Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 08:54 PM   #1  

Smile 8-DAY NO SWEETS CHALLENGE....who's in?

OK, some of you may think I'm crazy at this point....but that's all right!
Anyway, I'm embarking on a super-challenging challenge: EIGHT DAYS with no treats/goodies!!! It will start tomorrow morning (Friday 11/14), and go through next Friday (11/21). So the "big treat" day is Saturday 11/22. This time I'm going to be SURE to get what *I* really want for my treat (I went along w/ my husband on the ice cream last time, and it was NOT what I had my heart set on!).
So....we start tomorrow morning (actually, I'm already done for the night anyway).
Anyone & everyone feel free to join! Or, if not, at least support me in this ambitious venture! My sister in Minnesota has already decided to join me in this challenge (I *know* she's competitive, she just couldn't resist it!).

I just wanted to give myself another kick in the rear!!

Jen

Old 11-13-2003, 11:17 PM   #2  
Movin' and Losin'

You are brave, Jen! An eight day no-sweets challenge?? Wow!!

Well, as you might remember from the last challenge, I don't eat sugar. But, I do use artificial sweetner, and sometimes I use way too much! So, I'm going to limit it to one packet a day -- no cheating!! I've heard that it can stall weight loss, so I've really got to watch myself.

Great idea, Jen! I needed this!

Jina
Old 11-14-2003, 02:45 PM   #3  
it's the getting up

Ok, my goal is 8 days without a Coke. That is my sweet of choice so I will detox from that monster! Here we go!
Old 11-14-2003, 05:20 PM   #4  

Default Day 1: so far, so good...

Glad to have you 2 joining me! And I like how you make the challenge apply to you--that's a smart way to do it.
Today has been fine....I find I enjoy challenging myself in these ways (though I don't think I'd really go any LONGER than the 8 days).....
Here we go!

Jen
Old 11-15-2003, 02:30 PM   #5  
it's the getting up

Smile

So far so good! Have mindlessly thought about grabbing a coke each time I go to the store but I was soooo strong and passed it right up- thank god I don't keep the stuff at the house! Didn't realize how often I like to have something to sip on, definately need to start packing my nalgene bottle around more.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:05 PM   #6  

Default Day 2

so far, so good! It hasn't been hard today, and I'm thankful for that...I get focused on succeeding at the challenge, and then I don't even *think* about being able to have something sweet!

Next Saturday will be here before we know it!
Old 11-15-2003, 06:25 PM   #7  
Movin' and Losin'

Same here.... so far, so good. I found a sugar-free syrup that I can add to coffee, so I bet that will help lessen my sweetner use. I'm really excited to try it! Keep up the good work, ladies!!

Jina
Old 11-16-2003, 09:58 PM   #8  

Talking Day 3....goin' strong...

Today we had to tell my MIL "no thanks" on the brownie w/ ice cream for dessert! Our favorite! But they were good sports & didn't have any either. It actually wasn't *that* hard to pass up....I just like challenging myself & succeeeding at it, more than I like having the dessert, I think.
Anyway, the challenge is going well & we will make it!!!

Jen
Closed Thread