General Diet Plans and Questions - Doing Our Own Thing - January 2004

Cafe976
01-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Hey gang! Thought we'd better get it started again. Does this mean we get a do-over on resolutions too? Not that anyone has blown their resolutions, oh no...

It's another magical day at the office, gotta run for the moment.

Edited to add:

I realized I left something out - I failed to give a shout-out to any mods/admins/etc. that are prowling because they have done a fine job to get the forums back up in such a short period of time. What is a little lost history compared to the remarkable free service they offer all of us constantly and cosistently? Hooray for the 3FC crew, and thanks.

SEMO
01-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Good Morning, was anyone else lost yesterday 'cause we couldn't check in? Cafe, I think you should start a Thread saying what you did about the wonderful job that 3FC's Crew does and let us all sign it, to show how much we appreciate all their time and work.

Cleaning out the old year's files and setting up the new ones today. Eating not so great but keeping up on the exercise.

Gotta run.

Jello
01-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Ditto to what Cafe said. It's so good to see the forum again. But no, we aren't allowed to start the NY resolutions all over again. :nono: LOL.

Weighed in last night with a 0.2 lb loss and was thrilled. Then I opened my big mouth and vowed to my leader that I was going to lose AT LEAST 1 pound before the next weigh-in. Yes, that includes my trip to Ohio, the wedding and lots of restaurant food. :eek: Uh oh. Guess I'll just have to get to it. Anyone who wants to give me a (gentle) kick may feel free to do so. :drill:

Meanwhile, I'm still workin' here and am learning to take everything in stride - laughing when I could cry, etc. I've even ordered two highly recommended meditation and relaxation CD's and they should be in by the time I get back next Monday. Looking forward to learning something new. :write:

Gotta get back to work now. Big project - last minute. You know the story..... :rolleyes:

Dyanm1
01-07-2004, 05:37 PM
I know, I am such flake! I show up every now and again. I WANT to be able to check in every day, but have found that to be way too impossible. SOOOO.....I just wanted to let ya'll know that I had my baby!!

She was born December 21st, weighing in at 9 lbs 12 oz, and 20 1/2 inches long. We named her Zoey Skye. And THE best part, I'm back into the jeans I was wearing in Nov of 2002 (when I was still losing weight)!! Before I had my gall bladder removed and fell off the wagon. :cb: :cb: :cb: Happy Dance!!

I hope everyone is doing great!!

MsRD
01-07-2004, 09:30 PM
Kudos to the 3fc computer gurus for getting things back in working order....and in the shortest time too! As of last week, I was a newbie at this site, vowing to finally get started on a healthier lifestyle.....so new, I don't even know if I'm on the right forum. No matter......forging ahead here!

Congrats to Dyan on the new daughter......Love the name!

I want to thank whoever gave me the wonderful advice on getting started with exercise......I have started with some low impact aerobics....and am doing a pretty decent job at watching what I eat. I got on the scale yesterday AM to find I had lost 2 pounds...WOOHOO! I AM ON THE WAY.....and was sooooo disappointed when the forum was down and couldn't share the good news!

I suppose I should set some type of goals.......other than just 'losing weight'. I hesitate setting the specifics only because I am afraid if I don't meet my goals, I will be discouraged and chuck the whole program. (I don't deal well with failure......can you tell? lol) So......should I just set a weight goal or put it in some kind of time frame? This is long enuf for now......talk to you folks tomorrow!

SEMO
01-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Good Morning Chickies, I'm in a great mood this morning, hope it lasts. :dizzy:

Dyanm, Congrats on that sweet baby. I wanna be mad at you for not coming around more, but I can't because I was so darn happy to see your post. Beautiful name. You have to fill us in on what's been going on.

MsRD, Altho I've been on some type of diet most of my life (maybe this makes me an expert to tell someone else how to do it even if I can't! :o ) Anyway my point is that I would not set goals that have to be met by a certain date. As long as you do the best that you can, you will meet your goals. Maybe not tomorrow but it will happen. We get too hung up on numbers, so I wouldn't even weigh or measure but once a month. I for one, was addicted to the scales and my weight determined if I was going to have a happy or sad day. Don't let this happen, now I just go by the feel of my jeans and only weigh every now and then.

So how's everyone doing today? Back later.

Jello
01-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Whew. Haven't been able to get in here today. Must be me???? Anyway, have only a minute. Boss just got off to the airport and is gone until Jan. 21. Woo Hoo!!! :cloud9:

Meanwhile, I leave tomorrow morning on a big ol' plane to Ohio for my niece's wedding :cheers: and won't be back until Monday. I only hope I can eat right and make you all proud.

In case I don't get another chance (probably won't :( ) I just want to say goodbye and everyone be good!

P.S. Dyan!!!!! How wonderful to see you and hear the news. :bb: Congratulations. I love the name too!

gma22
01-08-2004, 04:14 PM
Boy what a mess to fix! You ladies did a superb job, tying things back together for us and we applaud you big time! :cp: :cp: :cp:

Hope everyone is doing well today. I am up and raring to go the last few days. I went out and walked 2 1/2 miles today and froze (36 degrees) then got half way out and it started raining so I had to walk home in the rain, wind and have been freezing ever since. Told my sister this afternoon I think I am going to get back in the shower to get warmed up again.

Dyan: Congrat on the new one!

MRS: My opinion of goals is this, first off they are very very very important. Some of us do well by having a date/weight loss goal and others don't . I think one thing that works well is a goal that WHEN you lose lets say 10 lbs you do something spectacular for yourself, a massage, pedicure, new handbag, whatever you can afford and rings your chimes! I kind of set goals with events, such as my son getting married in April I want to have 30 more lbs gone by then. If there is a special reason, a lot of times, it helps us to stick to it. I am SOOOO glad you are exercising though. I cannot tell you how much it helps. My tubby self can't believe I am such a proponent of exercise, but it is literally saving my life! Just make sure you pick something or a few things actually you LIKE to do so that you will stick to it and not get bored.

Tonight is Chicken Fried Rice night. I made Jack lemon pepper chicken and me the rice last night and he kept sticking his fork in my pan and sampling my dinner then said, "I love fried rice." This is the man who tells me he hates Chinese food! Boy, I just cannot win, so I told him I would make it again tonight. It is low in fat, lots of veggies and I LOVE Chinese food! I have laid off carbs today so that I can have 2 servings of rice.

Well, better go and try and get warmed up!

Faye

brighterdays
01-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Hi everyone!

Welcome to all new people! How's everybody doing?

We have snow flurries tonight and it's cold out there!

I'm still on South Beach but not losing much more yet. Have added the stairs at work to my routine but need to climb on the treadmill again. :tread:

The pets are doing well and so are the kids. Had a bit of nasty flu here in recent weeks but all okay now.

Just wanted to buzz in and say Hi and Happy New Year to all. I'll be back later in the week.

:cheers:

Bright

brighterdays
01-08-2004, 09:00 PM
I forgot!!!

Is that our Dyan that stopped in???

:balloons: Congratulations on that sweet new baby girl!

Great to hear from you, girl

Bright

Tigerlily
01-09-2004, 09:08 AM
What a week! First I get sick, then I can't get in here. Double Whammy! Makes me grateful for my health and for the chickies that keep this site going for us.

Dyan! Congrats! Beautiful name. And, getting into old jeans :high:

I'm looking into a couple of things right now. DH backed out of joining the gym with me...I saw that coming. So, I'm thinking Curves...or maybe weightwatchers online. I also have a friend that said she would walk with me when the temp gets above freezing again. I'm having such a hard time spending the money on something like that for myself. It's a "stay at home make no money hang up". I do all the shopping for the house and family, but rarely spend on myself. :?:

:doh: I'm feeling like a big homer right about now....

gma22
01-09-2004, 10:19 AM
Good morning everyone! I have been juiced up this morning, getting upstairs and half the downstairs cleaned, feeding the animals and cleaning up the cat grass, taking out the trash, doing a load of laundry! WHEW it is good to feel back in the groove. I am down 8 lbs since the beginning of the year and am working hard to make that dress look fabo for the wedding.

Tig: Hey kiddo, us stay at homers need outlet. One of the hardest things I have to deal with is not having friends here. Jack's work is not condusive to it, shame on us have not found a permanent church and aren't working very hard at it, and I don't really get along that well with dd. I have one good friend, but she has some things going on that don't make her available a lot. You are kind of in timbuktu also where you have to go a ways to find a group, but it would be well worth it for you to spend the money and do it! You deserve it and you need it. You are always telling us about all the stuff you do and some of it sounds like it would be tough for a logger to do, so don't feel guilty about it!

Bright: As usual, you always seem to be doing well! Hang in there, you will start losing again!

Need to get back to the cleaning so TTFN

Faye

SEMO
01-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Good Moring Ladies, and Happy FRIDAY! :dancer:

Tig, don't feel guilty about spending the money, anything that you do to make you feel better, will benefit you family. We all know the saying "If Mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." That's a true statement, generally the house runs so much better if we are in a happy place. YOU GO GIRL!

If any of you have a chance, pick up the January 16th copy of Woman's World. There's a big write up on the exercise program that I have been doing, T-Tapp. I'll have to say that I haven't had the results that they have, but I can see improvements with this program that I haven't had with lifting weights. Just have to learn to stop eating when I'm satisfied. (Sounds so simple when you write it, just very hard to do for me.)

Faye, when you get finished please come to my house. (You think your DD's bad...........) :o

Gotta run for now.

gma22
01-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Semo: My house is done, but I have a few rules for my cleaning house. I don't pick up, that is your responsibility, I don't do laundry, I don't do windows, though I will wash glass doors, you must make a list of what you want done and I follow it including what products to use where. Ok, so when do you want me?:lol:

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Faye

SEMO
01-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Gee whiz Faye, keeping it picked up is 90% of my problem. Like I've said before, exercise or clean. Somehow I can't do both. :D So what ya gonna do for the rest of the day? Jack is back working right?

gma22
01-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Semo: Ok, so what does that mean, what you doing for the rest of the day, Jack is back to work, right? :o Actually I did something DUMB DUMB DUMB! I decided to go out for my walk and on the way stop at Walmart Neighborhood Market and get puppy pads, bananas and something for my lunch. WELLLLL, I walked the .6 to the store fine, but something came over me, DUMB BLOND SYNDROME I guess as I am a blond underneath this red and gray. :lol: I bought bananas, eggs, 6 pack of fruit juice to make smoothies with, puppy pads, 3 pk of frozen fruit, something for my lunch and a book! DUHHHHHHHH! My hands hurt, my shoulder hurt, and my back hurt from bending over a little climbing the hill back home with all the groceries. I did however get a cardio out of it bigtime! AND YES, Jack has been back to work for a month. He is doing absolutely fine and is down 23 lbs now.

I got home from my little jaunt and made myself some lunch and vegged out and read my book until I got cold and had to get a sweater and a blanket. I bought Deadly Embraces by Jackie Collins so maybe I SHOULD have kept Jack home today, Semo! :devil: :o :s:

Gotta go. My sweety will be home in about an hour and we are going to go see Calendar girls and grab a bite to eat.

Faye

SEMO
01-09-2004, 05:17 PM
:lol: Faye, I didn't exactly mean for it to sound quiet that way! **giggle** I was just wondering what you had planned for your afternoon, didn't mean for it to sound so personal! **Still giggling** You should know me well enough by now, to know that I can't type as fast as I think and sometimes I just skip the typing to keep up with the thinking. :dizzy: I'm still laughing, not about you and Jack, just that I didn't see what you saw in my message. Going now........before I get in too deep. ((hugs))

Cafe976
01-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Hey all! Congrats and a big hello squeeze to Dyan.

Oh my stars, I am in a big hurry at work but since I couldn't get on I wanted to at least put up an "I'm still here!" today. Too many things to do on the last day of the week!

More to come someday soon...

~Cafe

MsRD
01-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Whew! I made it through another Sunday! Most every Sunday the kids and assorted munchkins come for dinner, which I love, but......I cook a huge meal and, well, to put it bluntly, I eat. I have really been trying to keep things in perspective.....lots of salads and veggies and a little light on everything else that I shouldn't have in the first place. Sounds good....but have to confess I lost control over dessert .....perhaps I should be proud I only had one piece? At any rate.....back to the straight and narrow tomorrow morning.....well, maybe an exercise session tonight wouldn't be such a bad idea either (was hard enough to get those pounds off the first time.....don't want to do it all over again!) Have a great week all!

Tigerlily
01-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey Kitty Cats! Where is everyone?
I've been up to my eyeballs in mess today...thought I'd move this one bookcase...bam!...domino effect. I've got stuff everywhere. :dizzy:

I'm going to check out Curves tomorrow. I hope I like it.
I'll be back to tell ya all about it.
Hope everyone is doing great!
:wave:

QuilterInVA
01-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Well, I've finally got the year end finished so I can go back to being a human being once again. There weren't enough hours in a day for the past week.

I'm glad you are all doing well. I'm still with South Beach, although in maintaining mode, and it works well for me.

It has been so cold here, I can hardly believe it - put probably a heat wave to those of you up north. I've got a thermal undershirt under my dress today!

Boss is gone all next week but has given me enough for a month. So what's new.

Did anyone see the Food Channel over the weekend - Low Carb Revolution and the Chefs on a diet programs? Interesting.

gma22
01-12-2004, 08:10 PM
The one thing I don't like about the upgrade is you don't know what day someone has posted or at least I can't see where it says it. Scratch that I see it now!

Semo: Sorry, I just had to pin you down. I knew what you meant, but it cracked me up looking at it the other way. Besides, us two old codgers would probably be sitting around reading with him either napping or up here on the computer!

Tig: uh-oh, you didn't get hurt did you? It has been pretty quiet today it looks like. Are you warming up any up there? I will be up in your area Feb 27. I am going to my future dil's bridal shower on the 28th. I wasn't going to go because of the expense of the Vegas trip, but got to thinking it wouldn't be too cool for the future mil not to show up.

It is beautiful here today, around 60. I was able to get in a really nice walk. I have been doing really pretty well for the last week or so and getting in the exercise almost everyday.

Hope all are doing well and will peek in later.

Faye

Jello
01-13-2004, 10:56 AM
Hello all! I'm back! Wedding was wonderful - definitely a 3-tissue, teary one. :) Had snow on Friday but the rest of the weekend was clear and COLD!! Wind chills were, oh about a million degrees below zero....

OK, but it was really cold. Bride and groom didn't seem to notice or mind though. What an absolutely adorable couple. Can't believe this poised, beautiful young lady once wet her pants while sitting in my lap!

No, I didn't mention that to any of her friends.... :s:

Spent the rest of the weekend eating. That's all I'm gonna say about that. The scale this morning, after it finished screaming in pain, said I was up up up up up. But hey, I'm back on track now. What else can I do?

Only travelling snag was when we were in the last leg of the trip when we were about 10 minutes out of Pittsburgh airport and the pilot announces that there's a problem and we have to turn around and head back to the airport. Grumble. :mad: But what can ya do? Got a parachute? :rolleyes:

Anyway, safe and sound now - well, back at work anyway. Boss is still gone but has guaranteed all his employees that they'll get their review before January 23 when he's back. We'll see, won't we? I'm already writing my speech. But I'm not stressing about it.

Because that would make me eat.

And that would be bad. :nono:

I'm not going to let food or the big bad boss or the old *itch defeat me!! :strong:

Ah!

OK, back to work now.... Talk to you all later.

SEMO
01-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Hey Girlies, was out of the office yesterday afternoon. Had to take a check from a customer back....it required two signatures and only had one. Salesmen get hungry this time of year, money not collected by March gets deducted from their commission. Anyway got the afternoon off afterwards for driving 60 miles plus gas money.

This morning it was very foggy, when I went over an overpass on the interstate I was above the fog and the world looked as if it were covered with a thick blanket of snow. Just thought I would share, it was beautiful and the vision just keeps popping into my head.

Still transfering files, seems I just get started and then have to stop to do something else. TaTa

Cafe976
01-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Hey chicas! I'm here, I'm here, in spite of the bosses gone mad. Whew! Now that it's a new year, the purse strings are open and everyone has a big project... or three.

I'm doing good. I would say more but the sun is just at that point where it turns the buildings pink so pretty soon it will be dark and time to go home. Have to open 3 boxes and decide which 2 to send back!

{{hugs}}

Jello
01-14-2004, 09:15 AM
La la la la la..... Jello had a 1.4 lb. loss at weigh-in last night. La de da de da..... :encore: Don't know how that happened!! Scale at home certainly didn't reflect that news. But I'll take it!

Actually, the leader said that sometimes it takes a few days for a bad day (or two or three) show up on the scale so I have to be extra good this week. Yeah, yeah. Burst my bubble, why don't ya? Well, I guess I'll just have to behave, eh?

Cafe, you OK there girlie? :stars: Bosses gone mad sounds a little scary. :lol:

Semo, that blanket of fog sounds like the blanket of clouds outside the plane window. Actually looks like a big ol' feather bed. Just want to jump on in.

Tiger, did you check out Curves? What'd ya think? I'm still loving it.

Which reminds me of a quick story. This morning, Rich told me that if the snow comes (we're supposed to get 4-6 inches starting around 6 tonight) that I don't have to go to Curves but can just go home and get on my treadmill instead. :tread: I said "but I want to go to Curves!".

.... Huh? :?: Who said that?

Interesting.

Old *itch has visitors today so she's actually in here on time. Will wonders never cease? Pretty much everyone who's seen her has said they hope that means she's leaving early today. Me too.

Well, gotta jam. Still have to record my breakfast in my WW booklet. See how good I'm being? :angel:

Later!

Cafe976
01-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Jello - when she's good she's very VERY good...

I'm doing OKay. A couple of them left town, so now it's just a matter of getting the jump because I have several large things due by Friday. Friday seems to be the magic day around here. I like it when it's busy. But it throws off my internet routine. :rolleyes:

gma22
01-14-2004, 03:39 PM
Jello: WOOHOO way to go girl! Take whatever they give you lie or not! I was telling Jack the other day that our digital dances around like crazy. You can weigh yourself 4 times and get 4 different things. I'd like to have one of those ritzy things like they gave all the participants on Dr Phils challenge but they are probably 300$!

Cafe: I remember when we would have some big case coming up and you thought all the attorneys had taken some Jekyl Hyde drug or something. One minute nice as pie the next, crazzzzzzzzy! I miss it though. Being home is very boring most of the time.

Semo: When I was at the law office the end of the year was always such a hoot. We would spend a ton of money to collect a pittance from a client before the end of the year. I remember the office manager sending one of our office service clerks to Chicago (about 2 hours away) to go and get a check and it was like $200 or something. They had to pay for his gas, his mileage, his lunch, tolls etc. Just to make those books look good by Dec 31.

Alicia's bridal shower is Feb 28th so I am looking forward to that. We are just going up for the weekend. Tig: gonna be up your way!

Calendar Girl's is a real gem. I boohooed through part of it and laughed and laughed. It is such a great girls movie, but the night we went it looked like 2 for one little blue haired old ladies at the salon day. Wall to wall gray/blue hair!

Well, everyone have a good afternoon. I am going to go and fold and put away my load of clothes before Jack gets home.

Faye

QuilterInVA
01-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Hi, ladies - busy as always. Doing okay this week with the food. I feel so much better when I eat right I can't believe I ever let go and then eat junk, gain weight, feel bad. Must be human nature!

Expecting a little snow tonight - that will be different!

Jello
01-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Greetings from the forgotten wasteland of snow. Geez, I hate this cold, white stuff. :p Still coming down like crazy just like it did all night long. And you're all familiar with my winter driving skills .... or lack thereof. Oh, I should just win the lottery and buy a tropical island. Yeah. Why don't I just do that? :rolleyes:

Went to Curves last night (before the snow started to fly) and worked out with a vengeance. What my WW leader told me about the weight "catching up" with me kinda freaked me out a bit. Then again, I guess I should be thankful for the warning? :dunno: Either way, it's got me working extra hard this week. Hope the feeling lasts.

Stopped at the grocery store after Curves ... along with half the population of the town, all making the "bread, milk and Alpo run". :crazy: I was lucky to get the last of the skim milk and some produce. Just enough to be able to go through the express check-out and get the heck outta there. Next time, I'll just eat what's in the house. If we don't have it, we're not going to be eating it. Hm, could be a good weight loss plan....

OK since I'm rambling aimlessly again (I blame the snow in my brain :lol: ) I guess I'll go. Later!

Tigerlily
01-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Hello. I feel like I'm stepping into a confessional. :^: I never did go check out Curves. I've decided to put it off financially until the first of March. I know...spend the money on myself. I just can't. Not right now.
The UAV (my truck) went in last week for new four-wheel drive and a radiator...it goes back next week for new ball-joints...and then for the finale...new tires. Cha-ching. But, by time all that is taken care of...and tax return time blesses my checking account...I'm going to Curves. Go ahead, beat me up.
Meanwhile...I've been accumlating WW info and going to start it at home for now. I also found a walking buddy for days the weather is nice. So, things are looking up...even if I'm not running full speed.

Quilter, I feel better when I eat right too. Wish I knew why the urge to return to bad habits also. Same with exercise. :chin:

Well, I have all the bric-a-brac torn down from the top of my kitchen cabinets. Dust bunnies galore up there calling my name...

MsRD
01-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Had a moment of truth today......walked in front of a full-length mirror (by mistake, of course!)......EGAD! How could I let myself go like that? I am beyond the 'pleasantly plump' stage. Ah, well, at least I didn't have any trouble ordering a salad for lunch!

GMA2ONE - 60 degrees and actually being able to take a walk outside sounds heavenly. It was 11 degrees when I left for work this AM.....and that doesn't include the wind chill!

TIG - tell me about Curves. I saw one opened not far from my home.....and am tempted.....though I don't know if I am in shape enough for a public gym!

JELLO - WTG with the weight loss! If the leader says it's gone, it's gone! By the way, I have found that I can deal with winter driving much better if I view it as a contact sport.

Would love to stay and chat longer.....but I have a cat trying to get my attention by standing on the keyboard. Later.....

Jello
01-16-2004, 09:09 AM
Darn it's COLD!!!! :( Woke up to 4 degrees this morning with wind chills around 20 below zero. Have I ever mentioned how I don't like winter? :^: Sun's out now but the snow is blowing and drifting nicely. Yuck.

LOL MsRD! Contact sport, eh? :lol: Well, that's one way to look at it.

Tiger, our UAV has about had it. :cry: Rich started it last night and the accelerator stuck. The only way we could get home was if he put it in neutral and stood on the brakes whenever we had to stop. Went immediately to the mechanic who was able to fix or replace or adjust or whatever and says it's OK but I was a wreck. (If you'll pardon the expression. :rolleyes: ) We had a huge fight about him driving that thing now that's it's gotten, in my opinion, very dangerous. Sadly, I think it's time to put the old thing out to pasture. It's just a matter of scraping together the $$$ to buy a new vehicle. :dunno:

And what does stress cause ol' Jello to do??? Yep, bring on the junk food! :nono: Oh well, today's a new day.

Gotta go. The heat is out in half of our building today. Going back toward the cafeteria for coffee requires a coat and mittens. But it'll keep me away from the vending machines I suppose.

SEMO
01-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Hi girls, nothing much going on here, just kind of have the blahs. No particular reason, should be happy it's FRIDAY and PAYDAY tho.

So sorry that you all are getting bombed with the cold weather. We have been very lucky this winter, it's been very mild so far. Not good for the farmers tho, it takes several days of a hard freeze to kill the insects that attack their crops. Of course being in the chemical business it's good for the company I work for.

I have several things that need to be done today so I'd better get with it.

Have a good weekend, stay warm.

Tigerlily
01-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Hey Gang! Where's our Friday Dance?! :cb: :cb: :cb:

Jello, it's funny...I'm the one in our family that wants to keep the Bronco. I think ours is a 95...so not falling of the wheels yet...just time for up keep. If we got something else new (DH truck is new), I'd have to get a J.O.B. And I don't see me getting a job so I can drive a new vehicle. I plan to have the old beast all fixed up for DS when he turns 16. Then I get to start on another one for younger DS....

It's cold here too and I'm about to get out in it. A friend is picking me up to go see the house they are renovating on the lake (Faye, Holm Lake)...then we are going out for lunch. My jeans are too tight on my stomach, so not much chance I'll over eat. Nothing like a throbbing reminder to be good. :dizzy:

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

QuilterInVA
01-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Happy weekend, ladies! Cold here but a heat wave to most of you - 22 degrees last night with a high of 32 today. At least we have no wind and the sun is shining. I was noticing last night when I left work it was still daylight - days are getting longer! I do hate coming to work and going home in the dark.

Going to a lecture and dessert buffet tonight - Pepper Cory, a noted quilter. Going to focus on her quilts and not the buffet! By the way, the BIG quilt show is coming up February 25-29 in Williamsburg, VA - Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest. If you're down this way and like quilts, try to stop. There will be 300+ quilts, wearable art, vintage clothes, to view and all kinds of supplies to buy to make your own. I'll be working as a scribe to the judges this year (pay for my classes this way) and taking a class in beading on quilts and the perfect quilt stitch. I've been to every show since they started. There are teachers and quilters from all over the world taking part.

Curves opens near my house on Monday. My question is, if I enroll there, can I attend other locations? There's also one near where I work.

gma22
01-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Gosh it sounds like I am the only one not freezing to death. It is 52 here today. I am cold but that is because I refuse to turn on the heat in the house.

Susan: Wow that show sounds awesome. I don't know how you guys do it. I was the quilting shows on tv and man am I lost in about 2 seconds. Maybe if I were a sewer, I would know what they heck they are talking about! :lol:

We joined the Y last night so tonight is our first time working out. Should be interesting dragging my butt onto a machine, which btw I have never used any workout machines!

I got a pleasant surprise last night. I had bought Jack the new Turbo tax program for this year and he figured our taxes last night. I go into a trance like state waiting for the bad news every year. Up until last year, we ALWAYS had to pay and we were making a pittance. Well, we are getting back $1700! WOOHOO Vegas here we come, refund there it goes..... :^:
This will really help pad the trip and we should get it back before we leave, hopefully. If not, we have it direct deposited so it will probably be deposited while we are on vacation/weding.

Tig: Start working on the weather, will ya? I would like some decent stuff when we are up there the end of next month. I don't have winter clothes much anymore. At least not the kind you need up there when they have one of those famous cold snaps like you guys have been having.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Faye

MsRD
01-17-2004, 09:29 AM
I figure anyday that I can make it thru the grocery checkout line without buying a candy bar is a good day and......yesterday.....well.......(sigh). Got on the scale this morning and it hasn't budged. But I am one of those 'cup is half full kinda girls', so I can say 'I haven't gained any weight today'. I have worked up to (don't laugh here) 10 minutes of low impact aerobics.....but that is 10 minutes of moving that I wasn't doing last year!

Keep giving us the warm weather reports, Gma2one.....somehow it makes me feel warmer! Well, that and a warm sweater. I asked my Dad once why our ancestors decided to settle in such a barbaric climate......he said they probably got this far and ran out of money and had to stay.....lol

The quilt show sounds fantastic. My DD is into quilting and she keeps encouraging me to try my hand at it. So far, I have resisted.....not for lack of interest, mind you.....more like lack of time. Darn fool job is putting a crimp in my life - an unfortunate necessity, I am afraid.
Have a great weekend, ladies!

gma22
01-17-2004, 06:50 PM
MS: Good for you! You will going great strides in no time. I remember the very first day I went out and walked. It is a half mile from my condo, around the complex lot and back again. I think it took me 1/2 hour and I was bushed. I did 1.35 miles on the treadmill today with 10 minutes at an incline, did some speed walking for about 20 of those minutes and stayed in my heart rate the whole time. Last January, I couldn't even use a treadmill because it was too fast for me. So, you keep at it and you will be upping your time in no time. You are doing great!

Faye

Jello
01-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Monday Funday anyone? Blah. Monday. Had to scrape half an inch of ice off my car this morning. And it's darn cold. Add to that the number of Philadelphia Eagles fans all moping around here, weeping in their coffee cups this morning. Oh, how I could have stayed in bed.... :dz:

But instead, I got up on the treadmill this morning. (OK, actually Rich shoved me out of bed and MADE me do it. :lol: ) And I've got to drink a couple gallons of water and eat very low points for the next couple days. Too much partying at the VFW. Uh, that was before the Eagles played. We did, however, get to celebrate the Patriots win. Go New England!!! :cheer:

Now what was I saying....?? Oh right. Have to try to undo all the damage I did over the weekend. Curves tonight, whether I want to go out in the cold or not. :coach: I'm gonna do this.....

Tigerlily
01-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Hi. Did anyone else get to see Oprah today? More of Bob Greene, but always motivational. Lots of success stories.
We are in the middle of a "lake effect" snow storm. Fun stuff :no:

Jello...not good NE won. My Colts lost. :p

Jello
01-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Oops. Sorry Tiger. But there's great joy in my household anyway. :^:

Internet is reeeeeeaaaallll slloooooow here today. Must be the cold. Yeah, that's it. Blame it all on this lousy white stuff. Anyway, this will be a quick post.

OK truth is, it has to be quick because Jello's already finished two bottles of water and really has to p**!!! :o

Hope you're all having a good day! :D

Tigerlily
01-20-2004, 11:03 AM
Where is everyone? Snowed in? I'm not snowed in, but still can't go anywhere. The Beastie Bronco is still in the shop. Poor thing needed new u-joints to go with it's new ball-joints...so the guy said...and now repairs are running a few hundred over the estimate. :s: At this rate, I'll never get to join Curves.
I'm feeling revived after the dose of motivation watching Oprah yesterday. Things are "clicking" again and hope I can ride the wave for awhile.
I'm off to clean. Spring clean fever has hit early. :D

Jello
01-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Oh this is weird. Tiger, you're the 2nd person in the past 10 minutes to mention that Oprah show. What's it all about!??! :?: Sounds like I should be sorry I missed it, whatever it was.

Please don't hate me but I have just about convinced Rich to get rid of the UAV. I worry about him every time he's driving it. It's let him down entirely too often and we're going to go broke as it nickels and dimes us to death. Oh I know he loves it so but maybe I can convince him that we'll find it a good home where it can run and play with the other old cars.... :rolleyes:

Having said that, my car's going in for state inspection on Thursday and I'll be needing to ride around in the Bronco. Hope it's only 1 day. :yikes:

Weigh-in tonight. NOT looking forward to it. I need to make a weekend resolution of some kind..... :chin:

Tigerlily
01-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Nah Jello, UAV's not for everyone. I think overall I have a Ford/Bronco fetish. I'd probably feel different if I had to drive to work every day. I'm back and forth to the school a few times a week...a whole 3 miles away...and to the store.

Oprah's show was with Bob Greene. Some points...sign a contract with yourself. Don't lie to yourself. Bob has a new website, getwiththeprogram.org. Oprah's website also has tidbits about the show.

I wonder where everyone is? I feel like I'm in a twilight zone. Everyone went to a party and we got left home alone. :dunno:

Tigerlily
01-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Almost forgot...Good luck at weigh-in tonight. *fingers crossed*

Jello
01-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Nah Tiger. The party's here and everyone else is missing it!

So there everyone! :p Neener neener neener!!

Thanks for sending along the good luck wishes.... :crossed:

QuilterInVA
01-20-2004, 05:01 PM
I'm here trying to stay warm. Feel like hibernating but the days are getting longer so spring is on its way. Flowers will be blooming next month - pansies from the fall planting then the regular spring stuff. Pansies stay all winter here. I had a rose still blooming on Christmas day - its in a sheltered part of the yard. The same one that withstood being covered with water during the flood from the hurricane.

Foodwise, as long as I keep the carbs to a minimum, I do good. As soon as I quit watching closely, I'm craving carbs and hungry all the time. Guess that should tell me something.

Jello, my husband had a Buick LeSabre that he drove for 13 years - would not have parted with it then but couldn't get parts anymore unless you could find them at the junk yard.

Jello
01-21-2004, 09:19 AM
Thanks Tiger! Your luck worked! :D I lost 0.2 lbs at weigh-in last night. Hey, it ain't much but I'll take it. I've been back at WW 8 weeks and have lost 7 lbs. I'm thinking slow and steady is what's going to work for me. I've lost weight every week except the first weigh-in after Christmas when I had a 1.4 gain. No more of that!

Feeling renewed and refreshed and all kinds of other good adjectives this morning. Hope the feeling lasts. Heck, I even remembered to bring my WW points counter and journal in to work today to really keep track. Jello's vow for this week: if I bite it, I write it!

:cbg: + :write: = :encore:

Oooh, fun with smilies...... :lol:

Boss is due back today after his trip to India. Been gone since Jan 9. And reviews are due to be done by Friday. Hey Tiger, a little more of that luck please???? :^:

SEMO
01-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies. Typed out a nice long post yesterday and it failed. It's something to do with this networking, somedays it just won't work. Anyway I've been busy, we installed all new computers yesterday and Monday. Can't believe that two years has gone by so quickly.

As of this morning I'm back on low carb. Same as Quilter, if I don't stay away or watch closely then I have all kinds of cravings. Then the snowball starts rolling, eat, eat, eat.

Nothing much going on, just cold and if it weren't for being worked to death, I'd be ready for spring.

QuilterInVA
01-21-2004, 02:19 PM
The Man is in London until Tuesday so I know where y'all are coming from...I've finally been able to work in peace and get caught up. Installing Dragon Speak today so that will be a bit of fun until I have to teach it to the Man. He won't read a manual and nothing should take more than one click of the mouse to be accomplished.

Went to Ruby Tuesday to celebrate a coworker's birthday and they now have a low carb menu...and it is good, too, but you have to watch the calories, it is not low fat for the most part - they actually serve pork rinds with one dish. I had tailipi, spinach and mashed cauliflower.

gma22
01-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Hello from the sunny south. It ain't warm here though at the moment!

Susan: Pork rinds? Good heavens! You made a good choice though.

Jello: Congrats on the loss. Take every oz you can get, it all adds up. Sorry you have the ole boss back today.

Tig: Have you melted yet or is that snow hanging around. I talked to my sister Sunday night I think it was (she lives in Granger) and she said she had a lot of snow. YCK! I certainly don't miss that. I hope it will be decent when I come up there for the bridal shower next month.

SEMO: Hope you are getting settled in with the new system. They are always such a pain to get the kinks out.

I am down 3.5 lbs since Monday, wahooo! We go every afternoon to the Y and workout and I am doing 40 minutes on the treadmill with at least 15 minutes with a fairly good incline. I have to tell you my latest "sticky."
Lord, Lord, I have an admirer at the gym at my age! Two days ago, this guy, who looks like he is pretty fit and works out a lot and I would say is at least 60-65 got on the treadmill beside me. In the middle of the routine, I accidently pulled out my earphones which dumped my cd player so I had to stop as it was going backwards down the treadmill! :lol: Anyway, I guess that gave him the opening he needed because he asked me if I was ok, then started talking to me (I DO NOT TALK WHEN I EXERCISE BECAUSE I AM CONCENTRATING SO HARD ON WHAT I AM DOING) I had to be nice but tried to keep conversation to a minimum. Got finished, he quit at the same time and wanted to continue to talk to me. I kind of told him to have a good workout and took off even though for some reason I get a little vertigo when I stop walking for about 30 seconds and had to pray I didn't fall on my face and give him another reason to come to my rescue. :lol: Then yesterday after Jack got off the treadmill beside me this guy comes up behind me and hops on the one Jack had been on. Now I would say it was coincidence except he came from the back of the room and there were 3 empty treadmills he passed by first before he got to me! Starts all over again. I guess he ignores my wedding ring, doesn't figure out I am married to the guy that is next to me or doesn't care. He wears workout gloves like weight lifting kind I guess so I don't know if he is wearing a ring or not. I told Jack about it, who finds it amusing of course. I cannot believe fat ole me is getting hit on by some old guy! I must have mucho charisma cause he has seen me from behind! :lol: :lol:

Well, I better get hoppin'. Have a good day everybody!

Faye

SEMO
01-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Yea Faye........down 3.5 pounds!
Here's Faye :tread: and here's Faye's Admirer :tread: Sigh... it must be nice having someone flirt with ya......... it's been awhile for me. Does make you feel good to know you still have it doesn't it.

Still trying to get the puters ironed out, we lease our equipment and it's so surprising how fast two years can go by.

We are having 250 tons of bulk fertilizer delivered today, you know what that means............ I'm about to get busy. I'M NOT READY!!!

Gotta run, have a good day.

MsRD
01-22-2004, 09:33 PM
WHOA! It sounds like all of you are being so successful in the weight department! Congrats to all and keep up the good work!

Semo - I get a headache just thinking about changing puter systems - hope everything is finally settling down!

Gma2one - Hooray for the 3.5pounds.....obviously other people at the gym are noticing too! (hehe) Sometimes that charisma stuff can just get out of hand!

Jello - you're working hard and it is beginning to show!

I think my scale is stuck.......either that or I have lost a whole 2 pounds and have hit a plateau! LOL Really, I do know what the problem is......a serious case of the munchies this past week....and a super busy week that didn't leave much time for exercise! The answer sounds so simple.......so why is it so hard to get up out of this chair and get started?
Have a great week, ladies!

gma22
01-23-2004, 10:17 AM
MRSRD: I posted this on my thread this week for our Target Tuesday topic. I was given a binder called in charge by one of the hospital personel when Jack had his heart attack. In it was this and I found it interesting. May spur you on!

EXCUSES:

I DON'T HAVE TIME
THERE IS NO PLACE TO EXERCISE
I'M TOO OLD, TOO FAT, TOO TIRED...
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES MAKES MY MUSCLES SORE
EXERCISING DOESN'T SEEM TO MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE WITH ME
I DON'T SEE ANY REASON TO BE PHYSICALLY ACTIVE
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY IS BORING
IT'S TOO HOT, TOO SUNNY, TOO COLD, RAINY,....

Now go back and give a good reason to counter each one above. For example:
Make a daily routine and stick to it, put it in a day planner for everyday
You have a home, you have a neighborhood
Start simple and slow with walking
do it gradually and drink lots of water
it takes time to see results, don't give up
your health, your heart, your joints, your brain...
pick several kinds of activities and mix them up
stay indoors with a friend, walk briskly in the mall....

The biggest thing is a routine. Once you have a routine, stick with it!

Faye

QuilterInVA
01-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Faye, great suggestions. May I add one my doctor told me - don't start and intense program if you aren't prepared to keep up with it forever - you'll start gaining as soon as you stop. Walking is something most of us can do - very cheap - and if you can't get outside, you can walk around the house or march in place. I have been doing this since I can't take the cold air with my asthma. I have a great walk-aerobics tape that really gives you a good workout.

Cafe976
01-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Happy Friday, gals!

My login screen tells me it's been more than a week since I dropped in - no I did not fall off the edge of the earth! I've been just bombarded with work at work. Do these people not know that I have better things to do? I ask you!! LOL. But you know, when the chips are down, I do whatever it takes because I know I have my internet days when things are slow.

That being said - I am exhausted! Looking forward to bonding with myself this weekend. ;)

peace-out!

MsRD
01-24-2004, 08:08 AM
Saturday is weigh-in day around here.....after this week, it wasn't anything I was looking forward to. But.......:hyper:.....that wonderful, beautiful scale reports I have lost another 2 pounds! I'll take it!

Gma2One.....thanks for the wonderful suggestions. I think routine is the answer...so, that will be my challenge this week.

Quilter....thank you for the exercise advice. I am not quite to the point of intense exercise.....lol! In the past, exercise has been my salvation, both physically and psychologically. Actually, I am waaaaaaaayyy too old to get into the more intense exercise.....I usually hurt myself doing it that way and then all exercise stops for long periods of time.

Cafe......working too hard again? I always find it amazing that the boss's priorities and mine somehow never mesh. I am still campaigning for a couch in the office, so I could get a little nap in every day......I would be so much more productive! And no, he isn't buying that story either!

Well.....after my good news this AM, the adrenaline is flowing, so better take advantage of this excess energy and shovel out the family room!
Have a great weekend, ladies!

gma22
01-26-2004, 08:32 AM
I think everyone from this thread must have taken a vacation this weekend! I figured I'd have a lot of catching up to do. I don't get the time to come here as often as I used to. My thread is a lot bigger and managing it takes a lot of time now.

MrsRD: Woohoo, way to go! Keep up the good work with the loss.

As for me, I have my official "weigh in" on Mondays as that is the day I start a new daily tracker page. I was down a whopping 7.5 lbs this week. I LOVE that treadmill! I did 6 days this week even going when dh didn't except for one day and we skipped, went out to eat (which I said I wasn't going to do), I had alfredo, bad girl, bad bad girl, and still lost! The power of exercise, you can't beat it.

Tig: I think you are mentally willing the snow down here! We had a 66 degree temp yesterday and about the same today then it goes into the 20's tonight and we are supposed to get some snow tomorrow. Frightening to live here in snow. The drivers are so crazy.

Everybody have a good Monday, don't work too hard, and stay OP!

Faye

QuilterInVA
01-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Well, we had 6 inches of snow last night, then it turned to rain so we have snow with a lovely ice crust. I followed the snowplow part of the way to work today - drove slow and made it with no problems, once I fell twice cleaning my car off. Good thing I bounce good on my rear end! I used to live up North so driving on snow is not a problem for me. I have the farthest to come (27 miles) and am the only one who made it. Boss is still in London.

Holding at 155 pounds!

Tigerlily
01-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Snow, snow, go away! Go to Faye! :lol:
Really, it's still snowing here. School was cancelled today and it's not looking good for tomorrow either with a forcast of sleet for this afternoon and winterstorm warning for tonight. Me, stuck in the house with the kids. :headache:
I'm trying to get off coffee again. My plan...drink tea during the week and occasional coffee on the weekends. I hope I can do it this time. I know coffee is one of my trigger foods. Coffee & cookies, coffee & donuts, coffee cake....
It sounds like everyone has dropped a few lbs lately. :high: Everyone except me. But, my head is still in the game and I'm trying to get there. :yes:
If I can wrestle the computer away from the kids, I'll be back later today. :devil:

Jello
01-26-2004, 11:41 AM
I hate winter!!! :mad:

Have you heard? :rolleyes:

Snow and ice last night into this morning and it's supposed to get even worse tonight into tomorrow. And why why why is there always some :censored: driving, or should I say sliding, at 50 MPH like a lunatic trying to kill someone out there!?!

Whew! OK, I've vented. Roads around here are kinda' trecherous but my driver (that'd be Rich) took it carefully and calmly and ignored the fact that my fingers were making permanent impressions in his dashboard. :stress:

Um, how many days till Spring anyway?

Weekend was quiet ... and that's a good thing. ;) Didn't do much of anything and didn't feel the slightest bit guilty. :p Gotta have that every now and then.

Well, as you may have noticed, I've got nothing to report. I'll go. Boss is at home waiting for some repairman or another so he may or may not be in today. I'm still waiting for my review that was supposed to have been done by January 16. :rolleyes: It's OK. I want to make sure he has plenty of time to spend with me. We have things to discuss. :s:

Talk to you all later.

Cafe976
01-26-2004, 01:20 PM
Hey all! umm, Monday funday? It's snowing here too. Enough said.

Congrats on the losses MsRD and Faye!

Relatively quiet at the office this a.m. - I think I recovered this weekend from the past couple of weeks. Now I just need a "normal" week to restore my faith in the routine. So far so good!

Sis & BIL, and Nephew, and Grandma and Grandpa are all going to Hawaii in two weeks. Looking at tickets today, don't think it's in my power to go -but I wish I was!

Tig - I've been easing off the caffiene, mixing the decaf and reg when I make a pot. So far I'm 60% decaffinated. I don't think I can ever give up the coffee, but I figure it sure would be easier if I wasn't physically addicted to the caffiene!! It seems to be helping my stress levels a little - and it makes sense not to produce artifical stress for no good reason. Babysteps! I can so relate about the "Coffee And" syndrome. For a while it was one word for me, as in "I'm going out for a coffyand." lol!

Gotta cruise... been dallying too long.

Tigerlily
01-26-2004, 05:48 PM
Good Evening. Still slow here. Geeze, ya'd think you people had jobs or something. :p
Cafe, I tried easing into decaf a few times. I kept blamming DH. He wants full zing coffee. And, I enjoy having coffee with him on the weekends. So, I'm going to allow myself to drink with him on the weekends. No more big 'ole pot to myself during the week. :o
Jello, spring would be nice. But, then I have to start mowing again. :devil:
The weatherman is calling today "the calm before the storm". :fr:
I can't remember...did any of you buy Dr Phils book? Did I tell you my location doesn't belong to a library? Yeah, I'm thinking about buying it again. :dizzy:

DNW
01-26-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi My Sweeties!!

Just catching up with all your posts. I have been so busy in work and shoveling snow, salting sidewalks, shivering, being achy and old.....W-a-h-h-h-h!! :cry: I have so-o-o had it with this really frigid weather. Was it this cold last year?????

Started school on Saturday again, Developmental Psych...let's see if I can figure out why I am such a screwball?? :dizzy:

Still missing Bob...I just wish the big "V" day would come and go quickly...that was "our" big holiday...he made such a big deal out of it. Sigh!

On a more familiar note that everyone might relate to...I am still at 250 and have to really push myself to do better. I really want to be down to 220 by June. And I have to say that my lower back is just killing me...first time in my life I have had such pain...and it's all from the weight and no exersize. I'm not making excuses but it is really hard to stay motivated to exersize and deal with not having Bob around...but I have to persevere...can't give up the fight here emotionally or physically.

Having my niece, Greer, with me is working out fine. She is so helpful and since she is family rarely questions my judgement or thought processes, and usually understands my point of view immediately...take note Bob wherever you are floating about on those clouds up there...:lol: Seriously she does my heart good.

Enough about me...you all sound great...will try to post more often.

Jello
01-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Calm before the storm here too, Tiger. Got up this morning to light sleet but it's supposed to get heavier, then snow, then back to sleet and freezing rain. I'm just hoping I can get home tonight. And if tomorrow morning is as bad as they think, I won't be here! :snooty: So not worth it!

But I'm such a good girl. Got home last night and checked the WW page online and saw a Monday night class starting in 10 minutes!! :o I was afraid with the weather I wouldn't get to my regular Tuesday class so I raced to the one last night. Down 0.4 lbs. I admit I was disappointed, thought it'd be more, but what can you do? :dunno: It's better than UP 0.4 lbs, I suppose.

DNW, so glad to hear from you! :wave: Geez, Developmental Pysch! You can analyze all of us! Nah, that'd just get scary. :dizzy:

Cafe, I did the easing off caffeine too. Now I drink only decaf ... most of the time. I still "indulge" in the "real" stuff when I need a jump-start in the morning, but only one cup at most. And the occasional tea and diet soda with caffeine too. In the evening, it's herbal tea and nothing stronger. I really don't miss the caffeine ... much. ;)

Well, all, I have to get to work. Looks like a small crew again today and who knows for how long. Hm, spring starts on March 20 this year??? How many days....? Oh heck, I'd settle for just seeing the sun!

:sunny:

Nope, that didn't help....

gma22
01-27-2004, 12:16 PM
Sounds like most of you are stuck in the house with the weather! It turned cold here and a couple flakes, but we will survive I guess! It is supposed to warm back up to mid 50's by the weekend.

Tig: I blew the snow back at you where it belongs! Just hope that by the end of February the weather decides to take a change for the better!

DNW: Dev Psych was my first Psych class, very early morning class, and as I was 38 when went to college the first time, I was amused by all the younger kids coming to class in pjs and what not. Here I was all dolled up like I was going to some office or something and the chick next to me really did have pj's on! A funny story about my exploits with that class. I am highly rodent phobic and of course Pavlov's dog and the experiments were part of my class. We had a film scheduled that dealt with animals and how they reacted and of course the majority were going to be rodents! I MADE my poor husband come to class with me that day, we sat in the back and he watched the film and whispered info on it to me so I could take notes. I COULDN'T LOOK UP! Gives me the shivers just to think about it. :lol: :lol:

Jello: You are doing fine. Keep up the good work with your program!

We had a shooting here yesterday only a mile from the house and right in the path I used to walk all the time. They were trying to serve a drug warrant to someone in an apartment and the people inside shot both the officers. Luckily they are going to be ok, but this happened in another part of town just a few days ago and the one police officer is still in serious condition. Kevlar vests are mandatory here, but you can't put the police in body armor. It is pretty sad.

Have a great day ladies!

Faye

Cafe976
01-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Hey everyone! This screen has been up on my computer forever, waiting to be filled out. Take care, all of you in the bad weather zones. Let it be known that my boss is out there with you, please keep him as long as possible. >:) Another boss is in San Francisco, but I feel for his wife and twins so he can come home.

A buddy of mine is temping at my company, and is willing to go for a 20-25 min walk in the skyways on any given day (except Tuesday) during lunch. Yay! Walking buddies are good. :yes: I've done this many times alone but it's pretty boring, I've got to admit.

Faye - That's a sad & scary story re: the shooting. Makes it sound like a war zone! I'm glad you guys joined the gym so I don't have to worry about you out there.

Well I'm off. It's a little relaxed here this week but I can't let it pile up - so back to the grind.

~~~~~~~

Jello
01-28-2004, 09:46 AM
OK, spent all day yesterday eating! I swear. :mad: I never stopped. Snacking at my desk all darned day long! :cry: Don't know why - weather, boss, stress, boredom.... All of the above???? :dunno: And it's carried over into today it seems. Big snow and ice storm here means I'm pretty much all alone in my department and all alone on phones.

Since I can't leave my desk, you'd think I couldn't get to food, eh? Oh but I've already found a way to snag a piece of the chocolate chip cake someone brought in. I wolfed it down ... it was AWFUL ... made me sick to my stomach ... ate it anyway! I'm afraid of where this snowball is rolling..... :eek:

I'm here to ask you all for help :gossip: because I know this is where I can get it. Help and support :grouphug: . And a little tough love?? :coach: HHHHEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!

QuilterInVA
01-28-2004, 10:11 AM
HEY, JELLO - put that down right now! Girl, I eat when I'm bored myself but we just can't do that. One thing that helps me is to tell myself I can have it in 15 minutes after I drink a glass of water - usually I get on to something else and forget about it. If all else fails, pour the water on it! Jello, I know you can do this.

Tigerlily
01-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Miss Jello, it's not what you do occasionally that defines your way of life. Don't use this blunder as an excuse to be off the wagon for several days. Climb back on! Think about spring and looking hot & healthy in some trendy summer clothes! :cb:

SEMO
01-28-2004, 12:09 PM
Just popping in quickly with a hello. Jello, I use those little Listerine pocket mints, ALOT. They sure stop the desire to eat anything for awhile, after you take one you just worry about catching a breath again. lol.

Gotta run.

gma22
01-28-2004, 01:44 PM
Jello: Ok girl, there is always room for JELLO not cake, cookies, candy... Just think about where you can go not where you have been. It is tough when boredom sets in, it makes me want to eat eat eat. Get busy with SOMETHING and keep those hands busy and not around a ham sandwich either. TYPE, FILE, ACCOUNT, DEFRAG, something!!!! You can do it, we are here for you!!!!

I did my first workout with weights and machines this morning. A puny 10 minutes but did 3 lbs weights and 60 lbs on the machines so I am trying to set myself up to do that everyday after I get finished with my treadmill work now that I know how to use some of the darn machines!

I see that a lot of you are still buried under ice and snow according to the news this morning. I hope you get a warm up soon! We are supposed to get into the upper 4's today, but it is still in the 20's so I don't know!

Hope everyone is doing well. Work hard girls!

Faye

Tigerlily
01-28-2004, 03:15 PM
Three "no school snow days" in a row. :headache:

Faye, to give you an idea how bad it is...South Bend/Mishawaka schools actually closed today. They never close. Just us schools out in the cornfields close because of drifting snow.

I did get out of the house today. Main roads aren't too bad. Went to the grocery and took the boys out to lunch. When we came home, there was a truck off the road in our neighbors yard. Luckily help had already arrived...otherwise I would have felt obligated.

Jello, have you recovered? Maybe you should keep a catalog of swimsuits in your desk for emergency therapy. :yes: I was looking at the new JCP catalog today. I hate looking at the clothes wondering "what would look best", "cover the most".

Well, laundry to do, dishes to put away and sidewalk to shovel. :devil:

Jello
01-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Whew! Yes, I've recovered. Been a long time since I ate so much junk that I felt sick. :sorry: Blah. Thanks to all you great friends for the suggestions, support and general butt-kicking! :drill: I needed it! Had a nice nutritious lunch and haven't been snacking since.

Tiger, loved the idea of swimsuit catalog therapy and, Semo, I'd forgotten about those Listerine tabs that I have in my desk. Great ideas!! :D

My Curves has been closed for the past 3 days. They posted that when the local school district closes, they are closed as well. So I listen to the list of closed schools every morning now. No school for the kids - no school for Jello. Just have to blow the dust off Richard Simmons (the videos that is! :lol: ) and get busy tonight.

Meanwhile, just gotta get through the next couple hours. Boss is "in a mood" today :rolleyes: so I'm trying my best to avoid him. Been quite the cat-and -mouse game. Would be funny if it weren't so frightening!

Thanks again you guys! :thanks:

DNW
01-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Jello....No-o-o-o, you don't ever have to overeat again...you are stronger than any food and nothing tastes as good as feeling great about yourself and feeling healthy...I will say a prayer for you. Besides one slip does not make a landslide...try OA meetings they help, and they are practically free.

Yes I too dug with the electric shovel and the metal shovel and my hands and my feet. After 5 hours my niece and I were done...stick a fork in us!! :lol: Now I am at work. Oh God please, please, can't we have Spring a few months early this year.

Love to all!

huntress
01-28-2004, 06:34 PM
HI TO ALL!

Just wanted to jump in and give you all a quick "hello". I'm back up to my all time high (weight wise) even though I started back on WW at the beginning of the year. I'm still smoke free and that's whats really important to me now considering that I've just been diagnosed with high blood pressure. Doing some research now on something call the "DASH" diet.

Anyways I hope you're all doing well, Carol Ann I noticed you're posting again.........big hugs :grouphug:

I LOVE all the new smilies!

Hope to get caught up with you all soon.

LJ

MsRD
01-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Whew! I rushed in after reading Jello's call for help.....only to find she was already in recovery! WTG girl.....Mom used to call it pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps...just proves that we all have it in ourselves to change and improve our lives. The Skinny Daily Post today was all about this very thing. This deranged munching condition usually hits me when I haven't been eating properly to begin with.....the body/brain keeps telling me I need food, yet fails to differentiate between carrot sticks or chocolate chip cookies. I try to drown my confusion with water, like Quilter....and that sometimes helps.

I have nearly cut all the caffeine out of my diet. I am down to 1-2 cups of tea per day...and the rest water, sometimes juice. Really don't know how I did it.....just kept cutting back and never made a big deal out of it.......and, if I really need it, an occasional diet coke seems to curb the cravings.

DNW.....I have the same problem staying motivated to exercise. Exercise not only helps me physically, but relieves stress as well. When the weather is nice, I take the dog out for a run nearly every day.....but since I am now up to my forward flange in snow, exercising indoors is my only option.

GMA2ONE should be my inspiration......working out with weights yet! I am impressed! Now that is one determined lady!

Well, laundry calleth.......later you guys

QuilterInVA
01-29-2004, 09:21 AM
Jello, we knew you could do it! Put them bad snacks behind you, that is! :bravo:

Huntress, welcome back. Congrats on having quit smoking. I quit several years ago so I know where you are coming from. The weight is better than the smoking is what my doctor said, but then he said to get the weight off. There are 2 levels of the DASH diet. I have high blood pressure sporadically and we don't know why so I have put the DASH into South Beach - sounds like a new exercise program doesn't it! It's amazing how much sodium is in prepared and canned foods, lunch meat, etc. You are better off cooking from scratch with plain fresh or frozen vegetables.

huntress
01-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the info Susan. I got a call from my Doctor yesterday after I wrote that post, he was calling to let me know he'd gotten my test results back and my thyroid is not functioning. No telling how long this has been going on since to the best of my knowledge it's never been checked. It helped my feelings a lot to know that I was doing right it was just circumstances beyond my control causing the gain.

Back to his office this afternoon for more tests, then it's off to the dentist so I'll see you all again tommorow.

LJ

Cafe976
01-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Huntress - Huge news. Those pounds are going to be flying off you when they give you the thyroid stuff! I can almost FEEL your relief. ;) Nice to "see" you here.

I'll try to stop back later - it's busy season and work is steady so I can't take too long a breather. In the meantime just wanted to say "hey!" to everyone.

~~~~~~~~~

QuilterInVA
01-29-2004, 03:40 PM
Huntress, there's great thyroid info at www.thyroid.about.com - I'm on 300mcg of levoxyl and finally doing better. Takes awhile to get the dosage right and they have to increase it slowly because too much is also bad. Unfortunately, the weight doesn't fall off once it gets going. Also exercise is a must and what you eat can also make a difference.

Jello
01-30-2004, 09:38 AM
TGIF! Friday Funday! ;) So glad this one is almost over. However, today is the deadline for all the managers to have their employees reviewed. Haven't had mine yet. :stress: I'm going to demand more than the usual 2 minutes at 5:00.

DNW, I've often thought about OA meetings. Hm.... :chin:

Huntress, must be a relief to know the cause of the weight loss problems.

MsRD, thanks anyway. It's the thought that counts. And I'm sure I'm going to slip up again every now and then. Um, what's the Skinny Daily Post?? :^:

Quarterly luncheon today. Pizza and cookies. Who's lousy idea was that!?!? But I've had a light breakfast and will have ONE slice with veggies, eat sllloooowwly and walk away. Then we all get to sit and listen to the company prez. tell us how bad we're doing. Looks like another wage freeze coming. :cry: Yeah, yeah. I keep telling myself that at least I have a job, etc. And once I straighten out that :censored: boss of mine..... :rolleyes:

Gotta run. Stuff to do. They're working on our heating unit today (yes, it is a whopping 18 degrees outside) so it could get interesting. Good reason to spend the day jogging around the building or something. :dance:

Lookin' at the bright side....

Tigerlily
01-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Friday?! I'm so confused. Three snow days and one two hour delay. Today is the first regular day of school the kids have had all week. I was scared they might close due to the cold...but lucky for me they didn't. :p We are suppose to get another load of snow Monday. Joy.

Does anyone have any big Super Bowl plans? On the morning show this morning they made Reuben Pizza. I'm going to go fetch the ingredients this afternoon to make a small one. Something different for the game. I won't be much into watching the game, but hope to catch some of the commercials. After the game...Allstar Survivor. :spin:

Jello, not that it matters once ya get below 0 degrees anyway...but it's -1...with the windchill -25. If I didn't have family here, I'd blow this popsicle stand.

About the thyroid stuff- a friend of mine who had always been very thin gained some weight and was feeling tired all the time. Turned out to be her thyroid. She started taking meds, got skinny again and isn't tired all the time.

I'm off to make a grocery list. :wave:

Cafe976
01-30-2004, 11:19 AM
Wahoo! It's Friday.

Well I don't have too much to say this morning, except that I'm sure glad the weekend is here. Just realizing fully today that FEBRUARY begins on Sunday. That's my difficult month, for some reason. So I'm thinking about what my strategy may be.

Should I go ahead and and run up my credit card to get out of town?

Should I stay at home all month but spice it up by taking every Friday off?

Will I breeze through it with no problems because my new tanning booth strategy?

Hmmm.

Jello - I'm sending the vibes to you! That is to say the "Jello successfully directs her own performance review process to her satisfaction and, if possible, profit" vibes. Go girl!

edited to add - OmiGOSH Tiger - All Star Survivor! That needs a Wahoo! all by itself. I'm embarrassed to say how excited I am. My favorite show. Mmmm.. Ethan.... :D

sweetmagnolia
01-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Hello. I am new to the board. I just joined curves the 27th of Janurary.Me and my 13 yr. old daughter. I was wondering if anyone else has used this and had success? I also could not find out how to post a new post. So I had to stick this somewhere. I am looking for help from anyone. :D

sw 210
G 140

Jello
01-30-2004, 12:12 PM
Well, SweetMagnolia, if ya gotta stick it somewhere, here's a good place! :lol: Seriously, welcome. There are a lot of separate "groups" on this forum ... but we're the best! :p Please join our little group of "losers" and tell us about yourself. BTW, I've been going to Curves since last March/April :?: and I LOVE it! Lost some inches and pounds here and there but mostly it just makes me feel goooooood. :D

Cafe, run up the credit card!!! That's my motto! .... uh, hold it... did she say tanning booth strategy???? Oooooh.....

BTW Cafe, were you able to say all that "...directs her own performance review..." in one breath!?!? Wow. I'm happy to report that ...

YES I DID!!!!!! :encore: Not that it'll make a whole lot of difference but the days of me just sittin' here 'n' takin' it are so over!

Tiger, Reuben Pizza!? Ooooh, ahhh! :T Let us know how it comes out! I'm spending the Super Bowl at the VFW cheering for those New England guys with some friends. Yes, beer and food will be plentiful. I've already bought bottles of water and am taking them with me. One bottle of water for each light beer that I drink. That's the rule. The food is going to be a bigger challenge. :(

The luncheon pizza is due to arrive any minute :eek: so I have to go. But I'll be having some tanning booth daydreams to carry me through the cold.

Ahhhhhhh...... :sunny:

QuilterInVA
01-30-2004, 12:46 PM
Have a great weekend, ladies - and watch that food devil during the Super Bowl! Boss is finally getting caught up so I have tons to do today.

MsRD
01-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Tomorrow is weigh-in day around here.....cross your fingers!
I have done a little better in the exercise department this week, so maybe that will neutralize the eating 'sins' committed!

Jello - The Skinny daily Post is a weight loss support news letter....written by a woman who has BTDT. ( try www.skinnydaily.com) There is also a group in the 3FC forums that discusses the news letter, etc.....look for the Skinny Daily Post forum

Tig - SuperBowl Sunday! The kids will be down, but will probably leave around kickoff time cause they have little ones to get home and to bed on time. By that time, I will be in my easy chair with my feet up.....maybe a little popcorn on the side.

Welcome, SweetMagnolia.....I am a newbie here myself, but can tell you this group is the greatest! We look forward to your posts..

Gotta go for now.....have a great weekend all!