven't seen those puppies in AGES!! AND I'VE GOT FEET!!! I can see them when I look down. Which means not only did the stomach shrink but so did the hooters!! WOOT WOOT!!! hehehehe.

StarPrincess
06-12-2004, 02:01 PM
Wa-hooooooooo! :cb:

LoriAS
06-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Gosh this is all so exciting!!!! I have the same watch problem. I took some links out about 4 months ago and again it is slipping all around on my arm. Not to mention I bought some new shoes this week and they were a WHOLE SIZE smaller than normal. I didn't even realize I had fat feet :lol:

StarPrincess
06-24-2004, 01:53 PM
The strangest thing happened to me last night. I was sitting down and having a beer with DH when I happened to notice my forearm. The part towards my elbow is still way bigger than my wrist area. I was so disappointed! I glared at my arm for a minute and then poked at it. OMG - it's a muscle! I have a muscle there! And it's rock hard! I just about fell off the couch laughing - I had no idea there was a muscle like that there. :lol:

Theo'sgirl
06-24-2004, 02:41 PM
SP- i am getting that muscle there too!!! And on my wrist I can see those bones that look like a bump on the outside of your wrist. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

lady_adnerb
06-25-2004, 09:59 AM
Yup, muslces on my arms...AND calves. I used to always think my calves were cool (before gaining this ton of weight). They were toned. It's the thighs to the waist that was the turnoff :lol:

Theo'sgirl
06-25-2004, 10:07 AM
B- I was just checkin out my calves at the gym last night and they are BUFFED!! MUscle and hard as a rock! They always jump right back into shape, it is all that horse showing and riding I used to do forever, keeping your heels down all the time makes for strong calves I guess. :)

lady_adnerb
06-25-2004, 10:10 AM
lol. Mine was from weight lifting in school. I used to love the leg lifts. I could out-lift all the girls in my class. They were such prissy wimps. :lol:

StarPrincess
06-25-2004, 11:39 AM
TG - you must have done dressage ;)

Ok, here's my strange realization from yesterday:

I was looking and my before and so far measurements. Before, it was 42-37-47. Now it's 36-25.5-35.5 It hit me yesterday that my hips right now are 1.5 inches smaller than my waist was this time last year! :faint:

Talk about strange!

lady_adnerb
06-25-2004, 01:52 PM
You are doing SO great Star. You're truly an inspiration. I don't think I'll ever get as close to MY goal as you are!

StarPrincess
06-25-2004, 02:19 PM
What are you talking about, Brenda? You're only 11 pounds away from your goal of 130. That's only 2 pounds behind me.

Silly woman! ;)

lady_adnerb
06-25-2004, 04:05 PM
lol. I guess it just doesn't seem like my goal weight is attainable for me. :lol: It's much easier to think and see you all getting your goal weights and challenges while I stick at this weight. I keep having to remind myself it's to the "hard" part now. Where the body's not happy about letting go of the remaining fat. And that SOMEDAY it'll happen :)

StarPrincess
07-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Bumping this back up. I know you guys have some more to add!!!

I don't know if I've mentioned this one before, but unless I'm very careful about positioning, my knees get very sore when I sleep on my side - there's not much cushion anymore ;)

StarPrincess
10-28-2004, 09:50 PM
I got my first pair of knee-high boots ever! Yippee!!!!

marie.
10-28-2004, 11:08 PM
The cheer outfit I had to "hold together at the top" ( we all know this move right?) to get zipped, slid on and zipped like a breeze...and tomorrow I wear it!

lady_adnerb
11-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Another resurrected topic.