South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 01:47 PM   #1  

Default Have a question.

I was just wondering, how much people have actually lost on the SBD. The book has a lot of 30 pounds here, 15 pounds there, but I need to lose 75! How long will it take me to do this? Over a year? I don't want to wait that long!! I know that instant gratification is not something I will get with this WOE, and I feel great, not that hungry, sometimes, not hungry at all. But I wanted you guys to share with me the amounts of weight you've lost and how long you all have been on this diet. Thanks a bunch!
Old 11-14-2003, 02:32 PM   #2  
Imagine...

Been op since the end of July and have lost 25 pounds.....Of course there have been a few falls off the SB wagon, and I'm not that crazy about exercise.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:19 PM   #3  
In Control: E+R=O

Hi Weightlady!!

Since July I have lost 21 pounds (and I have not been doing too well the past few weeks with staying OP, so have been pretty much maintaining for the past month or so). I plan to lose about 60 more pounds. I do anticipate that it will take me a year to get to my goal weight.....but I can live with that. I didn't put all this weight on in a few months, so I don't expect to lose it in a few months. Besides, a slow loss is healthier, and from what I read people who lose weight slower tend to keep it off better than those who lose weight quickly.

Huh, weird, I was just proof-reading my message before posting it, and I just realized that I said I plan to lose about 60 more pounds instead of what I used to say (I would like to lose about 60 more pounds . I guess reading Dr. Phil's book is starting to pay off in terms of my self-talk.....cool!!
Old 11-15-2003, 05:16 AM   #4  
Mous

Time can be your friend or enemy.

I celebrated my 4th month aniversary yesterday. I have lost 21.5 pounds. All total I have lost 43!

By losing weight slowly, you will keep it off. You are NOT on a diet, but are on a journey to eat right, make healthy choices and think that you CAN and WILL do this no matter how long it takes.

One pound a week is 52 a year and for some they lose 2 pounds a week....104 a year! Why, that is an entire person!!

Good Luck

ME
Old 11-15-2003, 06:50 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Have lost and kept off 16 pounds since July. But I've been cheating terribly for a couple of months... I could have lost another 5-10 by now...
Must get back on track...
Old 11-15-2003, 12:39 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

I've lost 20ish pounds since July. BUT 12 of those were this past month on SBD. If you stick with it and exercise regularly, and don't go off plan at all, you will do your best. I don't expect to lose 12 pounds every month, though. It really just depends on you - your metabolism, how much exercise and water you get, and how closely you stick to the plan. I used to have 'reward meals' every 5 pounds. I never seemed to get very far! I am not doing that anymore. I just want to go straight through and focus.

Somebody posted here a while back 'Keep your eye on the prize' and I keep remembering that. I don't know how long it will take me. Looking forward, though, definitely seems to be a longer road than looking behind me. I guess what I am trying to say is don't worry about how long it takes you if it discourages you.

The thing is - you will always have to watch your eating habits or else gain it back. Don't look at a diet as a temporary solution. Once you get the weight off, you have to keep it off. If you go back to your eating habits pre-SBD, or pre-any other diet, you will go right back to where you started. It might take you 8-12 months to LOSE the weight, but after that, it only slightly changes to maintain it. This is a lifetime project, but your eating habits will be so much better at the end, you won't WANT to go back to your old eating pattern.

Don't give up, and stay focused! It isn't such a long ride as it looks. You'll be losing weight and feeling better all along the way, and that will probably be enough to keep you satisfied until you get there.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:16 PM   #7  

Jennifer,

You summed it up beautifully

Julie
Closed Thread