Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 11:17 AM   #1  
Searching

Talking Rest of Week thread: 7 Jan-9 Jan We can build again!

I hope everyone comes back soon. It was a little daunting to see how much we had lost, but if we build it they will come.

Having an okay day. Little nervous about my job review as I sit here furitively typing.

Oh I just noticed its the old format.

Anyway I love ya'll and everyone have a good day.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Miss Chris
Old 01-07-2004, 11:29 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Fingers and boobs crossed for you, Miss Chris, but I know you don't need luck - you competent female you!
Old 01-07-2004, 01:07 PM   #3  

Good afternoon everyone Thanks to the help of Suzanne, I was able to successfully re-register this morning. Since this happened right after I joined, the disease almost had me convinced that I should just walk away from the boards. That no one would miss me anyway. Thankfully, I did not listen. I'm glad I'm able to be back on & that posting is working.

Chris - GOOD LUCK with the job review, although I am certain it will go fine

Today is a good day for me. After my maternity leave, I had to go into work for 4 days to finish some things up & this morning I officially left for good. Things have been hectic, but now that I am all done, I look forward to settling down into a routine with the baby.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Here is a little something that I found this morning when I was cleaning out my desk at work. It really hit home for me & thought I would share... it's a little long but well worth it in my opinion

Quote:
A NEW DAY

"Let all that has happened before serve as a guide but not as a constraint. Each moment is an opportunity to be more fully alive, more filled with positive purpose, than you have ever been before.

"Each day is a new beginning with which you can build upone the best of what has been. Each day you can move forward to make life even better. Today is a new day. ANd on this new day there is a way, something you can now do to move toward your most treasured dream.

"Your shortcomings in the past are all over now. This day is your chance to get it right, to make it work. On this new day your biggest disappointment can begin to be transformed into your most stunning achievement. On this new day, what were once obstacles standing in your way can become stepping stones to your dreams.

"A new day is now in front of you. Make of it the best you can possibly imagine."

-- Ralph Marston
Since I am starting a new chapter in my life as a sahm & as a woman that has admitted to her COE/Binge eating disorder, finding this this morning was a God send for me. God really does have a way of putting things right where you need them, right when you need them
Old 01-07-2004, 02:45 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Patten, I'm so glad you stuck with us. And thank you for the quote... it's excellent.

Chris, I hope all is well with you... how did your review go, hon?

Ruthie...

love to all...
Old 01-07-2004, 04:43 PM   #5  

Default hi all...

whew - I actually went into a bit of withdrawal not being able to navigate through the boards and read up on how everyone is doing. I hang out some in WW and love to read those recipes that get posted. Not that I've tried any (I'm not that great remember what I need to pick up) but it's fun to see. I hope everyone is doing well.

Chris - how did the job review go? That's always tense - I think sometimes on both sides. Keep us posted - I'm certain that you were warmly received.

I'm off tomorrow to my 2nd meeting with a counselor. This past week I was tasked with logging my eating habits because I basically told her that I only had ED tendencies but after reviewing my log I know that she won't buy into that. Oh well - guess it will give us something to talk about. I still don't know if I should be going because it's something that 1. I'm obviously aware of and 2. should just take care of it myself. It's nice though knowing I have a person that I can say anything to and not worry about them turning over in bed and huffing/puffing! I love my husband but sometimes . . . Guess I won't go there.

Take care all and oh BTW - Hi Patton. I was so moved by your first posting that it's still on my mind. Hope you're doing well and enjoying this time with the little one. I have a 6 and a 2 year old that keep me buzzing along.
Old 01-07-2004, 06:40 PM   #6  
Searching

Talking Good Evening Lovely Ladies!

I was so happy to see people here when I logged on this afternoon!

My job review went fine. I would have given myself a solid B with room to grow, and my boss agrees. Plus I got kudos for my chemistry and communicaton skill.

Ruth-Thank you! You know I love ya sistah girl!

Patton- I have that same Marston quote on my file at work. I am notorious for the quotes at the bottom of my e-mail. I am so happy you came back. I too was touched by your post, and your honesty.

Ellis- How was your day? How is phase 1 going? ( I know not crap about SB but I thought I would fake it ) Love you too sistah girl

Sandi- As long as your going to the counselor take advantage of it. Just purge all the crap that your feeling at her, and listen she may know something And I totally understand on the DH thing!

Okay Jenelle and Christy time to check in

Miss Chris
Old 01-07-2004, 08:45 PM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey! I'm here!

On weekdays, I usually won't post until the evenings. I refuse to get my lazy (Y) out of bed any earlier than I absolutely have to!

Things are fine here. My sponsor wagged a cyber-finger at me for not checking in with her for four days! I just figured that no news was good news. Now I know better.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:58 PM   #8  

Default We're back on!

Whew! I was also going through withdrawal and I'm new.

This forum software is different, too, right?

Chris- glad your review went well.

Before the crash, someone asked what COE stood for. It's the acronym for Compulsive Overeating.

And also about abstinence. Yes, in OA, you are able to define your own abstinence (always best to do with your sponsor's advice and guidance). At minimum, I believe refraining from compulsive overeating is asked. Some feel that they should also define abstinence by how many meals and snacks are in the day. Some even include removing some foods to define their abstinence (this, personally, would trigger me).

My abstinence is simply to not COE. My food plan changes daily, sometimes adding foods, sometimes taking away. It's what has worked for me. But everyone is different. That's what is so great about OA - we can all fit in.

Tonight I am going to a meditation workshop that is put on by people from OA. It'll be my first time. It's over an hour. I've never meditated that long! I don't really know how it is set up. I'm looking forward to it...

I hope everyone is well!
Old 01-07-2004, 09:24 PM   #9  

Default Today's meditation - thought I would share

January 7 "Inner Harvest"
Hazelden Meditation Series

Why not heed that gentle nudge?

Inner promptings--we can listen to them, or we can allow them to be drowned
out by our busy routines, our habits, and our ways of thinking. The voice of
creativity is often a quiet one. It may suggest a new way of operating that
goes against our preconceived ideas.

Suppose angry words have been spoken. We feel uncomfortable. Underneath our
discomfort is an urge to say something that could begin the process of
reconciliation, but pride says no. Can we heed the inner urge and take a
chance on making peace? Or suppose we haven't heard from a friend for a long
time, but we feel it's the other person's turn to call. Do we respond to the
inner nudge to make contact?

There are many ways we can heed our inner voice: We can trust our hunches
about new activities we'd like to try, people we'd like to get to know, and
thoughtful ways of helping our friends. We can be willing to risk ourselves
and our schedules in the interest of growth.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's only 10 p.m. my time.

Miss Chris- Glad your review went well. With your intelligence and personality I knew it would though.

I am at day three of being abstinent. and I honestly am beginning to feel in control again. My little voice has been quite today.

Do any of you use the chat room?

More tomorrow
Old 01-08-2004, 01:02 AM   #11  

Congrats, CeeJay, on 3 days of abstinence!

My meditation went well. It was an hour of guided meditation (a few strung together) with some discussion in between.

Have a great Thursday!
Old 01-08-2004, 09:28 AM   #12  

Default Hi All

Hi Guys! Things are a freezing 43 degrees here in Sunny Florida. I know - I know many of you are probably dealing with sub zero temps and think this would be a day at the beach but hey - I'm ready to walk around in a snow suit!

Ceejay - CONGRATS on 3 days! Great news. Keeps us motivated too!

Kat - I'd like to hear more on how the meditation things went. Was it strange? Awkward? Calming? Confusing? I don't know that I could sit still for that long and just think. Too many voices in my head plus I would be thinking it's a great time to plan my day (which probably isn't the point).

So I have a question for you girls - Today I made a small attempt at trying to control myself with my ed. I had a good breakfast and while I was tempted to basically purge I decided not to. Now it's all that I can concentrate on. How I blew it by keeping it down now I'll have to pay for that at lunch. I know it sounds like I need to be in a nice padded room but I swear I'm not crazy. I'm really confused why my head is focused on breakfast and not the good part of it. It was really just cereal and a banana. I've read about the "disease voice" and I think that's what I'm hearing but it's so surreal. Oh well - just babbling....

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-08-2004, 03:09 PM   #13  
Searching

Talking Hi Everyone!

Well I am totally swamped at work and I have no time to journal so you guys (and my food sponsor) get to hear my menu for the day. It a hungry day wince I am doing so much.

Breakfast: 2 bacon, 2 eggs, 2 coffee
Lunch:green beans in oyster stew
Snack: my homemade trail mix
Dinner: Pork chop with cheese and broccoli

(I got the internal muchies so a few extra prayers wouldn't be bad)

Sandi-((((hugs))) Yeah thats the disease telling you all kinds of lies. One moment at a time hun.

CJ-Good job!

Jenelle-Sponsors feel more love when you bug them more I bug one daily and the other2 to 3 times a week. Their so weird THEY WANT YOU TO BE IN TOUCH WITH THEM.

Kat-Thanks for sharing the meditation. I have reading Lifelines. Its like a little bit of ESH right at your fingertips.

Well love ya'll and talk to you this evening.
Miss Chris
Old 01-08-2004, 05:22 PM   #14  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I am going to kick my son's ***.

He scored a 1340 on his SAT and a 30 on his ACT (a perfect 36 on the Science part). He brought home his report card today; he got a 46 in Honors English. A FORTY-SIX! I called the school to make an appointment with his teacher. When his dad gets home, son will be lucky to live to tomorrow morning.

Other than that - and the counterfeit $10 bill I discovered in my wallet last night - things are fine.

Jennelle
Old 01-08-2004, 08:12 PM   #15  

Default I'll post a longer thread in a bit...

But I've noticed the word "control" used a few times in some posts. Thought today's meditation would be perfect to share.

January 8 "Inner Harvest"
Hazelden Meditation Series

Life seems to flow better when we don't try to control it.

When we were addicted to excess food or to dieting, control was a key issue.
We tried all sorts of ways to control what we ate and how much we weighed.
We probably tried to control a lot of other things, too, such as how the
significant people in our lives behaved toward us, how coworkers did their
job, and what the weather forecast would be for the next week.

A vital part of recovery is learning to accept the things we cannot change.
Those of us who work a Twelve Step program accept our powerlessness over
people, places, and things, as well as over compulsive eating and dieting.
We come to believe that letting a Higher Power be in charge of life in
general and us in particular is the way to sanity and serenity.

None of us has to believe this. Many of us are skeptical at first. What we
do is give the method a try, one day at a time. Reports are that it works.
Experience shows that giving up the illusion of control sets us free to
enjoy what each day brings.

Today, I will aim to follow my food plan and let life happen.
Closed Thread