Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 09:42 AM   #1  

Talking Gotta share my breakthrough!

IF I keep losing weight (even if it's only a half pound here and there) I believe that I am CAD for life . Let me tell you about yesterday. If you'll remember in the chat thread, I was cooking bacon and eggs for breakfast. I ate 2 eggs and 4 pieces of bacon then we went to the church auction at 11:00. They were serving things like Bar-B-Q, hamburgers, nachos, etc. The kids ate like pigs and I even helped my DD3 eat her nachos. I was not tempted to eat even ONE bite. I knew that if I did, that would be my carbs for the day and I really wanted to go out later. I did slip up once and take a drink of her coke that I was holding, but realized it immediately and sat it down so I wouldn't subconsciously do it again.

After the auction, I went to my SIL for a while so the kids could play. I finally realize that it's 6:00 and we need to leave. We drive to a new mexican restaurant called Mi Pueblo's and when I sat down to eat, I realized that I had forgotten to eat lunch!!! I was floored. That has never happened to me before. (I can skip breakfast but not lunch!) I wasn't really hungry but I ordered a huge meal anyway. While I was waiting I ate 4-5 bites of cheese dip, but I didn't really want it. When the food came, I ate my shrimp chimichanga, a coke, and 3/4 of my fried ice cream. I didn't even touch the rice or guacamole or sour cream or salad and I had only two bites of the refried beans. I know that I can't skip meals like that every day because my metabolism will crash and burn BUT I'm glad to be finally in control enough to turn food down and throw food away. Does anyone else feel guilty about throwing food away? I think that is one of my biggest problems. I felt so bad about not cleaning my plate last night that I had to throw some napkins and things on my plate before the waiter came to get it so that I wouldn't cave in and eat it even though I was stuffed.

Sorry this took so long, but it has been a big breakthrough for me and I just had to tell someone! I haven't really told anyone else that I am on a diet and I was about to bust because I am soooo proud of myself!
Old 11-09-2003, 05:08 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

And you should be proud of yourself Kayecee! YGG!
Old 11-09-2003, 07:43 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Way to go, Kaycee!! I'm very happy for you, and have to say NO I don't feel a bit bad throwing food away. An excess of it is as dangerous to my health as cigarettes, and I wouldn't think twice about throwing those away, would you??

Jana
Old 11-09-2003, 08:44 PM   #4  

Thanks girls! You're right as usual Jana!
Closed Thread