Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 09:14 AM   #1  

Default Thursday 11/6

Wow I am first!!!!

BBL
Old 11-06-2003, 09:23 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Kem, Good Morning

The atkins book is the New Diet Revolution (I think, gee DUH).

But make sure you buy the current version, there are like 5 updates to his book, it gets confusing beause they all don't say the same thing. I think the last updated on was either 2001 or 2002 (I'm leaning on 2002).

I guess your considering trying it ? oooooh !!!

Cathy, Yup since I'm cooking T-Day dinner I''m already planning it. I brought my cook book into work today because some one here wanted my Butternut Squash Pie recipe YUM ! I can't wait to make that and have a pigfest lol.

Nothing much is new today, feeling good, eating good, can't complain, wellllll except exercise OY!

HUGS !!!
Old 11-06-2003, 09:31 AM   #3  

Leens I like to read all sorts of books on diet and I thought since I have never read thsi one I should give it a try. I know it does really good for some people so I need to see the principals behind it.

Ok, I am sorry to talk about this again but it is driving me crazy. I don't know what is wrong with me. I am very unhappy here at work. I don't want to leave the house and I have noticed that I am putting on weight b/c of the depression that is coming with it. I noticed that Mondya when I was at the golf tourn. I was in such a good mood and I think it is b/c I was not here. I used to love it here and now I don't even want to come. When my boss talks to me I don't even want to look at him b/c I don't want to hear what he has to say. Maybe I am doing this b/c I know that I will be starting school in a month and I will have a way out but I should not be acting this way.

I am not looking for you guys to tell me what to do, I just had to get it off of my chest. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2003, 10:07 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning Ladies

Well its Thursday and where did the week go?For the past week I have been pretty busy since the weather was so nice.I didn't want to sit in the house.Now the weather is getting dreary and cold again.YUCK!!! I broke down and cried the other day; I have just been so stressed even though I was getting out of the house.It looks as though I may not be able to go to my mom's for christmas because the truck isn't fixed and money is really tight.But i am keeping my fingers crossed.

This morning I pulled out a pair of my ole jeans to see if I could get my tush in them and guess what.I did YAY ME!!!I don't know whats ahead of me today.But I hope its something to help me stay in this pretty good mood.

Kempy: If you are not happy hun; change whatever it is thats not helping. If you can afford to do so that is. *hugs*

Hello gang!!!

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 11-06-2003, 10:10 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

Leenie - your food journals look good! you are doing so good! how many are you having at your house on Thanksgiving?

Kemp - it always helps to vent! glad you can talk to us!

Cin - of course we've been missing you!!!! you gotta find a way to get in here more then once a week girlie! but we will take what we can get!

LindaT - how is Arnold doing with the new job in California? and BOO - 48 more days til Christmas! LOL I counted them up just for you!

Lynnie - congrats on getting those jeans on! doesn't it feel good! hugs!

oops boss is looking for something - bbl

hugs,
cathy
Old 11-06-2003, 11:32 AM   #6  

Angry Morning!

Hi everyone! Been running around like a chicken with my head cut off and just jumped out of the shower....housekeeper is about to arrive....read everyone the riot act this morning before their feet hit the floor because I have been working my butt off all week getting this place in order and my two dd's managed to destroy both of their bedrooms yesterday afternoon....and hubby just got it because he hasn't done anything to help....the recycling is overflowing, the bottles are all over the garage, etc etc.......anyhow....now I will sit with my coffee and read the paper.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Congrats Lynnie on getting into your jeans....nothing feels better than that!

Kemp hang in there!

Hi Leens, Cathy
and the rest of the gang!

Liz
Old 11-06-2003, 01:46 PM   #7  

Hi everyone

I haven't been here in some days.....ever sinse the time change almost 2 weeks ago now......have been feeling depressed on & off.....for parts of the day....not every day though....a week & a half ago....the doctor put me on Celexa for about 7 or 8 months.

I am still using the light box every morning.....just coming to say hi.

April
Old 11-06-2003, 04:01 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Kem, thats what we're here for, gee we can't all be so dang perky all the time

Lynnie YAHOOOO!! you go girl

Cathy, food journal might look good but I have days when my calories are just to stinkin high, and thats what keeps me losing at a snails pace... oh well lol

April the time change has hit me too, lets go to an island where its sunny and beautiful 24/7 lol with lots of men to serve us drinks by the pool

YOU GO LIZ, you fix their wagons !! for punishment make them clean my house that'll fix em

Gotta run and lock up here b/4 its time for me to book out of here.

Hugs everyone, boy I wish I could spend more time w/y'all.

Love Me !
Old 11-06-2003, 06:42 PM   #9  
Walking by faith

Hi Y'all,

I need to vent a little myself. Anybody know any "diet saboteurs"; friends, family, and co-workers who keep offering you fattening foods, or just eat your favorites in front of you? My DH went shopping w/me this afternoon. The store had a special on fresh baked baguettes (bread). My DH knows that this is my BIG weakness, but he bought it anyway! Then, while I was cooking dinner, he sliced some up with some olive oil and seasoning to dip it in, and just enjoyed himself! GRRR!

Kempy: Just think-you're almost done w/the job!
Lynnie: WOW-congrats on getting into those jeans!!
Liz: Relax and enjoy having your house cleaned.
Leenie: Squash Pie!! Don't get me started!
April: This early darkness is getting to everyone I think. Hope you'll be feeling better soon.
CIN, Tippy, and everyone else ((((HUGS)))))
Closed Thread