Support Groups - College Gal Buddies! Bios!

View Full Version : College Gal Buddies! Bios!

Girlie
03-25-2001, 03:57 PM
Heya! I hope you all don't mind that I moved the thread!

Girlie
03-25-2001, 04:02 PM
UserName/RealName: CharlotteSometimes/Kimberly

EMail: kimberly.brown@lc.ca.gov or toridmod@hotmail (but I only check the 2nd
one once a month or so)

Marital Status: no way!

Children: no, no, no!

Pets: A cat named patches and a dog named Molly

Hobbies: reading, listening to music, going to shows, surfing the net, shopping on
ebay, garage sale hunts, etc.

What celebrity would you say you look like most?

A lot of people have likened me to Drew Barrymore, and sometimes Rose
McGowan, depending on what my hair color is that day! I don't see either one,
though. I think it's just the round face....

Weight high:

Weight currently:
175(ish....I have an unreliable scale)

Weight goal(s):
135-140 (I remember my sophmore year in high school when I was 138, and it
was damn near perfect for me)

Height:
5'8''

What sort of program are you on?
I dabble in WW, but I just follow my on plan mainly

Comments or suggestions?
I think it's a great idea to go to the club forum....it would help me so much to keep
in contact with all of you!!!

Also, I would love for people to start posting their meal plans for the day. It will
give us all ideas of new things to eat, and it will keep us on track knowing that we
have to tell each other all the good (or bad) stuff we ate!! It's encouraging!

If we do stick together as a group, which I would love to do....we ought to have a
name, shouldn't we???

Anything interesting you want us to know about you?
I don't know if I'm all that interesting....I love The Cure and Tori Amos, and I'm
majoring in Art History.

Biggest problem with your journey:
I talk myself out of it all the time....I convince myself that I can have something
bad....and then I think I've messed up so badly that I keep eating junk for the
next few weeks. I have to remind myself that every day is a new day....

If you want to be reached...
My email address or AIM (ChaRLit SuMTymz)

Do you have a homepage ? (and if you do, can we see it?) Nope, sorry! Don't
have one....

Have a great day everyone!!!!

~Kimberly

Girlie
03-25-2001, 04:05 PM
Ok, so here's mine!
UserName/RealName: Seren Dee/ Seren

EMail: serendee@yahoo.com

Marital Status: Nope

Children: not yet!

Pets: A cat named Shae

Hobbies: Reading, Boy-watching (they should seriously make that into a sport!!),
photography, and anything music!

What celebrity would you say you look like most? I've had people walk up to me
and tell me I look like Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks, but I just don't see it.

Weight high: 250

Weight currently: 223

Weight goal(s): 135-140

Heoght: About 5'5"

What sort of program are you on? Weight watchers since April of 2000

Comments or suggestions? I think I've had my fill of suggestions for one day!

Anything interesting you want us to know about you? I have several... but we'll
take it slow! My name... that's what I choose for today's topic!! My name is my
father's fault!! He wanted to name me Serendipity.He got that because it's the
name of a princess in a fairy tale... something like "The three Kings of Serendip"; it
also means that you expect something but you get something better. (They
thought I was gonna be a boy! ) My mother decided the "Seren" can stay, but
the "Dipity" had to go! Thanks mom!! You wouldn't believe the nicknames I've got
going on!!

Biggest problem with your journey... I have difficulties staying on track. mainly
because recently, I've been getting depressed and all I wanna do is eat it seems
like. Then I get mad at myself and all I wanna do is *not* eat!!

If you want to be reached.... serendee@yahoo.com; aim: loopy chick26; yahoo
messenger: serendee

Do you have a home page? (and if you do, can we see it?)

Thanks for taking the time, and I hope you guys find these helpful in getting to
know eachother better!!

I hope everyone is having a good OP day!!

Seren Dee

Girlie
03-25-2001, 04:06 PM
UserName/RealName:

EMail:

Marital Status:

Children:

Pets:

Hobbies:

Weight high:

Weight currently:

Weight goal(s):

Height:

Comments or suggestions?

If you want to be reached...

Do you have a homepage ? (and if you do, can we see it?)

Girlie
03-25-2001, 04:16 PM
UserName/RealName: Girlie/Naomi

EMail: ninfan91@hotmail.com

Occupation: FT job in Internet Communications/PT Student maj. in Advertising and Marketing

Marital Status: almost married!

Children: **** No

Pets: 6 month kitty named Winston

Hobbies: Poetry and Girlie Rock - Tori Amos, Julianna Hatfield, Ani DiFranco, Paula Cole...
(and other stuff like the Lemonheads, Moby, Prodigy, Train, etc.)

What celebrity would you say you look like most? None. Really.

Weight high: 211

Weight currently: 204

Weight goal(s): 155

Height: 5`4

What sort of program are you on? - One I made up.

Comments? - I'm in to shopping and fashion too!

Anything interesting you want us to know about you? - I'm black and Japanese

Biggest problem with your journey: My busy schedule and snacking at work!

If you want to be reached... Email me!

That's it. I hope the rest of you follow!

Seren Dee
03-25-2001, 11:21 PM
Hello, everyone. Just an update on me... I have my own little space on the web now... it's www.geocities.com/serendee/Princess_Seren.html

I hope y'all enjoy it:)

Seren Dee

Blonde_in_BC
03-26-2001, 01:38 AM
UserName/RealName: Blonde_in_BC/Jodie

EMail: jodieridley@hotmail.com

Marital Status: Engaged (getting married in Oct)

Children: not yet

Pets: a dog

Hobbies: scrapbooking, crafts, reading, listening to music, watching tv and spending time with my family and friends.

What celebrity would you say you look like most? Meg Ryan

Weight high: 210

Weight currently: 210

Weight goal(s): 145

Height: 5'1

What sort of program are you on? 1-2-3 Weight Watchers

Comments or suggestions? I'm always around so if you need someone to chat to, let me know.

Biggest problem with your journey: I can't seem to focus.

If you want to be reached... I'm on ICQ (7566640) and MSN Messenger.

http://members.tripod.com/andrew_jodie
Feel free and visit!

Blonde_in_BC
03-26-2001, 01:43 AM
Hi Ladies,

I'm glad we moved to a new location. It makes it so much easier to find our thread. Its so great to see the thread growing :)

I haven't been following my plan for the last couple weeks. I really hope that I can get myself back on track. I don't really know what my problem is, I just can't focus on what I should be doing. Life is a bit on the hectic side. This week is going to be good...I can feel it!

I hope that everyone had a good weekend and I hope you have a successful week.

Jodie :)

UFgirl
03-26-2001, 11:27 AM
UserName/RealName:
UFgirl/ Meagan
EMail:
meagandonnell@hotmail.com
Full-time student
Marital Status:
Single, boyfriend of 2 1/2 years
Children: no

Pets: 1 cat, Zoe

Hobbies:
hanging out with friends, playing tennis, reading
People have told me I look like Winnie from that old show the Wonder Years
Weight high:
Weight currently:
Weight goal(s):
Height:
5'8"
WW
Comments or suggestions?

I love kids and am in a 5 year bachelor's/master's program for elementary education
staying motivated
If you want to be reached... e-mail

I don't have one.

CharlotteSometimes
03-26-2001, 06:29 PM
Hey girls! I had a wonderful week last week. I stayed on plan really well. I still need to focus on the water though. Just can't drink enough. I read threads and newsletter and success stories with all these people who are drinking 90-something ounces a day....wow. I'm working on the 30's right now. Anyhow...remember how I said my scale isn't all that accurate? I weigh myself at a friend's house from time to time to get a better idea. I weighed myself last night (which is the worst time to weigh yourself) and the scale said I had lost 2.5 lbs!!!!!!! Then I weighed myself on my scale this morning, and it said I had lost a total of 5 lbs.....so I'm just figuring it's somewhere in the middle there....about 3 lbs or so!!!! I feel great. I've never ever lost one single pound on a diet before. I think you guys are really helping me.

Jodie--
I'm sure you'll have a great week. It's so much easier when you have each other to talk to. Hang in there, and you'll do fine.

Seren Dee-
Don't worry about your name. That's silly. I think it's kind of pretty....and I'll probably check out your website soon!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful OP day!!!

~Kimberly (start/loss goal = 180/175/172 138)

P.S. I love to hear of new ideas for things to eat (inventive, quick recipes, etc.), so if you guys have any, I'd love for you to share them with me!!!!

Seren Dee
03-26-2001, 08:08 PM
Charlotte-- Congrats on your 2.5 down!! That's terrific!

It seems that no matter what I do, I stay at exactly where I have been! :( People try to comfort me by telling me that after you lose so much, you reach a plateau and no matter what you do, it's not going to help. I don't want to hear that. And does it really last like 6 months? No, I think it has something to do with my ability to stay motivated. I think I *am* gonna start posting what I eat and let you guys criticize... it may help me stay OP. But not today. Today was bad!

I hope to hear from everyone soon, and I hope everyone has a good OP day tomorrow!! I must go study now!! Bye!

Seren Dee

Blonde_in_BC
03-26-2001, 09:41 PM
G'day All,

Congrats Charlotte :)

Seren Dee, I've been through what your experiencing. I know that its frustrating. Here's a suggestion, why don't you try something different...try a different type of exercise and change what your eating. I know that I tend to eat the same things all the time. Maybe if you change your menu around it may help. Are you using all your points? I've learned that if you exercise alot and only eat to the base level, your body ends up working against you and you don't lose weight (hopefully this makes sense.) But most of all try and keep your spirits up. I know its difficult, I'm struggling myself. Just remember we're here to help :)

Tomorrow is another day, success is around the corner!

Bye for now,
Jodie

Blonde_in_BC
03-26-2001, 09:43 PM
I forgot to say...I like your name! There's nothing silly about it. And your webpage is great!

Jodie :)

Seren Dee
03-26-2001, 11:14 PM
Thanks for everyone's support!! I may seem whiney for awhile because I'm just not happy with myself recently... with the decisions I've made as far as my weight issues.

As for the name thing... I wasn't complaining:) Until I was about 15, I hated my name. Y'know, I was in that stage where no one wanted to stick out. But since then, I've had so much fun with it!! I've been called everything from "Seren", which is my actual name, to Seren Dee, which is my first and middle, to serendipity and Serendipity-do-da. It's ok! Anything to be different!! ;)

Thanks for visiting my page, guys!!

Seren Dee

CharlotteSometimes
03-27-2001, 05:04 PM
Hey girls!

Hope you all had good days. Mine has been okay so far, I haven't had anything except for coffee and water so far. I think I have to start paying more attention to WW points, even though I'm on my own diet. I don't want to not eat enough, and have my body work against me. That ruins the whole point of this hard work! I also need to exercise more, but it's so hard to find the time, between school and work and hanging out with friends. So far, I've only been lifting weights for a few minutes every other night or so, and riding my bike maybe once or twice a week for about 30 minutes. I think I'm going to start taking the stairs instead of elevator at work...

Anyway, after classes today I had an hour before work, so a friend and I went to this shop called Prevues. It's basically a trendy thrift store, with lots of club clothes and vintage stuff (though I'm WAY more into the vintage part of it). It made me kind of sad because I knew anything I tried on would look ridiculous on me. Sort of the "better on the hanger" syndrome. In addition to that, I don't know if any of you have this problem, but I'm VERY insecure and have always been considered a slight tomboy....because of my attitude and the fact that I don't have the guts to wear a dress. I feel silly. But the thing is, I would looove to wear skirts and little cute dresses, but everyone has just come to know me as I am, and I'd feel so stupid. I wish I had the courage and the confidence in myself. Maybe this diet will help that....and all of the water will clear my skin up (I've been breaking out pretty bad lately)!!!!

Even though it made me sad, it helped push me toward my goal to not only lose weight, but to feel more comfortable with myself in general. And with that said, I hope all of you girls find it in your hearts to do the same for yourselves!!!!

Have a wonderful day,
~Kimberly

Blonde_in_BC
03-27-2001, 08:45 PM
Hi everyone,

Well its been a good day so far. However the day is not over yet :)

Hey Charlotte have fun shopping, I love shopping at thifty kinda stores, its so much fun. And I agree, we all need to have fun :) In fact, my sister and I did a girlie thing this passed weekend...we had acrylic nails done. Its great! Its amazing how something like that can make you feel good about yourself. And feeling good about yourself helps you to follow your diet, eating plan..whatever, because you become determined to succeed.

So I hope everyone gets the chance to have fun this week!

TTFN,
Jodie

Seren Dee
03-28-2001, 08:37 AM
Hey, guys! Well, I lost 3 lbs yesterday! Yesterday alone! I tried to drink some apple juice, but it didn't stay down!! So, all I had yesterday was two Sprites and a rice cake!

So, anyway, that's my update!! Ok, I'll talk to ya later!!

Seren Dee

Blonde_in_BC
03-28-2001, 01:08 PM
Way to go Seren Dee :)

Keep up the good work!

Jodie

Girlie
03-28-2001, 05:54 PM
Congrats on all of your progress! Even falling down is progress, as long as you get back up!

Charlotte: When I was your age (not that long ago!) I was a real tomboy too. Now that I'm older and have more money and a more professional job, I don't thrift shop too much, but I totally understand what you mean about being insecure. You know, I bet you look really great just the way that you are now, especially since they say you look like Drew Barrymore, and that you're tall. 180 isn't bad at all, so I'm sure you'd look great in a skirt! I'm short 5'4 and like to wear skirts but not look tomboyish. If you want to transition to skirts, start with long skirts. I love my long dark denim skirt. It actually drags on the ground in back and I wear my Dr Marten boots with it and most of my skirts. That way, I'm still comfy but looking feminine too. That's the thing I hate about skirts - the dressy shoes and the fact that my legs are so short!

But, start out just making little changes like that. I'm still a tomboy at heart and will never fall into the "corporate woman" thing, but just be comfortable, whatever you do!

Girlie

Girlie
03-28-2001, 05:59 PM
When I first got to college, I felt weird about everyone assuming that I'm a total tomboy too, but I didn't want to be known for just that. So I changed...I would one day be a total tomboy, then the next day, be a girlie girl because that's what I am (hence, my name!). I remember I had this knee-length shiny midnight-blue satin dress that fit my hourglass figure well. I'd wear white tights, mary jane shoes and carry a handbag. I also had this short, fitted fake fur coat that I'd wear. It was really funny because I'd even straighten and bob my hair!

It was so hard for me to do this the first time, but I got used to it and the compliments!

Anyway, sorry for rambling!

Girlie

CharlotteSometimes
03-28-2001, 07:53 PM
I didn't do so well last night, guys. I had a long 10 1/2 day at work plus school yesterday. But the end of the night, all I had that day was some coffee and a Subway 6-7 point sandwich. I convinced myself that after all that hard work, I "deserved" to be bad for dinner when I got off. I went to Denny's and ate this egg and cheese sandwich, plus country fried potatoes, which I drenched in cheese and ranch dressing!!! OUCH!!! Considering I had about 11 or so points left in the day, I probably went way over that, about 17ish or so. The worst part was, my stomach had shrunk, and I couldn't finish the meal, but instead of listening to my body, I forced myself to clear the plate!

But I started out today right back on schedule. I had water and two rice cakes, then headed to Subway on my lunch break. The woman there told me that the horseradish sauce for the roast beef was lowfat, so I believed her. Silly me, I checked out the Subway website and the sauce alone is 3.25 points!!! My sandwich is almost ten points. I did my best to scrape off the sauce with a napkin, so I'm counting it as 9 points. Just means I have to watch it for the rest of the day....

Thank you so much Girlie for your encouragement with my "I want to dress feminine" complex. I'm feeling better about it with this diet thing. Just from eating better, not even losing weight, I automatically feel lighter on my feet, if you know what I mean. I don't feel so bogged down by all the heavy foods I used to eat. That's another thing--when I ate that horrible meal last night I came to this awful realization: I looked down at that plate, swarming in grease, cheese, and ranch dressing, and realized that I used to eat like that EVERY meal. I think I'm really realizing a change in my lifestyle, girls.....it feels great!!!!

~Kimberly (Keep drinking water ladies!!!!)

Girlie
03-28-2001, 09:15 PM
Kimberly: Good. I'm glad. Just remember, it's okay if you fall down, it's even better if you admit it, and it's even better yet if you get right back up.

I can understand what you mean with the whole "rewarding yourself" dilemma. I work full time too, and have classes, and it's really tough.

I have a question for you: I think you said you sort of follow WW, and do your own thing, is that correct? I'm the same way. I know most of the points in my head, and am using it as a guide. I want to be able to lose weight but not have to stick to my journal for the rest of my life.

What types of foods do you eat? If you're like me, we're both on the run all the time. Do you think you eat foods that you know are low in fat and try not to eat much? Like you said you had water and two rice cakes for breakfast. Does that actually fill you up, or do you eat it because it's quick and you know it's low in fat? Just wondering....I found that I have to eat meals that are filling...otherwise, I get hungry again really quickly and then start snacking! I am a huge chocolate fiend, and if I get in the mood for chocolate and I'm in between meals, I eat a Slim Fast bar. It totally satisfies my cravings and makes me thirsty so I drink a couple of cups of water from my mug here at my desk after I eat it. Then, I'm full and don't have to eat for a while.

Anyway, I don't know where that was going, but chill out. You're doing fine! I'm a real snacker, so I don't usually eat meals (usually one good meal a day) but I snack a lot. I keep canned fruit, pretzels and energy bars in my desk drawer, because work is where I have the hardest time controlling my eating.

Have a good night!

How is everyone doing?

Girlie

Blonde_in_BC
03-28-2001, 09:15 PM
I think most of us have been there Charlotte. Sometimes its a difficult choice between what tastes good and what's good for you :) I've been there too many times!

You must be pleased with yourself for the changes you have made. And by noticing when you are slipping into old habits.

It's won't power...not willpower :D

Jodie

CharlotteSometimes
03-28-2001, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the help, guys!!! I'll do my best to be good when I'm off work tonight!

Girlie--I am on the go all the time. I really haven't had a chance to take full advantage of this diet just yet. Between school and work, I'm not home enough to cook for myself. I generally eat out all day long, which makes it tough, which is why I can't eat very much at all. I'll have a jamba juice (which I found out isn't that great for you) or bagel in the morning, and if I don't have time, I'll grab coffee or a juice and a banana or apple. Then I don't eat again until 1 or 2 at work. I have subway, or frozen WW/Healthy Choice meals I bring into work with me. I drink lots of water, and carry a bottle with me at all times. It really helps fill you up when you're feeling empty. Then, when I'm finally off work, I usually make some tomato soup or have another frozen meal....if I've been really good that day, I have enough points to go to Taco Bell and get a bean burrito and a side of rice, or I have a grilled chicken sandwich from some fast food place.

I'm getting ready to move out of my mother's house in the next month, and I'm really excited. I'm moving closer to my office (downtown), so I'm going to either walk or ride my bike to work everyday. I might also do that for classes, because school isn't far from downtown either. That'll be good for exercise. And I'm hoping that when I move out with my boyfriend, he'll cook me some meals to take with me to school and work. He's a great cook, and he loves to do it!!! I'll pack lunches in tupperware so I can have more variety, because I know eventually what I'm eating now will get really old and I'll start straying from the diet. I also bought a George Foreman Grill and a vegetable/rice steamer that I can't wait to use to make fresh dishes in my new apt.!!!!

Sorry this is so long, everybody.
Anyways, Girlie, if you have any ideas about eats that you'd like to share, I'd love to hear them. I'll let you know new ones when I come across them!

Until tomorrow,
~Kimberly

Seren Dee
03-29-2001, 12:12 AM
Hey, everyone! Wow, the thread was a busy place today!! I'm feeling much better now... I'm at least able to keep things down!! I probably ate more than I should have, tho, because I'm still not feeling 100% when it comes to keeping stuff down. Oddly enough.. I was kinda hoping it would stay that way, because otherwise, I feel fine. That way I wouldn't have to worry about eating too much!!

ANYWAY!:) It's late and I have midterms tomorrow, but I just wanted to stop in and see how everyone was doing!

I hope everyone's having a gread OP day!!

Seren Dee

Girlie
03-29-2001, 04:10 PM
You all have some really good tips.

Kim,

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I finally moved out last September and bought a house. I bought a GF grill too, and a veggie/rice steamer too...and I gained 20 pounds! It thought it would be so much easier living on my own, but it was harder for me, because along with my school, work and keeping the house and cat in order, I had no time to cook.

Lately, though, I've decided to keep junk food out of the house...when you start really grocery shopping for yourself, everything looks good in the grocery store! I do a lot of shopping in the health food store, and though it's more expensive, I don't buy meat anymore or cookies and things like that, so I figure it would even out anyway.

I think stocking up on HC or WW Smart Ones meals is a good idea. That way, if you're hungry and want a good meal, you'll always know there's something at home to eat and you won't buy any fast food (and save money).
If your apartment has an oven with a broiler, take advantage of it! I love fish, and I can just throw a piece of fish in there, along with a few stalks of asparagus, sliced carrots and squash, and in less than 15 minutes, I have a whole, healthy meal.

Seren Dee:

I'm sick too, but I don't usually have much of a problem eating when I'm sick! I suggest to make sure you do try to eat something. You said the other day that you only had rice cakes and you lost weight that day....it's good to lose weight, but it's not healthy that way. Also, you'll gain it back just like that as soon as you start eating again...
Anyway, just thought that might help.

Hope the rest of you are doing well...

I hate OJ but I'm drinking it now (pulp free)...it's so gross....

Girlie

Girlie
03-29-2001, 04:16 PM
For Kimberly and everyone else who's on the go..

I like Subway too....many times, I get a foot long sub. I'll eat half for lunch, and when I am off of work, I'll know I have the other half in the car. I think it's the turkey sub w/o chese that's 5 points? So a whole sub is 10...Even if I get hungry at work again, I'll nibble on the other half.

I don't know what time you're off of work, Kimberly, but I am off at 9pm every night. One habit I'm trying hard to break is eating anything after I'm off. 9pm is pretty late to be having a meal, for me. I have been going to the gym right after work, and it's almost 11pm when I get home, so naturally, I'm tired. I just shower and hit the sack and try to avoid the kitchen! At least after I work out, I know the metabolism is working and it helps me stay away from more food to waste all the exercise that just did. Living alone gets lonely sometimes, and many times, eating is the only thing to do! Just keep that in mind! I really thought it would be easier...I'm sure you'll do much better than I did!

Girlie

CharlotteSometimes
03-29-2001, 06:03 PM
Hey guys! I was back on track yesterday and ate right. Went out to The Ol' Spaghetti Factory with my mother, and ordered a kid's plate of spaghetti with marinara and a diet coke. I even skipped the butter and just dipped my french bread in the sauce from my pasta. So far today, I haven't eaten anything...which is bad, because I'm starving! My break is at 3:00 so I'll probably head of to Subway, and I'll think I'll follow your example, Girlie, and get a foot-long and save it for dinner!

Anyway, I don't know if you guys check out a lot of diet sites, but a friend of mine found this page for me because she knows I love Jamba Juice. I don't know how many of you go there often, but I love it. They have delicious frozen smoothies in all kinds of flavors, and they offer a free "boost" with each one. I found out that if you get the fiber boost, you knock about 1 WW point off of every drink. That was so great to hear. I also love their broccoli soup (only 3 pts.). Now I know I can go there and get a half-size jamba (12 oz.) and soup and get out of there for only 6 pts!!! That's so great. If you guys want to check out the site, it's at

http:/www.dottisweightlosszone.com

Girlie, I'm hoping I don't put on weight when I move out. Since I don't eat at home now, I don't think there will be much of getting used to feeding myself, since I do that anyhow. I never have meals at home with my mom (she usually goes out, too). So I think eating in will be fun for me. I always go online to the "Lowfat Vegetarian Archive" and SOAR and print out quick, but delicious sounding recipes that I can make when I move out! Maybe I'll start putting one up here every now and then....

Have a great OP day, all! The weather is so nice where I am, it's a great day to ride my bike (if I EVER get off work)!

~Kimberly

Girlie
03-29-2001, 07:51 PM
Mmm Kimberly...

You're making me hungry for Subway.....

Girlie

CharlotteSometimes
03-29-2001, 08:00 PM
I do have a really hard time not eating late at night...and I know that's not good. I can't help it really. I don't get off work until 10 or later most of the time, and I'm always so hungry! I never go straight to bed, I either hang out with friends or do homework or study. So I get hungry, and I can't just ignore it. Anyone have any ideas as to what I could do to stop that? I would like to try to stop eating after about 7 p.m. or so...but that's so hard when you're awake until 2 a.m.!!!

~Kim

Girlie
03-29-2001, 08:07 PM
My brother has a degree in fitness...one thing he told me was to make sure to eat around the same times each day so your body is on a regular metabolic schedule.

I think, Kimberly, if you normally go to bed at 2am, eating at 7pm isn't bad. I'd say try not to eat too much within 2 hours before you go to bed. For me, I am off of work at 9pm and get to bed between 11pm-midnight, so I usually have something like sugar free jello or a bown of high-fiber, low fat cereal. I tell myself if I want to eat veggies, eat all I want before bed because I need them anyway.

My big problem is at work though...I get the munchies big time!

Seren Dee
03-29-2001, 09:53 PM
Kim- As long as you're still active for awhile after you eat, it shouldn't be that bad for you. Most of the time, they say not to eat past 6, but that's when they assume that you go to bed at like 9 or 10. If you are hungery... actually, they say, I think it's something like 1/2 the time you think you are hungry, you are actually thursty. So try drinking water. another good thing... that Smart Pop popcorn I think is a point or so (if you're following WW) for the whole bag, which isn't much!

I know it's not good to lose so much weight... I wasn't really saying it was a good thing:) I was soo totally sick tuesday, tho, that I came home from work at 2:30 and slept mainly til 6:45 the next morning. I Don't know what it was. Some sort of 24-hour thing... but it was horrible!!! I'm glad it's over!! But I Am happy that my appetite isn't back to normal yet. I'm still sorta feeling sick after I eat, so I'm not as tempted to do so. But don't worry, I'm eating enough:)

Ok, so I must ask... Where are you guys finding this Jamba Juice, because it sounds very good!! I like those frozen smoothie things. And you say a 12 oz is 3 points? I can handle that for breakfast!! Watch... my luck, they won't have them here in the Midwest. :P

Oh, well. I hope everyone had a good day!!

Seren Dee

Girlie
03-29-2001, 10:08 PM
Seren Dee!! I must have caught this thing from you!!!!

Yes, what is Jamba Juice anyway?

Any Chocolate Lovers???

I like peppermint patties, but I found these new dark chocolate mints. They are the best I've ever had, and I think they come out to 1 point for two of them because two have 5 grams of fiber! They are found in the kosher section of the grocery store, and the brand is Manshiewitz ..I can't spell it...but they are the best, richest chocolate mints I've ever had! There are 10 in a box I think, so the whole box would be only five points..but they are so creamy and rich that two is enough!

Just thought you'd like to know!

CharlotteSometimes
03-30-2001, 07:38 PM
Hey girls...
Hope all of you are doing okay. I think I'm weighing in at about 169ish now...don't know. I really need to get a scale I can trust.

Haven't eaten anything yet today. Meant to have the other half of my subway sandwich for lunch when I got to work, but I accidentally stuck it in the freezer instead of the fridge, so it's rock solid! Waiting for it to thaw out...

I'm so proud of myself for going so well for about 2 weeks now, only made a mistake at one meal. I've really been watching it. I think I'll take the time to get in some exercise this weekend. I'll ride my bike, or go roller skating. I also have to clean house, and with how messy it is, I'll probably work up a sweat doing that, as well! I have a lot of errands to run and homework to do, too. Looks like their little time for fun in my schedule lately... :(

Have an OP weekend! I'll post again on Monday!
~Kim (180/169/138)

Seren Dee
04-01-2001, 10:46 AM
New thread, because we can!! :)

truth
04-02-2001, 02:42 PM
Hey guyz,

Just thought I'd drop by and see how everybody is doing. From the looks of it, everybody seems to be doing well. I'm doing pretty good. It's my last week of classes, and then finals. Yay for me. Anybody else heading for finals as well?

Well, let me see, for the past week I've been doing a lot more walking, drinking more water, trying to keep away from the chocolate, fried foods and it seems to be working for now. As soon as it becomes a lil' more warmer at night, I wanna start bike riding again. That will pretty much be my workout for the summer. I'm taking care of my aunts place for a couple of months (in the city) so, I'll be able to either walk or bike to the river everyday. Which will be a nice change . . . .

I'm trying to do this by myself but, starting to think that maybe I should join WW. Anybody recommend it? I have done WW in the past but, that was a looong time ago and I'm sure it has changed quite a bit. Congrats Charlotte! Good for you. I think I am gonna start weighing myself in again, only problem is i have no idea how well the scale is, whether it's right or not.

Anyways, hope everybody is doing well.

Morgan

CharlotteSometimes
04-02-2001, 05:49 PM
I was soooo bad, guys. I don't think I put any weight back on, but I was bad. I'm weighing about 167ish these days. Yay! But this weekend, oh man....

I went to McDonald's and Denny's on Saturday. Then, KFC and Taco Bell on Sunday. But, I could tell my stomach had shrunk because I picked at most of the food...and I got full so easily. I'm back on track again today, though. I'm sure at 3:00 I'll be off to Subway for my daily sandwich. I think it'll be roast beef today. Oh yeah, I also drank about ten sodas this weekend! My body is craving water badly!

Hope you all did better than myself. I'm getting really stressed lately, with two big exams coming up, two term papers, working is starting to pick up again (12 hour work days, plus school), and friends are upset with me for not seeing them enough. It's just overwhelming to have to watch what I eat as well. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to do it! I felt so disgusted with myself after I ate all of that....

New day, though, and I'm going to fix it!

Morgan--A lot of people seem to have success on WW, but it all depends on your lifestyle and what you can handle. Exercise and eating right will always get you there, no matter what plan you're on. Remember that it is only healthy to lose about 2 lbs a week (except in the beginning when you lose excess water), so if impatience is the problem, it would probably be a bad idea to change what you're doing.
Just realize that whatever plan you go with isn't temporary, but a permanent change in you're eating habits that you have to (more or less) stick to for the rest of your life to remain a healthy weight. Good luck!!!

~Kim
"You'll never gain weight from a donuthole." -Tori Amos (Doughnut song)

CharlotteSometimes
04-02-2001, 07:26 PM
Seren has made a new thread!!!

Post at College Gals #2!!!

See you there!
~Kim

truth
04-02-2001, 08:59 PM
Kim,

Thanx for the advice. I just thought I'd ask, it just seems that it's really working for everybody in here that and I have NO idea how the points thing works and it sounds like a really good thing. Wish everybody the best. Have a good week guyz.

Morgan