South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 06:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Monday, November 10

Happy Monday morning! Fffffffreeezing here but today will be a sunny day! The advantage of the cold weather is that I don't have to deal with muddy paws - just with very cold noses!

to Marcie! I just realized you have lost over 20 pounds! Great! You must be proud of yourself. What crockpot recipe did you try?

1busymomma, I got tired reading your post on weekend chat. What are the ages of these adorable kidlets? I hope your job situation gets resolved quickly. You can hardly get the message when you are not home, right?

Little Chick, dancing? Three hours of dancing? I assume this is for your wee students so is probably pretty active, not foxtrot or waltz.

Ms24gal, I hope you survived the lasagna. Congrats on the weightloss. Size 12 jeans - in your dreams, Ruthie!

Rowan, thanks for the tips re heading off a cold. I did the ginger tea thing as I always have fresh ginger on hand and will check out the oregano oil next time I'm in town. I've heard about it's advantages but have never tried it.

Deets, didja have to mention Chinese food? Now I've got cravings. It sounds like you made a good recovery with your supper. Drink lots of water today and stay off the scale!

Sflake, pizza is a killer, isn't it? Yardwork should wear some of it off! Yes, the moon was glorious and was lovely again last night. It's a real winter moon!

Lizziepie, please don't tell me about your weather! I'm glad your fall festival went well. These things are very worthwhile but a heck of a lot of work.

Ellis, I hope you have recovered from the topless lady episode. Life in the city is always exciting, isn't it? The most excitement around here is when Austin Tye's cattle get loose and march through the village.

Den, where are ya? And how is Curves?

The Remembrance Day service yesterday was sad and impressive. I can't believe how many wreaths were laid for such a small village. We went back to the Legion afterwards for coffee and I resisted Kay Dean's butter tarts! Yeah me! I stayed cold for most of the day although I was smart enough to wear a long winter coat.

DH and I had a nice dinner and then watched TV in the warmth of the woodstove. We watched "Extreme Makeover"! OMG! Too much information! I would need a complete body replacement and sure couldn't hack that!

Today is Municipal Election Day so I will hie me off to vote. We don't expect many changes as our two councillors got in by acclamation but I am hoping for some changes on the School Board - like somebody who has had kids on it!

Sun's just peeping over the trees at the end of the meadow so I need to get the day started after I cruise the Boards.

Have a super day!
Old 11-10-2003, 07:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Ruthie! And everyone else!

Damn, it's voting day. Where do I vote...

We don't watch TV (no time and can't stand it), but DH and I caught an episode of "Extreme Makeovers" one night in a hotel room. (when you don't watch TV at home, it's eye-candy in a hotel) Woof! Crazy. Much as I may dislike a few of my features, the thought of waking up in the morning and not seeing "old Ellis" does NOT appeal.

Back later... have a lovely day, girls!
Old 11-10-2003, 07:33 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

LMAO at Ellis. Call City Hall and ask! Do your civic duty and wear socks.
Hey, remember when women could NOT vote? Now they even let us use hammers and screwdrivers.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:40 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Talking

Good morninging chickies, Ruth it is cold here too. Away with the fall coats and out with the winter ones along with scarves, mittens and the hats. Although it does tend to warm up a wee bit in the afternoon. Enough for us mothers to go to the playground for a wee bit. As for the dancing it is with my wee ones I have a 3 year old group, 4 and 5. They keep me on my toes. This is my first year as a dance teacher and I love it. We are learning to tap and jazz together. As for my eating I am back on track today. Got back on track with the exercise thing last week and the eating things starts today. Well gang have a great day ladies. Hope you all keep warm.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:43 AM   #5  

No, darling. I do NOT remember when women could not vote. I do recall hearing something about it, though...
You know what ticks me off. Well, one of the many things...
"Home Hardware: Home of the Handyman!" Give me strength.

Here's to Nellie McClung, Emily Murphy, Irene Parlby, Henrietta Muir Edwards, Louise McKinney, and the many others who stood up and took a beating for us.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:46 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Never thought of the Home Hardware thing! Now I have something else to get pissed off about! Hey, Claire has a cordless drill/screwdriver. I am going to get one at CT (and a pedometer) . There's a smaller and lighter model that she bought for her work on the Habitat house.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:53 AM   #7  
Imagine...

Ellis ~ GO VOTE!! Did you get the recipes???

Marcie~ Did you get the recipes I sent you???? Let me know as I sent them twice...not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Little Chick~Dancing is great exercise!! Enjoy

Ruth~ I have never watched the show but I have heard about it... don't think I could stand to watch....I'm with Ellis it would scare me to look in the mirror and not see me How are the feet sweetie??

Cold here also down into the 20's F. over the weekend. I have been so bad lately that I have gained 5 pounds....Maybe it's the change of seasons and I am bulking up for the winter
Anyway back on track as of TODAY!!! fingers crossed.

Have a sunny day chickies
Old 11-10-2003, 08:08 AM   #8  

I will vote, Sflake! Ummm, re: the recipes? Sorry... I was going to email you back. I couldn't open the attachment. I was going to pretend all was fine and not bother you... (but I can't open the damned thing. sob)
Get back on track, girl! (did you notice that I copied your menu plan pretty much word for word? )

Ruth, we bought a cordless screwdriver. It's very cool. I'm not impressed with the cordless drills, though. They don't hold a charge for long, and the batteries don't seem to last for more than about a year. Get a good one.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:13 AM   #9  
Imagine...

I wonder what I am doing wrong? any idea it's a word doc.....maybe I should just try to copy the whole thing into the email...hummm I will try again tonight when I get home.

Silly Ellis..... it's not a bother
Yes I did notice, thought I would just come to your house so I don't have to cook I would rather drive than cook...actually I would rather anything than cook
Old 11-10-2003, 08:59 AM   #10  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Morning, everyone!

Hey, it's cold here, too! My bod is not ready for this freeze!!
Sflake, I need those recipes, too. Or maybe I just need you to come down here and cook. I'd probably stay OP then!
Do I need to send you a PM to get them? I'll do that when I get back from exercise. OK?

DH is feeling better today, so I am definitely going to get back on plan as far as eating, and exercise today. Yes, I will!!!!
I have been so bad lately. The Chinese food really did me in yesterday. I feel bloated. Why do I do that to myself?????

Ruth, how are your footsies? Hope the cream has been helping. It's awful when your feet hurt.

Ellis, how do you keep up with the news without a bit of TV? Oh, yeah, I forgot....I could read to keep posted. DH just commented last night that there was nothing worth watching!

Off to the gym for an hour. I'll check back later, all.
~Sharon
Old 11-10-2003, 09:07 AM   #11  
Imagine...

Sharon see the post above we are all going over to Ellis's house so she can cook for us all
Old 11-10-2003, 11:34 AM   #12  
Work in Progress

Morning all <yawn>
Slept late this AM, puppy was up and down all night, misses my friend I think...makes two of us.....
I overate a bit yesterday, but my goal is to eat OP foods, so at least, it won't be too badly...I also did some cooking over the weekend...I think that I am going to try converting the family Lima Bean soup to SBD, if it is good, I will post.

Need to get to work, need to train a new gal today, let go of a gal today, talk to the webmaster hate his design, and the same for the ad for the magazine we will be in, thank god I am good a multi-tasking/.....

Have a great day on the Beach to all....been thinking about Franny and hoping that Franny is having a good time on her crusie!!! Wish we were all with her!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 12:00 PM   #13  
Enthusiasm is contagious

OK.....back from the gym. I'm determined I will do some decent exercise beginning today, and stay OP. Thanks to Sflake's thread about food menu's. I love the idea of keeping each other honest...we're making an attempt, anyway.

Sflake, what time are you showing up at Ellis' home for dinner. I need someone else to direct my eating! What are we having, Ellis????

Have a great day, all.
Hugs,
~Sharon
Old 11-10-2003, 03:23 PM   #14  

We are having frozen, hard-as-a-rock uncooked chicken, vegetables of some sort (I'll see what I've got), and ummm... water. If you're coming, come for the company, not the food.
(and don't expect to get something more appetizing at Sflake's house )
Old 11-10-2003, 03:42 PM   #15  
Imagine...

You speak the truth my friend....I don't even have the chicken!
Closed Thread