South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 09:47 AM   #1  

Default Fat Free Cheese

I was at Fry's Today (Krogers)... So excited to find their Fat Free shredded cheddar on sale... So, I get home make a cheese and mushroom omlet and as I am enjoying the last bite I look on the back of the package and it's 4g of carbs PER SERVING!!!! I just about died! No fat, but has carbs!!!! Isn't low fat with NO carbs better? Like the Cabot cheese from Walmart that is 50% light cheese. I am so bummed!
Thanks for any help!
Old 11-11-2003, 12:16 PM   #2  
Imagine...

I would think, yes the LF with no carbs is better. On the other hand I don't think you did any major damage. I just eat the LF and honestly don't even look at the carb count. That is the beauty of the plan no counting
Old 11-11-2003, 01:54 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Livel, don't worry about it. As Sflake said, this plan is not about obsessing. Just do the best you can.
Old 11-11-2003, 02:57 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well, they have to replace the missing carbs with something. It's probably milk or whey powder so no problem.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:04 AM   #5  

I just wish fat free cheese did not taste like plastic ...I miss that about Atkins...
Old 11-12-2003, 10:30 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

I don't use ff ever, I would rather have regular cheeses and such...I wille at less of it in the long run and feel satisfied. There are some LF things that I will use, Milk, Cottage Cheese, some dressings...but overall I like more whole foods vs. processed...

rb
Old 11-13-2003, 03:47 AM   #7  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

We don't use FF cheeses at all either, except for FF cottage cheese. If I can find low fat, I will use those, otherwise I try to use less of the more flavorful/pungent cheeses. Fortunately we enjoy blue, feta and extra sharp flavors. I have found I can reduce the amount of cheese when using a very flavorful one. We are both losing weight, so I can only assume it is ok for us.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:36 AM   #8  

I think that's a good idea. I'm that way about salad dressing. Whatever they put in the fat free ones make it taste like doo-doo ( my word of day).
I'd rather use regular dressing and less of it, or make my own.

Do any of you use balsamic vinegar in dressings in Phase 1?
Closed Thread