Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 05:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Default Just Re-Joined

I was just wondering how some of you deal with foods that you don't cook yourself and the points plan. For instance, I'm going out of town this weekend to visit relatives and I'm wondering how to handle eating food that someone else prepares and trying to count the points.

I can use all the help I can get. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2003, 08:12 PM   #2  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Huntress,
I hope this isn't too late. I use an awful lot of common sense and guesswork. Bring your points counter and your first week book.
If you're watching in the kitchen I think you can guesstimate pretty well. If your hostess is loading the food with butter try to take smaller portions of those. I can also taste the fat in food and sometimes you can see it glisten and you know that it's not a small amount then.
I'd tuck away some apples and oranges in my suitcase as well as 2pt. bars. I'd bring Diet Coke just in case they don't have it when you visit. Mostly, I'd have a great attitude, cut back on portions, pig out on a salad, and smile a lot.
Have fun and let us know how you made out. Glad you've rejoined. I think Flexpoints is great.
Judy
Closed Thread