Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 06:16 PM   #1  

Default Cows with Dice

OK, I lied. I am a gambler. I'm wagering my $7 tomorrow at Bunco. Last month I won $30.00. Maybe apple martinis will be served again. Hope you cows have a good weekend!
Old 11-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #2  
cow with the double chin

Default Chello on a Chilly Friday Evening!

You all have been quite busy!! I have not had much time at nite to get online, and errrrrrrr, only check my email from work. DUH!!

Can you tell me why it is freezing outside and my house feels humid? No fire or heat on yet either. Could it be because it is a sty??? Boychild was supposed to have cleaned yesterday. He didn't. Today he called me at work to INFORM ME not ASK me of his plans for the evening. I let him inform me, I let him go. Guess what??? This sty is waiting for his bad attitude, butt gets out of school at 12:30, laze around butt. Tomorrow I am going to soooooo enjoy sitting on the couch, perhaps a pay per view or two, while he gets this whole place spotless. Maybe even pumpkins room!! HA!!!!!!!!!! He thinks he is off the hook. Well, little boy, you think you are so grown up, you just wait till mommy dearest brings you back to reality tomorrow. Gawd, I am evil sometimes.

Kiwi, how proud you must be of DD!!

Sug, you can always send to that address, it is my grannys. Thanks for thinking of me!

Cherry, you doing the nano thinghymabob??? I will have to check you out, but I thought last time I checked, you had closed up shop.(?)

Peachers!! Aww...the memories! Chris G! Hmmmm....Christina M??? Who could that be?! LOL And I am confused, were those really Dusty's the evil dust buckets notes? OH jeez lush, I remember the period thing.

Wabby, you missed the whole Dusty thing?? Lucky you!!

Halloween was a complete bust here too. And what is with this 90 one day, 80 the next and then the next day it is 60 during day, and 40 at night???

KUDOS to bagzilla and all of you that are taking some sort of step to rid yourself of this weight.

Hi lush!

Work is going extremely well (knock on wood!). They had there big Exec Dir meeting the last two days and I was able to sit in on part of it to get a little more how the corporation runs and the various things the legal department does besides litigation/settlement. Very interesting.

Now it is Friday nite, almost 7, am going to put pumpkin (who got an award to day for outstanding speller at the assembly that I was lucky enough to be informed about and able to attend!!) to bed in half hour or so, and probably find some sort of game to play on the net. That is if I don't fall asleep on the couch first!!

Have a great weekend cowsies!
Old 11-09-2003, 05:10 AM   #3  
fatter than U

Talking The world needs more outstanding spellers

Way to go, Punkin!!

Didja win anything, Wabby?

I'm boring, nothing to post, except that my English friend with the deaf baby and bonehead ex husband moved yesterday and we, along with about 10 other people, had to help her. I'm exhausted. I noticed that she was TOTALLY different with her German friends than she is with me when we're alone. Man, she was yelling and ordering people around like they were cattle. Pretty scary. I should try that with the dh some time.

I was cleaning out her fridge, left a bit grungy by the previous house owners and I thought I was doing a pretty good job of it, considering it wasn't my fridge and considering that my friend does have two hands of her own with which to wipe out her own fridge at a later date if she so chooses, when this Hausfrau Cow Extraordinaire whom I'd never met before sweeps into the room and says "Eeeeeh! Just look at that fridge! Here, let ME do that!" I swear she spent the next two hours scrubbing the thing with a toothbrush and vinegar water (they're big on that over here). What a waste of time. I mean, what's a little mold between friends?

Will attempt Pilates again today. Stomach muscles still sore from Thursday. I'm so pitiful.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:56 PM   #4  
Member w/ messiest house

I certainly don't know where my class ring is, Lushie. Your DD had to go to mass to get it? I seem to remember just buying it. Well, with my parents' money of course.... Anyway, $400 sounds like party enough to me.

Bagz, I have come to the conclusion that I don't have to do any holiday decorating, because you are doing enough to cover me. You just keep sending those pics and I'll pretend that they put my house in a holiday spirit.

I do have a giant frozen pumpkin on my front steps. Oy. I can't even lift the thing. And Friday the weather turned frigid here, while we were away for a couple of days (more on that later), so I don't know what to do with the thing. I was going to cut it open and bring it inside in pieces, to use the seeds and the flesh if it's any good.

Quote:
Originally posted by muffie
Halloween was a complete bust here too. And what is with this 90 one day, 80 the next and then the next day it is 60 during day, and 40 at night???
Whoa! I was bragging about what nice weather we had for Halloween this year -- I believe it was about 50 or 55 degF!!! You don't know what a complete bust is until you have made your kid wear long underwear under her costume and her winter coat on top of it!!

Congrats on lil pumpkin's spelling prowess!

Way to go on the Pilates, Sugar! I think you should invite the Hausfrau over to your house, sounds like she'd gladly clean anyone's house, why not take advantage? Just leave out the cleaning supplies in various rooms, and feed her occasionally.

I am instituting my new goal: Fab by Feb., 30 lbs (don't you roll your eyes!) and exercise 5x/week (stop that snickering). So far I logged almost 2 miles on Thursday, I didn't stuff myself Friday night before I went to bed (just because we were in a motel room and there was no food available, but unintentional dieting still counts), and that's about it. Well, yesterday I did some walking, I don't think it amounted to a mile.

More on my weekend later.

Kiwi
Old 11-09-2003, 04:16 PM   #5  
Most boring housewife.

Me too, Kiwi...I just polished-off the last of the ice cream and am DYING of PMS...but I'm in...30 by Feb and 5X week? I think I can. Are you going to count points? Counting points always highlights the fact that I eat poorly because it forces me to examine what I eat...always depressing.
I think they have the mass etc to sweeten the fact that the ring costs 400bucks.
We're going to friends' for dinner tonight. It is like pulling teeth to make anyone around here get anywhere on time looking decent. I'm taking a break from the frustration.

This is my last week of work. I'm going to be so grateful for the return of my slug life. Mostly I'm going to be grateful for the first morning that I can stay in my PJ's all day.
Gotta go rally the troops...L
Old 11-09-2003, 04:39 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Default So, What I Did This Weekend

On Friday, DD went with her chorus teacher and about a dozen kids to the All-State Auditions, where she sang the assigned piece -- an Italian thing called "Sebben, credule" that is apparently typical for this sort of thing. Every single kid in the state who is auditioning sang the same piece. Can you imagine being a judge?

Anyway, DH got out of work early and we drove down to the auditions. DD seemed to have done quite well -- she says she did the piece pretty well, she totally aced the sight singing part, and she messed up the rote singing part. All in all, well done for her first time doing anything remotely like this. We won't know if she gets accepted for a few weeks (it's mostly for the experience, if they get in, they participate in a state-wide festival in the spring)

So after she was done, we drove to Connecticut and arrived about 11 in the general area we were staying -- then spent almost an entire hour driving around getting lost before we found our motel. We were both so tired that it seemed just hilariously funny when we found out that the first exit we had taken would have gotten us directly to the place if we had only driven about 1/2 a mile further than we did. Instead we backtracked, took several wrong turns, backtracked some more, went the wrong direction on every road we encountered. It was so ridiculous, there was just nothing to be done but laugh.

Saturday bright and early, we went to Wesleyan U. for an all day conference about selecting colleges, applying and so on. Pretty interesting. The campus was gorgeous. We headed back late afternoon, trundled about in southern Maine because DH wanted to see a guy he knew playing in a band in some club. But he couldn't remember the name of the club or the name of the band. Needless to say, we were not successful in that endeavor. We just ate dinner and got back on the highway. DD did some driving at that point, but about 10 minutes later, something went wrong with the car -- it just stopped going and we had to pull over. DH looked under the hood (don't you know that didn't accomplish anything) and then we sat there with the car barely idling, wondering if we should call AAA. Suddenly the engine roared to life and everything was fine -- quite possibly we had gotten something bad in the gas tank or something. DD declined to drive any more; I don't blame her.

When we arrived home well after midnight to a frozen house!! Honest to god, it was 45 degF when I checked a thermometer (you couldn't even see the indicator on the regular thermostat), and that was an hour later after we had the place starting to heat up. Turned out, a door was wide open -- must have blown open in the wind, and the outdoor temp had gone down drastically since we'd left home too. I stayed up for 2 or 3 hours and it didn't even come up to 60 before I gave up and put my long underwear, turtleneck, flannel nightshirt, polarfleece pants and socks on and tried to get some sleep. Of course by this morning it was suffocatingly hot in all that with the heat up to temp. Yuk. I have such a headache.

Later cowsers

Kiwi
Old 11-09-2003, 04:44 PM   #7  
Member w/ messiest house

I would count points, but I only have a formula to calculate points and a very old list of food and points. It sounds like a lot of work. Is it easier if you actually join WW and get all their materials?

You're going to be so happy on that first weekday with no work -- pjs and a quiet house!!

k
Old 11-09-2003, 09:13 PM   #8  
Most boring housewife.

Kiwi, I think that since the 30 lbs by Feb was your idea, you should take a leadership role. I don't want to join WW. I want to join Kiwi. Kiwi will tell me what to do. We'll lose 30 lbs.
Old 11-10-2003, 12:13 PM   #9  

Default WW de-mystified

Here's the deal cows - a WW point roughly equals 60 calories. Now, that varies according to how much fat and fiber is in the food, but basically it's 60 calories. You should drink 8 - 8oz. glasses of water per day, 2 servings of milk product, 4-5 servings of fruits and veggies. Take a multi-vitamin. I'm not sure what your particular points range should be - it depends on your weight. At 145 I should have 20 points a day, plus 36 "flex" points that I can spread out over the week.

And that's it.

I didn't win any big bucks at Bunco, but it wasn't a total loss because ...... mmmmm - Vietnamese food was served and it was delish. We had hot fudge sundaes for dessert. A fun time was had by all.

Sugar, you should know not to get in a cleaning competition with a German hausfrau. My German friend is the most obsessive compulsive cleaner of anyone I know. I'm always embarrassed to have her over to my house.

Lush, I'm looking forward to the days when you can post all day in your jammies. This full time working has been hard on me.

Kiwi, what a weekend. Never a dull moment, huh?

Muffie, sounds like the job is going great. Did you have a nice weekend lounging on the couch? That's what I did, too, I read part of The Other Boleyn Girl and watched Legally Blonde II which was horrible.

I did about 15 minutes of my new Firm tape this morning, I couldn't finish because I was late for work. I am so uncoordinated, will I ever be able to do this without feeling like a klutz? I also went and joined the gym for my free 30 day trial. But I was too intimidated to stay and work out!!! I feel like "old & flabby non exerciser" is plastered all over me. Oh yeah, it is in - the form of the flab.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:22 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Thanks, Wabbit!!

That is rawther succinct. I can work with that. Now, Lush, I have some really new and innovative ideas for you to follow:
Drink water
Eat more fruits and veggies
Exercise 4-5x/week
Stop eating 2 or 3 hours before bed
Get plenty of sleep

I'm so helpful, aren't I? Just don't call me June. I swear I don't have anything with leopard print on it.

To attempt to be serious, my first hurdle is the late night eating. I'm not going to stop cold turkey; I know how successful that would be -- I'm going to try to cut back, by putting a deadline on snacks. Friday night I didn't eat anything at all because we were in a motel room and fortunately didn't have any snacks with us. Saturday I pigged out after we got home. But hey, it was freezing in our house and I needed fuel. Last night I didn't eat anything after 12:15. Sounds bad, doesn't it? Actually it's progress -- I've been known to stay up much later than that and be chowing down on something as late as 2 am. So that's what I'm working on.

Your mileage may vary.

Now that I have confessed my sad state, I'm starving! Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, with salad and garlic bread.

Kiwi
Old 11-10-2003, 06:38 PM   #11  
The magic shrinking cow

I'm in for 30 by Feb. That would put me at 147. Why yes, I am still gaining weight. A combination of being too tired to exercise and eating too much candy. Blech.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:18 PM   #12  

I have news I forgot to blab about earlier today - after 26 years of marital bliss, the last 15 of which I have been ring-less because you all know the story - lost my diamond, lost the wedding band part of my set, blah, blah - I have a new wedding ring - who-hoo for me - anyway I will when it's done having the center stone set and sized. Now all those men that have been hitting on me will lay off. Oh yeah. Nobody ever hits on me anyway. Anyway, I'm surprisingly really, really excited to get it. I'm gonna make DH get down on his knees and ask me to marry him again. If I ask him right before dinner, he just might do it.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:47 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
Anyway, I'm surprisingly really, really excited to get it. I'm gonna make DH get down on his knees and ask me to marry him again. If I ask him right before dinner, he just might do it.
Way cool!!! Ah, romance! Sounds like a lovely idea.

Kiwi
Old 11-11-2003, 01:09 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

Hey! It's Tuesday, why isn't anyone posting? I'm not posting because I have to wrap up a bunch of packages and send them and go to a party for the best friend of my sister-in-law. She is turning 60 In case you were wondering, I will be 48. Very soon. On my birthday, I plan to spend the day at the car repair shop, because that's really my dearest wish. To bore myself silly in an odiferous environment. Yep.

Kiwi
Old 11-11-2003, 04:23 PM   #15  

I'd read your post, but I didn't have anything brilliant to say. Not that that would usually stop me.

I'm reading The Other Boleyn Girl. That royal stuff is as good as any soap opera I've seen. That Henry was such a pig. And I don't mean in the gluttony department, although he was a pig in that way too.

DS and his girlfriend are maybe breaking up (and even though as a person I like her, just not as my DS's gf) and he is heartbroken. It's hard to see your kid going through a painful experience, no matter how old they get.

Kiwi, I'm going to be 48 next spring. 48 is going to be a wonderful age, right???? You go first and you can tell me all about it.
Closed Thread