Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 10:09 AM   #1  

Wink For those of us who have gotten off track and want to get back on

This is a link to the actual thread which is located in the 100lb club forum. I just thought that maybe some chicks on other forums might be interested. I hope to see you there! BTW it's based on getting back on program with small baby steps, one thing at a time until we're back on program and focused again! If you need this I really hope that you stop in and say Hi

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sho...&threadid=34065

Lisa
Old 11-07-2003, 11:25 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks !
Old 11-09-2003, 11:30 PM   #3  

Default I'm back and needing help

Hi,
I'm back on 3fc and needing some friends. I used to post several months ago but got off track and just didn't look back. I need to connect with like folks who have gotten off track and want to change that around. I'm 43 yrs old, I weight over 300 lbs and have a recent health crisis. I'm diabetic and I feel like I'm to far gone. I know with the right motaviation I can beat this ugly weight, so I'm open to any suggestions.
Thanks again,
Sassylady
Old 11-10-2003, 01:32 PM   #4  

Hiya Sassylady & welcome! I'm here for ya girl! You can beat it! What things are you doing now? What things are you considering doing? Are you on any type of program? Tell me a little about yourself. I'll tell you about me in my next post. Together we can do this!!

Lisa
Old 11-10-2003, 01:47 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Sassy, is it the same Sassy that used to come into the chat rooms ?
Old 11-10-2003, 04:32 PM   #6  

Oh Yeah, No problem on the Thanks Leens!

Lisa
Old 11-13-2003, 11:52 PM   #7  

Default Thanks for the WELCOME

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome. Let me tell you something about myself. I'm 43 yrs old. I'm married with one daughter who is married with no grandchildren yet. I can wait...

I've over 300 lbs. I've lost and gained so many times I've lost count. I'm diabetic with cardiac problems that I've just had a cardioversion to correct a irrigular heart rate. I'm beginning to experience major knee problems from carrying around this much weight for so many years.

I work as a medical biller for a major company in California. We bill for Emergency Room doctors all over this Sunny State. I love what I do and enjoy helping patients thru all the red tape that can make most people want to give up. My husband is a great source of support and is always there to tell me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me.

I'm not on any type of program yet...! I can't decide the best one for me. I need to find something that will not make me feel hungry or deprived. I like to graze all evening long. I'm good while at work but once I get home I don't stop until I'm sleeping. The only change I made once I found out I was diabetic was go from regular sodas to diet but that's about it. HELP ME PLEASE..

Okay this is my life please tell me about you and let's be new friends.

Thanks
Sassylady
Old 11-14-2003, 08:41 AM   #8  
Divine Gal

Welcome Sassy.I was started out over 300 lbs also.I have now lost 30 lbs and I am platued but trying to bust hump to get past that.I am on Weight Watchers but it doesn't work for everyone.Let us know what program and no matter what it is; this is the board to get support from even on your not so good days.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 11-14-2003, 08:59 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Sassy,

My highest weight was over 300 lbs, years ago I managed to lose 150 lbs and I kept it off for years, only to regain about 100 back. I am following atkins and so far I've lost about 23 lbs, could be more, I haven't weighted myself in a few weeks. Atkins was hard in the begining but now its just like a way of life I enjoy eating good foods and decent portions AND not feeling like I am climbing the walls looking for food because thats how carbs make me feel. I feel in control more now then ever.

Being that you are diabetic, you might want to do a low carb version of Weight Watchers, or Atkins or South Beach.... but first and I would say this to anyone w/medical problems, you really need to discuss whats right for you with your doctor.

There's a teriffic bunch of ladies on the daily thread here that would love to get to know you, Please join us there.

Hugs, Leens
Old 11-14-2003, 12:39 PM   #10  

Wink Welcome Sassy!!!

It's nice to meet you! My name is Lisa and I have about 100 pounds to lose. I am currently counting calories and avoiding bad carbs. Since my restart which was 9/11/03 (great day to start a new life huh?) I have lost 15.6 pounds. It's a slow but steady course for me this time. I agree with Leens about seeing your doctor and discussing with him/her about what's best for you. Like Lynnie and leens said we are here for you though through the good days and the bad. The first thing you should do is look ahead and not behind. Learn from your previous mishaps and successes. I really sat down and thought a lot about every diet I've tried in the past. It was even to the point of writing down the pro's and con's of each one. I also noted my strengths and weaknesses on each one. That's how I came up with my program. Then I discussed it with my doctor and he fine tuned it a little for me. The best advice I received so far this go around is to educate myself on anything and everything that is health and fitness. If there was an article on the benefits of water and what it can do for your body, then I read it. No matter how minute it may seem. Continually educating yourself also helps to keep you focused without even realizing it. It keeps your program at the forefront of your mind. I even subscribed to prevention magazine to keep some information coming in on a regular basis. The more you read up on what's good for you and what's not, the more your liable to THINK about what you put into your body.Shew! This turned out to be a bit longer than I expected. Sorry about that. But ya know what? In writing you I have realized that I haven't read up on anything in like a week, so thanks! I think I'll go check out the library forum and do some reading up too.

It's really nice to meet you and I hope you keep on checking in,
Lisa
Old 11-15-2003, 11:16 PM   #11  

Hello Everyone,
It was such a joy to hear from everyone and I've taken your kind words of encouragement to heart. I do need to talk with my doctor and come up with a routine that is both healthy and something I can live with. I have 0 will power and have wondered why this is so. I'm unhappy with my life and my health has suffered but even this has not given me to push to do something about it. I walk like a 100 yr old because my knees refuse to carry this weight any longer, but I go to the drug store for my meds and buy halloween candy that was on sale and not just 1 bag but 2. I tell myself this is it once this is gone no more. Ladies please just keep me in your thoughts and prayers and help me to find something else to get my mind in the right frame of mind and away from the big picture which seems to far off and to the little pictures that can be obtained.
SassyLady
Old 01-16-2004, 09:19 PM   #12  
Karen

Smile Glad to Meet You, Sassylady

My name is Karen. I am 55 years old and have also lost, gained back, and gained back more pounds over the years than I can count. But, I know this: There is hope for all of us no matter what the past! All it takes is consistent small choices that are healthy for us. Now, I've got at least 100# to lose. I am having health problems as well. I have had one knee replacement and am preparing to schedule another. I can't walk very easily, but am getting better. My husband is a gem. He has always made me feel loved and beautiful. We both have cholesterol problems. Joe is skinny, though...or rather a normal size. So, I am also going to help him by making better food choices. Tomorrow will be a good day to sit and make a list of healthy food items for our cupboards. We love to snack in the evening, too. This will take some thought and planning.

Our children are grown and married. We are enjoying young grandchildren in our lives now. Such fun! I work in a Human Resources Department of a County Children Services Agency. So, my work is very sedentary. But, like you, I love it. Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself and enourage you. I'd love to hear from you. Tomorrow I have committed to drink at least 8 glasses of water. That is my small choice for this beginning. How about you? Karen
Old 01-17-2004, 07:55 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Gramsbear55

Nice to meet you too. We all understand how you feel. Its wonderful to hear that your husband loves you no matter what. You and I are the lucky ones. Planning is the key Karen, it really is. I find if I plan I don't blow it, its when I don't plan, I tend to eat what ever is fast and available.

Hope to see you on the daily thread here.

Hugs !!!

Leenie
Closed Thread