South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 07:23 PM   #1  
Believe it & Achieve it

Question All I wanted was some SF Pumpkin Mousse *sniff* I need help

O.k. Last night had a bad sugar craving. Pumpkin pie sounded good but I was going to be really good and make a sf pumpkin mousse. When I first made the recipe it was horribly bitter, so I added 4 splenda packets...still bitter, folded in the 2 cups optional cool-whip still bitter but better and then added 4 more splenda packets. Still has a bite to it but edible. LOL. Chilling overnight did help but I can only eat half a bite before it tastes bitter to me. Can someone help me doctor this up? I don't want to throw it away.

Here is the recipe

3 cups pumpkin
2/3 cup brown sugar (which can be substituted for 1/2 cup sf maple syrup-what I did)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
2 cups cool whip (optional)
*I added 8 splenda packets*

Should I add 1/3 more cup of the sf maple syrup?
Old 11-04-2003, 07:34 PM   #2  

Default here's what i do: r/o

Thanksgiving Pumpkin Mousse -1 1/2 cups 1 percent milk
1 1/2 cups nonfat ricotta
3 cups solid packed canned pumpkin
(1 box (3.4 oz) sugar-free, fat-free Jello butterscotch pudding
24 almonds
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves

Put ricotta cheese, milk, pumpkin, pudding mix and spices in large bowl. Mix slowly at first, then beat with mixer for one minute at low speed until fully mixed. Place in eight small dessert bowls. Place three almonds on each separate pudding bowl and sprinkle with a touch of cinnamon. Chill until set and enjoy.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:37 PM   #3  
Believe it & Achieve it

maybe I should add the vanilla and butterscotch to see if I can save it. That should make it taste more like a pumpkin pie than the mess I have right now. Lol.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:07 PM   #4  

Ginger is a very strong herb... I don't think I'd use that much of it again. I'm not sure how you could save it...

Jenny
Old 11-04-2003, 11:35 PM   #5  
Believe it & Achieve it

I saved it! The butterscotch, milk and vanilla added to what I did was the trick. It tastes like pumpkin pie without the crust. *yum* Thank you!

Jenny-

I don't think I will be using that many spices again either. lol.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:45 PM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

Lisainfl: How do you suppose your recipe would go in a nut crust, so we could actually have pie? South Fl? I hail from Central Fl. Lizzie
Old 11-06-2003, 07:47 PM   #7  

Default Nut crusts

Speaking of nut crusts.... I made my first one ever last night and used a pumpkin cheesecake filling. I used almonds and it was super. Have been practicing for what I will take that is SB friendly to my daughter's on Thanksgiving.. this one will definitely be taken. Jenny
Closed Thread