Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2001, 12:40 PM   #1  
Ready for a change

Unhappy

I came here today, to admit I'm scared. I'm terrified of going to WW and failing. I want to succeed. Would I look like a freak if I went to meetings every day?? *LOL*

I have been steadily gaining weight for 6 years. I gained on the 1-2-3 program 3 years ago. Then I was diagnosed as being hypothyroid, and now I"m being treated. It's time to get off the weight gaining roller coaster now and start losing.

But I'm scared.
Old 03-25-2001, 02:43 PM   #2  

Polly

I know your feelings, changing a big part of your life and wondering if you can succeed is a scary aspect. But you've made the right step and right decision. Your WW meetings and these boards will help you thru the scariness and get you on the road to healthy living!

Congratulations on your first step and feel free to talk to all of your cyber friends who will help in any way we can!

Karen
Old 03-26-2001, 06:34 AM   #3  
banned

Default Welcome!

C'mon over to the Women Helping Women...WW thread. We're just a bunch of wild crazy women taking the plunge ourselves.

Peace
Old 03-26-2001, 08:17 AM   #4  

Going to meetings everyday, posting here everyday, being on program everyday, that is what is all about.

It would be really silly not to try to do better, it does not happen all at once and with everything going on in your life, it is hard work to keep up.

Liza
Old 03-26-2001, 02:00 PM   #5  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

The fear of not being successful can be a huge one. One way to handle it is to break it down into little tiny steps. Pick one goal for the week and do just that. Decide to drink all of the water or to write down what you eat, for example. When you do that, you're successful. As you go through the weeks, add steps. It's a lot easier to get used to the program in pieces.

Also, remember that it's a learning process. You're learning new skills. They take practice. And you will make mistakes. When you do, learn what you can from the mistake and move on. One of the biggest problems we all seem to face is perfectionism. When we slip, we get upset and think it's all over and we continue on the downward slide. But when we remember that slips are the tools we learn from, then we can keep going. And it's persistence that makes us successful, not perfectionism.

Lin
272/230/lower
Old 03-27-2001, 04:35 PM   #6  

Default daily meetings

Of course you may attend meetings every day. Once you have paid at the first meeting of each week, you may attend as many more mtgs that week as you can possibly find. Be sure to take that membership book with you to show them in case they ask.
Old 03-27-2001, 05:01 PM   #7  

I hope that you feel good about trying this program, and that this is a great place for support. I've been with WW since 1999, and after a couple of shaky starts have been successful since Oct. 2000 (loss of 22 pounds).

Know that you're worth the effort, and it's normal to be scared -- especially at weigh-ins This will soon pass as you become comfortable with your strategies.

All the best to you, and may you find much success!

Nancy
212/190/145
Closed Thread