Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 12:57 AM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default chit chat #17

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Angie
Old 11-13-2003, 01:03 AM   #2  
Give me strength

Sorry about being MIA working full time and theatre at night is taking its toll. 3 more shows left...YAY!!! Our store is decorating for christmas already,,,36 small 1 foot trees 36 2 foot trees and 36 3 foot trees,,,,add that up plus a 10 foot tree,,,8 buckets all with lights and clustered berries and pine cones and you got winter wonderland in our store...my hands ache from pulling the branches apart and twisting the wired berries onto the branches.
Marti hope BIL is ok,,,breaking the jaw is a horrible thing to happen, more so then an arm or leg.
Good for you all that lost some pounds this past while!
Ill post more in the next couple of days, days off...sigh
Have a dentist appointment tomorrow,,,oh yay...arghhh I don't know if anyone else has a phobia about dentists...I do and spend the whole time so stiff that my body cramps. I sometimes even cry...I don't like that...anyways Ill visit more later
Angie
Old 11-13-2003, 04:08 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies~

Sorry for being MIA, just have been so busy and pooped come the evening.

Marti, glad to hear your BIL brother is fine and going home, and you found the new smilies. Don't ya just love them? And the ladies are right-you are not a failure. There is NO WAY I could do atkins and I give you credit for trying it. Not anyone program is going to be right for everyone and you shouldn't feel like a failure because Atkins isn't working of you. It just means you probably need to try something else. I have tried a few different things also and I decided I will not deprive myself of anything. I can't tell you how many times I have read this in books and magazines that when you deprive yourself of the things you enjoy, you usually end up binging and in the end that is worse than if you just had whatever it was you were craving. As long as you don't go to the extreme. I follow WW for the most part and I say most part because I am not counting points any longer. From doing it for a while I know what I eat and it is set in my mind how much I should eat. I have found that by not depriving myself of what I want, I usually end up not wanting the junk. Of course I do have those days where I totally mess up but I am working on it. Because for me it has to be something I can follow the rest of my life, it's not just a temporary fix. Anyway, you will have to post a new photo of you with your haircut. I too think you look fabuous with short hair! I know what you mean about long hair. I like it sometimes but for the most part I prefer short hair. But I can't wear short hair-my face is too fat and I look better with shoulder length hair with layers, and I am dying for a haircut. I don't know if I can wait till it grows out another two inches for locks of love. Sending you some good vibes for your exam tomorrow. I know you will do GREAT! :

Angie, the stores around here have been decorated for a while. Hobby Lobby (a craft store) has had Christmas stuff since the end of June or July. I have seen a couple of houses decorated also, that was two weeks ago I saw this. I thought it was a bit early but hey to each his own. Sending you some good vibes for your dentist appointment. : I too am deathly afraid of the dentist. I get so tense. If I would just relax it probably wouldn't be so bad but I can't. What I do though when I go is try to find a picture or something to focus on. The dentist I go to they have put the chairs in front of a window so if I am upright I try to look outside and think good things. Of course when you are laying back in the chair you are looking at the ceiling, then I try to think of a good song or what I have planned for the day. I think they should put some pretty pictures on the ceiling.

Petra, I think your goals are fine, 140-145 sounds fine to me. But it is your body and only you know what you will be comfortable at. I am the same height as you and aiming for 150-155 because that is what I think I will be comfortable at. Years ago before I got married & had kids I was at 130-135 and at that time it was fine for me even though people (family) told me then I was fat and needed to lose weight. But that was so long ago. When I married for the second time I was at 160 and I was very comfortable at that weight, so I just think it all depends on you and your body. Also, when I was at 130-135 I wore a 12/13/14 depending on the pants, but a large/xlarge shirt, again depending on the top. But again it depends on your body because while I am the same height as you I have a high/thick waist and I have never had a flat stomach. About palying, we too in the summertime have a badminton set we put up that we play, you definitely get a work out. I also enjoy hiking, discovering the country side. For the most part I enjoy going to the park. This park I go to is 2-miles around with ins and outs throughout it so going there and walking or riding my bike is fun for me. I love to walk and bike. We also like to go to the lake where they have a bike trail. I just enjoy the scenery. WTG on your loss this week and 25 pounds gone! WOOHOO

Kayecee, glad to hear you and hubby are on the mend. Men can be real buttheads sometimes!

Ladies, I really need to get off this thing. I have spent way too much time trying to catch up with everyone. I will definitely check back later this evening. Take care and EVERYONE have a GREAT day!
Old 11-13-2003, 07:34 PM   #4  

Talking Hey Y'all!

How's it going? Pretty good day here! One of my students was absent so right off the bat I had 30 minutes of free time. Then one of the teachers wanted me to do her group in the morning instead of the afternoon. I was able to cram it into my schedule. So this afternoon, I had another free time from 11:30-1:10. Recess was at 1:10, so there was another 15 minutes. I spent all that free time piddling.... uh... I meant.... doing paperwork.. yeah, that's right..... paperwork. What? Don't y'all believe me? LOL I really did catch up on some stuff and totally disinfected my room. (We have a stomach virus, measles, and chicken pox cases at the moment in elementary. )

Petra- While your boys are practicing or playing sports, is there a place that you can walk during down time? That may work. I like shopping too. (Unfortunately, my wallet loses more than I do. ) I scored yesterday though. I went to my local grocery store and found bags of frozen Birdseye broccoli or cauliflower with a sign that said 75 cents!! I piled 20 bags on my cart and headed for the front. The cashier looked at me weird then started scanning them. They started ringing up over $2 each. I stopped her and when they did a price check, they found I was right. I went back in today and the sign is GONE! Apparently someone goofed and I reaped the rewards!

Marti- How's the Atkins? Hope today was better for you! Glad to hear that BIL's B is gonna be o.k. He was lucky!

Angie- You poor thing. That job sure does seem to be hard on your hands. Our Halloween tradition is to go by a particular neighbor's house while trick-or-treating. He always turns on his Christmas lights that night. I can see places like Hobby Lobby getting out Christmas stuff in July because a lot of crafters need the time to work on all their stuff, but no friggin way should Wal-Marts and such have theirs out before Halloween. Hope your dental appointment was o.k. I make them give me enough gas to send me to Hawaii.

Cristi- My face is too fat for a short cut too, but unfortunately, my hair has never grown past my shoulders! I had never heard of Locks for Love until my niece did it this past year. She is going to do it again. Have you done it before?

Jana!!!!! Where are you?!?!? We haven't heard from you since Sunday! Hope everything is o.k.

Check in later girls!
Old 11-13-2003, 10:33 PM   #5  
One day at a time

Evening All~

Kayecee, I haven't done locks of love before. I have had my hair just above my shoulders for years and came across Locks of Love when I went online looking for some volunteer work last year. I have had my hair trimmed two or three times since I decided to do this so right there has been the two or three inches I need right now. I like long hair but at the same time I don't. Does that make sense. It's just that my hair is so straight and I have no body what-so-ever, and it does nothing for my face. I do have ten inches but I would have to go shorter than I would like to so...I am hoping I make it. I have come this far and I would hate to cut it all off but it is getting so hard.

Hey, you sure scored on the veggies! I would have been grabbing them to for 75 cents! You are lucky you get gas at the dentist, my dentist doesn't do the gas. It's novacaine (sp?) and I am telling you one time he gave me 6 doses of the stuff. At least he makes sure before starting any kind of work that I can't feel it. But that first shot always gets me.

Well, I didn't get a walk on the treadmill, too pooped. But I did ride the stationary bike for 20 minutes. I was hoping to get to bed early but that won't happen. Still have a couple of things to get done. Then start over again tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good night. See ya ladies tomorrow sometime. Nighty, night!
Old 11-13-2003, 11:04 PM   #6  

Cristi- I was beginning to think that I was the only one lurking! Oh! I hope you get to do the Locks of Love! You've come so far! Don't give up! I know what you mean by having straight hair with no body. Mine drives me nuts.

OMG, if my dentist didn't give me gas, in the famous words of Elaine on Seinfeld "Buh Bye!" I can not be conscious!

Good going on the bike. Hey, even though you didn't do the treadmill, at least you got something in. Night.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:28 PM   #7  

Won't see y'all for a few days. We are leaving after school tomorrow and heading for the hills. Work should be good tomorrow. We are having a teacher's meeting and there will be no little devils... uh.... angels to deal with. Oh and Marti, your 9:00 is my 11:00 so now you know I am a night owl. Later girls.

BTW has anyone heard from Jana? She hasn't posted since Sunday.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:38 AM   #8  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies!

I've been busy today trying to catch up on homework and study for my accounting class. I have an exam tomorrow and I needed to bust my butt.

Cristi--good to see you here keeping Kayecee company! She was so good to me yesterday!! About the atkins... I'm trying my "blippidy blip" to stick with it for two weeks. That's the induction period. And if I get on the scale and not see a thing... then what the heck am I doing this for?? Ok... I'm trying to improve my eating that's why I'm doing it. And at least I'm trying right?

You girls are ALL so wonderful! You give such great support when someone is down. I just want you all to know that I appreciate your words. I'm sending you all hugs!!

Angie-- I hope you did alright at the dentist. I don't have a fear of them, I have irritation towards them. I mean.... why in the world do they insist on talking to us when our mouths are all wide open?? I guess it's alright to talk, makes time go by, but to ask questions or make a statement that you feel you need to respond! Sheesh!! One thing though, they have posters on the ceiling for us to start at. One of those kind that are a bunch of different pictures and makes one large one. Keeps me busy....as long as they're not talking!!

Kayecee--Holy Cow!! What a bargain on veggies!! I would have done the same!! I really need to get with you and shop!! You have a gift!

Well ladies... I would write some more but my poor eyes are getting tired and I need to go. Must be fresh for my exam tomorrow. 9:00 am. Send good vibes my way at that time!!

Night
Marti
Old 11-14-2003, 10:54 AM   #9  
One day at a time

Good morning ladies~

Sending good vibes your way Marti : I know you will do fine on your exam today! Yes Marti, what is up with that? Why do the dentists and the assistants insist on asking you a question when you have his hands in your mouth and the assistant holding the suction thingy or something? It never fails, and I am thinking surely he doesn't expect me to answer, because I can't. Mine is a real talker, and while it does pass the time OMG sometimes I wish he would shut up! He got started once on this seminar that the whole office was going to in Dallas and boy I wanted to stab myself! My chiropractor is like that also. I just want to go and have what I need done and get out of there.

Kayecee, hope ya have a wonderful weekend in the hills! I do hope everything is fine with Jana. It's not like her to not at least jump in and say Hi. I haven't heard from her.

Well, ladies I have a very busy day ahead of me today. I started early and had to take DD to work. She started her first job this morning. I am so happy and proud of her. She wants to go to college but is undecided on what she wants to do, so till she figures that out she is going to work. It is an office job and she will be doing some accounting, data entry and a little bit of filing. And the good thing, like that's not, it is just around the corner so once she does get her license I won't worry as much with her driving to and fro. If she had her way she would have me driving her around the rest of her life. Anyway, I hope she likes it.

I am happy to report that I am down 1.5 lbs. woohoo! I am so mad at myself because I was down to 195 and dummy me let myself gain some of it back. I definitely won't let that happen this time. I know there will probably be weeks where I will gain a pound or two, especially at TOM but I refuse to gain more than that pound or two at that time of the month. I am going to try anyway!:wink:

Hi Jana, Angie, Petra, Bandaid, Skew, Kat, Carree and everyone else where ever you ladies are. I hope you all are doing fine.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful Friday!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 11-14-2003 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:08 PM   #10  

Hi all!

Sorry I have been MIA again. I really need to get back into the habit of checking in every night or so. Haven't been to the gym this week, I've got this stupid bronchitits (sp?) back. Also, since I was here last I was offered a promotion to assistant manager at work. I can not believe how much extra stuff I have to learn for that job. Oh well, enough about me.

Angie, I used to be terrified of going to the dentist, until I found the guy I go to now. He only uses the metal pick, scraper thing if he absolutely has to, the rest of the time he uses like a mini power washer. I actually look forward to going to the dentist now!

Marti, I sure as heck couldn't do the Atkins diet. I know I wouldn't have the willpower. I just try to manage my portions better and eat more fruit and veggies for snacks.

What are everyone's plans for Thanksgiving? We switch off every year with my nephew and hi wife, this year it is our turn. DH and I found a rotissery for our grill a few weeks ago, so I am going to try cooking my turkey that way. Should be interesting. I found out last week there are going to be about 12-15 people here, big change from 6 people we usually have.

I'm off to clean carpet, or at least try to, if I can breathe.

Hello to everyone I missed!

Ta ta Mel
Old 11-14-2003, 01:54 PM   #11  
One day at a time

Had a few minutes before I am out the door again! Third time today, too bad everything couldn't have been all together instead of being spaced out. I could have had everything done and home already to stay! Oh well

Mel, good to see ya! Sorry to hear you have bronchitis. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

About Thanksgiving, well I will cook as I always do and it will just be my DH and kids. My family is out of state and hardly get together anyway. Everyone just kind of does their own thing. We don't have a relationship with DH family, they haven't accepted me and my children which is their loss. Not that they all get together either. His mother passed away the year we were married from complications from heart surgery and his dad & step-mom do their own thing as do his brothers and sister. I would love to have company though. It has been years since I cooked for anyone other than DH and kids. I have always enjoyed entertaining though. So the holidays are kind of sad for me. I don't really get into them too much. To us it is just like any other day but with more food. Hope you have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING with your family. Sounds like fun!

Anyway, I should be exercising but don't want to get sweaty before I have to leave, and now it is too late. I didn't realize it was time for me to get going. I will check back later ladies. Hope ALL are having a great day. TaTa for now.
Old 11-14-2003, 10:58 PM   #12  

Hi girls.

Sorry I haven't posted earlier. Today is a rough day for me. I feel so tired and so not me!! I spoke to James today telling him, I will give the rest of this weekend and if I still feel this way.... I'm done.

I posted on the atkins thread about how I feel and there are some who have felt icky or tired for a month!! That's too long and I may be selfish for feeling that way... but it's miserable!

The saying is so true.. Not every diet is right for everyone! I don't think this one is right for me! James has only been partially following it only because he is training for a new job and his hours are all crazy... but he is feeling way too tired for someone whose job is driving!! So I told him to stop. I don't want a phone call in the middle of the night!! He is worth more than any diet!!

Anyway.... I just had to stop by here and post and vent and I guess just let it all out. I feel like crying and that's not how I should be feeling. I never feel this way even when TOM is around!!

I'm going to go rest my head... you all take care and know that you are all like family to me and I appreciate all the support you give me!!

Marti
Old 11-15-2003, 01:44 AM   #13  
Give me strength

OMG I am so embarrassed I don't want to go back to the dentist's office. I thought i was going in to finish the cleaning they started,,,nope. 2 fillings had to be replaced. I wigged out! I started to cry when I saw the needle and was making funny little grunting noises out of my nose since my mouth was wide open. And get this the dentist had her 2 yr old there like how professional is that? Anyways the kid was sick and she was waiting for the babysitter to arrive and decided to do my needle while her kid was crying to be picked up...I was freaking out! She did the fillings and one is off cause I can't bite down,,,but I don't think I have it in me to go back. I called Monte after my appointment and just hearing his voice got me crying again ,,,I was so pathetic,,,cried off all my makeup. Had promised SIL I would bring her a coffee and visit for a bit...got there and she asked what was wrong and I started to cry again. My jaw still aches, infact my whole body feels like I was in a fight.
I have one more show left,,,thank gawd! I am tired of it. Then right into JC,,,and I got to talking to our music director and hes offered to do voice lessons with me. Something Ive always wanted to do is join a choir.
Well off to bed I go,,,Monte and I are going shopping for gifts and that should finish us to about 80% done.
night
Angie
Old 11-15-2003, 02:16 AM   #14  

I'm still up and I thought I would check in....

Angie... I am so sorry about your trip to the dentist! If it were me, I would complain about the professionalism of the dentist having her daughter in there with you! It's one thing to have her there at the office, but she shouldn't have had her in the same room with you... what a big distraction! No wonder it feels like one of them is off. And don't feel embarrassed. You have ever right to feel like crying, I would have done the same. You really should have that one tooth looked at though! You don't want it to turn bad and cause you more pain later.
I send hugs your way!!

I hope your day tomorrow is better!!

Marti
Old 11-15-2003, 04:50 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Kaycee and Cristi - Thank you for looking for me, but no, everything is not alright. MIL Fern is in the hospital about to die. She has had numerous heart attacks this week, has congestive heart failure and now her kidneys have shut down. It is just a matter of time now.

Also, the storm we had Monday knocked out my ISP at home so I am at Neal's office right now, using his computer. (It is hard to get used to a mouse again, after having a laptop for over a year!)

Anyway, I read through the posts on this thread very quickly, and wanted to tell you guys what's going on. We have to get back to the hospital. Please pray that she doesn't suffer too much, okay?

Love, Jana
Closed Thread