Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 10:03 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #47

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #47

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Face and Body Friday We need to take care of our bodies with facials, pedicures, whatever
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

Last edited by gma22; 01-07-2004 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:07 AM   #2  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. What is troubling you?

I would say the 3 chicks are the ones with the big woes! We are so sorry this happened to you girls! We are just fine back where we were, aren't we girls!

We are up and going again so let's hear from you today. I about to go down and drink my smoothie and get dressed to go out into ALASKA today and walk. If only the lbs would freeze and just fall off!

Have a good day girls and I will check in later.

Faye
Old 01-07-2004, 10:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

My Weds woes is that I have a migraine. It started mildly last night and I quickly went to bed, hoping to sleep it off. No such luck... woke up with the same headache this morning. Some meds have helped and I am about 50% functional right now.

I guess what happened to 3FC is a huge woe..I hope everything is running smoothly very soon!

All 4 pts yesterday for me.

I am not going out today unless I absolutely have to. Its only 13 degrees with a windchill of 0. One of the things I dislike about Ohio, is it gets soooooooo cold in Jan and Feb!

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 01-07-2004, 11:12 AM   #4  

Lisa asked that I let everyone know she may not be able to post here any longer. It is only that her company was sold and she said the new owner starts tomorrow and since she posts from work, she may not be able to get here anymore. She is not sure she will even have a job after tomorrow so keep her and her family in your prayers.

I will post pts when we have a few more. I got a 4 again yesterday, woohoo.

Debbie: It is freezing here too, which is really rare, but I am going to try and get out there in just a litte while and walk at least a mile. Hope your headache gets better. They sure are dibilitating and YOU certainly have no business being out in the cold with a migraine. Just take it easy today!

Back later ladies!

Faye
Old 01-07-2004, 12:13 PM   #5  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi Ladies

I was really worried when I read about the big crash - I'm just glad that we are still here!

I've been doing okay - although I haven't started exercising yet. Nigel moved my exercise bike into the cellar so we could put the Christmas tree up, and now I've got to badger him to bring it back up! My eating is okay though - I'm just getting used to 'normal' eating again, after my Christmas overeating!

I've heard from 2 of the interviews that I had in Ireland - Rejections from Limerick and Galway. Galway was the one I wanted the most and I came away from it thinking I'd done really well - but they obviously didn't think so. I'm really gutted - I've got to ring them for feedback, which I keep putting off! There are still 2 jobs that I haven't heard from, although 1 is only temporary - I'm feeling really anxious waiting to hear, but I'm not feeling confident - I think that if they wanted to offer me a job then they wouldn't be taking this long!. I contacted one of them and they said that letters were going out at the end of this week - in my experience they send rejection letters and phone if you are successful. It's eating me up inside all this waiting!

Perhaps I should stop sitting around worrying about someting I can't do anything about, and get my butt down that gym (I hear you say Faye!! )

Sorry to hear about Lisa's work problems - hope she doesn't have to leave us.

See you later

Amanda xxxxxxxxx
Old 01-07-2004, 12:19 PM   #6  
I Can and I Will

Hello Beautifuls... i missed everyone yesterday and i hope that everything gets back to normal soon. Amanda, i'll keep you in my prayers so that the best happens for u... Got all 4 yesterday... and am on my way to another 4 day...lol Its cold here today as well... but the sun is shining... so its still beautiful out there... but i ma staying in HERE...lol I love u all... remember to take care of u...
Sandy
Old 01-07-2004, 01:14 PM   #7  

Hello Everyone,

I can finally post. I tried earlier and it wouldn't let me. I think I signed up on Nov 20th or a couple of days after that. Hopefully they will get everything worked out. What a mess for everyone.

I get 2 points for yesterday. I didn't have a great day.

I am going to go to the gym soon and get myself in a better mood. Good moods never seem to last as long as bad ones for me lol.

Hope all is well.

Beth
Old 01-07-2004, 01:15 PM   #8  

I also see that I am back to post number one...oh well at least I can get on. Looks like I need to re add a picture as well. Those will be my woes for today lol.

Beth
Old 01-07-2004, 03:00 PM   #9  

Hello All

4 points for Monday and Tuesday! So nice to be able to say that again, and I am very ready to see the numbers on the scale dropping again.

Class has been canceled yesterday and today because of snow and ice. This NEVER happens! This is one crazy winter. But I braved the ice the last 2 days and made it to the gym. I'm takinf it kinda easy for now. I'm just not where I was before Christmas.

My Wednesday Woe is a social problem. Remember that guy I was talking about before Christmas, the one I hung out all evening with at a party and then chatted with for a few hours a couple days later...Well silly me can't get him out of my head and I don't know what to do because I haven't seen him in almost 4 weeks and don't know if I ever will again. Its just ... grrrr.

I have a friend down here that wants to lose weight, I think more for vanity than health, but I've become his which keeps me even more on track.

Amanda, hoping things work out for you

Glad to see all of you again, and I'm praying for Lisa and that her situation stableizes .... and can make it back here!
Old 01-07-2004, 03:00 PM   #10  

good afternoon girlies!

points points points points!

Debbie:
SandyB
Me
Beth

Beth: We all have bad days and you did get some points so don't let it stress you out!

Amanda: As for this job search thing. Whew, I know how that feels. I have probably applied for about 100 now and only got one letter and I never have gotten a first interview. Don't know if I am overqualified or what! You hang in there and you will find that God will provie you with what HE wants. Pray about it kiddo and keep faith and patience. That is what we did when we moved down here was a lot of patience waiting for Jack to find a job. It took 6 months but the right one came along. You will get back up on the horse and start galloping away, I just know it so we are waiting for you !

SandyB: You are doing great! Keep up the good work.

Talk to you later ladies, I have some things I need to do!

Faye
Old 01-07-2004, 03:05 PM   #11  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Beth, I did'nt have a good day either first off i stayed so long in chat that i did'nt bother exercising and then i ate WEIGH to much I'm on plan today and i will exericise..I WILL, I WILL, I WILL

I like your idea of giving pts for a good day good idea.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:32 PM   #12  

ZOIKS WHAT A MESS!!!

This poor site looks like it was hit by a TRUCK!

Boy I missed you gals yesterday!!! 4 points for Monday, and 3 for yesterday. I stayed online surfing all day, hoping this site would come back up and it never did. So, I didn't exercise. But I do have class tonight, so should be a 4 pointer today.

Welcome Cathy (you are new here, right? With all this site explosion stuff, it's hard to tell : ) )

Amanda, just because you don't get a certain job does NOT mean you didn't have a good interview. There could be many reasons they didn't choose you. Please don't beat yourself up over stuff you can't control, because it will effect how you perform on your next interview. Keep thinking positive! Things will work out.

It's really cold here, too......though after the 8 weeks of -30 last winter, I'm sooooo not complaining. This is the first day all winter that we'll hit 0.

Well, best be going. Got lesson plans to do.

Julie
Old 01-07-2004, 06:56 PM   #13  

Not much to add. It is chilly here, for us, only 60 today and that always gives me the blues. I have planned to move north for graduate school but I don't know how I think I will ever do that lol. I can't stand the cold.

Welcome Cathy - FYI for all, she and I talked yesterday on chat and I invited her to come over here and join us. It's good to see you. You will find lots of support here.

Today hasn't been a great day either but I plan on making tomorrow a FANTASTIC day.

I'm sure glad the site is working and I can post again. I am hooked, can't live without it now. I chatted too long yesterday as well and didn't get everything done I needed to! Chat is bad, exercise is good lol lol.

Tomorrow is going to be a 4 point day.

Beth
Old 01-07-2004, 07:43 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Julie Yes, i am new here as Beth explains

Beth..i've just finished my first exercise of the Year i feel so energised (so why don't i do it more?) 2mls on the treadmill and a 3k bike ride..not bad for the first day if i don't get around to trying lifting i'll do it tomorrow. Thanks for the welcome
Old 01-07-2004, 07:54 PM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Welcome Cathy - a fellow Brit I believe?

Seen you on UK fat chicks if I'm not mistaken!

Great to have you here

Love Amanda xxxxx
Closed Thread