Carb Counters - Freezin' Friday--1/9/04

View Full Version : Freezin' Friday--1/9/04

fullfig
01-09-2004, 03:50 AM
it is so good to have the site available again. i've dropped 1 lb since the crash and have really gotten into the exercise mode. i would really like to lose a few more lbs before going on a retreat next weekend, especially since there is an indoor swimming pool at the hotel. this will be our first trip to tour part of turkey. we are so excited. i'll try to post a pic or two. i'm sorry to not reply to everyone from yesterday's thread. karen--continued well wishes coming your way. star--wow! you look great!

i hope all of you will be enjoying a great day today. i need to get off and fix brunch, finish sorting and organizing dd's bedroom and playroom, do a couple loads of laundry, dustmop and wetmop the floors, finish last few boxes in my bedroom, and figure out what kind of exercise i'll be doing today. by the way, is there anyway we can count heavy housework for the equator trek, ie moving heavy boxes, dustmop/wetmop (i have 2 stories of all hardwood, tile, and marble), scrubbing walls, etc? just a thought...

Jamlinrich
01-09-2004, 04:18 AM
Just got home from work at 2am. Stopped at the grocery store on the way home and am going to give the carbsense pizza crust another go. Bought a big rolling pin!!! Not going to kick my butt this time! My goal is to look like Star!!! :)

Well, gonna head off to sleep so I can get up and go to the gym.
Night chickies!

Spedmom
01-09-2004, 07:53 AM
Finally Friday. Yeah!!!

My stall seems to be broken with that pound from yesterday. Boy, did I ever need that psychological boost. I finally got back on the glider yesterday after a few days absence and I feel soooooo much better!

I'm so sorry so many of you are experiencing a nasty winter freeze. My dh is still bemoaning the lack of season change (well, at least drastic season change) here in AZ. I'm not sure he'll ever get used to it. I keep reminding him of how some of you girls are freezing your tails off!

Things are status quo here -- and that's a good thing! Not much new or exciting to report. My resolve is still strong, and the weeks are still long!!!! I'll check in tonight after work to see how everyone is faring -- tata!

LoriAS
01-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Good morning all. Checking in from work. I wish I was at home doing housework! It's pretty cold here today too. But at least I'm inside. I almost killed my hubby when he called and told me my oldest is walking to school. What is he thinking???

Oh well! I have to say I think that the equator trek was a great idea as well. I'm super-motivated and can't wait to log my miles each day! Not to mention I broke through a plateau and that just rejuvenated me as well.

Anyone thought about a St. Paddy's Challenge??? I think I might post one!! Let's keep being losers together!!

jane8760
01-09-2004, 10:45 AM
I was unable to reach this site all day yesterday. I thought the site was down again but when I came on this morning I saw the post from yesterday....sorry to have missed you all.

I am down 2 of the 4 pound christmas weight that I gained. I am happy with that. 2 more to go and I will be back to my fighting weight. I bought the Pilates for Dummies video. I have to admit I am not looking forward to starting and exercise program but I really want to give it a try. I hope I like it. I think it will really make a difference in my overall body shape.
I was great with the eating this week....a little high on carbs some days but not much over 20 so I don't think that was the end of the world since I have doing this woe since September. The wine however has got to go! I had too much this week....been really stressed and experiencing a little after christmas blues I think. Maybe when I start my exercise it will perk me up.

It is absolutely FREEZING here in MA. When I left for work this morning I didn't notice so much because I go right from the house into the garage....I was all bundled up, but since the car was warm I was taking layers off before I got to work....then I got OUT of the car.....bbbbbbrrrrrrr. Man it was cold. Quickly put all layers back on.

Hope you all have a great day...check back later.

jdoggmartin
01-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi, fullfig! Glad you're back. Enjoy your retreat, and let us know how it goes.

Jamie: Great attitude with that pizza crust. If that stuffs that hard to roll out, maybe you could count it as some Equator Trek miles! :D

Congrats on breaking those stalls, spedmom and Lori! :cb:

Congrats on losing two of those pounds, Jane! :cb:

Karen: Glad you checked in yesterday. We were all wondering about you and your DD. Hope she gets to feeling better soon!

I hope everybody warms up soon. And, I hope that ice melts for Star and Theo'sgirl. That stuff sounds dangerous!

I had a minor attack with PB last night. My eating habits have been really off. Ever since Christmas vacation, my schedule, eating and sleeping have been off. Some days I'm not even hungry (which is something new to me!) and other days I'm starving during the day and then don't want to eat anything in the evening. But, if I stay up too late, then I'm starving again (that's where the PB came in last night). Sleeping is terrible! I'm never tired -- even though I should be. I try to go to bed, and I'm incredibly restless. I toss and turn and probably only get a quality two hours a night. Argh! What's with this???

Anyway, hope all of you wonderful ladies have a great Friday!

Take care,
Jina

LoriAS
01-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Ok, I need a pep talk because I'm ready to cave!!!

Here is what I have to face today. There is a class down the hall from me and it seems all of my co-workers and people from the class decided to bring in food today...and it not good stuff either!

sugar cookies
monstercookies (oatmeal cookies, with choc chips and m&ms)
cranberry muffins
butter cookies with sugar on top

It's making me crazy...where is my wilpower today???

jane8760
01-09-2004, 11:19 AM
LoriAS: OMG I WOULD PROBABLY CAVE! Just be strong. You can do this. Can you bring in something for YOU to eat so that you can avoid the tempting stuff?

Kim in NJ
01-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Lori - DON'T DO IT!!!
I am still battling 3 lbs from the holidays and technically I have fluctuated between the same 4 lbs since OCTOBER!!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!! Grab a piece of gum - or one of those Listerine strips and then you won't want to ruin that nice minty taste in your mouth.

SO TOUGH - I know but think about your co-workers and that date in September when they all say "LORI - You look amazing!!! What have you done??????"

:D

Kim in NJ
01-09-2004, 11:51 AM
And Hello! to everyone else on the board today.

Karen - so glad you checked in. It's these "mommy times" that are so exhausting - but they are the ones your dd and you will remember for YEARS to come. I can still remember my mom caring for me after my tonsilectomy when I was 5. That would be 34 years ago and the beautiful purple pajamas she bought for me and the record player she had next to my bed where I repeatedly played "Puff the Magic Dragon" ALL DAY LONG. And the sherbet she gave me and the special time it was because during the day I was allowed to rest in my parents "big bed" - Well you get the point. Rest up and enjoy this special time with her!

Fullfig - What type of retreat are you going on? Just yourself or the whole family? And I agree that Heavy housework should be counted - just like lifting weights. Because I know I get a great workout going up and down the stairs de-cluttering this house!

Jamie - your work schedule is amazing - I don't know how your body conforms. I would be nasty and irritable all the time. How is your dh's cyst?

Jane - good for you only 2 more to go. I'm still up 3! And it is COLD here in NJ as well - with wind chill 0 degrees F. YIKES! My dh had to help our neighbor jumpstart her car this AM.

Sped - You are doing great - Even when you stall stick with it because amazing as it sounds, when I stall on the scale I always drop more in clothing sizes. Very strange!

Jina - I too am all screwed up. Wasn't hungry at all on Wed. - But yesterday (actually last night) STARVING! SO weird.

Leens - I couldn't see your pic well enough yesterday - but I thought you must be kidding. Then I thought - well if I say something sarcastic and you truly are older than I thought - well that wouldn't be too nice either! :lol: I have never even seen an Elvis impersonator!

Lekker, Angel, Miss Chris, Supersized, Storybook, Star, Theo's Girl and anyone else I may have missed - Have a great day!

LoriAS
01-09-2004, 12:03 PM
I know! I know! I just keep repeating to myself..."Florida in April, Florida in April, Florida in April" My goal is to be at 145 by april 23 to REALLY enjoy the beach....think it can be done? I hope so...I know it can if I can just stay away from those cookies

Holding strong so far...

jdoggmartin
01-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Ooh, Lori, the beach is a great motivator! I go to the beach a lot during the winter, so I can wear long pants and cover all my nasty areas up! I'd love to be able to go in the summer in a bathing suit... Where are you headed in Florida?

Kim in NJ
01-09-2004, 12:28 PM
I live a mile from the beach....
And have only been on it about 4 times in a bathing suit in the past 8 years!!!!

It's pretty pathetic because I love to swim and so does our whole family. So in essence we had an inground pool installed because I couldn't bear to appear on the beach in my suit. (Well, that was my reason, but dh just doesn't like the sticky feeling of salt water after his skin dries) :blush:

Theo'sgirl
01-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Godd morning girls!!!!

Well, finally the ice is starting to melt!! BUT now it is falling off the trees in huge chunks and hitting the ground like bombs!!! Crazy! But I will be soooo happy when it is gone, I was getting real scared because we have both DS's birthday party on Sunday and then I start my new job on Monday, and I have to commute to my new job (not far though just to Beaverton) So I was starting to get worried and not to mention I am SO sick of being in my house, We have been locked up here since Tuesday! I WANNA GO TO THE GYM WHAAAAAAAA!!! OK enough whiney about the weather. LOL :) I am nervous about my new job cause I haven't done any other job in 10 yrs!! But my sis works there so it won't be to bad. PLUS I get more money an hour, paid holidays, sick days, and vacation days, free cable every channel and free cabll internet, I don't get anything paid at my other job for working part-time.

Any who,

Fullfig, Have fin girl on your retreat!!! I agree about the heavy cleaning, I shoveled ice yesterday off the front porch I shoulda got 10 miles for that!!

James, good luck with the pizza crust...you can do it!!!

Sped, Good job on overcoming the dreaded stall!! I am so glad you are here with us!! Tell DH he can come visit Oregon, that would be a drastic season change!!! LOL PS: Love Grandma Sped quote!!!

Lori, You can do this, just imagine the cookies you are allergic to them OR they have mold on them!!! That'll fix ya!! THanks for thinking up a St. Paddy challenge!!!! PLus speaking from experience, if you eat carbs and sugar all the sudden when you haven't for awhile you will find, you tummy doesn't like it!!! YUCK!

Jane, GREAT JOB!!! on loosing those 2 pounds!!! You GO girl!!!!!

Jina, I had a P-butter attack yesterday, I am blaming it on TOM!!!
When you feel restless sleep like that, I always take a vitamin B-1 100mg and a vitamin C, extra B-1 will make you sleep like a baby and takes away the restlessness. Works for sure!!

Kim, good to hear from you!!! :)

Have a great day girls!!!!

Theo'sgirl
01-09-2004, 12:31 PM
OOOOO I just weighed and i am down a pound!!! Yeah me!!!

fullfig
01-09-2004, 12:40 PM
kim--it is a spiritual retreat. my husband will lead the Bible studies in the evenings. we'll have the whole day free to do whatever we'd like during the day. we are so excited. it is a retreat for our chapel families. my husband is the chaplain. we will be staying in a five star hotel. breakfast and dinner are included in the cost. so, i'm sure i'll be eating off plan for that weekend. there are still times when i start to really down myself for taking off most of the time between thanksgiving and new years. i just try to remind myself that eventually i will get to the size where i want to be. there are times when i get off, but so what. if i never let myself have something off the acceptable lists, i would end up getting off and not getting back on, due to feeling too restricted. i know this is probably not the popular perspective, but it is mine. it may not be the best plan for everyone, but it tends to work for me. with that said, i am really looking forward to the whole weekend. i don't mean to offend anyone with this outlook or attitude. atkins even says that there will be times when will want to get off for an event or meal. the key is to get back on track. have a great evening, ladies. thanks for all of your kind comments. y'all are all an inspiration to me, truly!

Theo'sgirl
01-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Fullfig, you go and have FUN, sounds like it will be great so don't worry about a thing!! FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!

Froufy
01-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Hi all,

There is a windchill warning and frostbite warning out today. Trying to stay warm here - it is like -41 with the wind chill today and today your exposed skin will freeze in about 2-4 minutes - what a lovely thought that is! ....yes I did drive dd to school after dropping off youngest (which is the normal routine). Made her bring a scarf for the way home. Eldest ds is on his own it seems...already left for school (no boots, hats or gloves most probably.....!!!).

Jamie - let us know how the battle with crust goes - my money is on you!:D :rollpin:

Kim - I loved your story about the purple pj's and big bed - how cute and memorable!

Karen - hope all is well and you and dd are both doing nicely.

Jane & Theo's girl - way to go on the pounds off - keep up the good work!:cb:

Lori - STEP AWAY FROM THOSE COOKIES! The visual thing is a good idea and I would also recommend sticking some sugar free gum in your mouth and chewing it as along as possible (then replace as required) in order to keep mouth busy and away from the nasty cookies.

Fulfig - I agree with you - housework, especially the big moving kind should count!:strong:

Jina - try to eat regularly even if not hungry - especially try for protein mixed with fat - that usually helps avoid later problems!:cbg:

Spedmom - congrats on breaking the stall - what a great feeling that must be!:bravo:

I am trying to hang in despite my run in with a chocolate bar last night!!!! (see yesterday's daily)....I am paying for it now....BUT I am truly getting inspiration here. I am one of those "all or nothing" gals, and now that the scale is up (okay I have not pooped in a couple of days....but still....:o :o ) I feel so dejected and want to give up.

Then I come here and read how everyone is trying to get rid of the pounds they gained....and not giving up..and not obsessing about every little thing. It makes me think that I need to change my mindset...that yes, there will be setbacks, and I will struggle, but this does not mean I will give up!

I will continue to try and manage my eating, add some exercise, and do it as slowly as required - perserverance not perfection! right?

...and besides I am in pink today (my favorite color) which is making me happy! Pink button down oxford shirt from Eddie Bauer with a pink multi striped t-shirt underneath, blue jeans, and pink and white socks of course!:smug: (pink flower earrings too! and pink lipgloss and eyeshadow)....:)

Going out for dinner tonight with friends..then off to see a live band. I am dreading the dinner and will try to stay focussed. I am craving salmon and I'm sure they will have this in some form or another? Need to stay away from the sugars and starches tho!:devil:

Time for lunch!:cbg:

Froufy:cool:

fullfig
01-09-2004, 01:04 PM
i forgot to mention my haircut this week. was it lekker and jdogg talking about getting haircuts a while back. well, i have a bad habit of putting scissors in my hair when i get frustrated with it. it turned out really well though. i used to cut my hair in college all the time. this time i cut about 4 inches at least. i took it from almost shoulder length to short short, like a boy cut. this is my favorite cut. i've not worn it this way in about 4 years. when i had my dd 4 1/2 years ago, i realized that my hair had gone from straight to really wavy/loose curly. so, i've worn it longer to enjoy all the body. one night this week though, i got sick of it and cut it all off. my husband couldn't believe i cut that much off and actually had it turn out so well. "oh ye of little faith." anyway, i told him last night that if our dd ever cuts her own hair, i won't be able to get mad. she has seen me do it too many times. i'm loving this cut. it really motivates me to work harder on losing, as i feel more exposed without all the thick hair surrounding me. even though samson's hair was his strengh, i feel more empowered when i have short short hair. ta ta for now!

Kim in NJ
01-09-2004, 01:57 PM
Froufy - Don't beat yourself up about the candy bar. Enjoy your evening and keep plugging away tomorrow. I can't believe how cold it is by you. Reminds me of my favorite book "Very Last First Time" - children's book about the Northern Tundra and a little Inuit girl who follows her mom BELOW the ice to dig for mussels. COLD COLD COLD!

Fullfig - I used to cutoff my hair in college too (no $$$) and most times I did like it. I'm like you - with long hair I hide behind it and don't feel energized to stick with a program because it acts almost like a shield. With short hair - I think it brings attention more to to shape of my face and my shoulder line etc - so I better stay with my program.

Your retreat sounds great! Our Chapel is sending the teens on a retreat next week up to the border of Canada to ski, snowboard and 4 days of fellowship - so much fun! I think our assembly has about 20 kids going and 4 chaperones. It's almost like a mini-vacation! I will keep you both in my prayers - especially that your dh will have the words needing to be heard. Oh - and as I mentioned somewhere here - I've been battling the same 4 lbs now since October....but I really do still feel very in control. Enjoy your time away!!!!

LoriAS
01-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Ok girls I had some beautiful replies going...probably a book and somehow erased it all, so now I'm a bit frustrated.

Thanks for all the pep talks! I ate lunch, which completely filled me up! The cookies still look good, but the thought of eating one makes me ill.

I hope to be able to do better personals (without erasing everything-GRRRRR) in the future!

Jamlinrich
01-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Lori! I had the same problem with erased replies yesterday. Nothing so frustrating as to pour out your soul and then have it erased, grrrr.

Fullfig- any chance of a picture of the new haircut? I'd love to see it. You hottie you!

Froufy- Your pink outfit sounds so pretty! I love shades of pink. Sometimes I wish I could have a hundred rooms in my house so I could decorate one in all in pink. I love that shabby chic pink look with the baby pink roses and stuff. I bet you looked maaahvelous! daaahlink!!

I just woke up here at 12:30pm to get ready to go back to work and it looks like dh has let the woodburning stove go out. Aaaargh! it's so coold! Next year we're definitely getting a furnace. I keep dreaming about summer when I go to sleep.

I am not sure who told me about it but I went out and bought the Cardio Salsa DVD and can't wait to try it. Maybe tonight after work.

Kim- thanks for asking about dh's cyst. I think it's pretty much healed up now. Hopefully he has learned to bring it up if he first feels it now.

I'm excited, really excited. I'm at 180.0 today. On the verge of the 170's. I have'nt weighed in the 170's since I can't even remember, years, and years. My ketostix show the darkest red color. I just have to keep it up. Got to kick it up a notch. I want it soo bad. It's almost there. It's mine, baby! Oh yeah!!! My goal is 150 by bathing suit time. I want to start a bathing suit/summer challenge sometime.

Well gotta head to work. Maybe I'll get a chance to get on there. hang in there ladies. We're kicking butt and taking names!!! AroooooO!!!!

Froufy
01-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Oh jamie I simply LOVE the idea of a pink room - maybe some light green and white in there as well? I am hoping that somtime (in my old age...ha ha), I can have my own "private" room/retreat all in pink with my bunny collection displayed within....nice comfy overstuffed couch, footrest, fireplace and of course the library of all the books everyone has recommended! I hope you'll come and visit!

Congrats on the 170's....how fabulous is that!!!! You can do it!

Now about cutting your own hair! How incredibly BRAVE - I would never even attempt such a spectacular feat - I would most certainly botch it up and look like dr. frankenstein...or worse..his bride!:dizzy:

I am glad you are able to cut your hair and enjoy it - I would be scared to death....speaking of which I am getting my hair cut tomorrow and I am SO EXCITED...cuz it is crappy and hanging and the gray roots are showing!....I did not get it cut last time cuz it was dd's bat mitzvah and I wanted it longer (which means past my ears by the way...ha ha).....I am SO READY to have it done and I always look good (I LOVE my hairdresser)...at least for a couple of days anyway!:lol:

I'm the one with the Cardio Salsa DVD by Crunch - let me know what you think Jamie!

As for dinner out tonight - I have now heard in the news that salmon is a no no...turns out domestically raised/farmed salmon is VERY HIGH IN MERCURY...and it is now recommended we only eat it once every 3 months (a far cry from the 3 times per week for the good fish oils!)....so no beef due to BSE...no salmon due to mercury...no pasta due to lc.....is chicken still safe?:dizzy: Maybe I should just have a salad? then again there's probably stuff on the veggies too?:s:

I really like my pink outfit...was starting out in baby blue this am, but noticed my other Eddie Bauer brand new oxford cloth shirt has a bit of what seems to be a grease stain on it! Of course I had just cut off the tag - but I can probably still find the bill and will try to exchange it this weekend....(so my undies are still baby blue...ha ha...no time to change them to pink ones....:o )....and I love fridays at work cuz it's casual day and we get to dress down, hence the shirt/t-shirt and blue jeans/runners....very comfy!

I dread going back out in the cold after work - my car will be freezing cold as I am in an outdoor lot....with no one to warm it up for me.....it's usually my finger and toes that suffer the most. Have to tidy up quickly feed the youngest as sitter is coming at 6:30 pm..then we're off at around 7.

Hope everyone has a fun evening!

HRH Princess in Pink Froufy:queen:

Kim in NJ
01-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Disappearing text while posting! I hate when that happens.

What I do now to avoid it is I type my replies in a blank email or word document window. I highlight the whole response, hit CTRL X to cut it out and then in the 3FC grey reply window - just hit CTRL V to insert that text. Then submit!

It has helped me not get frustrated...

Theo'sgirl
01-09-2004, 05:28 PM
OOOOH as I am sitting here in full fledged TOM and craving chocolate, I am eating my PINK strawberry carb smart splenda ice cream, thinking I would LOVE to be sitting in Foufy's Pink bunny room, all snuggled up in a PINK chenille throw, with PINk jammies on, reading a book about bunnies & drinking PINK lemonade! While the song Pretty In Pink plays on the stereo.

(meanwhile hubby and the kids would be far off somewhere doing something fun together because I am so sick of being stuck in the house with them!!! DARN ice storm!)

Foufy you build it we will come! It will our Pink LC Ladies Library!!! :)

angel-eyes
01-09-2004, 05:46 PM
wow...you sure have been busy!! the whole lot of you. I've been having trouble subscribing to the daily threads. Anyone else having problems? I'll subscribe so I can keep up reading everyone's posts and I don't receive any notification. I pop onto the 3fc site and voila....there are 23 messages!!! weird huh?

I'm down 3 lbs of my holiday gain, I'm sure I could have done better but was having a snack attack all week. I tried to limit myself to carb free and legal stuff but it got away from me a little. I think I also wasn't eating enough to be honest, at lunchtimes I would have some chicken wings for a few carbs but it really wasn't filling so then I would start to snack about 4'sh. Today I ate a huge lunch and I don't feel the same way. Also increased my water intake which will no doubt help too.

Froufy....I bet you look like a breath of fresh springtime air!! I love a monochromatic look.....good luck with your new do tommorow!! Oh btw, I can relate to the choc. bar.....my inlaws came down for Christmas and I asked them to bring a goodie bag of things we can't buy down here. One of them was to bring a couple of Crunchie bars. Little did I know she would bring down 4 pkgs of 4 inside each pkg. (yes, I only had one.) Thank god dh also loves them. The other thing they brought down was PC dark choc. digestive cookies, PC diet pink lemonade and 2 pkgs of pea meal bacon. Next time.....CHEESE CURDS!!!!

Kim......I just realized reading your posts that we are the same current weight of 215. I'm off to St.Simons, Georgia in April and I'm bound and determined to be in the 190's then......how about you?...are you with me?

Jamie.......CONGRATULATIONS!!!! TA DA!!! you look mahvelous!!!

Theo's girl.....good luck with the new job!!! hey, thats alot of extra perks!!! wear something you really love to wear for your first day.....it will give you the extra confidence....try RED for success!!

Leenie
01-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Hi Ladies,

Wow, its so good to see everyone back on track and doing great. I am just wanting to snarf down some cookies, actually not some, I really want an entire bag but I promised myself I would be good until my 14th wed anniversary at the end of this month........ crossing fingers lol.

Kim, one hour from the shore, I usually go to point pleasant, are you near there ? Maybe we could meet one day during the spring/summer? It takes me about 1 hr 15 minutes to get there. We usually go to Jenkins :)

Well I'm going to surf for a while, I haven't had to much time to get in here due to work :( but keep me posted and if you need anything let me know.

Hugs, Leens

Lekker
01-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Wow, everyone's super busy today! A million posts!

How brave are those that cut their own hair! I'm not sure I'd ever have the courage to do that - although my hair is short right now, so mistakes would be quite noticeable if I did try.

Jamie, we used to have a wood stove when I was growing up. When I was about 13 we replaced it with a corn stove (yep, we burned corn) for a few years. I liked the wood stove a lot, because in the winter we'd come in and hang all our snowy clothes near the stove and throw all the snow clumps right on top of the stove and watch them sizzle away!

I was trying to find a funny birthday card for a friend's b-day tomorrow but it was so frustrating - I'm honestly wondering if there was a law enacted that has prohibited the manufacturing of funny birthday cards. All the ones in the 'funny-section' were kind of lame! Hallmark does not get bonus points from me today! :mad:

I bought myself a little 'winter kit' for my car as a little present to myself. I like having all the little supplies to fill up the trunk of my car.

Ahh...that's it really, my mind is kind of mushy from work today...must go do something mindless right now....

Good evening, ladies! Julie.

Theo'sgirl
01-10-2004, 01:28 AM
YEah ME Yeah Me!!!! I finally escaped my house today!! The ice is melting!!!!

StarPrincess
01-10-2004, 01:39 AM
Hey all - just popping in real fast. I'm SICK!!! How does one get sick when she hasn't been out of the house in four days??? I was feeling achy last night and by this morning, I could barely move. So I've been taking advil for the pain and sleeping a LOT! I didn't move out of my bed until 6:00 tonight :eek:

The good news is that I'm feeling better. My throat's a little funky. It doesn't hurt but feels like it's a little swollen (sympathy for Karen's dd?) I'm debating going to see my dh at work for a bit, but I don't know. Maybe I should just keep things mellow at home. I just get so restless!

Theo'sgirl
01-10-2004, 01:46 AM
SP,
hope you feel better soon!!! Stay home and rest girl!!
Hey I got e menu from the new LC resturant today!!!

jdoggmartin
01-10-2004, 02:52 AM
I was worried you were sick, Star, since you had mentioned feeling a little yucky yesterday. Then, when we hadn't heard from you all day, I knew something was up! Get to feeling better soon. Take care of yourself!