Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 10:02 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday Chat - January 8th

Good Morning All,

Hope your all doing okay?

BBL
Old 01-08-2004, 10:34 AM   #2  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning Ladies

I am thinking of going out today and maybe purchasing some things to do tassels for my bookmarks.
I am thinking of applying for some jobs too.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:35 PM   #3  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello Ladies

Where is everyone today? I'm keeping busy dumping a lot of old paperwork that we don't need. Trying to get rid of the clutter around here.

Thanks so much for your support! My DS was just here a while ago. He's looking into taking some courses for his GED, and he's also looking into Job Corps. Mom is cautiously optimistic

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-08-2004, 03:17 PM   #4  

Finally got here! Whew!

Okay....now where is Cathy? Cin? Anyone?
Old 01-08-2004, 04:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Hey there little chickadees!

I'm finally here! This has been the busiest day at work! just too crazy! but I wanted to drop in and say hi. I'll catch ya'll soon!

later gaters!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 01-08-2004, 08:08 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good to see most of you made it in

Lynnie good for you for applying for a job, its so great to have something to keep you busy AND make money, I think it will help in more ways than one. Just remember when you go for interviews, those people are the same as you, hold your chin up and smile and your sure to get the job !!! trust me

Joanne, I'm happy your son is going to get his GED, I'm telling you, its so hard to get a job w/out it. My company will not hire you w/out it and thats at basic entry level position. Its tough today, companies want education before experience. Good wishes.

Hugs !!!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:44 PM   #7  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Default I'm back!

Hi all remember me ? Anna from New Zealand!

I've had a real year of up's and downs in 2003 and I feel like I'm finally in a position to really work on my life. I met up with an old friend last weekend (actually he was more than a friend but that's a story for another day!) who I haven't seen for approx 11 1/2 years. I found out thru talking that he had had severe depression and even had 3 failed suicide attempts in that time. In talking I found some of the things he was saying struck a chord with me and I feel like I have found the starting place for which to begin unravelling the confusion in my head. He shared with me some of the things he found important to his recovery and I have taken a couple of those on board to help me. In particular meditation..does anyone else use this on a daily basis as a coping mechanism? I will also add however his reappearance in my life has caused some additional complications as I am forced to also examine my feelings for him.

I will be back on the boards now as I know support like this is vital to my wellbeing.

I look forward to reaquainting myself with you all.

Hugs

Anna
Old 01-09-2004, 09:15 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Anna, its so good to see you again. We are looking forward to you hanging with us
Closed Thread