Carb Counters - before and after pics

View Full Version : before and after pics

supersized
11-09-2003, 01:03 PM
This picture was taken of fullfig and me this summer just before I started Atkins. I'm the one on the left.

supersized
11-09-2003, 02:18 PM
This is a pic of fullfig and her husband at the ball. I love the way he is eyeing her and smiling. I'm a bit biased when it comes to my twin, but I think she is stunning.

Finally, I think I got this small enough to post. Anyone with easy tips on how to make pics small enough to post, please share. This quick project has extended into an hour of trial and error.

Leenie
11-09-2003, 02:40 PM
GREAT PICTURES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing ;)

StarPrincess
11-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Great pics! You two are beautiful!

For resizing, I open the picture in microsoft paint (standard with windows) and then click on image (in the toolbar), then stretch/skew. Then I just change the height/width and keep the percentages the same. For the pics I posted, I did 50% and that made it half the size but kept the proportions correct.

supersized
11-09-2003, 05:05 PM
Thanks SP! I'll try that next time. I'll have to take my digital camera to work or have a neighbor snap one of me to post.

jdoggmartin
11-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Thanks for sharing the great photos!! You are both beautiful!!

supersized
11-09-2003, 06:44 PM
Thanks! You girls are making me feel pretty good.

Jdogg, you should post a pic. We've seen SP in all her Princessdom.

You should feel really good, the both of you are very attractive ladies and you should feel proud.

And you have a wonderful smile :D

jdoggmartin
11-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Supersized: You and fullfig should feel good -- you look great!!

Yeah. I'll have to post a photo. I was actually trying to put my photo as my avatar today, and I got a little frustrated and gave up! I'll work on it some more.

Thanks again for sharing the photos!

Jina

LindaBC
11-09-2003, 07:46 PM
Great pix. You are both gorgeous but your sis is really stunning at the ball. What a zinger dress. Wooo HOOOO!!

Jamlinrich
11-09-2003, 08:31 PM
Wow, how beautiful and her husband is obviously completely and totally smitten. It's a wonderful picture, a gorgeous dress. It just can't help but bring a smile to your face.

Do you have a current picture of you ? Maybe it's because I'm new but I've haven't seen you. You're just as gorgeous, I'm sure.

You guys should be so proud! Keep up the good work!

Froufie
11-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Wow - you two are so cute and lovely looking!

And I especially love the picture from the ball - looks like the partygoers were having a great time - and the red dress is perfect!

Froufy

nursenicki069
11-09-2003, 10:21 PM
I cant figure out even how to put an avatar up! I would like to also post a before and after pic and one of my boyfriend and I since he is on Atkins too. how do i do that?

Kim in NJ
11-09-2003, 11:47 PM
Oh that is such a great photo of them! And I too love that dress.....OK Super - let's see some current photos of you now. I knew you were both sisters but I didn't realize twins. Then when I saw the first pic I thought - WOW there is no mistaken they are sisters! :lol: You both looked great even before Atkins....

Nurse - I'm sure someone on here could give you some quick steps....all I know is that I fussed around with my pic for what seemed like hours before I got it right. I'm certainly not the one to offer advice.....well, unless you have a few hours to waste? :D

jdoggmartin
11-10-2003, 09:58 AM
Nursenicki: I'm like Kim -- I struggled getting my avatar up. For the avatar, I think the highest demension the photo can be is 110 pixels x 110 pixels. I just used Microsoft Picture It! to size it correctly. Actually, now that I think about it, it wasn't too difficult! Not sure why I struggled with it for so long... You can choose your avatar under the User CP section of the site -- then go to Edit Options. They have some you can choose from or post your own! Not sure if that helps any or not... As for posting pictures to a message -- I haven't attempted that one yet!

Jina

nursenicki069
11-10-2003, 10:37 AM
ok...thanks everyone for the help...i will give it a shot when i have a few extra hours. I wanted to get to the gym so bad today and just woke up..have to study for a test and then go to work. agh! I will make it to the gym on Wednesday though if it kills me!

supersized
11-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the sweet words. Fullfig and I look more alike the older we get. You can tell from our pic together how we selected our usernames. I'll take my camera to work this week to get a more current shot.

Jdogg, that's a good pic of you. The flowers are beautiful too. They remind me of a flower garden area in the park in old Quebec City.

I wasn't able to put a pic in my avatar. I'll try again now that SP and Jdogg have shared some tips.

Jamie and Kim, I love the pics of you and your kid(s). I'll try again to make an avatar of me and my little girl Sadie. Ok, she's a dog but she's my only child.

I would love to see pics of all of you.

supersized
11-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Ok, I give up on the avatar. I don't have Microsoft Paint. I'm still using Microsoft 98. I do have Microsoft Picture it Express but can't seem to make it small enough. I get it down to 6KB but can't determine how many pixels this is.

jdoggmartin
11-10-2003, 04:09 PM
Supersized: Can you go to Format tab (on MS Picture It! Express), click on the "Resize Image..." button? This will bring up a box to the left side of the image. In the box, select your demensions in pixels. Then, make sure the heighth and width of the photo are under 110 pixels. That should do it??? I don't know that I'm very good at explaining how to do, but hopefully that will help...

Jina

KarenW
11-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Ok.. Since we are sharing.. I will post a pic of me and my kids from this summer pre-atkins...

http://www.crochetlegacy.com/Atkins/KidsMe.jpg

I dont have any current yet.. I will get DH to take some TODAY!

THis picture was taken in June after we completed a 4 hour.. 3 mile hike up to Wallace Falls here in WA.. It was 3 miles up and 1200 feet! YIKES! It was a 4 hour trek up and 2 hours down!! LOL! LONG DAY!

Marti
11-11-2003, 03:36 PM
I love seeing everyones progress photos. I think it's very motivating!! Everyone looks great!
Here are my before & "during" photos. The before pic. is not at my heaviest....only because I got rid of those!!

I'm hoping to post "afters" at the beginning of the year! Is that being hopeful or what??

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/belong2james

Marti

jdoggmartin
11-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Wow, Marti!! You look great! Keep up the great work! Welcome to Atkins!

Karen: Your kids are adorable!! That sounds like quite the hiking adventure! Can't wait to see your after pics... I know they're going to be dramatic!

Take care,
Jina

supersized
11-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Wow Marti, What a difference! You look great. I love your hair!

Karen, for some reason I can't see your pic. Maybe it's just a system issue here at work.

I got all dressed up today and couldn't find my digital camera this morning. Since I live alone, I guess I've hidden it from myself. I hate it when that happens.

Jina, I'm gonna try your suggestion for the pics. Thanks!

Jamlinrich
11-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Karen! You have great legs! What a difference though. I can totally tell in a big way. You look fantastic but your legs still looked great in the picture. Lucky dog. :)

KarenW
11-12-2003, 01:30 PM
Marti - You look fantastic!! :)

Jamie - LOL! I have always loved my legs (Although I need to firm up my thighs!) I danced from the time I was 3 until 14 as a student of ballet, tap and Jazz and have overdeveloped calves and dancers thighs because of it. I will always have "fuller" thighs.. that is just me.. but they are usually the first area that shapes up for me! :)

Jina - Thanks for the compliments on the kids. I think they are pretty adorable too! :) That was the hiking trip from H***! But My DD was teh first to the top! and she was only 4 and the youngest there!

supersized
11-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Karen, you're kids are cute. I can tell a big difference between this picture and the more current one you posted awhile back. You're doing great!

supersized
11-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Hot off the presses...a current pic of me. Somehow I felt slimmer than what I appear. UGH!! At least I'm smaller than I was in the before pic. I'm 172 here. I want to lose another 37 pounds.

Kim in NJ
11-13-2003, 12:50 AM
Supersized... YOU LOOK MAHVALOUS!!!! You and Fullfig don't even look like the same women in your summer pic anymore. Great Job!

Karen - You too...Wasn't it you that posted a pic of yourself in your new minivan at one point? That hiking woman doesn't even resemble the minivan one. You do have great legs .... and that's the only thing on my body I like - my legs!

Marti - My dd would LOVE that top you have on in your during pic. You look terrific - Are you sure you can even get down to 120 and be healthy? How tall are you? I'm just trying to get my blood pressure to 120. :lol:

Keep posting pics everyone - it is so encouraging!!! There is no doubt this is the plan for me!

jdoggmartin
11-13-2003, 01:01 AM
Supersized: You are so beautiful! What a great photo! I can definitely see the weight loss!! I love your hair, too!! What a beautiful, beautiful woman you are!! Congrats!!

Jina

fullfig
11-13-2003, 06:46 AM
y'all are such a sweet group. i love seeing everyone's pictures too. each of you are so beautiful. karen, can you move the minivan pic to this thread to compare? supersized, you look great. no wonder the next door neighbor has been calling. i can hardly wait to see you in person--maybe late january or february. we'll really have to work to whittle further.

please keep posting pics everyone. i love seeing the progress and also being able to match faces with names. keep up the great work everyone!

Kansas Deb
11-13-2003, 07:17 AM
Hi supersized and fulfig look great! You are doing so well. Congrats!
Here is a little something that might help you with your photos.
There is a free download here that you can used to resize photos.
http://www.digicaminfo.com/sharing.htm

fullfig
11-13-2003, 07:33 AM
i'm having trouble putting in a picture as my avatar. it keeps saying that it is not a valid jpg or gif. any ideas?

StarPrincess
11-13-2003, 10:54 AM
No help here, Fulfig.

Supersized - you look MAH-velous! What a pretty bunch of women we have here!

Karen - I'm completely jealous of your legs. :)

Marti
11-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Thanks everyone for the compliments. It really helps keep me going even though I hate the latest picture! I see myself completely different than what everyone else see's and that's an issue I need to work on... I think.

Kim--I'm barely 5'1". I think 120lbs. would make me feel good, but I would be completely satisfied if I were to only get down to 130-135. 120-125lbs was about what I weighed when I first started gaining weight.....emotional relationship brought me into a depression state of mind and I just didn't care about taking care of my body. And the weight gain came on fast! 50lbs w/in a year!! (more like 6-7months!) Wish it only took that long to lose it all!

Off to school I go!
Marti

StarPrincess
11-13-2003, 11:57 AM
Hi Marti -

I've been dying to ask - where in Oregon are you? It seems there are several of us that live in the Portland area. AND one of my chihuahuas looks just like the one in your avatar. How strange is that?

Your pictures look great. You have my envy. :D

supersized
11-13-2003, 12:26 PM
Marti you should great about yourself. You are beautiful! I put my weight on about as rapidly as you did. I've just held onto it for about 6 years. The last time I was this size was about 3 - 3.5 years ago. It is so hard to get if off. I used to be an emotional eater. If I was really happy or really sad I would eat. I just love to eat all kinds of foods....especially dairy and carbs.

Thanks for all of your compliments ladies. You've provided me with a big smile. Like Marti, you're kind words and support keep me going.

Thanks for the link Deb. I'll try it out.

SP, I finally found paint last night. I had overlooked it in all my frustration. You should post your pics over here as well.

Jina, send us a bigger pic of you.

I would love to see pics of the rest of you as well. Come on gals, bring em on. :D

jane8760
11-14-2003, 11:21 AM
I can't seem to get my picture to post correctly.........:s:

Marti
11-14-2003, 01:29 PM
StarPrincess--

I live south of you. I just moved to Cottage Grove. Know that place? Small town.

And I also have to add that your picture is fantastic. You look great. And I absolutely LOVE that coat!! Been wanting to get one for myself!!

Ok... I'm having issues w/this atkins... I'm going to post what they are later.

fullfig
01-09-2004, 07:41 PM
karen--i wanted to bump this up to compare how you have changed. i don't know where the minivan picture is though. just like star in her before and after pics, you look great in all of yours too.